Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,424 members, 7,800,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. (21924 Views)

Nigerian Banks And Its Systematic Extortion (share Your Experience) / Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience / Share Your Experience With Jumia Affiliate Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
Lol,so many funny experience.may Good save us. Na to chop the L in peace

I sell quality wears tho at very affordable price, you can check my thread for more.

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by descarado: 1:41pm On Oct 14, 2020
etibaba:
Being oversized is better that undersize as you can work on the former like slim fitting, or nothing can be done to it?
Nothing cheesy
And damn very expensive. A furniture. One day, an idea where to put it will occur. I just dump am for corner.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by lekki1444: 1:42pm On Oct 14, 2020
chinchonglee:
Honda Baby Boy!
That care made me lose my sanity. I got broke to a point I couldnt feed well. All my savings, investments and capital nearly ran dry because of that goddamn car. Am crying as I type dis sef because it's memoirs is enough to make me cry.

I woke up one morning carried the car to Ladipo, sold it parts by parts on a single spot. Since den, I had my peace back.
I bought other problematic cars tho but that one made me depressed.

I'll never buy a car again(for now).
I'll never carry anything liability again(cars, girls, beer palours etc)
so how do you get around now ? uber
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by chinchonglee(m): 1:45pm On Oct 14, 2020
lekki1444:
so how do you get around now ? uber
Public transport of cos!
I rarely use uber.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2020
Celebsnews2:

People still use Symbian phones? Lol

That’s part of the reason I had to trash it cheesy
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Meister(m): 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2020
Legionx:
I bought Samsung Galaxy M11 for 68k. Only to get to notice that Samsung is a big thief. Samsung created a crappy device that is nowhere near Tecno Spark 5 of 48k or so.

The camera was shit.

When I played some songs I noticed that the speaker of the phone had some issues like those Chinese speakers.

The the phone was truly Samsung.. it was not one of those fake copies. it was actually a Samsung phone.

I went to return it to the store and get a new one and the new one still had the same problem.

I couldn't get my money back so I had to sell the phone for half the price.

I lost almost 38000 just for buying that phone

If you don't have money for a flagship Samsung device make sure you avoid them like say nah virus.

68k would have gotten you a redmi 9 with change remaining

7 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by lekki1444: 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

Public transport of cos!
I rarely use uber.
so how much total would you say you spent on this honda ? what was the problem exactly ? was it not starting ? not driving ?
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by chinchonglee(m): 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2020
lekki1444:
so how much total would you say you spent on this honda ? what was the problem exactly ? was it not starting ? not driving ?
Can't calculate the total tho. But what saved my ass den was because I wasn't the one paying my rent.
It drives but it comes up with different problem every fucking day.
Especially electrical problems

4 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2020
These days if you want buyers remorse plus heart attack and panicking buy things online

10 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by anayolity: 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2020
shaybebaby:
Paid for a 3 day holiday to Disney Land Paris for my son as his birthday present.
Flight, accommodation and even hired a car so that little man would have as smooth holiday as possible.
Day 1, got to the park, he had a go on about 3 rides and announced- " I go home now!!!"

Go home ke? angry angry angry

With how much I spent? I was mad pissed off.

Needless to say, I haven't taken him on holiday outside the country since. If he wants one he can always cross to the backyard..free and right in his house.

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by lekki1444: 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2020
chinchonglee:

Can't calculate the total tho. But what saved my ass den was because I wasn't the one paying my rent.
It drives but it comes up with different problem every fucking day.
Especially electrical problems
ahhhh i see. i never understand the fascination with cars myself. it is a liability. although when it is fine it is very convenient to have it. but small problem you are dropping thousands.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by 99thEnemy(m): 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2020
anthonyuncle:

I didn't really had da urge to confront him. I blamed myself for allowing my love for da sneakers to cloud my senses (I should've checked it very well before buying).

as for my friends, they were well informed about him and our deal

Love for Sneakers Made you become like this grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by tellwisdom: 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
anthonyuncle:
when I was doing my I.T, a pair of sneakers for sale caught my attention. I asked for da price and the price was quite high. I priced dz sneakers for one month (coz I do pass through that shop almost everyday while returning from work) and da seller insisted on that same price (no reduction).

I finally bought dz sneakers, put da pair in my box to launch at school.

da day I finally wore dz sneakers (at school),I realised it was a fake one.

my love for it dropped drastically.

I couldn't give it out (coz I know it is fake), and I couldn't throw it away (coz of da price and it was still new).

las las,I begin wear am dey go for jogging and exercises

What the hell is “Da”?

3 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by chinchonglee(m): 2:06pm On Oct 14, 2020
lekki1444:
ahhhh i see. i never understand the fascination with cars myself. it is a liability. although when it is fine it is very convenient to have it. but small problem you are dropping thousands.
It's convenient but at times we gats face reality.
pple will only congratulate u the first week u bought the car but after that day, na u and mechanic get talk(Those with car will understand me). If my monthly earning doesn't sum up to #1m, i dnt av with any business with car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Olam09(m): 2:08pm On Oct 14, 2020
Legionx:
I bought Samsung Galaxy M11 for 68k. Only to get to notice that Samsung is a big thief. Samsung created a crappy device that is nowhere near Tecno Spark 5 of 48k or so.

The camera was shit.

When I played some songs I noticed that the speaker of the phone had some issues like those Chinese speakers.

The the phone was truly Samsung.. it was not one of those fake copies. it was actually a Samsung phone.

I went to return it to the store and get a new one and the new one still had the same problem.

I couldn't get my money back so I had to sell the phone for half the price.

I lost almost 38000 just for buying that phone
you bought fake Samsung maybe Chinese model because Samsung don't produce fake things. I'm using Samsung Electronics my laptop is Samsung, my phone is also Samsung and I'm fucking enjoying thier products.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by bluefilm: 2:11pm On Oct 14, 2020
thesilentman:
Mine was during those days when i was still very young and naive.
I had put all my hard-earned egg nest of 10k then to procure this Nokia E97 slide symbian phone at that notorious Alaba Int Market.
I was shocked that the battery and other subsequent ones i bought with bitterness did not last more than an hour.I was using three batteries for one phone.
I later dump it somewhere in the shelf before i had peace of mind.
Thats all about it.
If you got any buyer's remorse before,share it here all for the fun guys!

Are you sure this is really buyer's remorse?

In my own understanding buyer's remorse is as a result of you buying something, then you not liking it again and wishing to return it back not because the product is spoilt but simply because there's another one you now fancy or you have now realized that the product is not really worth it!!!

In your own case, you just bought a terribly bad product!!!

To know whether it was buyer's remorse, ask yourself this: Had it been the battery was perfect, would you have wanted/wished to return the phone?

You see...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Olam09(m): 2:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
faith551:
Not really, I do a lot of market survey online, ask questions before getting anything i deem costly.

It helps, i almost got a fake samsung galaxy s4 once, i checked price for UK used s4 for weeks, cheked online and found out the average price was #30k. On the day i wanted to get it, I went with a friend to another shop he promised sells original wares. Got there, the guy told us 20k.. I was shocked and happy at once smiley, when i held the phone i started having missed feelings. My mind was telling me its either its a fake or it might have problems I cannot spot over the counter, btw I noticed the number of sensors where not adding up as with the once i checked online.
Finally I told my guy i wasn't going to buy the phone, he was worried about the feelings of the seller if we left like that, so i decided to price him less to disaude him, i priced 15k and he asked if we had the money with us, i responded in the affirmative and he asked to bring it... mehn!! That was a huge red flag, i just told mey friend i was leaving.(bleep how he feels, this must be a fake). My friend tried disuading me, said he would sell his tecno and come buy the phone himself the next day undecided.
On our way back I took him to a shop i priced the phone earlier (#30k), on seeing the original, he didn't even need to touch it to spot the huge difference (which weren't really obvious if u were presented without the original to make comparisms tho). I was so proud of myself that day. cool
Finaly I ended up getting a new one for #75k, and i really flexed and enjoyed that phone with peace of mind cheesy

When u plan getting stuffs, especially gadgets, watch reviews on youtube, check prices online and in shops, window shopping is not bad afterall.
That's what i do also before getting my Galaxy s7 also i did tje same thing i checked the specs and other code to know if it's a fake Samsung eg. *#0*# that code is gonna make you know if a Samsung is fake.
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by toprealman: 2:16pm On Oct 14, 2020
anthonyuncle:
when I was doing my I.T, a pair of sneakers for sale caught my attention. I asked for da price and the price was quite high. I priced dz sneakers for one month (coz I do pass through that shop almost everyday while returning from work) and da seller insisted on that same price (no reduction).

I finally bought dz sneakers, put da pair in my box to launch at school.

da day I finally wore dz sneakers (at school),I realised it was a fake one.

my love for it dropped drastically.

I couldn't give it out (coz I know it is fake), and I couldn't throw it away (coz of da price and it was still new).

las las,I begin wear am dey go for jogging and exercises
Next time package the item, go back to the seller.....drop the item for him, tell him you will be back in 3 days for your money. Give no room for negotiation or dialogue.
Take your leave and make sure you show up on the third day.......make it brief!
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Bunsenbun(m): 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2020
SnOOpERr:
I bought 2 sets of yam from one woman. I didn't even bargain. So I told her to select the best for me. Got home, cooked it, yam was bitter af. Everything. Threw the rest away. He pain me Sha. Yam and Egg. OMG. Karma go catch her
na New Yam You Go Buy Nah.It Is Quite Bitter.
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Stellly02(m): 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2020
U can't get a board for that phone as its not infinix note 2, u sef see Sony inside infinix na embarassed
randomShek:
Way back then. I went to CV to buy Infinix Note 2 (still trending then) but somehow my friend convinced me to take something.

As per I no sabi then and he knew about phones, I went with his advice. The phone was nice sha but after like 22 days, it just gave up.

Went to engineer... he said motherboard and battery.
Okay how much is battery? He say e no dey market
Ehn ehn... how far motherboard? That one no even dey country angry

Since then me and China maintain social distancing... but if you have motherboard and battery, I don’t mind o I will buy grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by tosinhtml: 2:19pm On Oct 14, 2020
I bought a perfume for an expensive amount from a friend that advertised her perfume business, when I used it in the morning before heading to work, the fragrance had cleared off before 30 mins. I was so pissed. I got back home & threw away the perfume.

She later asked me if the perfume was good & I said yes, very nice.

2nd time was when I wanted to support my friends food business & ordered two plates for 5k, the food was the most terrible food ever.
She asked me if her food taste good, of course I said that was the best food I ever tasted.

I don't want enemies abeg

11 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by onomeabuja: 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2020
Kia i just love this thread because china phones don really deal with me...nokia go suffer do phone finish,china go just surface with thesame product & code so teyyyyy, i go ask one man wen de sell phone that y my phone de drink battery like pocket wen de lick,..kia(no b small tin o)....,if i suffer charge phone finish ,b4 i go say jack-robinson,battery don turn to 1%

9 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by chocboi78(m): 2:22pm On Oct 14, 2020
shaybebaby:
Paid for a 3 day holiday to Disney Land Paris for my son as his birthday present.
Flight, accommodation and even hired a car so that little man would have as smooth holiday as possible.
Day 1, got to the park, he had a go on about 3 rides and announced- " I go home now!!!"

Needless to say, I haven't taken him on holiday outside the country since. If he wants one he can always cross to the backyard..free and right in his house.

wink
shaybebaby:

kee me..lmao..
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Meister(m): 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2020
Olam09:
you bought fake Samsung maybe Chinese model because Samsung don't produce fake things. I'm using Samsung Electronics my laptop is Samsung, my phone is also Samsung and I'm fucking enjoying thier products.

Which Samsung phone are you using ?

What the guy said is that the phone is not worth it's price at all not that it's completely shit
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Funkybabee(f): 2:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
Bought clone Galaxy S7 from omo Igbo eh..

The battery is fake, they cloned Galaxy s1 to it

I was trained through it not to be dull when buying a Uk used phone. I sold it after a year to buy Coolpad y90 which I used for 3years before this one

2 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by adanny01(m): 2:36pm On Oct 14, 2020
My younger sis was about to get married, her husband to be bought her a gift, a new expensive phone (LG Nexus 4) when it came out newly. It was a thing of envy.

Her friends were doing "let me see the phone" and it dropped on the hard floor. It was just a tiny crack at the edge of the screen but the screen became unresponsive. She brought it to me, I took to LG service center and they said 68k. I shipped it to Lag and the price came down to 48k.

The wedding came and went. 1yr later, the screen was 26k. Another 1yr later, I needed a phone upgrade so I sold my phone for 10k and got the screen for 9k.

The new screen was just busy giving ghost touch syndrome. The person who fixed the screen tried his stock of 3 screen, all the same syndrome. He got all the screens he could find, still ghost touch. Until he ordered for it from Lag and we got it 1 week later. The phone was finally back after 2+yrs.

I updated 2 android versions to the latest, the phone was still cool. 2 weeks later while sleeping my son took the phone and he tripped and fell. The screen broke again!

I got someone who had its calibrator, all was ghost touch. Its been 5yrs now the phone is still with the guy I gave.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Olam09(m): 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2020
Meister:

Which Samsung phone are you using ? S7 planning to buy s10e soon

What the guy said is that the phone is not worth it's price at all not that it's completely shit
to be sincere samsung don't do phones with low specs. Unless you got a refurbished fake Samsung phone.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by maasoap(m): 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2020
IMASTEX:
I bought flashdrive for kids to watch cartoons on tv. It was malfunctioning, not all video plays to the end formated it, still didn't work. Took it back to the vendor, he refused changing it that I brought it too late.

I then bought kid tablet, sadly the battery is poor, phone memory low, performance not impressive. Bought a mini memory card & power bank. Just a little fall from below the knee button removed. Phone has bad casing.

All this happen last month. My conclusion, there are too much fake products in the market. I am considering buying a phone for them instead.

One needs to find the detailed specs of any kids tablet before paying because those sellers always hide the down sides of their products from the spec lists

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by IMO01: 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2020
BigSarah:
Recent;Bought a cake at Birnin kebbi, had sand in them... sand are in a lot of things around here.

Not so recent; Purchasing an IPhone, Should have stuck with Samsung....

Garri in imo state same thing sand always inside I started noticing this shit this year

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by tammie24: 2:54pm On Oct 14, 2020
IMASTEX:
I bought flashdrive for kids to watch cartoons on tv. It was malfunctioning, not all video plays to the end formated it, still didn't work. Took it back to the vendor, he refused changing it that I brought it too late.

I then bought kid tablet, sadly the battery is poor, phone memory low, performance not impressive. Bought a mini memory card & power bank. Just a little fall from below the knee button removed. Phone has bad casing.

All this happen last month. My conclusion, there are too much fake products in the market. I am considering buying a phone for them instead.
don't fall for that "for kids" rubbish

I bought Samsung tabs for my kids with very strong protective casing and guards

Abeg no dey waste money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Meister(m): 2:56pm On Oct 14, 2020
Olam09:
to be sincere samsung don't do phones with low specs. Unless you got a refurbished fake Samsung phone.

You probably don't know much about phone specs then.

All Samsung A and M series are way too expensive compared to their specs.

A31 has a Helio p65 processor with a plastic back

A70 has an SD 670 with plastic back too

The A51 has the very buggy Exynos 9611 processor with plastic back too.

The price of these phones are over 100k, now compare them to the Redmi note 9s of 88 to 98k you'll see that it'll beat any of them in almost every aspect

6 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by IMASTEX: 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2020
maasoap:

One needs to find the detailed specs of any kids tablet before paying because those sellers always hide the down sides of their products from the spec lists
You're very correct. I won't buy again, I will rather buy a regular phone to serve the same purpose.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Risevest’s CEO, Eke Urum, Found Guilty Of Sexual Impropriety And Abuse Of Power / Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX / A Sample Of Sanusi New 200 Naira Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.