Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory (29056 Views)

Nigerians deserve blame for emergence of pantami as minister-APC / Ondo 2020: Akeredolu, Jegede, Ajayi Sign Peace Accord / Tinubu Reconciles APC In Ondo, Solicits Support For Akeredolu’s 2nd Term (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by nairavsdollars(f): 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos 

Zacheaus Akinlose, a chieftain of the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) has blamed Eyitayo Jegede, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Agboola Ajayi, Deputy Governor of Ondo state for the massive votes garnered by Governor Rotimi Akeredolu in the just concluded governorship election in Ondo state.

Akeredolu, who won 15 of the 18 Local Government Areas in the state polled 292,830 votes  as against Jegede who garnered 195,791 votes.

Agboola Ajayi, candidate of the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) and deputy governor of the state, came a distant third with 69,217 votes.

Speaking with our correspondent, Akinlose said it is wrong for people to claim  that Ajayi's low votes in the election is a testament that he overrated himself that he was popular and can defeat Akeredolu in the election.

According to him, few days to the election, having realised that Jegede and Ajayi are unwilling to enter into an alliance, many ZLP supporters who moved out of APC to PDP and ZLP returned to their original party and voted for Akeredolu.

" Sincerely speaking, I put the blame on Jegede and Ajayi. I can categorically say that they handed over the victory to Akeredolu on a platter of gold".

" Look at a Jegede that rode on Mimiko's popularity in 2016, he thinks he has now arrived and can defeat an incumbent governor on his own. Also look at Ajayi, you jumped from APC to PDP and then ZLP and in one month you want to win governorship election. Let's be realistic, can ZLP defeat APC in an election?".

"Ajayi got 69,000 votes in the election but I believe he would have gotten more votes if he had entered into alliance with Jegede. Few days to the election, many of his supporters who left APC with him to ZLP returned to the party and voted for Akeredolu. They said they will rather vote for the governor who stands a high chance of winning rather than waste their votes on ZLP" he said.

https://www.independent.ng/blame-jegede-ajayi-for-akeredolus-massive-victory-zlp-chieftain/

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by Fistop: 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2020
True

23 Likes

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by GallantDuke(m): 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2020
I just pity the deputy governor

18 Likes

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by Baawaa(m): 7:33pm On Oct 11, 2020
Campaign after election

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by BabbanBura(m): 7:33pm On Oct 11, 2020
Agreed totally, the only way anyone could have wrestled power from Aketi would have being alliance to combine votes so it is one party against APC and not splitting votes across two opposition parties.

The lack of alliance must have also made it easy for those on the fence to tilt to Aketi's side for inclusion sake

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
I saw this coming...
I know this will happen....
Ajayi should have waited for maybe four years and allow jegede who is more popular run and liase with him....
How is he going to save face now?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by muykem: 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2020
The rest is history. Akeredolu has bought his way to another 4years same in Edo state.

8 Likes

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by irvene: 8:04pm On Oct 11, 2020
cool

1 Like

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2020
muykem:
The rest is history. Akeredolu has bought his way to another 4years same in Edo state.

Lol, them no fear US threats this time ni? cheesy

Abiamaka:
Ondo no be Edo

+100000000000, my brother! cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by tooth4tooth: 8:15pm On Oct 11, 2020
I don't agree with this ZLP chieftain. When you sum up Jegede and Ajayi votes still can't jettison Akeredolu's victory.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by fergie001: 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
Congrats to the Winner, HE Rotimi Akeredolu SAN

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by bolaayenimo: 9:10am On Oct 12, 2020
Didnt you hear him say many ZLP chieftain defects to APC?

tooth4tooth:
I don't agree with this ZLP chieftain. When you sum up Jegede and Ajayi votes still can't jettison Akeredolu's victory.

35 Likes

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by ODJ124(m): 9:12am On Oct 12, 2020
That ZLP guy messed up..... he should have been patient....
The patient dog eats the fattest bone... ...

Thread seen...

7 Likes

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by tunjilomo(m): 10:13am On Oct 12, 2020
I am undecided on what to say.

In other news, this boy is in need of recharge card. Glo network.

BLESSINGS be on you all.
Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by October12: 10:14am On Oct 12, 2020
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by BruncleZuma: 10:14am On Oct 12, 2020
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by Omoslim26: 10:14am On Oct 12, 2020
ok
Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by naijadjmixtape: 10:14am On Oct 12, 2020
Congrats to winner visit naijadjmixtape.com enjoy foreign dj mix
Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by easyfem(m): 10:15am On Oct 12, 2020
5k at wrk ............ i knw apc will spend money to get this man back there ... they cant loose two state within a week ........ oo wrong naaa

1 Like

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by Nimrah: 10:15am On Oct 12, 2020
Politics
Dail
*894*0*124904#
To open a quick firstbank account
I just did

1 Like

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by Abiamaka(m): 10:15am On Oct 12, 2020
Ondo no be Edo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by funmike83(f): 10:15am On Oct 12, 2020
Abeg
Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by omoburuku: 10:16am On Oct 12, 2020
honestly dey both Effed up big time, I was actually expecting some kind of an alliance BTW dem, Aketi was d common enemy here, and dey say d enemy of my enemy is my friend. cry
#CommonSense

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by Omoslim26: 10:16am On Oct 12, 2020
That was one hell of a flawless Victory

pdthief should really up their game if they are really ready to send the National disaster of a party called Apcheat parking
Re: Zacheaus Akinlose: Jegede, Ajayi Deserve Blame For Akeredolu’s Massive Victory by BigDawsNet: 10:17am On Oct 12, 2020
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bida Market Where Boko Haram Trades - Daily Trust / Patrick Ndubueze Attacked By Assassins In Imo. One Killed (Photos) / IPOB Kills 13 Northern Traders In Enugu, Imo In One Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.