Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men (13462 Views)

Hypocrisy of men claiming Alpha male online. / 10 Times Nigerian Men Married Foreign Women. / Noxolo Mampa, The South African Lady Who Bashed Nigerian men Finally Apologized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by fati2001(m): 8:21am On Oct 13, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Lolz look at this small Yarinya dat was betrothed to a Mallam with big prick, u too dey get mouth talk too abi?

btw who in their right state of mind uses, Caplocks to post? did u finish secondary school at all?

AS I SAID EARLIER === UR BRAIN ACCESSORIES ARE LOCATED AROUND UR PELVIC AREA.

GUY KEEP DISPLAYING YOUR STUPIDITY IN THE NAME OF DISSING OR CATCHING FUN.

I'M USING CAPITAL LETTERS SO THAT YOU CAN READ MY LINES CORRECTLY.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:29am On Oct 13, 2020
fati2001:

AS I SAID EARLIER === MY BRAIN ACCESSORIES ARE LOCATED AROUND MY LOOSE VAGINA AREA.

I WILL KEEP DISPLAYING MY STUPIDITY IN THE NAME OF DISSING OR CATCHING FUN.

I'M USING CAPITAL LETTERS BECAUSE I'M DUMB.
K
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by fati2001(m): 8:33am On Oct 13, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
K

LAME!

THAT'S WHY I SAID YOU AND SENSES ARE ENEMIES.

CLEARLY EDITED VERSION OF MY COMMENT.... YOU NEED TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT...

IF YOU WANNA EDIT... DO IT PROPERLY PLS.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:37am On Oct 13, 2020
fati2001:

STUPID!

THAT'S WHY I SAID ME AND SENSES ARE WORST ENEMIES.

I DON'T THINK I WILL HAVE COMMON SENSE, BECAUSE THEY HAVE USED IT FOR SUYA....
k
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by fati2001(m): 8:39am On Oct 13, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
k

YEAP, YOU TALKING ABOUT URSELF...

SELF DISSER... DISSING HIMSELF BY EDITING COMMENTS....

PLS TRY ANOTHER ONE.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:55am On Oct 13, 2020
fati2001:

YEAP, I'M TALKING ABOUT MYSELF...

I'M UNPRODUCTIVE... A NONSENSE PERSON WHO MARRIED AT THE AGE OF 13....

k
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by fati2001(m): 8:58am On Oct 13, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
k

LAME!

SOUND LIKE A MOSQUITO REPELLENT.

ITS A DISGRACE FOR A MAMA TO SEE HER RETARDED BASTARD CHILD SHE CALLED SON... SPILLING OUT ALL HER DARK SECRET.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:59am On Oct 13, 2020
fati2001:

LAME!

I'M TOO DUMB AND UNPRODUCTIVE.
k
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by fati2001(m): 9:06am On Oct 13, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
k

YEAH, YOU ARE DUMB AND UNPRODUCTIVE

THIS IS THE RESULT OF A WATERY SEMEN THAT LACK ALL THE NECESSARY GOOD STUFFS OF PRODUCTION BEEN MIXED UP WITH AN INFECTED OVA THAT HAS BEEN CONSUMED BY FUNGI AND ALGAE
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:55am On Oct 13, 2020
fati2001:

YEAH, I'M DUMB AND UNPRODUCTIVE

THIS IS THE RESULT OF A WATERY SEMEN THAT LACK ALL THE NECESSARY GOOD STUFFS OF PRODUCTION BEEN MIXED UP WITH AN INFECTED OVA THAT HAS BEEN CONSUMED BY FUNGI AND ALGAE, I'M A VERY STUPID YARINYA
k
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by fati2001(m): 9:57am On Oct 13, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
k
MORE LIKE WAYWARD HEGOAT.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:58am On Oct 13, 2020
fati2001:
I'M
MORE LIKE A WAYWARD SHEGOAT.
k
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Cherez: 10:30am On Oct 13, 2020
But going through the thread the pics below was what I saw too
So, not all men support cheating don't make it seem so

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 13, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

sorry for the late reply I got stuck in hold-up while coming back from work,

now, @the bolded green, I'm not talking about emotions, I'm talking about financial and responsibility sacrifices, men do that more than ladies...who emotions epp!

now @the bolded serif, that's a blatant lie from the pit of hell, any man that takes a woman who professed her feelings to him for granted, is not just a slowpoke but also a Playboy, believe me that he can also play any girl that comes his way.
ladies should give it a try before starting to complain.
Are they forced to do it?Be honest

It's like you're not living in Nigeria.The women that tried it in the past got burnt. grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 13, 2020
FearlessOG:

Lol!!! This is typical. Your title is: "The hypocrisy of Nigerian men." Then you go on to talk about how some Nigerian men generalize and bash Nigerian women whenever a lady makes the news for something bad. And then you cited an example of such a case (the key phrase here being "an example"wink. Then after I have played the Devil's Advocate to show you that such generalization and bashing goes both ways, also citing other examples of scenarios analogical to yours (key phrase here being "other examples"wink, you decide to "restrict" the core of your argument (double standards, generalization, and bashing of women) to only cheating, which you only cited as an example.
Pray tell, is your gripe with double standards, generalization, and bashing of women restricted to only cheating (I seriously doubt this), or you realized that there are far more instances of double standards, generalization, and bashing of men committed by women that you are either not aware of or have chosen to ignore? More importantly, do you realize that "an example" (which you gave) is only one out of numerous other instances (examples) that supports an argument?
I failed to state clearly that this thread is based on just one example and its evidence; the 'cheating' thread which I provided the link for, I apologize.I do realize that the double standards and hypocrisy meted out on women by their male counterparts extends beyond the cheating example I gave.This thread will address only cheating as it is the only one I have provided evidence for.
If you would be honest with yourself, you'd see that the instances where females are the oppressors are few and far between.One thing worthy of note is that these females are almost always tackled(even by other females), insulted and have their comments hidden/reported while the males guilty of the same offence are cheered with many likes and quotes.Herein lies the problem.
Defend as you may, you cannot deny the fact that a lot of male nairalanders are hypocrites and exhibit double standards on sensitive issues such as infidelity among married couples, that should be condemned by all and sundry.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 13, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Lols don't mind NL alfa makes ooo.
They're always living out their fantasies on NL.
They have fantasies of marrying 7 women at will and having those 7 women feed and take care of themselves and their children.
For some their fantasy is to have a babe that will be providing for herself and him at the same time,kneeling down to serve him food and tolerating his excesses and cheating behaviour at the same time.
In real life they are sending campus girls [/i]the urgent 2k[i] and more for the few of them that have the money cheesy cheesy grin grin
They can't say all these their rubbish they said on that thread in real life.
So pls don't take them seriously.
Just allow them live their dreams till they wake up to reality.
Lmao, nairaland Alfa males are really something else. grin

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Magnoliaa(f): 11:27am On Oct 13, 2020
Gerrard59:

MhisTahrah,

Here lies the issue: men invest financially more than women in a typical Nigerian married life. He who pays the piper dictates the tune. Until modern day women start investing as much as men do, it would be hard to fight against the privilege that come with men cheating. Unfortunately, women are hypergamous species. Fortunately, we live in a time where both men and women have equal rights. So if your man (boyfriend or husband) cheats on you, nothing stops you from leaving him. And when you do, don't give a fvck about what people say.

Please, shut the fuvk up! Shut up with these baseless, stupid lies y'all peddle. In which typical Nigerian married lives?? Invest what?? Where??

Is it the women that are becoming men and heads in their homes that are lazy?? Do not contribute?? Their emotional investments alone are not enough consideration for the men to respect them, abi?? Hypergamous species and we are still broke lots?? Lmaoo. Why I never marry rich/abrodian man since, or did not descend from a royal family?

Your last sentences are about the only things you said right.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by CosmicPhoenix: 11:52am On Oct 13, 2020
mango how far

Magnoliaa:

Please, shut the fuvk up! Shut up with these baseless, stupid lies y'all peddle. In which typical Nigerian married lives?? Invest what?? Where??

Is it the women that are becoming men and heads in their homes that are lazy?? Do not contribute?? Their emotional investments alone are not enough consideration for the men to respect them, abi?? Hypergamous species and we are still broke lots?? Lmaoo. Why I never marry rich/abrodian man since, or did not descend from a royal family?

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 13, 2020
Gerrard59:

Yes. He who pays the piper dictates the tune. Same applies in daily situations. Anyone who is a major provider naturally wants to make the rules and do whatever he or she likes. The vast majority of Nigerian men are the ones taking care (the bulk part) of their families, at least during early stages of married life. BTW, how come you dodged the hypergamous aspect? Does that not play a role in a woman choosing a reliable payer while she is the piper?

In cases where wives earn more than their husbands, the wives become domineering and exerting control, which corroborates my earlier point of paying the piper and dictating the tune. I don't get why she was bashed, quite unfortunate but that is her problem not mine.

Well, someone mentioned testosterone as a reason which is plausible. As for the "wife must be doing something wrong" or people casting aspersions on the female gender, well, you should know by now that many Nlders are mad but few are roaming.
And I'm telling you that it goes beyond financial responsibilities on the husband.It is much deeper because in some homes where the women are the breadwinners, their husbands often feel emasculated and they deliberately frustrate their wives.How do you want to explain the rising incidence of gender-based domestic violence among Nigerian families in diaspora(USA), the husbands sponsor their wives migration, wives come with their nursing degrees and get a better paying job than their partners and they(husbys) suddenly flip and murder their wives.Money is just one of the various tools men use to subjugate women.
Hypergamy is not gender specific.Besides, associating with something/someone we perceive to be of a higher status than us is not limited to romance, everyone wants that connection, higher paying job, e.t.c.

I couldn't agree less with this, there are loads of women who earn more than their husbands but no outsider and even their children would ever know.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Magnoliaa(f): 12:03pm On Oct 13, 2020
CosmicPhoenix:
mango how far

Sour and suck dry as hxll.

You?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Gerrard59(m): 12:05pm On Oct 13, 2020
MhisTahrah:
And I'm telling you that it goes beyond financial responsibilities on the husband.It is much deeper because in some homes where the women are the breadwinners, their husbands often feel emasculated and they deliberately frustrate their wives.How do you want to explain the rising incidence of gender-based domestic violence among Nigerian families in diaspora(USA), the husbands sponsor their wives migration, wives come with their nursing degrees and get a better paying job than their partners and they(husbys) suddenly flip and murder their wives.Money is just one of the various tools men use to subjugate women.
Hypergamy is not gender specific.Besides, associating with something/someone we perceive to be of a higher status than us is not limited to romance, everyone wants that connection, higher paying job, e.t.c.

I couldn't agree less with this, there are loads of women who earn more than their husbands but no outsider and even their children would ever know.

That is hypergamy playing out. How many newly wedded couples do you see the woman earning more than the man or being richer than the man? Then you said hypergamy is not gender specific? shocked C'mon, the average female is hypergamous. It has been studied for eons so saying it is not gender specific whereas it is exhibited by every female globally across status, race, cultures and countries is a lie, and you know it. Yes, everyone desires the best but in relationships, females go the extreme because that is their natural state.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Magnoliaa(f): 12:06pm On Oct 13, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
I'm not in support of cheating but women shouldn't cheat because their men cheated, at the end of the day they get all the blames and are likely to be on the losing part and may also be on the receiving end of every negative judgements from the society.

what I'm saying in essence is that, even you Shortyy cheats because your husband cheated, you'll be shocked to see your own mum pin all the blames on you.

men have their own way of getting judged which is quite different from the judgement women receives.

Then we become shameless; chest our misdemeanors, and scatter everything. From the expectations on both genders to the consequences they get.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Gerrard59(m): 12:07pm On Oct 13, 2020
Magnoliaa:

You are a feminazi, so I am not surprised by your outbursts. I have come across you ilks on Twitter. I am here to tell you that I am not the cause of your frustration. Take it elsewhere.

Unam ikot!

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 13, 2020
Gerrard59:

That is hypergamy playing out. How many newly wedded couples do you see the woman earning more than the man or being richer than the man? Then you said hypergamy is not gender specific? shocked C'mon, the average female is hypergamous. It has been studied for eons so saying it is not gender specific whereas it is exhibited by every female globally across status, race, cultures and countries is a lie, and you know it. Yes, everyone desires the best but in relationships, females go the extreme because that is their natural state.
Men can also be said to be hypogamous, your argument goes both ways in fact.They go for women they are richer than in order to subjugate them.One can infer from your post that the majority of men deliberately get married to women who are of lower financial status than them, it also supports my statement that when these women get financial breakthrough and earn more then their husbands, the husbands feel emasculated and misbehave.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by CosmicPhoenix: 12:38pm On Oct 13, 2020
Stressed out and angry

I'm guessing you're a feminist now judging by your signature

Magnoliaa:

Sour and suck dry as hxll.

You?

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Lordfave98: 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2020
Zabiboy:

Let's not deceive ourselves NO WOMAN WOULD ENTER A MARRIAGE WHERE SHE WOULD BEAR THE WHOLE FINANCIAL BURDENS ( most wont even enter at a 70%(man)-30%(woman) split)..
I won't agree with everything you just said, well it's true no woman would want to enter a home where they would bear much or any responsibility but some marry their spouse even knowing they are better than him for the sake of love, even believing that the guy has a bright future ahead of him and later go on regreting ever entering such home because the potential they saw in him didn't manifest leading to them bearing the bulk of the responsibilities in the family. I have witnessed such upfront in several families which sometimes leads to strife in the family.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Lordfave98: 12:43pm On Oct 13, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
what about your own family,
who foots the bill, you or your wife??
Won't ever let my wife do such. BTW I ain't married yet.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by bukatyne(f): 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2020
Zabiboy:

Every single Human on this earth is a Hypocrite..
Both Me, you, the O.P, our parents e.t.c ...
Even our children, grandchildren and generations to come would still be hypocrites...
Denying the above further highlights the hypocrisy in you

Hahahahahahaha

This was hilarious!
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Lordfave98: 12:51pm On Oct 13, 2020
Silentgroper:
Hol up! .. All what his write up entails is nt 4 d woman to own up d larger percent of d responsibities but to own as much or close to. Get me!
Which is what lead to me saying such that there are thousands out there who not only own close to d percent of d man but more than the man. lets end this argument please. I consider it a huge disgrace to the man for a woman to be d breadwinner of an home when there is nothing wrong with him. well grace differs.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by Magnoliaa(f): 1:00pm On Oct 13, 2020
CosmicPhoenix:
[color=#006600]
Stressed out and angry

I'm guessing you're a feminist now judging by your signature

Eyahh. By the country we find ourselves in, abi??

Izz alright. We're all stressed and angry. At the corruption, killings, everything.

Hehe. Maybe it's good I put it out there... How/why/where did you get the idea that I was never one?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by FearlessOG: 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2020
MhisTahrah:
I failed to state clearly that this thread is based on just one example and its evidence; the 'cheating' thread which I provided the link for, I apologize.I do realize that the double standards and hypocrisy meted out on women by their male counterparts extends beyond the cheating example I gave.This thread will address only cheating as it is the only one I have provided evidence for.
If you would be honest with yourself, you'd see that the instances where females are the oppressors are few and far between.One thing worthy of note is that these females are almost always tackled(even by other females), insulted and have their comments hidden/reported while the males guilty of the same offence are cheered with many likes and quotes.Herein lies the problem.
Defend as you may, you cannot deny the fact that a lot of male nairalanders are hypocrites and exhibit double standards on sensitive issues such as infidelity among married couples, that should be condemned by all and sundry.

Lol!!! I can now see and understand why you chose to restrict the premise of your argument to “just one example.” Superficially, it seems to lend credence to your argument and perhaps, may make sense to you. When examined deeply though, it fails woefully to establish cogency. There’s a very good reason there’s something called a “weight of evidence approach.” Otherwise, anyone can just come up with an assertion/hypothesis, provide one or, at most, two examples, then give themselves a pat on the back for a job well done.
Secondly, the link you provided does not necessarily do justice to your argument, since, as a couple of commenters have rightly noted in this thread (including one with a screenshot for proof), there were also lots of comments from men that condemned cheating in that thread. Furthermore, it is imperative to realize that continuous back and forth between a few monikers with dissenting opinions on a subject matter, thus stretching the thread into several pages, is distinctly different from a preponderance of one gender wholly supporting one specific opinion/school of thought. Learn the difference between the two!!!
When you say that “the instances where females are the oppressors are few and far between” are you again referring to just one specific example? And what is your definition of oppressors? It’ll be important to know these, before I even reply to that statement, so you do not start “side stepping” again, as one Nairalander accurately put it.
Your comment – “these females are almost always tackled (even by other females)” – goes both ways. And permit me to state boldly that there are actually fewer instances where females tackle other females. But I’ll make it even more interesting – In threads with the most vile, hateful, and misogynistic comments from some men, there is no shortage of other men who are tackling them. In threads with the most vile, hateful, and man-hating comments from some women, it is a rarity to see other females tackle their own. A quick example that is very common on Nairaland: When a man makes a downright degrading comment about women, there are other men (and definitely women) that tackle him and apply that same comment to his mother/sister/female relatives. On the contrary, would you be kind enough to show me a thread on Nairaland where a woman makes a downright degrading comment about men, and other females (not men) tackle her and apply that same comment to her father/brother/male relatives? I’ll gladly wait…
Talking about comments being hidden/reported, it also goes both ways. In fact, the last instance of this scenario that I witnessed was a female that reported a male on a “SARS-related thread” and the male’s comments were hidden. This happened just a few days ago. I have chosen not to mention the monikers involved. Do not even dare think that reporting/hiding of comments is a one-way-street.
Lastly, would you be “honest with yourself” (using your own words) and kindly address the irony that the title of your thread (The Hypocrisy of Nigerian Men) is actually a generalization on its own?
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Nigerian Men by CosmicPhoenix: 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2020
I have never seen you talk about it anywhere or maybe I missed it somewhere

Magnoliaa:

Eyahh. By the country we find ourselves in, abi??

Izz alright. We're all stressed and angry. At the corruption, killings, everything.

Hehe. Maybe it's good I put it out there... How/why/where did you get the idea that I was never one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Where Did I Go Wrong With My Boyfriend In This Situation? / Large Milk Factory, Nigeria Instagram Model Lady With Huge Boobs Shows It Off / Why Are Fine Girls Always Very Difficult To Get?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.