Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Which Do You Advise I Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Do You Advise I Go For? (732 Views)

Which Would You Advise I Go For Professional Course Or Masters Degree / Which Would You Advise Going For: A 130k Job In Ibadan Or A 200k Job In Lagos? / Which would you advise he choose and why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Zayttoven: 11:57am On Oct 12, 2020
Good day all, I trust y'all doing well today. I would like you to proffer a solution to this. I believe some people have been in this type of situation before. I'll be brief and straight to the point.

Currently I have job that pays nothing less than 650k if you add allowances and benefits. I've been shortlisted for a sponsored type rating course in Canada next year.

Issue is I got another job offer in South Africa which will pay a salary of 50k Rands every month (twice as much as my current salary).

Now, I don't know which to choose. The program I'll be going for next year cost some pretty big bucks, and before going on the program I will be made to sign an agreement (MOA) with my employer which means that I can't leave the organisation until after a specified number of years (four years). If I do leave before 4 years, the contract would be enforced and I'll be made to pay back the full cost of the sponsored course.

If I accept the job in SA, I'll have to sponsor the course myself.

The benefit of the course is that I'll be promoted to a captain after a while. Which also means higher pay, benefits e.t.c.

The SA job is really enticing but I have a lot of things under consideration. E.g
- Life in SA, working conditions
- Xenophobia
- Family
- I also had plans to settle down before the end of next year.

So please what do you advise?

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Dominique Seun.
Re: Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Abfinest007(m): 12:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
forget sa
Re: Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
Nada
Re: Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Charleys: 12:06pm On Oct 12, 2020
Follow your job go to Canada.

If you're tired start your own business. You can stay for four years without working for anyone.

Plus your job got you security.
Re: Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Jaycobbs(m): 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
I suggest you go with the your current job and wait it out.

If I read your story right, you're currently earning 650k, and the company has enrolled you in a course that would take you to Canada. Plus, it's being sponsored by your current company.

If you take the job in SA, you'll first have to go to SA, then to Canada. And you're planning to settle down.

For someone who is planning to get married, what you need is stability, and your current company offers all of that. 650k isn't that bad, and you know for damn sure that you will get a better offer when you are done with the course.

This is what I think you should do:

* Stay in your current position, let the company sponsor you to Canada
* Get married whenever you want to
* Stay with the company for the next four years.
* When the four years is over, you most likely would be getting offers from everywhere, and you will be an authority wherever you present your qualifications.

How long have you been with that company? Surely four years is not that long. And being married, it could flash right before your eyes.

So I support you staying where you are right now. Better offers are going to come later.

2 Likes

Re: Which Do You Advise I Go For? by mallor(m): 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2020
Mr. kindly goto God in prayers only him can give u the best advice because he sees both jobs and knows the best for you. If you can't pray you meet your pastor. also kindly remember someone like me that have no jobs after graduate even if you can recommend me...Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Advise I Go For? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:34pm On Oct 12, 2020
Stay with your current job.
Re: Which Do You Advise I Go For? by thesicilian: 1:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
Jaycobbs:

If I read your story right, you're currently earning 650k, and the company has enrolled you in a course that would take you to Canada. Plus, it's being sponsored by your current company.

If you take the job in SA, you'll first have to go to SA, then to Canada. And you're planning to settle down.

For someone who is planning to get married, what you need is stability, and your current company offers all of that. 650k isn't that bad, and you know for damn sure that you will get a better offer when you are done with the course.

* When the four years is over, you most likely would be getting offers from everywhere, and you will be an authority wherever you present your qualifications.

How long have you been with that company? Surely four years is not that long. And being married, it could flash right before your eyes.

So I support you staying where you are right now. Better offers are going to come later.
OP please send this guy a bottle of Chateau Lafite 1787 when you get to Canada.
Re: Which Do You Advise I Go For? by nhurhetee(m): 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2020
Waka jeje inside life!!!
Nigeria no beta, dat 1 no reach ur side ooo...
650k monthly aint bad ooo, so forget SA.
Re: Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Zayttoven: 3:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
Jaycobbs:

I'll consider your advice.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Zayttoven: 3:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
mallor:
Mr. kindly goto God in prayers only him can give u the best advice because he sees both jobs and knows the best for you. If you can't pray you meet your pastor. also kindly remember someone like me that have no jobs after graduate even if you can recommend me...Goodluck

Thanks
Re: Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Zayttoven: 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2020
thesicilian:

OP please send this guy a bottle of Chateau Lafite 1787 when you get to Canada.

Sure man, will do.
Re: Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Ourown(m): 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
Jaycobbs:

OP I support this.
Re: Which Do You Advise I Go For? by dahmie2013: 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2020
Jaycobbs:

Ur answer OP! Congratulations on the offers also.
Re: Which Do You Advise I Go For? by Zayttoven: 8:55pm On Oct 12, 2020
dahmie2013:

Ur answer OP! Congratulations on the offers also.
Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Work As A Subtitler (for FREE) / Is This Invite Real Or Fake? Please Help.. / Leadway Group Is Recruiting For Customer Service Personnels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.