Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU (21022 Views)

ASUU-UNILAG Sanctions 240 Lectures For Enrolling On IPPIS (Full List) / Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU / IPPIS: ASUU Asks FG Why Staff Of CBN, NDIC, FIRS Are Not On The Payment System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by shadeyinka(m): 9:10am On Oct 12, 2020
Puloc:

I agree with u but do u agree with me that the strike is not in the interests or advantage of the Nigerian students too?
Pls join and trend #EndASUUstrikeNow.
Of course the strike is not in the interest of the Nigerian student however the only language the FG understand is FORCE with collateral damages. For NMA, people die in the hospital for ASUU, students stay at home to the headache of the government (unfortunately students stay stagnant for as little my as the strike is on).

Have you ever asked why other agencies of the Government cannot go on any effective strike?

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 9:11am On Oct 12, 2020
The reason is simple, ASUU was beginning to taut those sister organizations because they thought they were achieving a victory and those ones were beginning to look foolish for complying. With this strong stands from FG, you can be sure the warning strike will fizzle out the same way it started.

No where do you tell your employer how he should pay you. Moreover, government did not employ ASUU, they employed each lecturer as an individual, ASUU is just an association, a trade union, previous negotiations with them was a mistake. FG will deal with each employer as an individual not as ASUU or ASUN.
classicfrank4u:

Did you read the write up at all? Have you asked yourself why all those that registered with ippis initially (NASU and co) joined ASUU in the strike?

Sarita01:

I don't think the fg is completely honest with us,if ippis is transparent,why are nasu and ssanu on strike,cos both nasu and ssanu claim the payroll system ain't transparent.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 9:12am On Oct 12, 2020
Every ASUU chairman wants to be remembered for having the longest strike and not for any innovation. What a shame.
If you guys want to be a pressure group, then join #endsars
shadeyinka:

Of course the strike is not in the interest of the Nigerian student however the only language the FG understand is FORCE with collateral damages. For NMA, people die in the hospital for ASUU, students stay at home to the headache of the government (unfortunately students stay stagnant for as little my as the strike is on).

Have you ever asked why other agencies of the Government cannot go on any effective strike?
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Justkatty(f): 9:12am On Oct 12, 2020
Introducing what the govt won't take funny if they were the ones that was given such conditions....hmmm is quite unfortunate that I happen to come from a country, that our educational system is the least they look up to. Government officials handling more than one offices, earning times ten of the people in the educational system. How can a President be a petroleum minister�, and he is also earning as a former head of state hmmmm. Now lecturers are been asked to focus on just a particular school just for them to be earning one place, why tell them to put their eggs in one basket? Nigeria my dear country.....Any lecturer that teaches in more than one school, oyo is your case, because your govt wont pay you.

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 9:14am On Oct 12, 2020
How is that the business of ASUU, it is like secondary school teachers asking why is it only lecturers that go on sabbatical leave. If you want to also go on sabbatical leave, go and get a lecturing job, if you want to be a staff of NNPC and FIRS, go and apply but no worker can tell am employer how he should disburse his money especially when your own idea is not transparent.
shadeyinka:

You claim IPPIS is to cure them of corruption. Why is it not the same treatment of NNPC and FIRS?

Food for thought!
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by ninjalove(m): 9:14am On Oct 12, 2020
[The students will suffer with the little salary structure ippis offer.]

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by bigiyaro(m): 9:15am On Oct 12, 2020
Wetin dey inside the IPPS wet dey fear ASUU
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by ninjalove(m): 9:17am On Oct 12, 2020
The End of Nigerian Universities � Federal has destroyed the University system.

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Next0: 9:17am On Oct 12, 2020
michoim:

You don't want to talk of those things that justify the government yet you are passing judgement. Are you not unjust by so doing?
I don't want to talk about it because it is not my duty and talking about it here won't change anything but FG should be blamed for the failed Education system in Nigeria, they are never truthful

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Dankey(m): 9:19am On Oct 12, 2020
It’s no longer funny #EndASUUstrikenow

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by classicfrank4u(m): 9:22am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:
The reason is simple, ASUU was beginning to taut those sister organizations because they thought they were achieving a victory and those ones were beginning to look foolish for complying. With this strong stands from FG, you can be sure the warning strike will fizzle out the same way it started.

No where do you tell your employer how he should pay you. Moreover, government did not employ ASUU, they employed each lecturer as an individual, ASUU is just an association, a trade union, previous negotiations with them was a mistake. FG will deal with each employer as an individual not as ASUU or ASUN.

Look foolish for complying how? If the system is as good as what the government said wouldn't ASUU be the ones looking foolish for not Joining the ippis? It is very obvious the government is not being sincere with that ippis stop trying to defend them

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by AnanseK(m): 9:23am On Oct 12, 2020
shadeyinka:

The problem of technological backwardness of Nigeria is NOT the Tertiary institutions: It is the FG.

The lecturers were employed to
1. Teach: and they have been doing that
2. Do research: and they also have been doing that by the number of publications they have

The job of the FG is to DIRECT the lecturers towards an area of INTEREST to the nation.
The Job of the FG is to HARNESS the human potential of the academia to develop the nation.
The Job of the FG is to FACILITATE the private sector to grow and absorb knowledge from the academia.

In these three, I can show you that the FG has thoroughly FAILED!

One of the major areas of the NATION’s INTEREST is transparency in your earnings and in your taxes and the reduction of official and other forms of corruption. That is what IPPS is all about and the lecturers know that. Their greed and corruption cannot be for the benefit of Nigeria.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by AmeLonRo(m): 9:25am On Oct 12, 2020
MT:
Don't be fooled. ASUU is using students as smokescreen. They are simply appealing to the emotional side of parents and students. They are quite corrupt. Do you realize that apart from collecting salaries in multiple places, they have not been paying commensurate taxes over the years. In a saner clime, they will be forced to pay into FG coffers all the outstanding taxes they have evaded. ASUU is fighting for their selfish interest!!Not only should SARS be ended, #EndASUU should also be trending.
is the tax paid after ASUU members receive salaries or the tax is paid before they get their salaries? Who is in charge of the tax deductions? Do ASUU members work in the bursaries or account sections of universities? Does ASUU employ or are they human resources officers? Read between the lines.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by sonofthunder: 9:25am On Oct 12, 2020
Freestainworld:
The professor who said they are earning only 100k should show us the evidence, let's see between ASUU and federal government who's is lying.

He is not lying. I have met/discussed wirh many lecturers first hand on this issue. In fact most of those earning those paltry sums are those that betrayed ASUU and it has been going on for months but the shame from betraying ASUU has left their mouth shut.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by shadeyinka(m): 9:25am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:
How is that the business of ASUU, it is like secondary school teachers asking why is it only lecturers that go on sabbatical leave. If you want to also go on sabbatical leave, go and get a lecturing job, if you want to be a staff of NNPC and FIRS, go and apply but no worker can tell am employer how he should disburse his money especially when your own idea is not transparent.
We know that to become a lecturer to a large extent is by merit. You are required to have a higher degree and show evidence of research publications.

Can you please tell us by showing us any advert placement by NNPC or FIRS or CBN requirements for entry into its cadres?

We know the the main criteria is to know someone high up in the government.

When last was there an advert placements for these institutions?

By the way, we the people of Nigeria owns the money not whoever is manning the government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2020
FG says all agencies that gets paid by them will use IPPIS, they started with other agencies, no noise, one step at a time then when it gets to ASUU,, the rest of us who didnot even know what IPPIS means now started hearing about it. Banks, companies have their own financial system of making payment to reduce loopholes, FG says they are using IPPIs, ASU(N) says no, then they should go and pay themselves.

Since ASUU is ready for war, the next phase will be to probe all those who have become professors to show what contributions they have made in their fields to warrant being called professors. I hope those with nothing to show other than those low quality plagiarized papers will be stripped of their status.
classicfrank4u:

Look foolish for complying how? If the system is as good as what the government said wouldn't ASUU be the ones looking foolish for not Joining the ippis? It is very obvious the government is not being sincere with that ippis stop trying to defend them
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by sonofthunder: 9:26am On Oct 12, 2020
Next0:

Do you know what it means to be a teacher and still be underpaid
If these lecturers are not wellpaid, who do you think will suffer the effect? Government or the students
I think you're the one to look well!

Why are you dignifying ignorant people?
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by sonofthunder: 9:27am On Oct 12, 2020
mamotalk:

bro calm down!

first, are you a lecturer?
if yes, I will reply you.

and if no, please leave ASUU alone.

the issue at hand is not complaint about being underpaid, so please don't stand with ASUU o.

So what is the issue at hand if I may ask?
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 9:28am On Oct 12, 2020
I was once invited to CBN test many years ago.... The same way you have not seen those job applications is the same I rarely see applications to work in the university...
shadeyinka:

We know that to become a lecturer to a large extent is by merit. You are required to have a higher degree and show evidence of research publications.

Can you please tell us by showing us any advert placement by NNPC or FIRS or CBN requirements for entry into its cadres?

We know the the main criteria is to know someone high up in the government.

When last was there an advert placements for these institutions?

By the way, we the people of Nigeria owns the money not whoever is manning the government
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 9:30am On Oct 12, 2020
Professor 100k? This lie de smell.... The persons you met first hand are graduate assistants or research assistants that earn a little above 100k not professors abeg.
sonofthunder:

He is not lying. I have met/discussed wirh many lecturers first hand on this issue. In fact most of those earning those paltry sums are those that betrayed ASUU and it has been going on for months but the shame from betraying ASUU has left their mouth shut.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by shadeyinka(m): 9:31am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:
Every ASUU chairman wants to be remembered for having the longest strike and not for any innovation. What a shame.
If you guys want to be a pressure group, then join #endsars
ASUU fights by using facts and figures. The Government usually fight with brawl and force. It is the government that had always "renegaded" on their part of the bargain.

You are not an insider in this issue. The problem is not directly between ASUU and the government. The problem is between the Ministry/Civil Service and ASUU. The ministry want to reduce ASUU to their own level. ASUU is perceived as Proud and Arrogant! This is the baseline if you care for the truth!
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by shadeyinka(m): 9:33am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:
I was once invited to CBN test many years ago.... The same way you have not seen those job applications is the same I rarely see applications to work in the university...
This is not true. There is hardly a year where not less than 4 government Universities place advert in the newspaper AND on the internet.

Google is your Friend!
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by amerengues(m): 9:35am On Oct 12, 2020
Well, you really have time to educate some people online. ASUU should stop shouldering the problems of the Nigerian populace. Imagine the paltry amount received as salary. I want ASUU to fight for only the members’ welfare. Nigerian students and Parents will hear it when it is time.

When I was a student, all I cared about was graduating on time. Now the decay of the past is still there and our children are suffering from it. Students and parents have never supported ASUU. When the time comes, they will understand the fight. Within ASUU members now, the members are telling the head to back off from the agitations since the public don’t appreciate it. They will appreciate it soon by the time ASUU does not saying anything again. The little enjoyment in school today is the labor of the heroes past.

Let the decay begin

shadeyinka:

That is not the point. People working in two places at the same time is not widespread even though it happens in the Universities.

The point is that IPPIS Denys them of the opportunities of doing legal work such as Sabbatical leaves, Adjunct Lecturing and ability to invite skilled manpower from any part of the world to help the local staff.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 9:36am On Oct 12, 2020
It does not matter... REgister on IPPIS first and fight your battles later.
The mistake previous government made was negotiating with an association when each lecturer was employed as an individual. Now one of your guys was bragging that ASUU and NMA are the only group able to hold the government to ransom. Are they a pressure group or a group of workers?
shadeyinka:

ASUU fights by using facts and figures. The Government usually fight with brawl and force. It is the government that had always "renegaded" on their part of the bargain.

You are not an insider in this issue. The problem is not directly between ASUU and the government. The problem is between the Ministry/Civil Service and ASUU. The ministry want to reduce ASUU to their own level. ASUU is perceived as Proud and Arrogant! This is the baseline if you care for the truth!
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by faramade16062: 9:36am On Oct 12, 2020
The beginning of Nigerian Universities � Federal has destroyed the University mechanism.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by shadeyinka(m): 9:38am On Oct 12, 2020
AnanseK:

One of the major areas of the NATION’s INTEREST is transparency in your earnings and in your taxes and the reduction of official and other forms of corruption. That is what IPPS is all about and the lecturers know that. Their greed and corruption cannot be for the benefit of Nigeria.
I agree with you.

I don't think ASUU is saying an outright NO to IPPIS but that it should include their core areas of interest which is presently absent.

ASUU proposed an integrated payment platform that will take care of this problem but FG insists it must be IPPIS as it is or nothing.

I work in a FG research organisation and I can tell you authoritatively that we have not been able to employ staff on sabbatical or on research visits since the inception of IPPIS. To me, this is one of the things that make a university a UNIVERSITY!

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by sonofthunder: 9:38am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:
Professor 100k? This lie de smell.... The persons you met first hand are graduate assistants or research assistants that earn a little above 100k not professors abeg.

Continue to blow grammar...... Professors, senior lecturers, lecturer 1/2, even none teaching staffs. I repeat, most of them that betrayed ASUU are weeping secretly and praying for ASUU to have their way. You don't judge a matter from one persons mouth as most times, there are often three sides to a story.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 9:38am On Oct 12, 2020
It is possible they place ads, since I am not looking out for it, I will not see it, the point I wanted to make is that, it is also possible that CBN and FIRS also put out ads, but if you are not looking out for them, you could also miss it.

I remember being invited for CBN test many years ago, this I know as much. I believe they tend to take their staffs from bank staffs now a days
shadeyinka:

This is not true. There is hardly a year where not less than 4 government Universities place advert in the newspaper AND on the internet.

Google is your Friend!
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by sonofthunder: 9:40am On Oct 12, 2020
shadeyinka:

I agree with you.

I don't think ASUU is saying an outright NO to IPPIS but that it should include their core areas of interest which is presently absent.

ASUU proposed an integrated payment platform that will take care of this problem but FG insists it must be IPPIS as it is or nothing.

I work in a FG research organisation and I can tell you authoritatively that we have not been able to employ staff on sabbatical or on research visits since the inception of IPPIS. To me, this is one of the things that make a university a UNIVERSITY!

Spot on boss. Most people just judge an issue without even understanding what is going on.

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by shadeyinka(m): 9:40am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:
It is possible they place ads, since I am not looking out for it, I will not see it, the point I wanted to make is that, it is also possible that CBN and FIRS also put out ads, but if you are not looking out for them, you could also miss it.

I remember being invited for CBN test many years ago, this I know as much. I believe they tend to take their staffs from bank staffs now a days
Just check Google and I can tell you that you will NOT find advert for employment into these three organisations. It's a closed circuit!
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 9:41am On Oct 12, 2020
If una non like the job, start a business na. Shey u guys are good researchers?
Once you hear of ASUU in the news, it is for strike, never for any new innovation, never for international awards, only for strike.
sonofthunder:

Continue to blow grammar...... Professors, senior lecturers, lecturer 1/2, even none teaching staffs. I repeat, most of them that betrayed ASUU are weeping secretly and praying for ASUU to have their way. You don't judge a matter from one persons mouth as most times, there are often three sides to a story.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by kaymart: 9:41am On Oct 12, 2020
Lordfranklin:
This government doesn't seem to give a f*ck about ASUU and their endless whinings.
he has already won second term....I'm not surprised.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"It’s Islamic" – Kwara Cleric Justifies Brutalisation Of Arabic Students / 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins / JAMB Denies Introducing Points System Option For Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.