Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. (20702 Views)

Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now / Why Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Wife Anita Divorced The Christ Embassy Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by newmi(m): 4:35pm On Mar 08, 2011
nuclearboy:

Atmosphere for "FAITH" is different from Atmosphere for "MIRACLES", you fraudsters!  angry Why doesn't your guy perform the miracles on AFF?  cheesy

Do you think others are as daft as you and believe that hogwash? His miracles are televised from outside Nigeria so that the government has NO jurisdiction and when he comes to Nigeria, he turns it to Faith teaching advertised by foreign placed miracles that Nigeria has no jurisdiction over.

Simple - let him perform one miracle LIVE on Nigerian TV and see if he will not claim a cell at Kirikiri (where he rightly belongs). Fraudsters building empires and giving Christianity and Christ a bad name. And they are saying no press has asked for permission - can ANYBODY take a camera into your fake "healing" school? Is anybody allowed access to the truly sick who come BEFORE they are healed and after i.e. verified sicknesses? Did Jesus say nobody aside the sick must come when He healed them?  Were independent non-believers not present when peter told the cripple to rise at the beautiful gates? But you want to vet witnesses! Why? What are you afraid of?

See the miserable "Okada" champion using the Apostle Peter's miracles to "verify" someone who has no knowledge of God. Cheese? You can't say Cheese - your miserable life is more suited to saying "Gari".
You see how dumb your mind has become
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by newmi(m): 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2011
EarsWide:

Chris and most of his contemporaries are frauds - out to make a quick buck. What is a healing school ? it is utter rubbish. you cannot teach failth! Where does his american accent come from ? fraud!!!
Well what is HEALING AND WHAT IS SCHOOL, l hope you come up with an answer for yourself
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by newmi(m): 4:47pm On Mar 08, 2011
As much as there are more than enough evidence to prove these great act of God just like in the days of the apostles, l think some dumb minds here don't understand the whole idea of what a miracle is because if they did they won't be asking for a human verification of a divine act rather they would judge it by what the word of God says. But who cares what they think when every christian has been granted the ability to perform miracles and its not an exclusive preserve for pastor chris, we do it every day
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Tonyet1(m): 5:54pm On Mar 08, 2011
*shakes head*

For those who want verification. . .i was privileged to witness the miracle of a cripple who lives close to my residence in PH city. That was way back 2002.

She had this stroke and it made her cripple for like 3yrs and then friends and well wishers talked her to attending Chris' program at the Liberation Stadium when she returned she came back jumping and running all over the neighborhood for joy. * I saw it live*

The bad news was that the sickness came back 3week later and she died barely 2months later.

Now what I still try to understand till date is "what really happened?".
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by donnie(m): 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2011
She didn't retain it. That's what happened. You may receive from God in such an atmosphere of the Word, faith and  the anointing; but it is up to you when you leave that place to resist the devil steadfastly using God's Word rightly. Symptoms may show up, but they are lies of the devil, they are a mirage. The sickness is actually gone. . . . so resist the devil and he will flee!

Staying away from fellowship with the Word and the Spirit or with fellow believers is one sure way to loose your healing. Mind you, satan is out to get the word and the testimony out of your mouth, that it  spread no further.

Sin is another reason.
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Enigma(m): 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2011
Re last two posts:

Placebo effect from temporary exhilaration; well known effect and also well associated with fake healers.

- A chap I knew personally was  declared healed at Benny Hinn's gig in Nigeria and the chap also celebrated and jumped on stage; the chap died about a week later unfortunately.

- Several years ago, an elderly man I knew with some kind of palsy/back trouble went to some similar gig at the Stadium (maybe Obadare's); man also went on stage, and jumped "like he could not jump before"; goes back home and his condition was back to square one.

- Watch the video here and search what happened to the girl*  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2yG96OqNNo

- Finally, google 'Cerullo Audrey Reynolds'

*Edited to substitute better video link with info on what happened to the girl
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Enigma(m): 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2011
donnie:

She didn't retain it. That's what happened. You may receive from God in such an atmosphere of the Word, faith and  the anointing; but it is up to you when you leave that place to resist the devil steadfastly using God's Word rightly. Symptoms may show up, but they are lies of the devil, they are a mirage. The sickness is actually gone. . . . so resist the devil and he will flee!

Staying away from fellowship with the Word and the Spirit or with fellow believers is one sure way to loose your healing. Mind you, satan is out to get the word and the testimony out of your mouth, that it  spread no further.

Sin is another reason.

And the four year old girl? How was she to "resist the devil"?

Who in their right minds would put an onus on a 4 (FOUR) year old to "retain their healing"?

And don't give us further nonsense that the people around her should do it on their behalf. The bottom line is that the "doctrine" of "retaining healing" is simply hogwash used for brainwashing the undiscerning!
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by SirJohn(m): 9:56pm On Mar 08, 2011
Enigma:

Re last two posts:

Placebo effect from temporary exhilaration; well known effect and also well associated with fake healers.

- A chap I knew personally was  declared healed at Benny Hinn's gig in Nigeria and the chap also celebrated and jumped on stage; the chap died about a week later unfortunately.

- Several years ago, an elderly man I knew with some kind of palsy/back trouble went to some similar gig at the Stadium (maybe Obadare's); man also went on stage, and jumped "like he could not jump before"; goes back home and his condition was back to square one.

- Watch the video here and search what happened to the girl*  

- Finally, google 'Cerullo Audrey Reynolds'

*Edited to substitute better video link with info on what happened to the girl

@Enigma, thanks for your response above, I've said the same thing several times on this forum. Placebo effect, power of suggestion thats the explanation for those who care to know.
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Enigma(m): 9:17am On Mar 09, 2011
Thanks jare; and as ever, once the false doctrine is exposed, they run away only to wait for another opportunity to introduce the poison of their falsehood (which some of them must know to be false) elsewhere!
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Enigma(m): 2:03pm On Mar 09, 2011
Let's add one or two tings to the mix.

Did the apostle Peter ever advertise or hold a "miracle crusade"?

Did the apostle Paul ever advertise or hold a "miracle crusade"?

Did James, John  or any of the other apostles ever advertise or hold a "miracle crusade"?

In truth, often the apostles did not even know beforehand that God would do a miracle through them. They were usually just going about normal living or normal preaching when an occasion for a miracle arose and God's power came through them.

Examples

1. Peter at the gate Beautiful
2. Paul and the lad who slept and fell from a window
3. Paul and the cripple at Lystra

etc ect ect

Nowadays we have charlatans advertising crusades at which they claim they will be dashing out miracles yanfu yanfu.

Wicked liars to a man --- and woman for that matter.
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by gbagudara: 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2011
I am sorry, but who is pastor Chris? Is that Chris Okotie?
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by EarsWide(m): 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2011
@gbagudara

It is Chris 'Jerry curls with american accent but I have never lived in america' Oyakhilome smiley
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by thotts: 4:17pm On Mar 09, 2011
Grey Beard:

Perhaps the soldiers wanted to keep his clothes as souvenirs of the cruxifiction of what they could all see was an innocent and powerful man. They probably thought they could sell it to his devotees later on as he was so famous in the land.
Who knows? It's very naive to assume that just because the soldiers who cruxified him cast lots for his clothes, then that automatically means the clothes where REALLY expensive.

C'mon, use that stuff between your two ears.

God bless u my brov/sister

my question is , why would sombody whom was discribed as selfless, kind , goin about doing good, humble, loving  the sick and poor etc come out in flowing gowns and so called desiner garments from jerusalem?

also remeber when a certain individual wanted to follow Jesus in the bible? his reply,   . . . . . .  something somthing about the son of man not having a place to put his head??

cant u also remeber the reply he gave john the baptist disclipes when they questioned him if he was the christ or not? did he not metion that those that be in soft garments(designers cloths) are they that live in kings courts?

my people open your eyes ,God is best known through your relationship with him(experience with him) and will give u knowledege about Him and what u seek ,before any real of fake preacher can even open their mouths.

simple fact: watch and[b] PRAY[/b] fervently or even u whom is sincerly christian wld be deceived, i didnt say so the Messaih did 2000 or so years ago

i think some  people jst want to be deceived too

denzel2009:

You mean Hulk Hogan didn't beat The Undertaker in wrestlemania 7 true true ? shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin  nice one
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Azibalua(f): 6:47pm On Mar 09, 2011
;d
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Joagbaje(m): 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2011
donnie:

Sin is another reason.

Great truths here Donie. The fact that someone lost a healing doesn't mean he wasn't healed. As you said here several things could be responsible.

Luke 11:24 
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out. 25 And when he cometh, he findeth [it] swept and garnished. 26 Then goeth he, and taketh [to him] seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and 

John 5:14
14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by LoveKing(m): 4:08am On Mar 10, 2011
@Joagbaje

Please can you tell us what happend to this 4 year old girl?

Was she unable to retain the healing or she sinned?

What happened? Please Answer!
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Joagbaje(m): 5:36am On Mar 10, 2011
The video didn't play. You can tell me what happened.
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Enigma(m): 9:09am On Mar 10, 2011
In the video, Cerullo asked the little girl to do some running on the stage; he asked her if she felt any pain, she said no; Cerullo then declared that she had been healed of cancer of the bone. However, read the quote below for the final outcome.

"Another sad case from the Mission to London 1992 was that of the beautiful four year-old African girl Natalia Barned who had neuroblastoma (a childhood cancer growing above the kidney). She was pronounced healed by Cerullo after she showed an absence of pain. The following day Cerullo led the congregation in thanks to God for healing of the cancer. Tragically, within two months, she had died of that same disease"

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_Cerullo

So please explain to us how this poor FOUR year old girl was healed but lost her healing!
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by newmi(m): 9:25am On Mar 10, 2011
@gbadura
Pastor Chris is the pastor of Christ embassy and author of best selling daily devotional-Rhapsody of Reality, inspiring millions and millions all over the world via television, the print media, internet and satellite. He is a man sent from God in this generation and has consistently preached the gospel of the newness of life that is in Christ Jesus according to 2 Corinthians 5:17 amid several critism.

He will be have a special night of bliss program today 11th of bliss march at the soccer stadium in joburg South Africa and promises to be once in a life time experience. We can follow the program live on the internet and via satellite.
For more credible info please visit this website: www.christembassy.org
thank you
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by EarsWide(m): 9:28am On Mar 10, 2011
@ Supporters of MOFs

Why do you ignore facts when you see them

@Newmi
why did you not comment on the fraudster Cerullo
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by donnie(m): 10:13am On Mar 10, 2011
Enigma:

Who in their right minds would put an onus on a 4 (FOUR) year old to "retain their healing"?

And don't give us further nonsense that the people around her should do it on their behalf. The bottom line is that the "doctrine" of "retaining healing" is simply hogwash used for brainwashing the undiscerning!

You have answered the question already. It is because of the innocence and vulnerability of these little ones that ministries like Christ Embassy take prayers and care for little children seriously. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-265721.0.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lEP4t7o5uY http://theinnercitymissionofchristembassy.org/beta4/
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Enigma(m): 10:16am On Mar 10, 2011
^^^ In other words, you have no cogent or even sensible answer - as expected. Cool.

Well God sees all the charlatans that do this kind of wickedness to children and other innocent people.

cool
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Zikkyy(m): 10:19am On Mar 10, 2011
newmi:

@gbadura
Pastor Chris is the pastor of Christ embassy and author of best selling daily devotional-Rhapsody of Reality,

Best selling ke shocked I thought it was free
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by seunlayi(m): 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2011
The truth will surely prevail.
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by GreyBeard: 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2011
Zikkyy:

Best selling ke shocked I thought it was free

LOL!! grin grin
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by seunlayi(m): 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2011
Free! for where?
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by LoveKing(m): 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2011
Joagbaje:

The video didn't play. You can tell me what happened.

Aba! how now? ok it will play even if you are on dial up be patient, So watch it and get back to us.
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Joagbaje(m): 10:19am On Mar 11, 2011
@enigma

Enigma:

In the video, Cerullo asked the little girl to do some running on the stage; he asked her if she felt any pain, she said no; Cerullo then declared that she had been healed of cancer of the bone. However, read the quote below for the final outcome.
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_Cerullo
So please explain to us how this poor FOUR year old girl was healed but lost her healing!

Enigma:

The child can't be responsible to have faith. The responsibility is on the parent. Remember the case of the epileptic boy. Jesus held the father of the boy responsible to have faith for the boy.

Mark 9:23-24
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things [are] possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. 25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, [Thou] dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him. 26 And [the spirit] cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead. 27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.

parents faith would be responsible to keep it.

Pastor chris once had his daughter crippled suddenly at the age of 5. The doctors said she would never work again. But he took the responsibility everyday to confess the Word of God on her and declaring , "she will walk, she will,run ,she will jump". It took one week and suddenly she stood and began walking again.

I can't speak for cerullo case. But parents are responsible to have faith for children.
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by EarsWide(m): 11:11am On Mar 11, 2011
@Joagbaje

Are you saying the God you serve will let a 4 year old girl die from cancer because of the faith or lack of it of the parents ? So because God healed the boy because of his fathers faith, it follows God will let the girl die because of the lack of faith of the parents ??

Do you really believe this rubbish or are you so desperate to defend your 419 CHARLATANS that you are prepared to twist the very basis of christianity (love and grace) ?
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Enigma(m): 11:41am On Mar 11, 2011
Let us clarify what Joagbaje is saying:

1. The FOUR year old girl had cancer
2. The girl was healed of the cancer by God --- and because of her parents's faith according to Agbaje's theology.
3. The healing of the girl by God was taken away because of the parents' lack of faith.
4. "God" took away the girl's healing because of her parents' lack of faith; yeah right, some "god" indeed"

Obviously, if Joagbaje believes this he is deluded as we have always claimed. If he does not truly believe it and just puts it forward, then he is a wicked, callous and heartless charlatan ---- as with all those who wilfully preach this nonsense.

Questions

1. The parents' faith was strong enough to ensure the girl's healing but not strong enough to retain it?
2. Which of the two requires stronger faith - healing in the first place or retention of healing?
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Joagbaje(m): 11:47am On Mar 11, 2011
God is not responsible for sickness. Satan is the enemy. It doesn't have to happen. But it can. The devil always look for ways to come back if he can't get another person to enter.

Luke 11:24 
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out. 25 And when he cometh, he findeth [it] swept and garnished. 26 Then goeth he, and taketh [to him] seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and

We resist the devil, children can't have faith. The spiritual person arround them should .
Re: Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. by Joagbaje(m): 11:51am On Mar 11, 2011
That is why it's important when someone gets healed, he has to be led to christ immediately, and he should be nurtured in the word of God. To build their faith. As unsaid , i can't speak for the cerulo case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? / Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others / Pastor Oritsejafor Gives Church Members N5m To Start Small Scale Businesses (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.