Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. (21940 Views)

Nigerian Banks And Its Systematic Extortion (share Your Experience) / Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience / Share Your Experience With Jumia Affiliate Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by africaflozy(f): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2020
Mine is online shopping, I no go try am again.
I saw a bag on a friend's WhatsApp status. It's white, looks classy and beautiful. I fell in love with it instantly and I dropped all the money in my account. When the bag arrived, tears gathered in my eyes o but I couldn't let them fall. The bag was very very small and not of good quality self. I was like madam I paid #4500 for this bag o, what is this trash. She started saying ehn, that's how it is.
I had to give it someone as birthday gift because I can't just bear the feeling of looking at it in my house. Since then, I will just view products online and waka pass jeje. I prefer offline shopping Biko.

7 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by randomShek: 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
Stellly02:
U can't get a board for that phone as its not infinix note 2, u sef see Sony inside infinix na embarassed
Lool. It’s not an infinix knockoff. E dey just hin own dey for Android world

2 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by chinchonglee(m): 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2020
33bandit:

I feel your pain mann !
Thank bro!
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Smiles000: 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2020
Earlier this year , around February, i purchased a fairly used motorcycle at he price of N50,000 just to cut down the cost of transportation to work.
i rode the motorcycle for just 1 week and throughout that week it kept developing one fault or the other, as i kept on spending thinking it's just a minor thing; that was when i realized that if i continue with it, i will end up spending more on it on the long run. i had to take it back to the seller only for me to be told to wait till the motorcycle is sold off to another person before i can collect my money back.
as i am typing this, i am still on the matter, no buyer yet. though i am ready to give it out at 30k...

i wish i had listened to my mum who adviced me on saving and buying a new one instead of second hand...

it's well... life goes on

6 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by NarnieAceTech: 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2020
randomShek:
Way back then. I went to CV to buy Infinix Note 2 (still trending then) but somehow my friend convinced me to take something else.

As per I no sabi then and he knew about phones, I went with his advice and picked up a china phone. It performed well sha but after like 22 days, it just gave up.

Went to engineer... he said it’s the motherboard and battery.
Okay how much is battery? He say e no dey market
Ehn ehn... how far motherboard? That one no even dey country angry

Since then me and China maintain social distancing... but if you have motherboard and battery, I don’t mind o I will buy grin

Is this X600? it looks totally different from mine. I'd like to buy the phone from you, actually, just the screen is what I need. Coconut oil poured on mine and damaged the screen totally. Now seeing this phone again, I think I'd like to fix it
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Celebsnews2: 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2020
iLUCID:

That’s part of the reason I had to trash it cheesy

Bro, can't believe Symbian still exist. How old are you biko? grin Symbian was of our generation na. We rocked it back then. Like ten years ago

2 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by IMASTEX: 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
tammie24:
don't fall for that "for kids" rubbish

I bought Samsung tabs for my kids with very strong protective casing and guards

Abeg no dey waste money
Thanks, it was really an annoying experience because I didn't want them to depend on my phone.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by descarado: 5:40pm On Oct 14, 2020
shaybebaby:
Paid for a 3 day holiday to Disney Land Paris for my son as his birthday present.
Flight, accommodation and even hired a car so that little man would have as smooth holiday as possible.
Day 1, got to the park, he had a go on about 3 rides and announced- " I go home now!!!"

Go home ke? angry angry angry

With how much I spent? I was mad pissed off.

Needless to say, I haven't taken him on holiday outside the country since. If he wants one he can always cross to the backyard..free and right in his house.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by JonCina(m): 5:51pm On Oct 14, 2020
Which other experience is as bad as voting in a President and now regretting?

That is the real Post Purchase Dissonance (PPD)!
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by xamiel4(m): 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2020
IMASTEX:
I bought flashdrive for kids to watch cartoons on tv. It was malfunctioning, not all video plays to the end formated it, still didn't work. Took it back to the vendor, he refused changing it that I brought it too late.

I then bought kid tablet, sadly the battery is poor, phone memory low, performance not impressive. Bought a mini memory card & power bank. Just a little fall from below the knee button removed. Phone has bad casing.

All this happen last month. My conclusion, there are too much fake products in the market. I am consi.dering buying a phone for them instead.

The flash drive not playing movies till the end on your TV is your TV's fault. It's probably an old model TV. Try playing the same movies on your phone or a computer and you'll see it will play to the end. Same thing happened to me.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by IMASTEX: 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2020
xamiel4:

The flash drive not playing movies till the end on your TV is your TV's fault. It's probably an old model TV. Try playing the same movies on your phone or a computer and you'll see it will play to the end. Same thing happened to me.
Not in my case, TV is recent and I tried it with several. It initially plays selected movies half way, after formating it, it stopped even been read on tv totally. It is only visible on phone & computer.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Charlotte911(f): 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
Legionx:
I bought Samsung Galaxy M11 for 68k. Only to get to notice that Samsung is a big thief. Samsung created a crappy device that is nowhere near Tecno Spark 5 of 48k or so.

The camera was shit.

When I played some songs I noticed that the speaker of the phone had some issues like those Chinese speakers.

The the phone was truly Samsung.. it was not one of those fake copies. it was actually a Samsung phone.

I went to return it to the store and get a new one and the new one still had the same problem.

I couldn't get my money back so I had to sell the phone for half the price.

I lost almost 38000 just for buying that phone
are you me , I bought same M11 too at pointek in ikeja, the camera was crappy , I was frustrated, I had to swap to another phone, I lost money too
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Charlotte911(f): 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2020
Ali express too do me shege,i ordered for bags and wrist watch, it took very long to get to the local post office, and they delivered rubbish bag for me since then I don't bother patronizing ali express, maybe I didn't order the proper way sha, because some folks from my office do order nice stuff from ali express

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Mayehunta991: 6:26pm On Oct 14, 2020
Legionx:
I bought Samsung Galaxy M11 for 68k. Only to get to notice that Samsung is a big thief. Samsung created a crappy device that is nowhere near Tecno Spark 5 of 48k or so.

The camera was shit.

When I played some songs I noticed that the speaker of the phone had some issues like those Chinese speakers.

The the phone was truly Samsung.. it was not one of those fake copies. it was actually a Samsung phone.

I went to return it to the store and get a new one and the new one still had the same problem.

I couldn't get my money back so I had to sell the phone for half the price.

I lost almost 38000 just for buying that phone

The new Samsung series comes with bad loud speakers. I realized that when I got my new Samsung A01 phone a few months ago.
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Mayehunta991: 6:28pm On Oct 14, 2020
SnOOpERr:
I bought 2 sets of yam from one woman. I didn't even bargain. So I told her to select the best for me. Got home, cooked it, yam was bitter af. Everything. Threw the rest away. He pain me Sha. Yam and Egg. OMG. Karma go catch her
Blame government fertilisers

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Revere27: 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2020
danchuzzy:

I can relate grin

Tried Hun?
Baba for the sticks. Using the 5A as substitute of the 2B.
Hoping to get drummer Boss 5B.. Make God provide for us.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by thesilentman(m): 7:02pm On Oct 14, 2020
Opexzy:

I encountered the same problem with this phone.. I had like 6 batteries back then.. I was frustrated I had to give it to someone.
It's like that phone is specifically built to have battery problem. It was also one of the few phones with a very large storage size of 32GB in use then. 32GB then is like 512GB of today grin

I think it's N97 not E97
It's actually E97.Goggle it.
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Revere27: 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2020
Schoolshoe:
I'm a drummer too, please what us the logic in getting an original stick.

Bro when you want to get a good stick, check the butt of the stick, if it has lines under then it is fake, the down part must be plain... If you have got to shine your eyes in checking it oo and don't let them convince you that it is a good one.
But you must have like #5000 upwards to see better stick with the way the country is now.

Shalom. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by anthonyuncle(m): 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2020
Organs:

How we can help ourselves is to ensure no one goes through that experience. If the shop is still around, and selling fake things, take a pix and post on Social media to run the guy out of business. We need to look out for ourselves.

u are right.

I should've done that.

but I don't know da current location of his store

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by anthonyuncle(m): 8:21pm On Oct 14, 2020
africaflozy:
Mine is online shopping, I no go try am again.
I saw a bag on a friend's WhatsApp status. It's white, looks classy and beautiful. I fell in love with it instantly and I dropped all the money in my account. When the bag arrived, tears gathered in my eyes o but I couldn't let them fall. The bag was very very small and not of good quality self. I was like madam I paid #4500 for this bag o, what is this trash. She started saying ehn, that's how it is.
I had to give it someone as birthday gift because I can't just bear the feeling of looking at it in my house. Since then, I will just view products online and waka pass jeje. I prefer offline shopping Biko.

online shopping is as risky as 100 odds

2 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by anthonyuncle(m): 8:22pm On Oct 14, 2020
Jazzafizzy:
Ibo guys avoid there Market to shalaye.
don't generalise.
individuals choose their characters

2 Likes

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by randomShek: 8:22pm On Oct 14, 2020
NarnieAceTech:

Is this X600? it looks totally different from mine. I'd like to buy the phone from you, actually, just the screen is what I need. Coconut oil poured on mine and damaged the screen totally. Now seeing this phone again, I think I'd like to fix it
I don’t mind but I can’t remember anything about the model number.
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by anthonyuncle(m): 8:23pm On Oct 14, 2020
chelseamann:
I had this same experience.. though mine wasn't fake..but I just fell out of love with it after the first time I wore it

I do get dz kinda feeling when I buy some clothes.
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by anthonyuncle(m): 8:24pm On Oct 14, 2020
99thEnemy:

Love for Sneakers Made you become like this grin grin grin grin grin
ta!
da sneakers ranked me number one,
nengi ranked him number.....
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by anthonyuncle(m): 8:25pm On Oct 14, 2020
tellwisdom:

What the hell is “Da”?
how da heaven is it ur problem
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by anthonyuncle(m): 8:25pm On Oct 14, 2020
toprealman:

Next time package the item, go back to the seller.....drop the item for him, tell him you will be back in 3 days for your money. Give no room for negotiation or dialogue.
Take your leave and make sure you show up on the third day.......make it brief!

there will be no next time
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by NarnieAceTech: 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2020
randomShek:
I don’t mind but I can’t remember anything about the model number.

Ok. How much?
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by randomShek: 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2020
NarnieAceTech:

Ok. How much?
Hit me on whatsapp with your offer

https:///p8sk9d
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by africaflozy(f): 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2020
anthonyuncle:

online shopping is as risky as 100 odds

Lol...I now prefer to go to markets,see and feel what I am paying for. I learnt in a bad way!
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by vickydevoka(m): 6:02am On Oct 15, 2020
TinubuGoQuench:
Na so I go spent 10k to buy one useless Chinese mobile wardrobe.
The thing useless pass uselessness
To assemble am hard pass truck pusher work
The parts were not complete.
They just packaged rubbish inside a beautiful pack.
I regretted buying it because I should have used that money to cancel some bottles of Goldberg and use the rest knack Rukeme big yansh
Na big nyash be your problem
Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Schoolshoe: 6:56am On Oct 15, 2020
Revere27:

Bro when you want to get a good stick, check the butt of the stick, if it has lines under then it is fake, the down part must be plain... If you have got to shine your eyes in checking it oo and don't let them convince you that it is a good one.
But you must have like #5000 upwards to see better stick with the way the country is now.

Shalom. cheesy
thanks for this bro.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had Buyer's Remorse? Share Your Experience. by Kyngfarabale1(m): 10:20am On Oct 15, 2020
BigSarah:
Recent;Bought a cake at Birnin kebbi, had sand in them... sand are in a lot of things around here.

Not so recent; Purchasing an IPhone, Should have stuck with Samsung....
where in birnin Kebbi do u stay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Sample Of Sanusi New 200 Naira Note / Risevest’s CEO, Eke Urum, Found Guilty Of Sexual Impropriety And Abuse Of Power / 5 Major Problems We Entrepreneur's Face

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.