Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis (20570 Views)

Seyi Tinubu Governorship Campaign Poster Surfaces - Nigerians React / Lekki Toll Gate: Seyi Tinubu, Sunday Dare Exposed By Bank Documents - Peoples Ga / Femi Fani-Kayode Writes Tinubu: A Bat From Hell And The Asiwaju Of Blood - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by aminulive: 12:38am On Oct 13, 2020
For too long, many people - young and old have been at the receiving end of actions perpetrated by some bad eggs in uniform. People whose creed it is to serve and protect but have turned on those they are sworn to serve and protect.

For too long, this has gone unchecked. I have had to - on many occasions, intervene on behalf of hardworking, young Nigerians who were caught in this web.. But what of those who did not have the privilege of "knowing someone" or making that life saving call? Call their names - Tiamiyu, Tina, Kolade, Ifeoma, Jimoh, Ayomide, Chibuike, and many more. YES, Call all their names because THEY MATTER.

As young Nigerians go around peacefully protesting for change in a fundamental flawed institution (The Nigerian Police), it is imperative that we also do this with a mindset of optimism rather than the pessimism that has beset most of our national life. Change can happen but We must not lose sight of the change we want and must also stay open to seeing when this change is occcuring or when opportunities present themselves to crete this change. We must be ready to engage at all levels from protests to advocacy to policy, prayers, lobbying, legal and other non-violent means. We must and will make our voices heard.

We must not, as a matter of legitimacy of our cause - as affected young Nigerians, give in to violent expressions of this cause.

For instance, The Rapid Response Squad of Lagos, which was setup during my father's tenure and which subsequent governors including the incumbent, Governor Babajide Sanwoolu, have further strengthened, is a prime example of how tactical units of the Nigerian Police should be setup, supported and should operate. Focused on their primary responsibility, well equipped and true protectors of the Freedoms we so cherish.

As a proud Nigerian and father, I am ready to support the cause of those seeking to create a safer, happier, better Nigeria for my kids and the next generation. But as a citizen, I also know that change does not come easy. Dear young Nigerians, where we have to engage with those in a capacity to create change, let's engage respectfully.

Mr. Governor has shown, through his work with the RRS, Lagos Police Command and Lagos State Security Trust Fund that he takes seriously his responsibility as Lagos’ Chief Security Officer. His measured yet proactive response to the protests is nothing less than Is to be expected from the best performing governor in the country. I plead with you to use your influence and position as our governor and father in Lagos to call for more affirmative and assertive action. The youth in Lagos are ready to work with you to put things right and I urge you sir to look beyond that and do what a father will do - protect his children still.

Police brutality must end.

https://politicsnigeria.com/a-message-of-hope-in-a-time-of-crisis-seyi-tinubu/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by daddytime(m): 12:51am On Oct 13, 2020
Huh?

This is amazingly "I no know wetin I want talk again".

All of una dey get mouth to form motivational speakers because the protest never enter #EndCorruption #EndTheBulluonVans #EndLooters abi?

I just pray these protesters keep up the tempo and lay their hands on anyone of you "privileged kids" who's parents are known to have tainted their hands or helped themselves to everybody's yam at everybody's expense to help you as offspring's enjoy the best life undeservedly.

Na chew dem go chew all of una with the raging anger and all these shalaye no go help at all.

Yeye dey smell.

Do you have an idea what it means to be an ordinary Nigerian?

How do you even attempt at explaining away something you frigging have no clue about?

Dey your dey abeg...

Modified:

A rejoinder to someone who quoted to sly me....

12345baba:
you pray these protesters keep up ......... So ur not even protesting? You and Seyi na thesame

Some of us do not need to play to the gallery or the crowd in our protests.

I am camera shy and love it that way.

Before you guys even felt the need to do this, some of us have always found that which we are genuinely passionate about and pursuing away from the camera lenses to draw attention to the sorry plight of the Nigerian youths.

Just to give you an idea...

I'm sure you understand how a faulty structure can not be fixed, renovated, or restructured from the middle?

That is exactly what the #EndSars protest is.

The issues at stake go deeper down than just Sars, they are structural, fundamental, and foundational issues that needs to be attacked from the very foundations/roots. Once done, the issue of Sars and every other malaise will be naturally dealt with.

You see how everyone hungry for attention and clout is jumping on this issue and making a daily mockery of it? Trust me, the powers that be are happy at this, laughing in their closets, and will only succeed in sponsoring more clout-chasers to keep making a mockery of it all and forgetting to concentrate on the germane issues truly affecting the ordinary Nigerians.

How do you explain a Davido, who has never walked in the shoes of the ordinary Nigerian, or understands what it means to struggle in today's Sars-filled streets to be a representative of a movement that seeks to #EndSars?

I'm sure you were surprised at his fidgets and lack of composure at the IGs office. I wasn't surprised one bit because it is a given that if you haven't walked the walk, talking the talk will be almost impossible.

See, you can look down and disrespect the rank and file of the Nigerian police all you like because of the bad/evil eggs amongst them but I advise you don't, the truth is, you see those officers, I mean the ones particularly at the Force headquarters, do not mess with their level of intelligence. How someone who glorifies wire wire and all that sorts can be a face of a movement of youths to end Sars is still laughable and the police must have been amused too.

The next one to be a spokesperson for the movement is Seyi Tinubu to tell you guys that he feels your pains. Really? Lol

While this present protest is a welcome catalyst to make the youths understand that they can do it if they truly set their hearts to it, the approach and manner are hugely misplaced, I'm sorry to say.

Sars has been disbanded, it has ended according to the IG, now, what?

Even on this forum, I've been crying and rallying for the youths to get together and make a push for theirs and their children's future but what do I get, the mods banning my monikers, deleting my posts, and fellow youths mocking me but I've remained undaunted.

You can check out my twitter handle to see what I do in my little way @petersonojieson, I no dey do camera follow and focus on me for clout business.

I don tire to type.

#NigerianYouthsAreTired
#OurFutureIsNow

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by frankyychiji(f): 12:57am On Oct 13, 2020
Is this the replacement because the original is kuje bound?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by Nobody: 2:21am On Oct 13, 2020
Omo ole
Omo ale

Continue the protest. DEMAND A NEW NIGERIA. DEMAND A NEW CONSTITUTION.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by tollyboy5(m): 3:43am On Oct 13, 2020
grin make I no talk too much. Your father is a theif!
And omoluabi gidi o gbogo jale. Kosi gbodo dale.
Baba é ti dale eko.

Eko akete ilu ogbon. Oba wa, govnor wa, Mr tinubu ema fi corruption ba ilu eko je fun awon omo wa.

You guys never spoke about SARS for a very long time. Now the youth has taken it upon themselves you're all coming out. Its also good tho but just know we are also coming for all corrupt politicians also.
We can't take this nomore. If Nigerian can go against SARS in this struggle then who is MC to protect Mr tinubu interest.
All the hypocrite saying we should do #endyahoo and #endcorruption you'll have to join us on this.
We'll start with operation end corruption. And fish out all bad politicians before we move to #endyahoo

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by owoomode: 6:33am On Oct 13, 2020
wen did you turn preacher?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 13, 2020
jerseyboy:
Omo ole
Omo ale

Continue the protest. DEMAND A NEW NIGERIA. DEMAND A NEW CONSTITUTION.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by flawless911(m): 6:34am On Oct 13, 2020
Ogun fall you & your papa

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by ArmaniUhuru: 6:34am On Oct 13, 2020
Oga what is the difference between your dad and the uniform men? Just save your message of hope for your father and his geng of robbers. A time will come, they will need it.

Hypocrite forming patriot.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by emmabest2000(m): 6:34am On Oct 13, 2020
It looks like this peaceful protest want to turn to something else ,
FG needs to apply sense in handling this currently situation , because it might gradually leads to REVOLUTION of NIGERIA

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by Samylekey(m): 6:34am On Oct 13, 2020
Before you know now this Seyi Tinubu will be brought out to contest for Lagos state governorship election.

Alaye take ur hope message somewhere else and tell ur Dad and his cohorts to do the right thing.

32 Likes

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by money121(m): 6:35am On Oct 13, 2020
Ok
Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by vibbb: 6:35am On Oct 13, 2020
Well said #Seyi.

5 Likes

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 13, 2020
This 2020 is not doing well
Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by chukwuibuipob: 6:35am On Oct 13, 2020
cool
Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by Mindlog: 6:35am On Oct 13, 2020
Coming from Tinubu's son! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by signature2012(m): 6:36am On Oct 13, 2020
This is the guy Peruzzi was referring to.
The only difference between Tinubu's and SARS is just corruption and harrassment.

They are both in the same group of criminals.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by ThatFairGuy1: 6:36am On Oct 13, 2020
This is best time to clamour for restructuring. SARS has been disbanded, let the slogan change to

#RestructureNgNOW

5 Likes

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by IamWonderful: 6:37am On Oct 13, 2020
ok
Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by doggedfighter(f): 6:38am On Oct 13, 2020
You can't give hope because you don't know what adversity is.

Have you ever looked for job?
Have you ever gone to bed hungry?

Have you ever been harassed?

Have you ever been denied of a well deserved opportunity because you don't know anyone?
Is the hike affecting you in any way?

Do you use our dilapidated hospitals and schools?

Have you you stayed longer in school as a result of strikes?

Gerrrrrarahia, man !!

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by akinmusi(m): 6:39am On Oct 13, 2020
Give him the chance to get a close door meeting with the IGP, he will also deny or ambiguously say he was pressured to post that or imperative because of his ward.

Be Wise Nigerians, these people are not after your interest, this is just a temporary interest.

Davido also denied he went to protest. Yorubas are backstabbers and full of betrayals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by joelag: 6:40am On Oct 13, 2020
What kind of fake message of hope is this guy trying to pass to the youths.

5 Likes

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by Shattuck(m): 6:40am On Oct 13, 2020
its rather unfortunate the tinubu family' are one of Nigeria's biggest problem the fight against SARS is just one of thousands of problems facing Nigeria I guess you would keep the same energy when the issue of your family's corruption is brought to the table including the bullion van incident. you are not one of us young man, you belong to the oppressor gang.

11 Likes

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by adenigga(m): 6:41am On Oct 13, 2020
Bros! Tell your Papa to #ENDagberoism
Or else get the Bleep out of here!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by donmalcolm21(m): 6:41am On Oct 13, 2020
Son of a criminal. SARS should be unleashed on your father's wealth

10 Likes

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by ILoveDemMANNA: 6:43am On Oct 13, 2020
Nice one from Mr Tinubu.

BREAKING NEWS FROM WIKE'S RIVERS STATE.

The Rivers State Government hereby wish to inform the general public that all forms of protests have been banned throughout the State.

Therefore, all proposed protests under #End SARS Campaign are hereby prohibited.

Government took this decision because the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, had already scrapped the Special Anti-Robbery Squad.

Therefore, there is no need for any form of protest against a Unit of the Police Force that no longer exists.

Parents and Guardians are therefore advised to ensure that their children or wards do not violate this order.

Law enforcement agencies are also directed to ensure that the ban is enforced and that violators are brought to book.

Paulinus Nsirim
Commissioner for Information and Communications
October 12, 2020

sammy329:
SARS has been disbanded, the president also said it, why are these MISCREANTS still shouting #Endsars. It seems some of them are having an intention of revolution, FG should just use force on these THUGS.

Protests is not needed again, why waste more lives. FG is too soft on these THUGS, by now I expect the DSS to have arrested 80% of the influencers fanning flames of war on twitter.
Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by 12345baba(m): 6:45am On Oct 13, 2020
daddytime:
Huh?

This is amazingly I no know wetin I want talk again.

All if una dey get mouth to form motivational speakers because the protest never enter #EndCorruption #EndTheBulluonVans #EndLooters abi?

I just pray these protesters keep up the tempo and lay their hands on anyone of you "privileged kids" who's parents are known to have tainted their hands or helped themselves to everybody's yam at everybody's expense to help you as offspring's enjoy the best life undeservedly.

Na chew dem go chew all of una with the raging anger and all these shalaye no go help at all.

Yeye dey smell.

Do you have an idea what it means to be an ordinary Nigerian?

How do you even attempt at explaining away something you frigging have no clue about?

Dey your dey abeg...
you pray these protesters keep up ......... So ur not even protesting? You and Seyi na thesame

1 Like

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by Wawelexy(m): 6:49am On Oct 13, 2020
Coming from someone whose integrity has been rubbed in the mud due to the greediness of his father... Shame

9 Likes

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by slex(m): 6:50am On Oct 13, 2020
Protest on tinubu loading

6 Likes

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by HeadShot: 6:51am On Oct 13, 2020
There's no hope from anyone with the name Tinubu....

It's a modern slave Master name

4 Likes

Re: Seyi Tinubu: A Message Of Hope In A Time Of Crisis by Btruth: 6:52am On Oct 13, 2020
Hummmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Being President Is For Your Benefit, Not Me, Atiku Tells Nigerian Youths / Koka Flyover, Asaba Commissioned By Atiku Abubakar / Reps Panel Calls For ‘swift Action’ Against Losing Another Territory To Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.