Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men (13437 Views)

Hypocrisy of men claiming Alpha male online. / 10 Times Nigerian Men Married Foreign Women. / Noxolo Mampa, The South African Lady Who Bashed Nigerian men Finally Apologized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by CAPSLOCKED: 7:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
Zabiboy:

Every single Human on this earth is a Hypocrite..
Both Me, you, the O.P, our parents e.t.c ...
Even our children, grandchildren and generations to come would still be hypocrites...
Denying the above further highlights the hypocrisy in you

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT NIGERIAN MEN SO YOU MUST STICK TO THE TOPIC OR GET LOST.
YOUR HYPOCRISY IS WHY YOU'RE HERE TO FIGHT BECAUSE YOU HATE THE TRUTH. YOU ALWAYS WANT TO HAVE IT YOUR WAY BUT MAN, THAT TIME IS GONE.
MOST NIGERIAN MEN ARE DUMB HYPOCRITES INCLUDING YOU, YOUR FATHER AND MINE. INSTEAD OF FIGHTING THIS OBVIOUS UNDEBATABLE FACT WHY NOT NEGOTIATE WITH YOUR PEERS, AND WORK TO BETTER THE YOUNGER MENFOLKS WHO WILL BE TAKING OVER YOUR CHARACTERS FROM YOU?

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by MrCork: 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
MhisTahrah:
Some Nigerian men are always quick to generalize and bash Nigerian women whenever a lady makes the news for something bad for example, a married woman having extramarital affairs.But one will never see this set of hypocrites judge cheating married men in such manner.They make senseless comments and the really dumb ones go ahead to insult the wife for her husband's inability to remain faithful.

You might want to go through this thread and see for yourself
https://www.nairaland.com/6174273/cheating-some-men-something-else

angry
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by MrCork: 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2020
MhisTahrah:
Some Nigerian men are always quick to generalize and bash Nigerian women whenever a lady makes the news for something bad for example, a married woman having extramarital affairs.But one will never see this set of hypocrites judge cheating married men in such manner.They make senseless comments and the really dumb ones go ahead to insult the wife for her husband's inability to remain faithful.

...ok so u calling homebase Nigeria people hypocrate?. correct? Is this because they spek pigeon English? R u trying to say they r elitrate?
Do u realise am from London & I ain't one of them homebase people? But y u keep calling the hypocrisy?
angry

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by virginprincess(f): 7:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
jericco1:

You've mistaken me for someone else
Maybe, but i'm sure i know you, is your mum from umunede in delta state?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2020
FearlessOG:

Lol!!! The same can be said of "some Nigerian women" on this forum. It's imperative to realize that "both genders" are largely biased in favor of their own gender. However, if you sincerely think that your post and the link that you put up there suffices for a cogent argument supporting your assertion, then I'll gladly play the "Devil's Advocate" and let you know the following:

1. I can provide links on Nairaland showing you where the reverse was the case i.e. some Nigerian women being quick to generalize and bash Nigerian men whenever a man makes the news for something bad for example, a married man having extramarital affairs. But one will never see this set of hypocrites judge cheating married women in such manner. They make senseless comments and the really dumb ones go ahead to insult the man for his wife's inability to remain faithful.

2. I can provide links on Nairaland showing threads where a man was at the receiving end of female brutality (either the man was maimed or killed) and there were very few comments from females that condemned the woman's action. But that's not all; I can even go further and provide links on Nairaland showing threads where a man was at the receiving end of female brutality, and there was NO comment from even a single female condemning the woman's action. Not even from the so-called gender equality advocates (feminists). And to make things more interesting, I'm referring to threads that have at least 3 pages of comments or more. Just imagine that.

3. In contrast to point number 2, there is no single thread on Nairaland that I have come across since when I started viewing as a guest in 2014, that reports male-on-female brutality/violence, and has at least 3 pages of comments or more, that I didn't see men condemning the action of the man. Even if it is just a handful of men that condemned the action of the man.

4. I'll make things more interesting though; I can provide links on Nairaland where the thread is about male-on-female brutality/violence, and the only people that commented and condemned the action of the man were men, despite the fact that this is one of the topics were females and Nairaland feminists usually abound. Contrarily, there is no thread on Nairaland that reports female-on-male brutality/violence and the only people that commented and condemned the action of the woman were women. I haven't come across even one of such threads in my 6+ years as a Nairaland guest/viewer.

There is so much more I can say, but it's definitely not necessary. The bottom line is that if one person is trying to prove misogyny and another person is trying to prove misandry, there are more than enough links, even within Nairaland alone to prove either case.

I'll be replying only number 1 as the rest are irrelevant as far as this thread is concerned.
I personally have never seen such, post the link if you have.I don't see the females going on about how cheating is second nature to us.As a matter of fact, their comments on such threads are usually about advising the wife to pray, be patient, endure, meet a cleric for counselling and so on which I find somehow but this is a topic for another day.I'm not trying to prove misogyny or disprove misandry, my point is why the double standards?Judge an unfaithful wife with the same yardstick you use for unfaithful men.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 12, 2020
MrCork:

...ok so u calling homebase Nigeria people hypocrate?. correct? Is this because they spek pigeon English? R u trying to say they r elitrate?
Do u realise am from London & I ain't one of them homebase people? But y u keep calling the hypocrisy?
angry
LMAO
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2020
ZIINI:

Only a stupid man will side his fellow man when he's cheating or doing something wrong
Cheating is bad and wrong for both genders as you've said.
Now you heard recently the case between lil frosh and his girlfriend I remember reading the news on FP every male that read the news accused him of hitting that girl. Not a single male side him or excuse his error look at the drastic step Davido took about the case
So no man in his right sense will side or excuse his fellow man when he's cheating be it in relationship or marriage. We reason too and we're not animals
The first sentence has said everything. cool
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by jericco1(m): 7:54pm On Oct 12, 2020
virginprincess:
Maybe, but i'm sure i know you, is your mum from umunede in delta state?

Hmm this is shocking.
I can't disclose that here
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by virginprincess(f): 8:10pm On Oct 12, 2020
jericco1:

Hmm this is shocking.
I can't disclose that here
You can see that i known you, your name is jeremiah but you are popularly known as jerry.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by jericco1(m): 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2020
virginprincess:
You can see that i known you, your name is jeremiah but you are popularly known as jerry.

That's not true
Well you should share your picture so that I can confirm if I know you or not
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by virginprincess(f): 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
jericco1:

That's not true
Well you should share your picture so that I can confirm if I know you or not
You shouldn't lie, because am very sure of that face, do you have a cousin named Uju.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by DamnnNiggarr: 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
MhisTahrah:
I see you modified.
The burden of wedding expenses is on both groom and bride.The fact that the groom VOLUNTARILY decides to finance it is his own problem.Some men feel shouldering financial responsibilities makes them more manly and subsequently feel emasculated if their partners have more financial power.

Are you kidding me?This varies individually but from most things we see online, it's obvious
women invest more emotions in relationships than men.

You guys don't encourage women to make the first move.In fact she is often disrespected.

Refer to the above for this.
sorry for the late reply I got stuck in hold-up while coming back from work,

now, @the bolded green, I'm not talking about emotions, I'm talking about financial and responsibility sacrifices, men do that more than ladies...who emotions epp!

now @the bolded serif, that's a blatant lie from the pit of hell, any man that takes a woman who professed her feelings to him for granted, is not just a slowpoke but also a Playboy, believe me that he can also play any girl that comes his way.
ladies should give it a try before starting to complain.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by FearlessOG: 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
MhisTahrah:
I'll be replying only number 1 as the rest are irrelevant as far as this thread is concerned.
I personally have never seen such, post the link if you have.I don't see the females going on about how cheating is second nature to us.As a matter of fact, their comments on such threads are usually about advising the wife to pray, be patient, endure, meet a cleric for counselling and so on which I find somehow but this is a topic for another day.I'm not trying to prove misogyny or disprove misandry, my point is why the double standards?Judge an unfaithful wife with the same yardstick you use for unfaithful men.

Lol!!! This is typical. Your title is: "The hypocrisy of Nigerian men." Then you go on to talk about how some Nigerian men generalize and bash Nigerian women whenever a lady makes the news for something bad. And then you cited an example of such a case (the key phrase here being "an example"wink. Then after I have played the Devil's Advocate to show you that such generalization and bashing goes both ways, also citing other examples of scenarios analogical to yours (key phrase here being "other examples"wink, you decide to "restrict" the core of your argument (double standards, generalization, and bashing of women) to only cheating, which you only cited as an example.
Pray tell, is your gripe with double standards, generalization, and bashing of women restricted to only cheating (I seriously doubt this), or you realized that there are far more instances of double standards, generalization, and bashing of men committed by women that you are either not aware of or have chosen to ignore? More importantly, do you realize that "an example" (which you gave) is only one out of numerous other instances (examples) that supports an argument?

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2020
This thread is getting hotter ,, i thought it won't be so brutal like this,,,,,

But lemme still reserve my comments
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2020
Original gang star

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by jericco1(m): 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2020
virginprincess:
You shouldn't lie, because am very sure of that face, do you have a cousin named Uju.

Nope
I don't
Although I'm from Delta
You speak ika (agbor)?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by virginprincess(f): 8:41pm On Oct 12, 2020
jericco1:

Nope
I don't
Although I'm from Delta
You speak ika (agbor)?
Yes i am from ika(paternal), but i no what i am saying, does your mum has a sister named Philo?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Shortyy(f): 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
until you ladies start taking equal part of the expenses in marriage, and taking equal part of the responsibility in every day family life, is when you shall be regarded equal with men.

who's the borden of marriage expenses on?? it's always men.

who worries most in the betterment or moving forward of relationship?? always men.

who tells a woman how he feels about her?? until I see women do that, still always men.

who's ready to sacrifice both financially in relationship?? always men.

you ladies want to be accorded the same respect as men but don't want to reason like men
I think you guys bring this bride price issue up everytime to excuse your callous behavior towards women. It's not cool seriously. I know women that struggle in their respective homes. Work hard just like the hubby to make their marriages work. Some even work hard more than the hubbies, yet the so called hubbies go about misbehaving just cuz they paid bride price? Oh c'mon that's a silly excuse. No one forced you to marry this girl, y'all fell in love, dated, then married. Made promises to each other. Then because you paid bride price, you decide to be irresponsible? That's not cool.

If a woman suggests to pay bride price I'm pretty sure 95% of y'all won't agree, because of your ego.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by MrCork: 8:45pm On Oct 12, 2020
jericco1:

Nope
I don't
Although I'm from Delta
You speak ika (agbor)?

angry
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2020
grin grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Shortyy(f): 8:48pm On Oct 12, 2020
Gerrard59:

MhisTahrah,

Here lies the issue: men invest financially more than women in a typical Nigerian married life. He who pays the piper dictates the tune. Until modern day women start investing as much as men do, it would be hard to fight against the privilege that come with men cheating. Unfortunately, women are hypergamous species. Fortunately, we live in a time where both men and women have equal rights. So if your man (boyfriend or husband) cheats on you, nothing stops you from leaving him. And when you do, don't give a fvck about what people say.
Go to Ebonyi State and see how women struggle to feed both children and husband. Y'all should stop this excuse. I know women that carry the family. This mentality is flawed really.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by MrCork: 8:48pm On Oct 12, 2020
jericco1:

Nope
I don't
Although I'm from Delta
You speak ika (agbor)?

babe call her sef Virginprincess (sweet sexxy name)...instead of toasting her to see if u can smash...u askin if she spek aka Gbon gbon..
bro r u ok? (no oofense)
angry
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by DamnnNiggarr: 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2020
Shortyy:

I think you guys bring this bride price issue up everytime to excuse your callous behavior towards women. It's not cool seriously. I know women that struggle in their respective homes. Work hard just like the hubby to make their marriages work. Some even work hard more than the hubbies, yet the so called hubbies go about misbehaving just cuz they paid bride price? Oh c'mon that's a silly excuse. No one forced you to marry this girl, y'all fell in love, dated, then married. Made promises to each other. Then because you paid bride price, you decide to be irresponsible? That's not cool.

If a woman suggests to pay bride price I'm pretty sure 95% of y'all won't agree, because of your ego.

Abagi! stop shifting goal post,

your comment now make it looks like only the men are the bad eggs and women are saints,
c'mon let me not go deeper in it,
we read every day about paternity fraud (like I said earlier, I don't want to go deeper) and other atrocities perpetrated by women against men,

now, based on your comment, men are the bad and dangerous ones in relationship.
issoright.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by virginprincess(f): 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2020
MrCork:

babe call her sef Virginprincess (sweet sexxy name)...instead of toasting her to see if u can smash...u askin if she spek aka Gbon gbon..
bro r u ok? (no oofense)
angry
No need to say that ! if really what am saying is true, that means jerrico1 happen to be my cousin brother, so no need of toasting.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Shortyy(f): 8:56pm On Oct 12, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
Abagi! stop shifting goal post,

your comment now make it looks like only the men are the bad eggs and women are saints,
c'mon let me not go deeper in it,
we read every day about paternity fraud (like I said earlier, I don't want to go deeper) and other atrocities perpetrated by women against men,

now, based on your comment, men are the bad and dangerous ones in relationship.
issoright.
I'm not shifting goal post. I'm responding based on your previous post.
"Until women start paying bride price, men will continue to do as they please"
That's what I'm responding to.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by tnerro1(m): 8:56pm On Oct 12, 2020
It’s a man’s world, if you like cry from now to 2050, it will not change anything.

4 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by fattprince(m): 8:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
MhisTahrah:

How about a thread where a guy was complaining about his wife that was cheating and a girl telling him to give the wife attention that its the guy's fault that the wife was cheating. Meanwhile the attention the wife wasn't getting was due to the guy's work to make ends meet. Did my comment make sense to you?

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by chinchonglee(m): 8:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
MhisTahrah:

Go nd sleep abeg
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
MrCork:

bro r u ok? (no oofense)
angry

Eleribuu,,,,grin

Werey nah sex go kill you if you're not carefultongue

Anyway dat convo dey crack me up,,,,see d way I'm laughing grin

The boy might be a small boy when she knew him,,or what did you think,,,
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by jericco1(m): 9:02pm On Oct 12, 2020
MrCork:

bro r u ok? (no oofense)
angry

grin grin
Bros leave me na
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by MrCork: 9:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
virginprincess:
No need to say that ! if really what am saying is true, that means jerrico1 happen to be my cousin brother, so no need of toasting.

..ok. so u saying Jerrico1 don't like women coz he gay....correct? Ok for him then coz I hate gay people. Me am a good guy & I smash anything. I love taller women thou. Please do u kindly were thong?am ready to smash please cheesy
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by jericco1(m): 9:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
virginprincess:
Yes i am from ika(paternal), but i no what i am saying, does your mum has a sister named Philo?

I can't disclose any of such sensitive information here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Problems Only Handsome Guys Will Understand / Letter To Light-Skinned Females / I make N80k - N100k per porn movie - Nigerian porn star, Savage Trap Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.