Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner (14568 Views)

Fairly Used / Second Hand Acer/lg /hisense Or Samsung Tv / Lg, Hisense & Nexus Showroom {A Great pl to get your home & business appliances} / LG SPLIT UNIT A.C NEEDED IN BULK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by zenith2k9: 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2020
Please I want to buy split airconditioner and I need advice on whether to go for LG or Hisense.
Your advise in terms of durability, cooling, survivability etc will be most appreciated in other to make an informed decision.
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by catwalq(f): 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
Depends on what you're looking for.

Let's start with budget
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by zenith2k9: 11:10pm On Oct 11, 2020
catwalq:
Depends on what you're looking for.

Let's start with budget

Please don't look at the budget which was why I deliberately left it out because I have a budget that can afford either Hisense or LG. I just want to be sure I make the right choice in my purchase based on performance, durability, ruggedity, maintainability, serviceability and that will last well.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by opeyemix: 12:27am On Oct 12, 2020
zenith2k9:

Please don't look at the budget which was why I deliberately left it out because I have a budget that can afford either Hisense or LG. I just want to be sure I make the right choice in my purchase based on performance, durability, ruggedity, maintainability, serviceability and that will last well.

Thanks.

When it comes to rugged and quality Deep freezer, washing machine and AC midea is the best. They are not very popular but sometimes more expensive than hisense due to the quality.

But for TV and sound system, LG is a no-brainer,
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by zenith2k9: 7:54am On Oct 12, 2020
opeyemix:

When it comes to rugged and quality Deep freezer, washing machine and AC midea is the best. They are not very popular but sometimes more expensive than hisense due to the quality.

Thanks for the comments. Your comment gives a totally different twist to the conversation which is a different brand entirely which I really do appreciate and just want to be sure I take the best choice at the end of the day.

Really don't want to get my hands burnt again as I have with some other brands.

6 Likes

Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by okooloyun1(m): 8:21am On Oct 12, 2020
zenith2k9:
Please I want to buy split airconditioner and I need advice on whether to go for LG or Hisense.
Your advise in terms of durability, cooling, survivability etc will be most appreciated in other to make an informed decision.

If your budget can afford Panasonic just go for it.
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by opeyemix: 12:54pm On Oct 12, 2020
zenith2k9:

Thanks for the comments. Your comment gives a totally different twist to the conversation which is a different brand entirely which I really do appreciate and just want to be sure I take the best choice at the end of the day.

Really don't want to get my hands burnt again as I have with some other brands.

As per midea washing machine, ac and deep freezer, I can assure you they are my own best choice. And they don't even have the fake version loitering the market like LG and hisense. My midea machine as never given problem in 3 years. Plus they have customer support in Lagos
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by naijadrivablog: 1:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
Na name. Fake full market.
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 12, 2020
Come and buy my QuinPin Ac

You'll like it

Just that u need to fix that fan that turns at the back

It's bin having issues every week
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by zenith2k9: 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2020
naijadrivablog:
Na name. Fake full market.

Which brand do you recommend?
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by zenith2k9: 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2020
Bonatheripper:
Come and buy my QuinPin Ac

You'll like it

Just that u need to fix that fan that turns at the back

It's bin having issues every week

Not interested in second hand, thanks
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by BoboKush(m): 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2020
If I will advice uu... It will be outside ur box.. Lol
Haier thermocool is the best for me

Lemme naw advice u based on ur option
I then go with Hisense if I'm left with the two option... Most of LG product these days don't do wel as far I'm concern

Dat said
There are conventional AC.. Inverter/Gen cool
Consider the best option that suite u here too
Both has advantages and disadvantages
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by zenith2k9: 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2020
[url][/url]
BoboKush:
If I will advice uu... It will be outside ur box.. Lol
Haier thermocool is the best for me

Lemme naw advice u based on ur option
I then go with Hisense if I'm left with the two option... Most of LG product these days don't do wel as far I'm concern

Dat said
There are conventional AC.. Inverter/Gen cool
Consider the best option that suite u here too
Both has advantages and disadvantages

I guess at this point I will say am open to consider other brands that will guarantee peace of mind and am looking at inverter/gen cool option so I power with my inverter system when electricity fails.
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by aieromon(m): 10:33pm On Oct 12, 2020
zenith2k9:

Same factory, same service centre in Nigeria. If you must buy, purchase from a Fouani authorised distributor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by catwalq(f): 1:53am On Oct 13, 2020
zenith2k9:

Thanks.

LG has two years warranty while Hisense has just one. LG inverter ACs come with ten years warranty on the compressor. Price of LG is higher than Hisense by far
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by zenith2k9: 3:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
catwalq:

LG has two years warranty while Hisense has just one. LG inverter ACs come with ten years warranty on the compressor. Price of LG is higher than Hisense by far

Price is not the issue here, what is major for me is to buy right. And am open to other brands outside Hisense or LG that can guarantee rest of mind.
I just need advice from you experience people in order to take an informed decision.
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by BoboKush(m): 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2020
zenith2k9:
[url][/url]

I guess at this point I will say am open to consider other brands that will guarantee peace of mind and am looking at inverter/gen cool option so I power with my inverter system when electricity fails.

because they said its inverter doesn't mean ur inverter can power it tho.... Aw many battery are u using?
What's ur inverter pr

Mind u..... All brand has inverter AC and one good advantage the the conventional has over inverter is... It cool faster n better
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by zenith2k9: 11:04pm On Oct 13, 2020
BoboKush:

because they said its inverter doesn't mean ur inverter can power it tho.... Aw many battery are u using?
What's ur inverter pr

Mind u..... All brand has inverter AC and one good advantage the the conventional has over inverter is... It cool faster n better

My inverter is 2.4KVA and with 2 batteries at the moment.
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by BoboKush(m): 11:24pm On Oct 13, 2020
zenith2k9:

My inverter is 2.4KVA and with 2 batteries at the moment.

That will even struggle with fridge let alone AC...... 4 batteries no dey carry inverter AC o.... Lol

Let alone 2
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by zenith2k9: 11:59pm On Oct 13, 2020
BoboKush:

That will even struggle with fridge let alone AC...... 4 batteries no dey carry inverter AC o.... Lol

Let alone 2

Wow!!!...thanks and this is well noted. I will just focus on getting a good AC for now then and upgrade my inverter system

1 Like

Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by catwalq(f): 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2020
zenith2k9:

Price is not the issue here, what is major for me is to buy right. And am open to other brands outside Hisense or LG that can guarantee rest of mind.
I just need advice from you experience people in order to take an informed decision.

Scanfrost or Polystar is your best bet, can't say anything about their after sales service tho but the products are durable.

2 Likes

Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by obuneme: 11:49pm On Oct 14, 2020
catwalq:

Scanfrost or Polystar is your best bet, can't say anything about their after sales service tho but the products are durable.
Some Polystar AC are crap, we bought some brand new, after two years it stopped working. OP should either go for Samsung AC or Panasonic brand. This brands are very durable but may be costly.
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by aieromon(m): 10:58pm On Oct 15, 2020
obuneme:

Some Polystar AC are crap, we bought some brand new, after two years it stopped working. OP should either go for Samsung AC or Panasonic brand. This brands are very durable but may be costly.

I've had a pleasant experience with the brand so far.

2 Likes

Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by ikelords(m): 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2020
opeyemix:

true talk midea is a beast when it comes to a/c. I haven't called a repairman since I started using my midea a/c since 5 years ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by zenith2k9: 12:56pm On Oct 17, 2020
Thanks to all for your comments so far. From all the comments I think the choice for the AC should be any of Samsung, Panasonic or Midea.
Which will be the best to go for?
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by Joecul: 10:26am On Apr 06, 2021
I looked at this thread and others last year November 2020 and decided I will go for LG inverter AC 1.5 hp.
I am here to advise people not to buy LG AC. You will spend 2 years of your warranty having issues with water leaking into the house. Only after 3 months I started having this issue. They kept on sending technicians for another 2 months try to repair it. They finally gave up and asked me to bring it to them. When I took it back to them one of the staff said this ACs always have this issue. So they know about it... Lol. Wahala for who go buy LG o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by zenith2k9: 10:54pm On Apr 07, 2021
Thanks for this info. Had to buy the conventional panasonic last year but was considering to buy LG or panasonic inverter AC later this month because of power issues in my area but after checking round an installer advised that the conventional airconditioners are far better than their inverter equivalent on the long run. Don't know how true this is though.

May be some professionals here can further advise.

Joecul:
I looked at this thread and others last year November 2020 and decided I will go for LG inverter AC 1.5 hp.
I am here to advise people not to buy LG AC. You will spend 2 years of your warranty having issues with water leaking into the house. Only after 3 months I started having this issue. They kept on sending technicians for another 2 months try to repair it. They finally gave up and asked me to bring it to them. When I took it back to them one of the staff said this ACs always have this issue. So they know about it... Lol. Wahala for who go buy LG o
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by baylord77(m): 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2021
Joecul:

I've used LG Inverter AC 1.5hp for almost 3years and I can tell you it's the best out there though expensive.

I purchased extra 4 units of same capacity this year and they are doing just great.

These are facts you should know.

The ACs cool and chill and even after power outage, the place remains cool for another 30mins - 1hour if doors and windows were left closed.

It doesn't get you cold like your conventional AC.

Again, it saves you energy when it comes to electricity bills.

It's damn durable!

I had to drop this review after reading yours because it conflicts my experience.

Just make sure you buy from a reliable dealer and in my case, I never buy outside Fouani stores.

2 Likes

Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by Draxy(m): 4:17pm On Aug 20, 2021
Joecul:

Am looking to buy LG, but a tech in Founai told me that Hisense chills better than LG. I hope to go buy the Hisesne 1.5 inverter tomorrow. Me no get Founai power, na Alaba me dey go find am, I hear say na d same distributor to Founai sef. Don't know how true.
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by Bigsteveg(m): 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2021
Draxy:

Am looking to buy LG, but a tech in Founai told me that Hisense chills better than LG. I hope to go buy the Hisesne 1.5 inverter tomorrow. Me no get Founai power, na Alaba me dey go find am, I hear say na d same distributor to Founai sef. Don't know how true.
Did you eventually buy the Hisense. Lets have your review pls
Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by Draxy(m): 2:14pm On Dec 20, 2021
Ya i got the hisense, and men am over loving it. the inverter 1.5 and it chills so perfect.
Bigsteveg:

Re: Hisense Or LG Split Airconditioner by Draxy(m): 7:16am On Jan 05, 2022
Am so glad I got it.... I'll advice who cares to go for hisense. It chills faster over LG. My neighbor and I have compared. Both 1.5 inverter
Bigsteveg:

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines / How Safe Is CALA Investment? / 5 Kinds Of People You Meet At The ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.