Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS (60985 Views)

Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting / Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate / Oshiomhole Accepts Dissolution Of APC NWC, Pledges Loyalty To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by tonididdy(m): 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
Abbaniman1990:
With all due respect to the opinion of those clamouring for EndSARS, take it or leave it, there is certain percentage of criminal element among those protesting. They are not patriotic in their mind. they just want to see the end of SARs so as to continue with their crimes without hindrance.
Am very sure, if time will do us favour, one day, crime rate will definitely rise.
And the same group of people protesting today will be the same to go out and protest for rise of insecurity in their area.
You are not smarter than over 120million other minds... Neither are you smarter than the IG.
Yes sars is dissolved... There is need for a unit to tackle "special crimes".
There will be a new unit BUT that unit will not be sars. It will a reborn unit.

... Na who police catch be thief.
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Sonoyom(m): 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2020
Shame on those people who said it is not possible. SilverNorGold we were not wasting our time.
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by WoundedLamb: 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2020
spydera:
...to be redeployed to where again!!!!!!!!!
we want all of them sacked, retired, removed completely from every and any form of armed service.

Rendering those guys jobless will only increase crime cause they'd explicitly move to the other side of the law.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Karleb(m): 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by karnap(m): 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2020
MrNipplesLover:
my advice to Nigerians at large now is that we should all maintain serenity, now that we have a result already.
let's wait and see where their reformation is heading to.
the point now is that there is no more SARS vest on our streets and no one go come and harrass us anyhow when we are not guilty of any charge.

now, to all those mumu yahoo boys, don't be overjoyous about this and start misbehaving up and down thinking u are free to be making noise everywhere and do anyhow.
you yahoo guys should have been wise now that lowkey does it all.

I'm not supporting u guys oooh, I will never ever do, I'm just advising in order to avoid bringing back the system that the now defunct SARS have been exhibiting on us.

make government no say now that SARS is scrapped, you have are now doing anyhow and dem go bounce back on us.

let's stay calm and enjoy our lowkey movement.

it pain me say I jam rotten fish pussy few days ago, I for wash this with some glorious pussy but make I dey lockup and drink wine.

let's move.
correct advisegrin

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2020
Sonoyom:
Shame on those people who said it is not possible. SilverNorGold we were not wasting our time.

Sonoyom:

My brother wetin be the latest scores now abeg?
I don dissolve SARS, shame on you!

My beloved brother, we are all winning.. Nigeria belongs to us all, and we, all well-meaning and law-abiding Nigerians, have the best interests of Nigeria at heart, including our able daddy, President Mohammadu Buhari.

Agbegbaorogboye:

You have failed. SARS is ended. Return back to your office and file a report of your failure

My brother, it'll be rebranded, not ended.. Just the name "SARS" has ended.. According to the IGP:

The IGP says officers captured under the special police unit, SARS, will now be deployed for other purposes and a new anti-robbery squad with the same objectives as SARS to be named later.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by karnap(m): 3:27pm On Oct 11, 2020
tell Reno. to bring back buhari followers grin
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by dblog: 3:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
This #Sarsbrutality# has been ended by deploying them to different units. IGP took good steps as a good citizen of naija. Good job!
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by project8(m): 3:29pm On Oct 11, 2020
fineboynl:
its better they redeploy the current sars to the military.

maybe under some kind of sub-military group.

then a new recruit of fresh graduate into anti robbery and kidnapping intelligent squad, then pick some soldiers among them.

50% of soldiers should act as the combactant. 10% civil defends, 10% Police, and 30% fresh new recruit.

because southerners are the current thieves in sars.

the Nigeria military should do 50% of the recriut, 70% northerners.

the Nigeria civil defends 10% of the recriut, 60% northerners.

the Nigeria DSS 10% of recriut, 60% northerners.

the Nigeria police 30% of the recriut. 60% northerners.

the list of all the recriut should then be forwarded to the IGP to form a new robbery and kidnapping team. the police should not be allowed to do the recriut alone.

when all the group are mixed up to form a single units under the police that fight robbery and kidnapping and other local insurgence. I can assured Nigerians of a better result.

that sars group and their recruit is dead on arrival.
Helo bro, if they absolve them into d military we are finished. I think they shud just send them to sambisa to showcase their talents
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Ustec: 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
kiddoiLL:
Like I said may calamity befall you and your next generation ten times fold if you think it's everyone that engages in fraudulent activities.
You sir your stupidity is very far and wide across the globe.
I hope you fall victim to SARS, I hope you weep for what they do to you someday.

Special Anti Robbery Squad that took it upon itself to go walking up around streets and harassing, extorting every young person in the country.

make it make sense!!
Explain to me how you can justify the fact that these two sets of people work under the same Force?
May calamity befall you too and your next generation ten times fold.
I did not said it is everybody that engages in crime, continue to curse yourself and your entire generation Mr man.
Good day.!
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by engrchykae(m): 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
IGP,you better be serious because what I and sane Nigerians understand by your declaration is that"any person posing as sars officer from today onwards is on his own"
If seen anywhere in our geographical space should be killed by mob.
If you want to play chess,learn the chess game properly.
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Niceman12(m): 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
Shattuck:
the north has never protested heavily against insurgency( I stand to be corrected) Nigeria has many problems, my biggest joy about this news that Nigeria can unite for a just cause to effect change, but if we are to get that change on a national level we need to come together as a united entity north and south, arrewa's comment about the all issue leaves more to be desired, Jonathan failed as a president, buhari is also a failure but if we are to fight against buhari's failed govt I am not sure if the northern youth will show support for it.

90% of northerner don't like buhari and APC anymore. For example go and check how northerners are supporting PDP in ondo election. The reason that northerners still depend buhari when southerners are insulting him is that you tend to blame Islam and hausaFulani. Unlike how northeners only insult PDP and its members before 2015.

The reason that we both cannot fight for the same cause is because we are so devided. We can't realize that we are fighting for same thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by uyogabie(f): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2020
Optional09:
That’s what Nigerians don’t understand, while end sars protest is a reasonable way to demand justice from government SARS is a subject of bad leadership in government. Why did Nigerians chose SARS instead of asking for good governance holistically they still allowed theirselves to be use by the same corrupt politicians who are trying to cause distraction from the real issues.

A clear demand for good governance would naturally eliminate sars. Does #EndSars stop lark of basic amenities? does it erect infrastructures? does it establish healthcare system? does it eliminate corrupt politicians and so on? If the Nigerian youth are genuine in their demand for they sars they should now do same for multiple problems facing nigeria, like unemployment, power supply, corruption #ENDBADGovernance
Succint! See us screaming up and down,end SARS,like SARS is the most important problem we have in this country.SARS has only been dissolved back into the police force,what next? Aren't we back to status quo.

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by od501: 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
fergie001:

SOURCE

SOURCE

Don't get too excited ooo...until we see how number 2 and 3 plays out.
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2020
What of peeps under their custody,what happens to then?
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by seanjy4konji: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
Let them go and train with the army and join them in north east and barrack..

They should take their rascality away from civil people.
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Slurity(m): 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
Juliusmalema:
You ended up not ending SARS but re-Integrating them back to normal police force...

Soon another name will be created for it to operate.

Who win?

This is just waste of time and space as same stupid elements are still within police force.

I expected something more higher like increasing welfare and special salary on the unit while putting qualification as at least a degree holder of not less than second class lower with certification in security or any related training from a notable firm..

Upon admitted must be trained specially for at least 7 months on special operations....

While properly redeploying the current SARS officers back to unit or giving them out to banks or firms as securities. That way they can be smoothly eased out of random police operations.

That's how to go in a sane country not this rubbish I just read.
You actually want them to be jobless so that their families will suffer in hunger and come to your house and beg for gaari? Or you want them to be jobless and start or join robbery gang to start tormenting Nigerians? Answer me Olobe. And where is the money to upgrade their salaries and engage university graduates? Don't stay at the corner of your room and dish out advice as if you know everything all. You even call the resolution a rubbish. You actually think the people making those decisions don't have anything in their head abi?
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by abidem4real: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
fergie001:

SOURCE

SOURCE
The situation is going to be like an old wine in a new bottle. Just like Nigerian politicians
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Optional09: 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
ugwum007:

You have to be alive first to protest for good governance. Let SARS go first so that stray bullet no go kill person while protesting for good governance

The same SARS personal would do the shooting as police officer is that ok
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by femlad97(m): 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
Ogonimilitant:
God bless lovers of freedom
God bless Mazi Nnamdi Kanu for making us realize that power belongs to the people

The people have spoken. You don't know the power we have. The North refused to protest because it's an agenda of the North to subjugate the South.

If only the South can unite, the Fulani terrorist in our bushes in the south would be uprooted from our bushes.

I thought Buhari said he is a hard man, this protest would have led to other things that would have collapsed this evil regime
people in northern part of this country don't commit crime the way it is in South e.g yahoo, ritual and many more and also loyal and respectful to police and SARS....no bruatality.......when no one is abuse here why we will protest??
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Ogidigan1: 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2020
"...A new policing arrangement for tackling the offences of armed-robbery and other violent crimes will be unveiled to the public soon"

Don't celebrate yet! Government's decision to disband SARS will only yield a change of name!

Is that what we really need right now? For me, what we actually need is:

1. A reformed SARS where erring officers are seriously dealt with by the force. (e.g you kill an innocent person, you are sentenced to death by firing squad).

2. Permission given to civilians to video/live-stream their encounters with SARS officials, with proper introduction by the sars official- (full names and staff numbers mentioned in the video)

3. A policy that prevents SARS officials from searching mobile phones or other private electronic gadgets owned by civilians.

4. All SARS officials must be properly dressed in NPF uniforms and must undergo psychiatric evaluation prior to joining the team.

5. All SARS official vehicles must be equipped with cameras that can be viewed realtime from a central control room.

6. SARS officials must be re-trained and NPF must develop a written protocol which SARS officials will utilize in engaging civilians in the course of their operations.

If the points mentioned above are not implemented, all we will achieve from the #endsars protest will amount to rebranding!

ACN rebranded to APC.... AP =>Forte oil, Unipetrol=>Oando...the commodity sold is still petrol and diesel! Change of name is just mere paperwork, it doesn't change their mode of operation!
Guys expect new names like FART.... SARS=>FART (Federal Anti-Robbery Team).

"FEDERAL ANTI-ROBBERY TEAM" loading!

The solution is not rebranding! The IGP needs to implement the points 1,2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 stated above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by jamiudinho(m): 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2020
RomanianNinja:
They should be sacked
u are even worst den buhari
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Aagadingo(m): 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2020
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by King44(m): 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Welcome development. Hope they won't change the name and bring them back
This is what would happen rebranding.

Those northern officers should be brought to the south while the northern officers should be taken to the south
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Sleekfingers: 4:06pm On Oct 11, 2020
And some people are happy with this development.....did they sack those criminals called SARS? The answer is NO....they will be all redeployed to other police units...that means that they are still in the system.......those idiots will change tactics......they will join the regular police in raiding....

Nigeria youths now need to be very careful....those redeployed SARS will be dishing out their vexation on them....me i don talk my own o
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by dblog: 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2020
This #Endsars# has successfully ended now. IGP Good job well done. He listened to the protest of naijas both home and abroad.
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by guru90: 4:11pm On Oct 11, 2020
Finally, our cried have be answered.

We made it.

#TeamEndSars
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Jonnyhems: 4:11pm On Oct 11, 2020
#End~ASUUStrike
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Newboss(m): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2020
chinyerefrank444:

shebi you're the one that will be feeding them.

They should join the queue. Once an animal taste human blood, it cannot stop. That's why they put down such animals
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by humilitypays(m): 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
PDP politicians and their chieftains are too dull!!

This #ENDSARS protest was a very easy opportunity for PDP to bring down Buhari government in just one week!

Pump in money, sponsor protests, mobilize agberos and hoodlums to start violent protest to provoke Police further and watch the whole thing turn to #RevolutionProtest

These guys need to hire intelligent political activists like us to help them out, they missed a rare opportunity angry

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Sosaristic4life(m): 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
[quote author=Aladdin1 post=94833217]Good riddance to bad rubbish for good.[/quote
Re: IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS by Yakubu113: 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2020
If only we know what we can achieve when we speak with one voice Nigeria would be great congrats to everyone who supported and participated in the protest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate / Aisha Buhari: Two Powerful Men Behind Buhari’s Slow Progress / El-Rufai Visits Man Attacked In Kaduna By Muslim Youths For Not Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.