Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

We Will Soon Expose Those Feeding Fat On IPPIS, Says ASUU - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Will Soon Expose Those Feeding Fat On IPPIS, Says ASUU (18120 Views)

ASUU-UNILAG Sanctions 240 Lectures For Enrolling On IPPIS (Full List) / ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? / Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Soon Expose Those Feeding Fat On IPPIS, Says ASUU by asunmoGGMU(m): 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2020
zicoy6k:

And what gives you the assurance that there are no ghost workers under the IPPIS scheme? Lecturers were paid with the same IPPIS for 4 months without them being enrolled before the AGoF decided to stop the payment in June probably because ASUU members raised concerns on how they were being paid without enrolling and being captured. This implies that they can just enrol anyone they want and the person will continue to receive salary without no one knowing.

In addition, if there are ghost workers in the university system, is ASUU to be blamed? Nobody gets on the payroll of the university without the knowledge of the VCs, University council and bursary (mostly the VC and the bursar). The VC and all the external council members are appointed by fg. The bursar is appointed by the council. Now tell me how ASUU is to be blamed if there are ghost workers. If the aim is to get rid of ghost workers, is IPPIS an efficient solution? The answer is no as there are better ways to exterminate the issue of ghost workers. ASUU has complained severally about fg's refusal to send visitation panels to the universities.

All the other university unions (SSANU and NASU) are also on strike because of this same IPPIS despite having showed support earlier. Is this not an indication that something is wrong with the scheme?

See, there are many things to say about IPPIS but the conclusion is that if ASUU loses the fight against IPPIS, the gainers are the OAGF, MoF and director of IPPIS while the losers are the students and parents.

Note that IPPIS is not among the top 3 reasons for the current ASUU strike.

The ghost workers were identified only under IPPIS. It is funny that a colleague of mine whose father was a late professor got paid salary grin. How did that happen? Who has been collecting it before now? I leave that to you to answer.

For the ghost workers in the university system, the university management is to blame in a "sane and ideal" university system but that is not the case in ALL of our public university system. I spoke with my Supervisor who is a principal officer in one of Nigeria's topmost federal universities and he mentioned that there are plethora issues of ghost workers that university management often overlook so as not to "step on toes". These toes are fellow ASUU members. I want to believe you can connect the dots from there.

There is disparity in payment through IPPIS and old payment platform because taxes to state governments are deducted from salary unlike when FG pays for them. Lastly, IPPIS is the issue with ASUU. They are just using whatever demands as red herring to cover their selfishness.
Re: We Will Soon Expose Those Feeding Fat On IPPIS, Says ASUU by King44(m): 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
Ndumyke:
Nigerians should protest against ASUU, let's end this ASUU, they are selfish, lecturing in different schools creating unemployment for graduates. #**$ENDASUU%&%
Very selfish bunch of people

If the case had been the amount paid to them through IPPS was too small compared to what was expected and tax is not deducted according to the amount of money they collect, very understandable.

It is not like that, they are trying to cheat the gvt

The gvt sef na thief them be but they can't be blamed for this unnecessary strike ASUU is to be blamed.

Parents are thinking of moving their wards to private schools now, students yet to graduate, students stopped from concluding their exams and you are saying it is for the betterment of the student. ASUU YOU GUYS ARE SELFISH, GREEDY, & FRUDULENT MOFOs

You said they didn't pay in full through IPPS show us evidence

You said professors were paid 100k show us evidence make we see

You said people are benefitting from IPPS expose them and show us evidence on how they have been benefitting from it

Luckily for us we sabi calculate/maths small so no woruru

They don't want schools to resume due to convid that is decreasing by the day and they want to get paid just imagine and now complaining no 6 month salary.

1 Like

Re: We Will Soon Expose Those Feeding Fat On IPPIS, Says ASUU by King44(m): 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2020
Eaglefine:
On the matter of 'Schools that might scrap one academic session'.

Pls you people should scrap 'finally year'. I gotta leave soon

Gbam!!!!!

1 Like

Re: We Will Soon Expose Those Feeding Fat On IPPIS, Says ASUU by King44(m): 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2020
otokx:

Correct application of Tax deductions, pension deductions and NHF deductions, removal of some unapproved allowances, IPPIS is doing very well.
They should enroll first then point out the loopholes with that been said and done go on strike, their action would be justified.

Not this we will expose them sh*t who is holding or stopping you from exposing the greedy people amongst you.

ASUU are using students future as leverage

Students are the ponds ASUU and GVT are the players
Re: We Will Soon Expose Those Feeding Fat On IPPIS, Says ASUU by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 12, 2020
ASUU,

FG is your employer, and reserve the right to determine how the employee will be paid.

If some people are not getting their rightful salaries on IPPIS, it will be resolved later.

It is called peaceful resolution. The economy of Nigeria is hanging because schools are not open. Education contribute a lot to GDP.
Re: We Will Soon Expose Those Feeding Fat On IPPIS, Says ASUU by goodheart02(m): 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
Skynet45:
angry angry angry angry
Fuvk ASUU. ASUU and FG both are corrupt. ASUU should point to anything that has been created or invented by the thousands of useless Nigerian professors. ASUU and FG are both mad they should go and settle themselves, students are tired of both of them.

Note ASUU strike contributed to the current protest.

No dear. The protest would have been worst if students were in session. There would be no parents or guardians to prevent them from going out to protest while at school. Do u know how many youths were held back by their parents just because they were at home??

1 Like

Re: We Will Soon Expose Those Feeding Fat On IPPIS, Says ASUU by zicoy6k: 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
asunmoGGMU:

The ghost workers were identified only under IPPIS. It is funny that a colleague of mine whose father was a late professor got paid salary grin. How did that happen? Who has been collecting it before now? I leave that to you to answer.

For the ghost workers in the university system, the university management is to blame in a "sane and ideal" university system but that is not the case in ALL of our public university system. I spoke with my Supervisor who is a principal officer in one of Nigeria's topmost federal universities and he mentioned that there are plethora issues of ghost workers that university management often overlook so as not to "step on toes". These toes are fellow ASUU members. I want to believe you can connect the dots from there.

There is disparity in payment through IPPIS and old payment platform because taxes to state governments are deducted from salary unlike when FG pays for them. Lastly, IPPIS is the issue with ASUU. They are just using whatever demands as red herring to cover their selfishness.

I still maintain that IPPIS doesn't solve the issue of ghost workers, it only transfers the power of enrolling ghost workers to the guys in abuja. There are better ways to solve the issue;ASUU already proposed UTAS and I'm sure u have heard about it.

Also, I think I should remind you that only the VC and bursar with approval from the council can put a person on the university payroll, now is it ASUU's fault if there are ghost workers? The government should be blamed because these are their appointees. ASUU has been asking for visitation panels to all federal universities but fg doesn't care. Even when members of ASUU write petitions against the VCs and other management staff, the petitioner ends up being victimized while the crimes are swept under carpet.

This issue of IPPIS is not really to fight corruption, there are people cashing out big from the scheme.

And let me let you know that the frauds committed when contracts are awarded are much more than this issue of ghost workers. How will IPPIS prevent that?

I can see that you are not in the system, so there are things you don't know. This current strike is not about IPPIS. In fact, implementation of the 2009 agreement especially as regards renegotiation and earned allowances are the core issues that members want fg to address. The decision to go on strike had been reached long before fg made IPPIS mandatory in february.

Let me also remind you that IPPIS paid dead and retired staff.

Now as regards tax, I'm sure you have heard of negotiated tax. University staff had been paying negotiated tax which was accepted by most states. Now, IPPIS has decided to implement the full tax which is not really an issue but the problem is they are taxing the entire salary when they should tax only the basic.

There's a lot to say but I'm tired.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oluwademilade Odumuboni Beats 782,852 Others To Win Toyota Global Contest / My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real / 53 Candidates Sit For Common Entrance Exam In Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.