Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Help With My Lexus Es 350 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With My Lexus Es 350 (5822 Views)

My Lexus Car Vibrates When I Turn It On / Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! / Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With My Lexus Es 350 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2020
My Es 350 2007 doesn't engage when on REVERSE and the Drive wasn't smooth. This happened very close to my house and the car has been parked since yesterday. Gear oil has never been changed. Car is in Benin city and was bought in August. The issue started yesterday after more than one month of smooth driving. Any competent mech in Benin city should quote me!.

Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Presegs(m): 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2020
Is there any warning light showing on the dashboard?

Have you checked the level of its transmission fluid?

Have you scanned the car?

Above all, drain and put 4 litres of original Toyota WS transmission fluid in it.
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2020
Presegs:
Is there any warning light showing on the dashboard?

Have you checked the level of its transmission fluid?

Have you scanned the car?

Above all, drain and put 4 litres of original Toyota WS transmission fluid in it.
Thanks for your response. No warning light sir!. This models have no dipsticks. I will scan tommorow once I get a competent workshop in Benin city.
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Presegs(m): 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2020
TheNewAgeFarmer:

Thanks for your response. No warning light sir!. This models have no dipsticks. I will scan tommorow once I get a competent workshop in Benin city.

You are welcome.

But there is where it could be checked; at the driver side front wheel part. If you scan and there is still no error code, drain and replace its transmission fluid with the one I specified up there ONLY.
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
Okay thank you.
Presegs:

You are welcome.

But there is where it could be checked; at the driver side front wheel part. If you scan and there is still no error code, drain and replace its transmission fluid with the one I specified up there ONLY.
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Kingsdave(m): 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2020
No need to scan... Buy the recommended Toyota WS gear oil and also the filter... Go to your mech... The gear oil is low... This happened to me around april

2 Likes

Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2020
okay thank you.
Kingsdave:
No need to scan... Buy the recommended Toyota WS gear oil and also the filter... Go to your mech... The gear oil is low... This happened to me around april
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Presegs(m): 9:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
Kingsdave:

If he scans, the car will explode right?

For your information, scanning will as well reveal some hidden faults even on the transmission that might need early fixing.

Don't change or let them touch the filter because those in the market are inferior ones; just drain the oil and put 4 litres in it for a start and you can top it up with 1 litre or two after some days. Don't let anyone mislead you. Thanks

7 Likes

Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 10:27pm On Oct 11, 2020
Thank you for your input!.
Presegs:

For your information, scanning will as well reveal some hidden faults even on the transmission that might need early fixing.

Don't change or let them touch the filter because those in the market are inferior ones; just drain the oil and put 4 litres in it for a start and you can top it up with 1 litre or two after some days. Don't let anyone mislead you. Thanks
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Nobody: 4:07am On Oct 12, 2020
Benz or nothing
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Lexusgs430: 4:14am On Oct 12, 2020
TheNewAgeFarmer:
My Es 350 2007 doesn't engage when on REVERSE and the Drive wasn't smooth. This happened very close to my house and the car has been parked since yesterday. Gear oil has never been changed. Car is in Benin city and was bought in August. The issue started yesterday after more than one month of smooth driving. Any competent mech in Benin city should quote me!.

At almost 180K miles..... First thing to do when buying a used car is(car without full service history), replace all oils with manufacturer recommended fluids + full and proper service........

Motor no be bicycle......... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Kingsdave(m): 4:14am On Oct 12, 2020
Presegs:

You don't top it after some days yo! What kind of whack advice is that.... the ES350 has no dip stick... and the gear oil reservoir is underneath he needs to loose some parts in order to get to it... only a mechanic can get to it... he needs at least 8 litres of the WS so long as he is flushing and refilling... the gear oil reservoir has a guage it will take almost 7 litres plus or 7 to refill it... he can't go about topping it in some days ... getting to the reservoir is so complicated
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Presegs(m): 5:00am On Oct 12, 2020
Kingsdave:

You don't top it after some days yo! What kind of whack advice is that.... the ES350 has no dipstick... and the gear oil reservoir is underneath he needs to loose some parts in order to get to it... only a mechanic can get to it... he needs at least 8 litres of the WS so long as he is flushing and refilling... the gear oil reservoir has a guage it will take almost 7 litres plus or 7 to refill it... he can't go about topping it in some days ... getting to the reservoir is so complicated

For your information, it is not good to overfill the transmission, which is the reason I recommend a maximum of 6 litres. It is rare to see where anyone specifically states the litres of oil that should be poured into it, though. It can be topped up after some days, and there is no law or warning saying one shouldn't top it up. The essence of pouring 4 litres first when drained though optional has its advantages far more than its disadvantages.

Yes, it doesn't have a dipstick, but ways of checking its level are improvised. Getting to its reservoir is not complicated but simple and direct after the tyre of the front driver side is removed and that part jerked up a little.

@ OP just drain, and no need of flushing; to drain is different from flushing when analysed technically.

1 Like

Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by kingreign(m): 6:15am On Oct 12, 2020
TheNewAgeFarmer:
OP, have a competent technician check if your transmission oil sump has been dented inwards, If yes, it should be removed and beaten out. Also, I'd suggest you allow a highly competent technician do a scan, drain and refill of that transmission fluid using the genuine WS at the right quantity.

FYI, if you're only draining and refilling, pls the right quantity of fluids lexus/toyota recommends is 2.5L and no more and its a very stringent process involved in doing this.

For a 2007 ES350 is prone to transmissions failure and I feel it's what's happening to yours also.

1 Like

Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 9:43am On Oct 12, 2020
Car will be scanned later today. Thanks all.
Aside this oil, which other one can be used?.

Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Kingsdave(m): 10:44am On Oct 12, 2020
Presegs:

For your information, it is not good to overfill the transmission, which is the reason I recommend a maximum of 6 litres. It is rare to see where anyone specifically states the litres of oil that should be poured into it, though. It can be topped up after some days, and there is no law or warning saying one shouldn't top it up. The essence of pouring 4 litres first when drained though optional has its advantages far more than its disadvantages.

Yes, it doesn't have a dipstick, but ways of checking its level are improvised. Getting to its reservoir is not complicated but simple and direct after the tyre of the front driver side is removed and that part jerked up a little.

@ OP just drain, and no need of flushing; to drain is different from flushing when analysed technically.
Sorry I mean drain .... Not flush.... The gear oil reservoir has a gauge bro... Nothing like over filling ... If it reaches close to the gauge you stop
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 10:55am On Oct 12, 2020
I have seen a workshop, but their workload is much. They are asking me to come around by 3pm or tomorrow morning!. Aside the oil that I uploaded can any other oil serve?.
Kingsdave:

Sorry I mean drain .... Not flush.... The gear oil reservoir has a gauge bro... Nothing like over filling ... If it reaches close to the gauge you stop

Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Presegs(m): 11:51am On Oct 12, 2020
Kingsdave:

There is over filling; check online for people's feedbacks.

The system of stopping when it spills to the ground often used by people often leads to over filling.
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by promotervickky(m): 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2020
Kingsdave:
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2020
[quote author=promotervickky post=94863927][/quote]
You feel same?.
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Presegs(m): 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
TheNewAgeFarmer:
Aside from this oil, which other one can be used?.

This is the exact recommended one. Don't use another one or fake one of this which is the reason you should buy it from trusted outlet.
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by melviniyke2002(m): 3:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
TheNewAgeFarmer:
I have seen a workshop, but their workload is much. They are asking me to come around by 3pm or tomorrow morning!. Aside the oil that I uploaded can any other oil serve?.
d one u uploaded is d recommended....
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2020
The workshop doesn’t have the recommended one and they are insisting I use the one they have. I will post picture of the gallon soon.
melviniyke2002:
d one u uploaded is d recommended....
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Lexusgs430: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
TheNewAgeFarmer:
Aside this oil, which other one can be used?.

Use any other oil, it might serve you....... But also start saving for another gearbox............. cheesy
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Kingdemu: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Use any other oil, it might serve you....... But also start saving for another gearbox............. cheesy
Are you for real?
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by melviniyke2002(m): 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
Kingdemu:
Are you for real?
true...jumia or konga can deliver within 2 or 3 days depending on ur location....gear nah sensitive part of any car....dont be in a rush...get d ws u uploaded....

1 Like

Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Lexusgs430: 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2020
Kingdemu:
Are you for real?

Yes......
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by chukel(m): 5:01am On Oct 13, 2020
Kingdemu:
Are you for real?
read the whole sentence naa. There is a price for using any other oil as stated by him.

2 Likes

Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by SpaceAngel: 5:54am On Oct 13, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Best advice, has been given by lexusgs430, use only recommend or you may start saving for another gearbox. Don't joke with the gear box as it may be pricey.
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 7:27am On Oct 13, 2020
This is what the workshop is asking me to use!.
6litres is needed, two gallons for 10k.
Scanning of car 10k
Workmanship unknown.
But I am insisting on the recommended.

Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by Babadee1900(m): 7:29am On Oct 13, 2020
TheNewAgeFarmer:
This is what the workshop is asking me to use!.
6litres is needed, two gallons for 10k.
Scanning of car 10k
Workmanship unknown.
But I am insisting on the recommended.
Run!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 7:43am On Oct 13, 2020
Thanks. I am going to kojo motors to see if I will get original.
Babadee1900:
Run!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Does It Really Cost To Ship A Car? / Where To Buy Very Clean Cars Cheap. / Engine Autopsy 3.3L V6 242 Hp Hyundai Santafe 2008 Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.