Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

"My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest (40197 Views)

Teni Slams Twitter Troll Who Said She Had Surgery To Lose Weight (Photos) / Hanks Anuku Finally Breaks His Silence On Recent Viral Video About Him (Video) / My Mother Had Like 6 Tattoos - Davido Hails Late Mum's Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by EBMedia: 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2020
Burna Boy has given reasons why he was silent when the #EndSARS protest started last week, IgbereTV reports.

Nigerians took to Twitter last week to blast the singer for being ''silent'' on the protest.

In a series of tweets posted this evening, the singer said he was dealing with a personal family problem when the protests began. According to him, his mum had surgery last week and he had to focus his attention on her health.

He wrote:

"I was Dealing with a Personal Family issue at the Beginning of these Protests . My mum Had Serious Surgery last week! We were all invested in making sure she recovers! i am not about that “put it all out on social media” life.We decided the focus must solely be on this protest."
https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1315665067829006337?s=19

"In life before you reach conclusions it’s always good to check as you don’t know what people are going through . Play whatever song you like at these Protests but Let’s just keep fighting Together. Follow@protectng2020 we are here to help#sarsmustend #EndPoliceBrutalityinNigeria"
https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1315665395664252931?s=19

"Everyone that needs data to stay online please reach out to @protectng2020 we’re trying to get more info on arrested protesters #SARSMUSTEND"
https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1315665564287803393?s=19

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by chatinent: 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
Yawns.

122 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Manuel69: 7:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
Okoto

45 Likes

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by SARSUPDATE: 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2020
Scammer...

132 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Completelife: 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2020
Ok
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by inoki247: 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
Ogbeni ma Fi eh jo pa mi

emi gan ni eh jo lo wo

DR. Burna.... go nd take ur Marijuana meds nd calm down nobody ask u to shalaye

140 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by majamajic(m): 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
grin grin grin

As a doctor

71 Likes

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Wawelexy(m): 7:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
Ok,

So are u the surgeon or assisstant doctor in the theatre,

Abi ur mom needs to see ur face while being operated?

Oga, it better for u not to say anything than this trash u just said...

Anyways, it's never too late to join,

ENDBADGOVERNMENT

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by GOATandYAMtheory: 7:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
Why are all these celebs giving one excuse or the other for not being part of the protest?

To me, it is not necessary. I may choose to be a part of it or not be a part of it. it's my choice.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Ever8090: 7:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
She had sugar and you were giving her salt abi?...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Ehiscotch(m): 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
I don't even know what to say to the silly comments above me, honestly, a lot of mentally unbalanced people on Nairaland.

Burna, take all the time you want, you are not an elected or appointed government official; it's your prerogative to protest or otherwise.

181 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by BigBrother9ja: 7:35pm On Oct 12, 2020
It will not be well with all these fools asking that the protests should stop.
Senseless bastards!

Has SARS been truly banned?

Na today dem just dey ban them?

Has the police been reformed?

Have those killer cops been prosecuted?

WHEN GEORGE FLODD'S KILLER WAS ARRESTED, WAS THEIR PROTEST STOPPED?

I Stan with continuous protest until that idǐotic Fulani man outed!

#REVOLUTION NOW!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Duru9(m): 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2020
Naira Marley say mom
You too say Mom

Una don see how far they've gone una wan de identify

Hypocrites

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Folabifreeman(m): 7:40pm On Oct 12, 2020
Like for Davido. Share for Burna Boy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by NobleAngell(f): 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2020
You're forgiven Burna. Quick recovery to your mom.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by SAMBARRY: 7:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
grin

Taloberey ejo lowoe? grin cheesy

Somebody is being harassed by guilty conscience wink

4 Likes

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Guyman02: 7:58pm On Oct 12, 2020
Kudos to Burna Boy for looking after his mum, despite his situation he still made money available for billboards to be erected in many bus stops which sent a strong message to the authorities.
Just like in Catholic church, some are chosen to become priests who spread the gospel in distant lands as missionaries, others duty is to fund the priests and take care of those they are leaving behind at home, some provide funds to train seminarians and other Church activities.
Not everyone is expected on the streets and I commend BB for doing his part while taking care of Mama

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by sammy329(m): 7:58pm On Oct 12, 2020
I don't know why #Endsars protesters are coercing celebrities against their wish. A lot of those celebrities protesting are doing it under pressure angry angry

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Abusadiq01(m): 7:58pm On Oct 12, 2020
Abi u too ur mother tell u say make u no join the protest nee?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by heckymaicon(m): 7:58pm On Oct 12, 2020
Ilovedemmanna
GOATandYAMtheory
Silvernorgold
Funmike
Buygala
Mabraine
Gotv
Simplyfacts
E.t.c

My prayer for the above monikers is that may KARMA visit you guys soon.

8 Likes

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by EyezofGod120: 7:58pm On Oct 12, 2020
angry na naira Marley fall my hand pass,,,it really pain me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
Na wa o, isn't it better not to say anything
Glad they listened to the youths...

1 Like

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Tonylyte(m): 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
Your sins have been forgiven!
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Rahkman: 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
grin haha most of this naija artiste don lose their street credibility
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Omoslim26: 8:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
ok

But who ask am

4 Likes

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by sammysmiles(m): 8:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
G
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by sammy7410(m): 8:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
My mama dey 4 house
I no want die
I want build house
I get one child
I want enjoy Fela don tell us dis things since
All na Format

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Mekudi: 8:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
Coward

2 Likes

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by funmike83(f): 8:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
H
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Kingrefreshed: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
EBMedia:
Burna Boy has given reasons why he was silent when the #EndSARS protest started last week, IgbereTV reports.

Nigerians took to Twitter last week to blast the singer for being ''silent'' on the protest.

In a series of tweets posted this evening, the singer said he was dealing with a personal family problem when the protests began. According to him, his mum had surgery last week and he had to focus his attention on her health.

He wrote:

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1315665067829006337?s=19

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1315665395664252931?s=19

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1315665564287803393?s=19

He's bigger than Nigeria in his Ojulegba mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am An Actor, Not A Ritualist — Yul Edochie / Temi Otedola Slaying At Her Doorsteps / Meraiah Ekeinde Graduates From High School In US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.