Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike (23538 Views)

Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday / Soku And Kula Oil: Wike And Dickson In Cold War / Wike Warns #RevolutionNow Protesters, Says "Stay Off Rivers State" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Felajack: 9:27am On Oct 12, 2020
V
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Kendumazy(m): 9:27am On Oct 12, 2020
OK sir
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Heavenschild: 9:27am On Oct 12, 2020
cheesy
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by naijadjmixtape: 9:27am On Oct 12, 2020
Nice one...NaijaDJMixtape.com is your best plug for foreign DJ Mix
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Nimrah: 9:28am On Oct 12, 2020
We are blessed as a nation
Dail
*894*0*124904#
To open a quick firstbank account
I just did
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by seguno2: 9:31am On Oct 12, 2020
MickzyDonald:
Will you shut up...I know they will be pushing it to one another.... Politicians and their lifestyle

Politicians like Buhari and his APC people who just blame others instead of accepting responsibility for their actions?
Why is Buhari so irresponsible? How can we make him responsible for his actions and work?

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by StTrump: 9:31am On Oct 12, 2020
Why are people so afraid of the truth? Why will the CBN buy gold from Zamfara? Are they mad? Henceforth Rivers state should be selling their oil also
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by naijadrivablog: 9:33am On Oct 12, 2020
Las las, na regional government go sure pass cheesy
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by MickzyDonald: 9:34am On Oct 12, 2020
seguno2:

Politicians like Buhari and his APC people who just blame others instead of accepting responsibility for their actions?
Why is Buhari so irresponsible? How can we make him responsible for his actions and work?
Shhhh Bro come closer...let me whisper this into your ears...The best option is to erase them all,by eliminating them one by one

Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by muykem: 9:34am On Oct 12, 2020
Why is Wike shivering like coward?

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Born2Breed(f): 9:35am On Oct 12, 2020
Even if he said so what's bad?

Why will a state governor present mined gold to the President and state categorically that they are selling to CBN.

That's the job of minister of solid minerals and mining.
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Oracleforce: 9:36am On Oct 12, 2020
telkevog:
Wike, even if you say it, you would be right! Or is it not a Natural Mineral Resource just like oil? Abi they wan claim say them de cultivate Gold like groundnut and other farm produce?

Gradually, we are getting there....the truth is hot to be told even here on nairaland platform....some moderator will ban me if I go further, lemme keep my mouth mute
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by BIEBER45: 9:37am On Oct 12, 2020
Guy's am in need of a verified PayPal account.
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Ecosystem4u: 9:37am On Oct 12, 2020
Bulshit so Zamfara should own their gold while South oil will be collectively owned. I dont pity so called south south at all. The betrayal started from Sarowiwa in the build up to Biafra civil war he rushed to Gowon in Lagos fearing domination by Biafra and declared allegience to Nigeria. What did he get, 'hang man'. Enjoy your slavery

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by selemempe: 9:39am On Oct 12, 2020
Miracle2020:
you are not a politician you won't understand.
Mama piss made that same mistake and she paid dearly for it.
the south produces the weakest politicians because yorubas tip the scales always in favour of the north.
Any time yoruba stands with the rest of the south, the north always loses. But it's well. Yorubas are the cross the south has to bear.
I have heard Hausa politicians speak worst and still become president cc Buhari
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Royalfurnitures: 9:40am On Oct 12, 2020
Even if he said so,he's right,since Zamfara can control their resources,other states should control theirs too. Equity!

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by CyberHustle: 9:42am On Oct 12, 2020
I hope crude hits $10 a barrel. It will speed up the conversation the northern part of Nigeria has been avoiding for decades.
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by wink2015(m): 9:42am On Oct 12, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike has denied making any statement that Rivers state can also manage its oil like the case of the gold in Zamfara.

A statement by Paulinus Nsirim, the Commissioner for Information reads " The attention of the Rivers State Government has been drawn to a completely false and misleading story circulating in the Social Media, that Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State made some remarks in connection with a report that the Central Bank of Nigeria will purchase N 5billion worth of Gold from the Zamfara State Government".

"The purveyors of this barefaced fallacy suggested in their warped story, that Governor Wike was unhappy with the decision of the CBN to buy Gold from Zamfara State" .

"They claimed that Governor Wike who lamented that the same privileged attention has not been given to the oil from Rivers State, demanded that Gold should be made a national cake, adding that he too would proceed to own a gold well in Zamfara State".

Let us state here categorically that Governor Wike never made such a statement. Infact, we note with a sense of relief, that no major, mainstream News media or Press Organization, either print, electronic or online, attached to Government House, Port Harcourt, carried this concocted story.

So it is a wonder where the mushroom, less than credible social media outlets got the comments, which they claimed Governor Wike made "while addressing the Press."

It has indeed become the ugly penchant in recent times, of some cynical and dubious detractors, to drop or insert Governor Wike's name in their calculated crusade to ignite unprovoked conflict with the hidden ploy to disrupt the recently emerging warm cordiality which has defined the relationship between him and some leaders across geopolitical divides in the country.

These naysayers have also commenced a devious gambit to insidiously tarnish the overwhelming goodwill which the burgeoning image and reputation of Governor Wike has been enjoying across the country and this latest story is simply the latest installment of their failed efforts.

Those familiar with Governor Wike will know that he does not need to resort to such churlish and petty grandstanding portrayed in the silly story, to speak up on any matter whatsoever.

"The write up is thus just another figment of the convoluted imagination of its authors. They goofed big time on this one".

"Nigerians are therefore advised to completely disregard the story, especially now that the Federal Government, the CBN and the Zamfara State Government have all come out to speak clearly on the matter and set the records straight".

https://www.independent.ng/zamfara-gold-i-never-said-fg-should-hands-off-rivers-oil-wike/

States should control their resources and pay taxes to the federal government.

Enough of this sharing of the resources of the Niger delta region.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by patrickmuf(m): 9:49am On Oct 12, 2020
This Zamfara gold issue is something that should be subject of a national debate.

You sell South South Oil and share the money to every state but Zamfara gets to keep proceeds of gold sales, why?

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Miracle2020: 9:56am On Oct 12, 2020
selemempe:
the south produces the weakest politicians because yorubas tip the scales always in favour of the north.
Any time yoruba stands with the rest of the south, the north always loses. But it's well. Yorubas are the cross the south has to bear.
I have heard Hausa politicians speak worst and still become president cc Buhari
I hope you are not playing with the population of the north. Pls remove the Yoruba votes from the 2019 result of Buhari and see if he could have lost without Yoruba votes.
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by EdiskyHarry: 9:59am On Oct 12, 2020
I wish wike came out boldly to say this bitter truth,
When it has to do with crude oil in Niger delta, that one is for the whole country, while mineral resources in the North is meant for them alone.
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by bolaayenimo: 10:01am On Oct 12, 2020
Are u sure Saro Wiwa did that?

Ecosystem4u:
Bulshit so Zamfara should own their gold while South oil will be collectively owned. I dont pity so called south south at all. The betrayal started from Sarowiwa in the build up to Biafra civil war he rushed to Gowon in Lagos fearing domination by Biafra and declared allegience to Nigeria. What did he get, 'hang man'. Enjoy your slavery
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by mamaafrik(m): 10:01am On Oct 12, 2020
Miracle2020:
you are not a politician you won't understand.
Mama piss made that same mistake and she paid dearly for it.
if don't know what to say just seal up,i want to understand that is why i asked you to explain
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Omezif(m): 10:02am On Oct 12, 2020
It's false and misleading wike was ignorant of the statement.
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Nchenches: 10:06am On Oct 12, 2020
Ha ha ha. Quick denial.

Every governor from the South is looking forward to becoming president of Nigeria. They play Nigeria nationalists - much more than their northern counterparts.
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Princedapace(m): 10:06am On Oct 12, 2020
Rhapsodia:
Okay cheesy

But the purported press release is intelligent na

The Gold should obviously be made a National cake..... there is nothing to argue there...it is obviously a natural resource...which should be controlled by the FG....

If we start exploring the bitumen of ondo state...won't the federal govt take control...?!

Ahbi na we southerners Mumu pass

Southern politicians are foolish. Now, this is one protest I will come out in full and participate. Northern Nigeria is milking us dry. It doesnt end here o. Even in area of tax, southerners pay more tax than Northerners. The extremely poor people are located in the north. So, the rate of tax compliances come from the southern Nigerians more. U dont know how we work to pay the bills of the powerful northerners.

But I am very sure that time will come when all these will end. If we dont, our next generation will do it. I am very sure, the time is coming close. Our southern politicians are so scared of northern politicians becus the southern politicians all want to be presidents.

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Ecosystem4u: 10:09am On Oct 12, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Are u sure Saro Wiwa did that?

Check your history books. He sold out and got messed up later.
Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Ecosystem4u: 10:12am On Oct 12, 2020
I suport COMPLETE RESOURCE CONTROL and REGIONALIZATION. Restructure the country now.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Nchenches: 10:19am On Oct 12, 2020
patrickmuf:
This Zamfara gold issue is something that should be subject of a national debate.

You sell South South Oil and share the money to every state but Zamfara gets to keep proceeds of gold sales, why?

Why? Because elders of SS gave out the crude oil to north in 1967, when some elders from the SS went to Kaduna and begged then Northern region governor, Hassan Katsina, to beg the then HoS Gowon to carve non Igbo areas of the old eastern region out from Biafra.

Gowon quickly agreed and carved Cross River and Rivers states out of Biafra. That contributed a lot to loss of Biafra as a sovereign state.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike by Nchenches: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2020
Nigeria government has to buy gold in the north.

12 Northern states unilaterally adopted unconstitutional Islamic Sharia criminal justice system.

Why can’t crude oil in the south be made property and Religion of the areas of the south where crude oil is found?

Why do southerners consider themselves as equal citizens of Nigeria with the northerners?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alleged Organ Harvesting: Ekweremadu Returns To Court After 42 Days In Detention / We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima / Mace Theft: Don't Arrest Senator Agege - Court Tells Police, DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.