Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU (21038 Views)

ASUU-UNILAG Sanctions 240 Lectures For Enrolling On IPPIS (Full List) / Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU / IPPIS: ASUU Asks FG Why Staff Of CBN, NDIC, FIRS Are Not On The Payment System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Ramsey19: 6:38am On Oct 12, 2020
The Academic Staff Union of Universities has described the directive stopping the salaries of university employees , who have not enrolled on the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System, as blackmail to weaken workers and make them enroll on the platform .

The Chairman of the University of Port Harcourt Branch of ASUU , Dr Austen Sado , who spoke on Sunday , explained that though some of his colleagues had not been paid salaries since February , the union would not be cowed into enrolling on IPPIS .

Sado , who spoke on the telephone , said , “ It ( directive to stop salaries ) clearly shows that there is something the Federal Government is not telling the people. They are not paying us ( some lecturers) . So, why are they saying by November ?

“What they are doing now is just blackmail and threat to see how they would weaken our members to go and enroll ( on IPPIS ) . People who have not enrolled are not being paid ; some people for eight months , some for three , going to four months . I have not been paid salary since July , while some people have not been paid since February.

“They have not paid us because of IPPIS . A few of the people that registered with IPPIS are being paid . But when they pay them , they don ’t even get the full complement of their salaries; some of them claim that they get like N 50 , 000 , N 60 , 000 , and we are talking about senior lecturers and above.

“A professor told me that what he is getting is N 100, 000 ( as monthly salary ) and yet they want to put more people into that . But we have resolved that we will not succumb to this blackmail.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/fg-blackmailing-varsity-workers-into-enrolling-on-ippis-ASUU/%3famp=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Next0: 6:48am On Oct 12, 2020
This is no longer funny
I stand with ASUU

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Victor20206: 6:50am On Oct 12, 2020
ok we hear u sir.... just wait for our protect first thing tomorrow morning, we can't wait for two the elephants to finish our career.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by mamotalk: 6:53am On Oct 12, 2020
and this man is talking on behalf of ASUU? many wonders in my dear country

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by mamotalk: 6:54am On Oct 12, 2020
Next0:
This is no longer funny I stand with ASUU
you better look well

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Freestainworld(m): 7:24am On Oct 12, 2020
The professor who said they are earning only 100k should show us the evidence, let's see between ASUU and federal government who's is lying.

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Next0: 7:29am On Oct 12, 2020
mamotalk:

you better look well
Do you know what it means to be a teacher and still be underpaid
If these lecturers are not wellpaid, who do you think will suffer the effect? Government or the students
I think you're the one to look well!

18 Likes

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by AIlahuAkbar: 7:31am On Oct 12, 2020
[s]
Next0:

If these lecturers are not wellpaid, who do you think will suffer the effect? Government or the students
[/s]shut the hell up and go sit down

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Next0: 7:39am On Oct 12, 2020
AIlahuAkbar:
[s][/s]shut the hell up and go sit down
Aboki and their backward reasoning!
People that value cows than human, what then is education
Don't quote me again if you don't have something reasonable to say

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by mamotalk: 7:42am On Oct 12, 2020
Next0:

bro calm down!

first, are you a lecturer?
if yes, I will reply you.

and if no, please leave ASUU alone.

the issue at hand is not complaint about being underpaid, so please don't stand with ASUU o.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Juanmike(m): 7:54am On Oct 12, 2020
If lecturing job no dey pay again, go find another work.betterstill go learn work.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:54am On Oct 12, 2020
JOIN IPPIS or forfeit your salaries.
Enough of Ghost workers in Nigeria.
Enough of monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop.
Corruption has become a normal way of life to them....professorsfor that matter.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:54am On Oct 12, 2020
Hw I wish we could protest for hunger, fuel hike, killing by bokoharam/herdmen,rape the way we protested for ds #ENDSARS#
So our FG is not that stubborn na we never push Dem to the wall.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by simhosting: 7:54am On Oct 12, 2020
My country
My country

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by moscobabs(m): 7:54am On Oct 12, 2020
grin
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Lordfranklin(m): 7:55am On Oct 12, 2020
This government doesn't seem to give a f*ck about ASUU and their endless whinings.

9 Likes

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Jossyroyal1: 7:55am On Oct 12, 2020
embarassed

I wasted a total of 9 months due to ASUU continuous demands and request.

More reasons why Nigerians students are moving to Ghana. What is the problem exactly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by DropsMic(m): 7:55am On Oct 12, 2020
Hmmm
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:55am On Oct 12, 2020
mamotalk:

bro calm down!

first, are you a lecturer?
if yes, I will reply you.

and if no, please leave ASUU alone.

the issue at hand is not complaint about being underpaid, so please don't stand with ASUU o.
He should leave ASUU alone?
And you are one of the citizens shouting for a new Nigeria, isn't it?
What a shame.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by samsard(m): 7:55am On Oct 12, 2020
I stand with FG.

2 Likes

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by vick00(m): 7:55am On Oct 12, 2020
abi e no wan better for fg ni? make we kuku start EndASUU.
who is with me?

6 Likes

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by sapientia(m): 7:56am On Oct 12, 2020
This is nothing but the systematic killing of our educational system by the government

It has been ongoing since the 90s

5 Likes

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 7:56am On Oct 12, 2020
Massive respect to FG for not caving. Since ASSU is bent on wasting my time, they won't also get what they want.

ASUU is just used to having their way but snizu doesn't give a f*ck. IPPIS is just to prevent ghost workers which would save this country lots of buck in the long run but ASUU is more interested in the allowance not covered by the system; also the fact that it makes it impossible for them to teach multiple institutions therefore collecting salaries instead of salary. Awon Ole

The inability of these so called adults and literates to Reason like men rather than throw shades is really disheartening. Agba ko Kogbon

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by PremzY002(m): 7:56am On Oct 12, 2020
I stand with ASUU

but I'd suggest they consider students and reopen out of pity.

The Nigerian government has no regards for education.

To our darling president, it's a haram (abomination) just like Boko Haram.

That's why the recently budgeted over 300 million naira for 'fighting hate speech'

Over 600 million naira for 'fighting fake radio signal'

Over 500 million (daily) for school feeding programme even though schools were shut down because of COVID-19

Billions for upgrading NTA to CNN standard.

Billions for RUGA (fulani settlement in all states)

But when you speak of education, they look the other way but speak as if they are working on a solution.

P.S

before u quote me wrongly or gv phone calls, just know that

1. ) I love my country Nigeria
2. ) I love our president
3. ) I have no hate for anyone

12 Likes

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by DropsMic(m): 7:56am On Oct 12, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
JOIN IPPIS or forfeit your salaries. Enough of Ghost workers in Nigeria. Enougj of monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop. Corruption has become a normal way of life to them.

There are ghost workers in IPPIS system too.

12 Likes

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by bigdammyj: 7:56am On Oct 12, 2020
Noted
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by eedriyz(m): 7:56am On Oct 12, 2020
Your employer can choose any method to disburse your salary payments. As long as it end up in your account

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by visijo(m): 7:57am On Oct 12, 2020
kiss the battle line has been drawn, let's see who will succumb Las las...
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:57am On Oct 12, 2020
Yy
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 12, 2020
Okay
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by fdigital(m): 7:57am On Oct 12, 2020
But why is ASUU and lecturers afraid of transparency

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Risentouch(m): 7:57am On Oct 12, 2020
Let them just scrap off this ASUU

12 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Caleb University Calls Police On Students Protesting, Many Injured / 50 Nigerian Students Sponsored By Aregbesola Graduate As Doctors In Ukraine(pics / Rejection Letter From Harvard University To An Intending Student (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.