Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP (35462 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Attack Police Unit In Imo (Video, Pics) / SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit / Buhari Commissions New Police Vehicles And Police Crime Database Centre (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Empiree: 2:39am On Oct 13, 2020
2. Recently, I walked into a Nigerian post office to claim a parcel,
The ‘big’ woman behind the counter took a long look at me and bellowed from her nose ‘what do you want?’,
The nasty way she spoke almost had me fleeing through the nearest exit.
Yet, it wasn’t that I had met her before or offended her prior.

My only offence was that I was a Nigerian like her seeking her services.
She was just being the typical Nigerian with advantage or power.
She was just being like the rest of us.
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Empiree: 2:40am On Oct 13, 2020
3. Have you walked into our hospitals?
Did you observe the manner senior doctors address their junior doctors and their patients?
Or the way older nurses treat younger nurses? The way nurses attend to relatives of sick people?
Or the way and manner our pastors speak to and relate with their congregations?
Or the way Nigerian families treat their maids?
Or the way our lecturers harass their students and being extremely mean to them?
Or the way bus conductors and drivers address their passengers?
Or the way drivers cuss at and curse at other drivers in a traffic?
Or the way our airport staff handle travellers?
Or the way policemen and women treat drivers and highway users?
Or the oppression bosses mete out at work to those under them?
Or the way politicians treat their fellow Nigerians?
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Empiree: 2:40am On Oct 13, 2020
4. Nigerians are simply not civil.
Treating your fellow human beings with dignity and respect is what is called civility.
When you are brute, disrespectful and unrefined in your dealings of others, you are said to be uncivil or uncivilised.
An uncivilised person is not better than cave men, brutes, or at best an animal.
Civilisation is mainly determined by how people speak and treat each other in a society.
You are not a human being until you respect those below you same way you respect those above you.
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Empiree: 2:41am On Oct 13, 2020
5. Nigerians, we are not civilised.
We behave like animals when handed power or advantage, even if it is very little.
If a Nigerian is a quarter mile above you, he will ‘show you’
We lack civility at every level in Nigeria.
This disease affects both educated and non-educated Nigerians.

If you dare step a foot on a Nigerian, you could be making the mistake of your life.
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Empiree: 2:43am On Oct 13, 2020
6. I schooled for a while in Europe.
Everyday, I had to go to class through the metro system which was often so busy especially during the rush hour.
If you by mistake step your foot on a European during rush hour, he is likely to look back and apologise to you.
That happened to me a number of times.
Yes, you read that correctly.
He didn’t match a foot on me, I did, yet he chose to apologise because he is civil.
Yet I could only dream what my fate would have been had it been in my beloved Africa.
Slaps and curses would have been my options.

As students in Europe, our teachers would appreciate us profusely for coming to class.
They count it a privilege to tutor us.
It was same attitude with doctors, nurses, taxi drivers, government officials etc.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Empiree: 2:43am On Oct 13, 2020
7. Every society has brutes (including Europe),
but remotely I will place the brutes around 5% of their society.
By contrast, I will project that 95% of Nigerians are uncivilised and brutes.
Less than 5% of our society understand what respect and dignity for others mean.
(Subject to a later research as I intend to publish a paper on workplace incivility in Nigeria)
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Empiree: 2:44am On Oct 13, 2020
8. We are Nigeria,
Nigerians are we.
We are SARS.
SARS are we.
The SARS attitude is the Nigerian attitude.
The SARS way is how most of us behave,
From the least to the greatest among us.

You have not known a Nigerian until you give him power, gun or a little edge above his brothers.

The moment a Nigerian gets power,
Do you know what he would do first with it?
He will seek out his brothers and destroy them one by one.
It’s the way of an animal, a brute and an uncivilised man.
It happened when the colonialists arrived our shores for the first time,
Nigerians captured one another (in exchange for gifts) from the slave-man.
It’s still happening same way today.
And though the colonial masters have left,
Nigerians are still colonising one another.
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Empiree: 2:45am On Oct 13, 2020
9. This explains why our politicians steal.
Majority of Nigerians are abusers or abusers in waiting.
Someone once said that the number of people currently stealing in Nigeria is not up to one percent of people waiting to steal.
We are all thieves in waiting,
We have just not gotten the opportunity to steal yet.

Incivility is why our pastors manipulate people for personal gains.
It is why our policemen and women shoot without thinking.
It is why our lecturers intimidate students and demand sex for marks.
It is why officers in almost every government office in Nigeria take and demand (not even request) bribe.

Incivility is rooted in every Nigerian.
It is rooted in our obsession to destroy our brothers and sisters just because we have a little advantage they do not have.
How then are we supposed to have a civil society that respects the right of all?
How is the right of the weakest person among us supposed to be protected?
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Empiree: 2:45am On Oct 13, 2020
10. We are not a civilised society.
We are brutes, we treat each other like animals.
The ones who went to school amongst us are worse off in this regard.
Most Nigerians are closer to the animal world than Homo sapiens.
This may seem very harsh,
But only animals treat one another the way Nigerians treat their fellow country men.

Until all these stops and we learn civility, we can kiss growth, development and progress goodbye forever in our nation.
Our children will continue to kill and maim each other because they learnt well from us.
They will continue to be strangers in foreign lands.
They will continue to die on the seas and in the deserts, in their quest to escape the hell our incivility has caused.

Nigerians we need a rebirth.
This rebirth starts with every Nigerian.
It is a decision we will make individually and collectively.
However, individually first.

Think for a moment about the person you honour and regard most in life,
Now make a decision to treat everyone like that.
That is how to build a great nation.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Empiree: 2:47am On Oct 13, 2020
11. I wouldn’t join anyone to say #EndSARS.
I will rather say end the Nigerian madness.

If we end SARS, are we going to also end the Nigerian police force?
Are we going to end our doctors?
Are we going to end the lecturers too?
Are we going to end the nurses?
Are we going to end the politicians and Pastors?
Are we going to end our civil service who treat other Nigerians like dung?
Are we going to end Nigeria?.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Empiree: 2:48am On Oct 13, 2020
12. Transforming Nigeria begins with every citizen learning civility and becoming a decent human being.

It begins with you and I.

Maybe there will be a further part to this article.
In the meantime, I want to know what you think in the comments.
Share your Nigerian story with us.

#MyNigerianStory

Yemi success, MD

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by favour32(m): 3:30am On Oct 13, 2020
CEOnurse:
Police self na official armed robbers dem be
Armed robbers in uniform
Place them in another unit and after few months watch what would come up again cos they would want to get back all the loots they missed
He is talking about investigation, so they now feel that all Nigerians crying out are telling lies? How many of the cases have they verified since complaints were made? Until one visits a station you go know. I went to police station to report a robbery incident that took place in my apartment and my gadgets taken away plus other things and after writing a statement the policeman said I will need to open a file with 5k
Imagine
Nigeria police be like shop wey dey open everyday dey pray for customers.
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by suremanpatriot: 3:40am On Oct 13, 2020
We Thank God No more gangster movement with plateless patrol vehicles.And all the culprits be tried.
MOST ESSENTIALLY FOR US,
ABEG!!! SEND ALL EX SARS TO REHAB AND AFTERWARDS REDEPLOY ALL OF THEM TO ADMIN OFFICE DESK WORK TO DO MENTAL WORK AND KEEP PUSHING FILES/ PAPERS ONLY, SO AS TO HUMBLE THEM TO A SOBER LIFE TILL THEY RETIREsad

On the new Unit pls let their be undercover Police policing the New Police unit Period.
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by April4th(m): 4:00am On Oct 13, 2020
SilverNorGold:
cheesy.. Nice one, oga IG..

This hardworking man thinks he's providing solutions, he doesn't know he's provoking wailers the more!

To please these guys - our wailing colleagues - don't try to fix things.. In fact, the more you sabotage Nigeria, the more endearing you appear to them..

Wailers are like moirologists (hired criers)... They wail, not because they are bereaved; but because, that's how they make their living... grin

But in the end, Nigeria will be great... cheesy

God bless Nigeria.
God bless us all...

Is it the same SARS officers extorting motorist tonight on the lekki Epe expressway after been disbanded? Is it an audio disbandment?
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by tollyboy5(m): 4:01am On Oct 13, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
#endyahooyahoo

As government is training these new officers they should also try to train a new Nigerian mind

Nigerian youths are all doing yahoo yahoo even those ones in secondary schools are not left out.

These new set will go out and catch lot of yahoo boys

yahoo yahoo is in the dna of many nigerian youth both home and abroad.
Hypocrite start with end corruption. Corruption is older than internet fraud in this country

I saw your stvpid thread. I wish your mum could see such nonsense. Pvssy niggas everywhere. How will your spous be ur mum?

You're very f00lish , you mean mother blackmail male child? shocked
African mum might not get it right. But their love for their son is second to none. Even me that don't really have loving heart knows mothers love is the greatest and unconditional Love.
Only a mother or father will will all their property to their son. Wife will never do such.
Get lost u pussy!!!!! angry
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by duduade: 4:08am On Oct 13, 2020
Cowards roaming the streets of Nairaland
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by West2019(m): 5:27am On Oct 13, 2020
Good we dnt need Yahoo Yahoo boys , robbery, Curtis's etc etc .thank youb IG
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Jman24(m): 5:28am On Oct 13, 2020
NSK4U:
let's protest to have Nigeria restructured, have a constitution that would allow development in Nigeria.

Endsars protest is a misplaced priority, we need to speak against the faulty foundation that birthed SARS.

You reason properly.
Kudos

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by mmsen: 5:43am On Oct 13, 2020
How about other useless officers who demand bribes and tens of thousands for bail when's there's no real case to argue? Are you going retrain those ones too.
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by joyandfaith: 5:48am On Oct 13, 2020
Someone7:
So SARS were set up to fight violent crimes? grin grin grin grin

yes. internet fraud is more popular than armed robbery now. I think they were idle and decided to make from Yahoos.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Oblitz(m): 5:55am On Oct 13, 2020
Empiree:

12. Transforming Nigeria begins with every citizen learning civility and becoming a decent human being.

It begins with you and I.

Maybe there will be a further part to this article.
In the meantime, I want to know what you think in the comments.
Share your Nigerian story with us.

#MyNigerianStory

Yemi success, MD

Fact! If you're civilized, Nigerians think you're not sharp. They'll even call you mumu.

People always say, I'm too good. That I allow people to use me. But I'm only trying to behave properly.
Ethical orientation is what we need in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:16am On Oct 13, 2020
limeta:
Lol this people are not serious
Islam is a disease
So you trained the F SARS the way they were b4.
The reason you trained them like that be for ,what happened to that reason .?

Why are SARS loved in the north and hated in south

Anyway here we belong here we stay
We will be waiting for you .go come

why?
true life experience one night in abuja i was in the bus going to area one in a bus the driver fulani young man carrying aluminum profiles fully the bus at nine clock in the night.
long story short we were stopped by some sars team when one of the them said the driver about the aluminum

omo the fulani driver raked and the fsars guy ran back and let us through

it was an eye opener for me who are actually ruling this country
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by JaceyOpara(m): 6:22am On Oct 13, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
#endyahooyahoo

As government is training these new officers they should also try to train a new Nigerian mind

Nigerian youths are all doing yahoo yahoo even those ones in secondary schools are not left out.

Did you use your brain while typing this rubbish? How can you say "Nigerian youths are all doing yahoo yahoo"? If you don't have any reasonable thing to contribute here....just stay silent in peace. Biko �
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by JimmyDarmody: 6:35am On Oct 13, 2020
madridguy:
He said officers of the disbanded unit would be retrained and given other responsibilities in the Force, but would not be reabsorbed into the new outfit.

Nonsense talk, take the disbanded unit to the North-East to join the fight against boko haram and recruit another new set of intelligent brains and not ex convicts.
I wonder why ex convicts will be made cops. It's so stupid. Why not make them something that doesn't require the use of ammunition. Imagine giving a dog bone and expecting it not to eat.
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Uzyvicks(f): 6:35am On Oct 13, 2020
These new ones probably might carry weight more than the old one, hehehe
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Abudu2000(m): 6:41am On Oct 13, 2020
lagdmark:
Most yahoo protesters wanted the IGP to dismiss all SARS units, dismiss all anti fraud unit, and give them freedom to do their cyber crime unchecked.
The crime rate in Nigeria is high, SARS should undergo more professional training, while a new intelligent force unit to tackle yahoo boz should be established.
you are nothing but a very big fool. How do u know someone is a yahoo or not? By using iPhone, carry dreadlocks? Or looking neat. Only fools will use such analysis and it actually shows that proverty has eaten deep into such person. I know most ppl like u in my hood. Education they don't have , skill they don't have, work they won't work but to sit at home day till nite profiling ppl. I know your nect word now is to call me a fraudster but whatever i am goad to look like one because proverty has no friends even the bible said so. EVEN IF YOU BE YAHOOBOY AND I KNOW SAY YOU BE YAHOOBOY I HAVE NO RIGHT I REPEAT NO RIGHT TO CONFRONT YOU. I EITHER REPORT YOU TO EFCC OR LEAVE YOU IN PEACE!! It is that simple okay.
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 13, 2020
True o but even the Nigerian govt too is into this yahoo yahoo of a thing so what to do now?

thebosstrevor1:
#endyahooyahoo

Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 13, 2020
onecoder:

I think there is an agenda to create fear in the mind of the people.
See, thi government ehn.nobody dey colect am from buhari again. See as the guy dey fresh

The South protested against SARS while North is timid. Instead, the protested against the just cause. Isn't it clear that its a Northern script?

Revolutional protest in the South may spark controversy from the Northerners. Only the middle belts can weaken their anti-south strength if they join the just cause with us.
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by loswhite(m): 7:03am On Oct 13, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
#endyahooyahoo

special anti robbery squad is not a unit for Yahoo boys. Do you think Sars was stopping Yahoo boys or extorting money from them?
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by SOLMICHAEL(m): 7:09am On Oct 13, 2020
nuelzy:
because he said the truth??!
The truth that "Nigerian youths are all doing Yahoo Yahoo..." ?
Re: EndSARS: Training Of New Police Unit Begins Next Week - IGP by MartinsD12(m): 7:17am On Oct 13, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate / Boko Haram, ISWAP Threaten To Kill Military Officers Who Captured Terrorists / Rivers Youth President Apologizes To Tinubu After Protest In Support Of Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.