Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,772 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) (36233 Views)

Man Brutally Murders His Parents In Malawi (Photos) / 10-Year-Old Boy Chained By His Parents In Akwa Ibom For "Being Possessed Demons" / Charity Ngozi Ezeh Raped And Murdered In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by NwekeUG(m): 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2020
Earlier thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6174351/man-kills-both-parents-over

IgbereTV reports that the Enugu State Police Command has confirmed the arrest of a 45-year-old man identified as Michael Ugwuanyi, who smashed his parents to death with pestle at Mkporogwu, Iheakpu Awka, in Igbo-Eze South Local Government Area of the state.

The incident happened on Sunday, 11th October, 2020.

Spokesperson of the command, Daniel Ndukwe, who confirmed the development said that the Commissioner of Police has directed that the case be transferred to State Criminal Investigation Department for further investigation and prosecution.

It was gathered that the mother of the suspect, Florence Ugwuanyi, was pounding cassava in the kitchen on Saturday evening when the suspect snatched the pestle from her and smashed her head for unknown reasons.

According to Titus Ugwuoke, the Chief Adviser on Security Matters in the community and a member of the monarch’s cabinet, to stop his father Julius Ugwuanyi from alerting neighbours, the suspect seized the same pestle and also smashed the old man's head.

After killing his parents, the suspect called his relations on the phone alleging that both deceased fell sick after eating cooked beans.

Ugwuoke said that the deceased couple's first son, Pius Ugwuanyi, called him on the phone at about 4 am on Sunday morning and pleaded that he should go to his parents' house and check on them.

When Ugwuoke and his wife, who is a practising nurse, got to the house, they met the suspect who informed them that his parents have gone to the hospital for treatment.

The couple returned home but the first son called again and told him that the suspect informed him to return home from Abuja immediately because their parents were in critical condition.

“I decided to arrest him with the Neighbourhood Watch personnel since he refused to disclose the name of the hospital where his parents went for treatment," Ugwuoke explained.

"It was in the midst of this apprehension and confusion that Daniel, who is a younger brother to the late Julius, went to the kitchen axis and raised the alarm. On rushing there, we discovered the lifeless bodies of the suspect’s parents covered with clothes. I uncovered the clothes and what I saw was beyond my explanation, it was gory, to say the least. Their brain cells were splashed on the floor.” he added.

Speaking to the reporters on Monday, the suspect’s eldest brother, Pius, said that Michael has been a torn in the flesh of the family.

According to him, the suspect refused to join him in Abuja where he is doing business. Each time the family tried to set him up for business he would squander the money and return to the village to make more demands.

"My brother has cost me money. In 2008, I went to Yola because I got a distress call that he locked himself in a room for seven days. The neighbours informed me that he stopped trading for that period of time. They told me that he would always answer them when they knocked on his door but would not open it despite their persuasions. They suspected he was mentally ill," he narrated.

"When I got there, I called him and he queried what I came there to do. I persuaded him to open the door and when he did, he asked me why I was coming to look for him after abandoning him to suffer all these years. He demanded that I give him money for feeding, which I did,"

"A friend who went with me, after close observation, told me he needed psychiatrist attention. I mobilised policemen who went with me to arrest him. We took him to a psychiatrist home, that was where he manifested a bit of insanity. He told me how his pastor wanted to kill him."

"He also told me that I took him there so that he would be killed, but after treatment, he became stable. We were there for seven days. I packed his belongings and returned home with him. We took him to an adoration ground at Umuida in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area of Enugu State, where he became well before returning to the village with us,” he explained.

https://igberetvnews.com/1368162/police-confirms-arrest-man-killed-parents-enugu-photos/

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by NwekeUG(m): 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2020
More
Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by GrapDesign(m): 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2020
cool
Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by jefff455: 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2020
Atleast he has gotten vengeance
Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by Righteousness89(m): 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2020
The Sort of things we hear and see these days are Really too Heavy for the Ears and Eyes..

Lucifer is Working round the Clock to Steal, Kill, Destroy and Smash Destinies..

I am Quite Sure the Devils he allowed to use him have left Him to His Fate!

If you Really need to be Victorious in these Evil and Wicked End times,
Ephesians 6:10-18 Should be Daily Prayed in..

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by LukasPodolski: 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2020
Look at the environment..

It's time Igbos start developing their Homeland, stop developing Lagos, Accra, Kano, Cape Town etcetera.

igboland needs help.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by PureGoldh(m): 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2020
Very soon fowl go dey shed tears because of the bad bad things wey dey happen inside dx world

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by Abiamaka(m): 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
This one na Oloriibu o

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by NaijaCover(m): 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
Nawa o
Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by Mayng01(m): 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
This is serious
Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by Sunofgod(m): 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
So they arrested the corpses as well?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
RIP to his parent

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by donprinyo(m): 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
Vigilante arrest man

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by HeadShot: 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
Mental health is not regarded ....

Such a pity

10 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by ngozika2us(m): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sad day!
Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by MarveworldNG: 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
You kill your parents over little issues? How will you stay alive to always remember that

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by aremuforlife(m): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
The guy is mentally derailed, he has jnce locked himself for seven days in a shop, and you guys failed to check his mental wellness.

16 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by Vanzcharles(m): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
The rate evil has eaten up the world today is alarming. Every single day strange news, deaths, fire incidents, collapsed buildings, police brutality.

Imagine ending the life of his parents, A shame.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by Ustec: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by sageb: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
Angel Michael should just blow the trumpet. We are tired of this kind of news.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by UceeGod: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
We need to start placing a premium on mental health in this country

10 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by GOATandYAMtheory: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
This can only happen in the potor region

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by Incandescent(m): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
Abomination

Every evil manipulation for me to do evil, fall down & die
Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by Ajibade123(m): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
Like for #endBUHARI Share for #endBUHARI

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by Zico5(m): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
What's this grown up man like this still doing in his parents house. How could a parent still allow this kind of nonsense in the 21st millennium. It's absurd and totally degrading. Well, all I can say is that the parents call for what happened to them. It's not really new in that area.
Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
Enugu state is in God's hands.

Na Ugwuanyi cousin be this?
Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by judedavinci: 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
RIP to the dead, but let's face the reality of this issue. There is no smoke without fire. Some parents go into convenants from covens and esoteric organizations when sourcing for money, power or promotion. I am sure they must have locked this guy's life up and he had to retaliate after seeing how wasted his life is and at such an age.
Re: Police Arrest Man Who Killed His Parents In Enugu (Photos) by Offpoint1: 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
My "sin-party" to those who will share same cell with him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Exotic Vehicles Recovered From Car Snatching Syndicate In Anambra State. Photos / Two Nigerians Arrested In Ghana For Kidnapping And Human Trafficking / Cyber Fraud: Forensic Investigations Indict Naira Marley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.