Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,233 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months (26819 Views)

No Decision Yet On Two-month Free Electricity – FG / Minimum Wage: Details Of New Adjustment Formula Agreed By FG, Labour / PDP Senator Calls For 2019 Budget Increase By N10 Trillion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Gaddafiyusf(m): 6:36am On Oct 12, 2020
olaniyiYAH:

The issue is that in your community Ikedc may decide they want to generate#100,000 all house that has meter they will deduct the money they used from #100,000 and share remaining one equally to those houses that don't have meter( in your own case you have some accumulated bills you didn't clear) on the issue of meter 2 things involved is either you pay to wrong hand or you are using wooden pole in front of your house

I don't have accumulated Bill. I always overpaid my bills. I have credit on the account. My current charge is 49k. Amount due for pay is 24k. How's that accumulated Bill. I dey vex this morning

1 Like

Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 12, 2020
The most useless compromised NLC leadership ever.

1 Like

Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by AuwalYusuf812(m): 6:38am On Oct 12, 2020
sapientia:
Whicb labour?

We get labour union for Naija?
well said bro
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Gaddafiyusf(m): 6:39am On Oct 12, 2020
Preator:

Why will you be paying 26k for 3bedroom? Thats daylight robbery. It obvious you get money sha.
Oga please go and register for MAP and get a prepaid meter. You can give the money you save to those who really need it if you want to.

I've complained about that but they won't listen. I've paid for prepaid. To deliver na wahala.
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by AuwalYusuf812(m): 6:41am On Oct 12, 2020
And NLC agree with this nonsense
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Preator: 6:44am On Oct 12, 2020
Gaddafiyusf:

I've complained about that but they won't listen. I've paid for prepaid. To deliver na wahala.
Please call them to complain, they will give you stories, just ask for your complaint ticket number. Tell them you prefer the one generated from your previous complaint on the matter, if one was generated. Tell them you need it for the NERC forum complaint.
If you are been estimated, you can even get a refund if you wan fight o
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Gaddafiyusf(m): 6:44am On Oct 12, 2020
Preator:

Why will you be paying 26k for 3bedroom? Thats daylight robbery. It obvious you get money sha.
Oga please go and register for MAP and get a prepaid meter. You can give the money you save to those who really need it if you want to.

Edit
You are classified as non-md yet you "consumed" 852 units. That shows you have AC and borehole in your house. Except you are running a commercial operation in that building, you are being estimated. Why was there no LAR(last actual read date)
If you are been estimated, please fight o. This is more than daylight robbery unless you have a commercial operation there.

Thanks. Please how do I get the fight to start. I'm really pissed
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Preator: 6:47am On Oct 12, 2020
Gaddafiyusf:

Thanks. Please how do I get the fight to start. I'm really pissed

Do you have a commercial operation in the building?

Do you have AC and borehole?

And key question, do you have a meter currently and is it being read?( didnt see a LAR date)
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Gaddafiyusf(m): 6:47am On Oct 12, 2020
Preator:

Please call them to complain, they will give you stories, just ask for your complaint ticket number. Tell them you prefer the one generated from your previous complaint on the matter, if one was generated. Tell them you need it for the NERC forum complaint.
If you are been estimated, you can even get a refund if you wan fight o

Thanks so much. These people have been repeatedly charging me 26k and above since 2018.
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Gaddafiyusf(m): 6:50am On Oct 12, 2020
Preator:

Do you have a commercial operation in the building?

Do you have AC and borehole?

And key question, do you have a meter currently and is it being read?( didnt see a LAR date)

This is a one storey building. All the three flats have prepaid meters. But I parked in late. So my flat was not metered. It's in residential area. I'll take it up through nerc

I have ac. General borehole
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by mikeayus(m): 6:51am On Oct 12, 2020
Thanks for this info...please I have just been added to MAP, I have my ARN too but havemt heard anything from them. What/who are mojec meters? I really need to get this prepaid meter asap. Thanks man

Abubanty:

I got 41k , me that my highest is 25k. Anyway I have gotten my meter. Applied august ending got it October beginning.

Send a mail to mojec meters copying ikedc customer care. State your ARN in the mail, they responded to my mails
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by battymann: 6:52am On Oct 12, 2020
#ENDNLC

We need to get NLC out of the way and take matters into our own hands.
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Cantonese: 6:53am On Oct 12, 2020
How much will that translate to per Kwh? How much Kwh can 10,000 purchase for me? They will speedily adjust to the new rate today.
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by ikorodureporta: 6:53am On Oct 12, 2020
orgylover:
u dey talk like say no be naija both of us dey. i live in ikoyi, we have not switched on gen for close to 3 years now. light is constant for almost 23hours without a blink, but the bill is like person wey dey live abroad. now tell me, all of u with estimated meter screaming for stead light, will u be able to pay close to 40k per month per house? if they give u light steady? i have my cousin that stay in ikeja. he used prepaid meter, when bill come na complain he dey complain. because of that he moved to where he will use estimated and the light there was not constant. bottomline of this is, if nigerians want 24 hour power supply, we should be ready to pay like europe and from my analysis, naija is not ready for that yet. how much is minimum wage? how much does the average nigerian earn monthly? there are somethings that we should just take without complaining. naija is not ripe for steady light. the citizens cant afford it

Uv not made any point.
With a meter, I can decide on what I use.
There won't be any form of imposition of power & tariff

2 Likes

Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by RepentOperish: 6:58am On Oct 12, 2020
What happens after the 3months? Very useless set of people negotiating here. God himself will deal with you. For inflicting hardship on Nigerians, you will not end well except you repent.
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Brushstrokes20: 6:59am On Oct 12, 2020
Bullcrap! This doomed contraption is long overdue for DISINTEGRATION or a red revolt!

Enough of nonsense!
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by gudia3933: 7:01am On Oct 12, 2020
:Whicb labour?We get labour bargaining for Naija?well said bro
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by blacknp(m): 7:09am On Oct 12, 2020
RepentOperish:
What happens after the 3months? Very useless set of people negotiating here. God himself will deal with you. For inflicting hardship on Nigerians, you will not end well except you repent.
Tariffs increases whether you like it, or not.
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by obienroute: 7:09am On Oct 12, 2020
This is pure scam. PHED have not reversed to the previous billing ever since labour suspended the strike. I get 90 units for 5000 as against 157 units charged previously. Who's fooling who?
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by soft101: 7:10am On Oct 12, 2020
Who will confirm how many meters distributed? To ensure the 6 million distribution.
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Def0123(m): 7:13am On Oct 12, 2020
You mean NLC will cash out again in the next 3 months!
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by nedekid: 7:16am On Oct 12, 2020
Gaddafiyusf:
Lies. Here is my New Bill

/ 0101319054
Your Bill for SEP 2020:

Tariff:A-Non MD
Rate:53.87
READ CODEcheesy
LAR:
PAR:
Consumption: 852.00
Curr.Charges: N49,339.53
Previous Balance: N26,692.82
Payment:N48,300.00
Adjustment:N-2,937.29
Amt Due: N24,795.06
Due Date: 18 Oct 2020.
For enquires call 017000250
Detail: eservices.ikejaelectric.com/billing/

That's my bill for just three bedroom. I used to pay 26 for like 3 three years now. I just received this bill today. I've paid for prepaid. For them to bring it na wahala
Oga if you have paid, and they have not brought it, what did you do?
Do you know by law you must have your meter installed within 10 days of payment?.
I had the same issue wherein 10 days reached. I wrote ikedc quoting the relevant law and penalty to them. That very 10th day meter was brought to my premises and installed! While writing them I also copied NERC.
Try it now, write customercare@ikejaelectric.com, cc NERC. Inform them of the date you paid and the current day in reference to the 10 days window and see if wonders wount happen.
I cannot remember the penalty but it's really harsh on them.
Do you have outstanding bills? If you do write here and I will tell you what to do on this page to get it wiped out or reduced after getting the prepaid meter.

1 Like

Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Preator: 7:17am On Oct 12, 2020
Gaddafiyusf:

This is a one storey building. All the three flats have prepaid meters. But I parked in late. So my flat was not metered. It's in residential area. I'll take it up through nerc

I have ac. General borehole

Thats good. And i am sure they will have more or less the same facilities you use. So they should use their consumption to estimate yours or come do a load assessment(thats what they did for me) for your premises.

Complain about both your over estimation and your prepaid meter. You have a right to fair billing
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Lifegoeson4all: 7:17am On Oct 12, 2020
If I could only turn back the hand of time to the lives of Adams Oshiomhole as a labour chairman
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Gval123: 7:18am On Oct 12, 2020
Only in Nigeria, u go build house, pay for meter, NEPA go refuse to give u meter and at the end of the month, give u estimated bill of 75,000 Naira. Abeg e. Even the buhari sef nor know watin him day do sef
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Preator: 7:19am On Oct 12, 2020
nedekid:

Oga if you have paid, and they have not brought it, what did you do?
Do you know by law you must have your meter installed within 10 days of payment?.
I had the same issue wherein 10 days reached. I wrote ikedc quoting the relevant law and penalty to them. That very 10th day meter was brought to my premises and installed! While writing them I also copied NERC.
Try it now, write customercare@ikejaelectric.com, cc NERC. Inform them of the date you paid and the current day in reference to the 10 days window and see if wonders wount happen.
I cannot remember the penalty but it's really harsh on them.
Do you have outstanding bills? If you do write here and I will tell you what to do on this page to get it wiped out or reduced after getting the prepaid meter.

Nice advice. ikejaforum@nerc.gov.ng

1 Like

Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by porthouse7(f): 7:19am On Oct 12, 2020
Nackzy:
This Governments is a Disgrace
Imagine that part that Says Distribution of 6 Million Meters to 200 Million Nigerians, Can Someone help me quantify this please, i can't still wrap my head around it
Na 200 million house dey Nigeria?
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by dearie(m): 7:24am On Oct 12, 2020
Gaddafiyusf:

It's residential. I'll go to their office.

Don't wanna discourage you, but I stay in a 3 bed flat too and was getting 1,104 units monthly on my estimated bills. I just got my prepaid last month after I paid for it in June.

My advise is for you to intensify your effort on getting the prepaid meter.
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by Drversatile: 7:28am On Oct 12, 2020
Do you have production factory in your 3 bedroom apartment? There is no way you will use 852 unit in one month, this is more than robbery. Report to NERC and ask them to give you meter. You shouldn't use more than 300 units even with pumping machine and air conditioners. quote author=Gaddafiyusf post=94850059]Lies. Here is my New Bill

/ 0101319054
Your Bill for SEP 2020:

Tariff:A-Non MD
Rate:53.87
READ CODEcheesy
LAR:
PAR:
Consumption: 852.00
Curr.Charges: N49,339.53
Previous Balance: N26,692.82
Payment:N48,300.00
Adjustment:N-2,937.29
Amt Due: N24,795.06
Due Date: 18 Oct 2020.
For enquires call 017000250
Detail: eservices.ikejaelectric.com/billing/

That's my bill for just three bedroom. I used to pay 26 for like 3 three years now. I just received this bill today. I've paid for prepaid. For them to bring it na wahala[/quote]
Re: Electricity: FG, Labour Agree To Cut Price By N10.20 Per Kwh, For 3 Months by hush15: 7:34am On Oct 12, 2020
mamaafrik:
i fear that those metera will be horded,i for say it should be given to commercial Banks or Jumia but if we can't effectively distribute insecticide treated net without hording it then what will now happen to meters,who has an effective suggestions on how F.g can do the distribution

Its only in Nigeria that we pay for tools that help companies to provide service and profits from the business. Meter is a metric tool for the distribution companies to evaluate what is being consumed. They profit from the use of this tool. Its their job to provide it. If we don't pay for it, then there is no need to hoard it. Same with transformers and distribution lines. That's why they are call distribution company for pete's sake

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Revolution Has Started' - Aisha Yesufu On Looting Of Truck Carrying Food Items I / Odubu Flying Higher Photoshop / The Tragedy Of The Abba Kyari Surrogate Presidency By Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.