Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Where Are All This Musician Now? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Where Are All This Musician Now? (7322 Views)

Please, Who Knows This Musician? / Lil-kesh Please Pause What You Are Doing And Review this musician / Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are All This Musician Now? by omoge(f): 4:13pm On Jun 24, 2007
As a little kid growing up, i used to hear stories about all this musician. But where are they now? Do they still sing?

Majek Fashek
Nkechi Ojugbana
Stella Monye
Bongos Ikwe
I.k Dairo
Ebenezer Obey
Dizzy k Falola
Felix Liberty
Dan Maraya Jos
Funmi Adams
Danny Wilson
Evi Edna Ogoli
Bonny Mark
Uche Ibeto (Africa mama i think)
Charlie Boy
Shina Peters
Kollington
Barrister
Mighty Sparrow
Ras kimono
chaka chaka Yvonne
Yellow man
Max Romeo
musical youth
bonny M
Evelyn king
donna summer

Please add as you remember

Where are they now?
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by ikamefa(f): 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2007
omoge:

As a little kid growing up, i used to hear stories about all this musician. But where are they now? Do they still sing?

Majek Fashek
Nkechi Ojugbana
Stella Monye
Bongos Ikwe

I.k Dairo
Ebenezer Obey

Dizzy k Falola
Felix Liberty
Dan Maraya Jos

Funmi Adams
Danny Wilson
Evi Edna Ogoli
Bonny Mark
Uche Ibeto (Africa mama i think)
Charlie Boy
Shina Peters
Kollington
Barrister
Mighty Sparrow
Ras kimono
chaka chaka Yvonne
Yellow man
Max Romeo

Please add as your remember

Where are they now?

you bring back nostalgic feelings by just seeing those names

i guess gone were those days when music was still music cheesy

now its wang,bang,clang and gbam gbam jigi jigi cheesy

@topic most of them are either retired or they're into something else

the colored ones were favs ,most especially Funmi Adams grin
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by ikamefa(f): 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2007
more : what about Zaki Adzee,

Christie Essien lgbokwe

Onyeka Onwenu

vera ifudu

miata fanbule

chris okotie( before he became a pastor) grin
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by drrionelli(m): 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2007
My friends, there is another thread addressing this concern, as well!

It is called "Whatever Happened To:?"

Many listings are there. Check it out!
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by omoge(f): 2:22am On Jun 28, 2007
drrionelli please post the url, thanks.

Ikamefa, yeah real memories there. Onyeka is into movies now. When i saw her in a Nigeria movie, i was like what? that's ain't my Onyeka. She gained weight (am not sure if it's just the movies sha). I love her song especially the ONE LOVE KEEP US TOGETHER

oh!! i love Chris song,

do you remember:

come come come come come,
eh eh eh eh eh, loving my mother
ABC, 123, Doremi, you and me
I don't love you,
goodbye teacher, when will i see you my dear teacher

Chris rocked big time as we kiddies just watched as people get crazy with his songs  grin
he is pretty much around preaching and winning souls. his soulful voice eya  grin
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by eliasbox1(m): 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2007
Of all these list the names that struck my heart with affection and romance are bongos Ikwe, Stella Monye etc. even though it is understandable that some names in the list are late (dead) but they left a legendary works that should not air-off just like that- i remember Bongos' Still Searching cryand i am still searching for any of his CD that i can lay my hands upon. please if you have anyone you could spare i can buy or if you know any store that sells these oldies; i am seriously searching for Bongos Ikwe and Stella Monye's kiss works. even if it means stella giving it to me!!!. cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by ikamefa(f): 3:01pm On Jun 28, 2007
@Drrionelli post the link bikonu! tongue

what is bikonu? grin igbo word for please cheesy

@omoge i have always loved Onyeka(The Elegant stallion) especially her songs with KSA "choices" and iyogogo cheesy

yes oh Pastor Chris used to rock the Mike and he was very good at it grin

i remember more Nigerian musicians but erhmmmm cant remember their names kai! embarassed grin
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by omoge(f): 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2007
yes my sister, the memory lingers. now that i feel grown enough to really listen and understand, i can't seems to get a hold of those songs.

oh!! i love bongos ikwe, cock crow at dawn, i can only hear the sound of the cock crow at dawn. uncle gaga plant the corn and who go steal, lol, forgot how he used to sing it lol, oh my goodness. I love the other one, Show me a virgin in the maternity home, show me a river, oh! i feel so nostalgic. where is BONGOS IKWE by the way? is he still alive?

please if you should lay your hands on his songs, please please remember a needy omoge of his songs. and his lyrics too.

i hate the way we do things in nigeria you know, we just let their work die you know. see old Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Yellow man, etc one can buy their songs online etc, WHY NIGERIA WHY do you let their work not last forever?

Anyone reading this should please help look for their work BIKONU  smiley
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by drrionelli(m): 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2007
@ikamefa & omoge:
You can find the other thread at (I've never done this so I hope it's right):

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-61265.0.html

You're both quite right--there are so many memories!

@ikamefa:
Thank you for anticipating my question!  But, my dear, how do I say thank you in Igbo for being so delightful (as you always are)?    wink
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by ikamefa(f): 10:12pm On Jun 28, 2007
omoge:

please if you should lay your hands on his songs, please please remember a needy omoge of his songs. and his lyrics too.

i hate the way we do things in nigeria you know, we just let their work die you know. see old Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Yellow man, etc one can buy their songs online etc, WHY NIGERIA WHY do you let their work not last forever?

Anyone reading this should please help look for their work BIKONU smiley

was it Bongos Ikwe that sang "On Mariama"? undecided

if so then i like him grin

yes oh omoge i agree with you ,we don't have adequate planning in 9ja, even most of this Artistes made peanut-money during their careers so how are they going to be able to save and plan for posterity?

Their recording companies then, was not helping matters,its only Abami -eda
who lived outside 9ja and had good peeps supporting him ,its only felas' work you can get easily like dat
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by ikamefa(f): 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2007
drrionelli:

@ikamefa:
Thank you for anticipating my question! But, my dear, how do I say thank you in Igbo for being so delightful (as you always are)? wink

Thank you in igbo = Daalu OR e meela grin
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by Esss(m): 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2007
Wow!! Gone are those days,

Birthday party hit record, Edna Ogholi, UU yah, I wish you happy birthday, UU yea, Very very many happy returns

Rap record , Danny wilson, Gimme gimme gimme gimme 999, I wanna talk to the D.P.O, gimme gimme gimme gimme 999, I killed the woman I loved

R&b Fummi Adams, Mama, Thank you for your love, and care,

Ras Kimono, Another birthday party banger, A rhumba stylee, styleeee,

Stella monye, Damn I've forgotten her songs

Onyeka onwenu and sunny ade, If you love, you go wait for me (All time classic)

Felix liberty, (another forgotten memory)

Oritz williki, (gimme little sugar for mi tea, me no want no cake)

The mandators,

A T and T boy (I hope I spelt it right), I don tire, I don tire, I dey go back to my village, I dey go plant cocoa, I dey go plant cassava (chop I chop)

Damn!! Those were the days, But it's all gone now
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by ikamefa(f): 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2007
Esss:

Oritz williki, (gimme little sugar for mi tea, me no want no cake)

The mandators,

been trying to remember this 2 above grin

i guess i don take am chop akpu " grin "
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by Esss(m): 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2007
My broda, No be today, Children of nowadays na 50cent and r.kelly dem sabi,
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by Esss(m): 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2007
Does anybody have any of these oldies, Cos i'm dying to hear some good ol music.

I take action today- Oritz wiliki
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by ikamefa(f): 10:33pm On Jun 28, 2007
miracles do happen sha!

abeg am interested too oh especially Funmi Adams songs erhmmmmmmmmm tongue

one hausa song like that cheesy
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by omoge(f): 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2007
lol that Funmi's song was so lovely, with village ladies doing poundo and ululating, walahi, i loved it but forgotten it real good.

stella, you love me i lelele, lol something like that, i don't know how it goes ooo forgotten cheesy
danny wilson, mr. raggamuffin

felix liberty; you are the one you are the one baby, you are the one oh yeah you are the one i have in my mind,
i love you, i need you right now, oh my baby, you may feel alright. i love you i need you right nowwwwwwwwwwww oh my baby you may feel alright, baby you may feel alright darling you may feel alright,

Baby kilode, give it to, baby kilode uuuuuuu give to me baby kilode, you reject my love baby kilode. i wonder wetin he want the baby to give him sha grin

Ngozi, your love your love your is all i want, Ngozi, Everyday you come for money, for money i want your love, i want your love baby, Ngozi grin

Dizzy K falola: you are my sweet sixteen, i can see your eyes shinning, your precious beauty shinninggggggggggggg. You are my special woman, wont you be my ladyyyyyyyyy

Terry Mackson: for better for worse, in richness in poor, in sickness in health, till death do us part, i marry you (?)

Boney Mark: i love his songs to much, like I was born, i was born, i was born in mama ma ma ma, and God will let you know the reason why, i was born, oh sweet holy nostalgic grin
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by ikamefa(f): 11:16pm On Jun 28, 2007
omoge:

lol that Funmi's song was so lovely, with village ladies doing poundo and ululating, walahi, i loved it but forgotten it real good.

yessssssssssssssssssssssss! the song you just described above yesssssssssssssssss grin
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by omoge(f): 11:18pm On Jun 28, 2007
Sunny Ade: mo ti ko ile mi sori apata ile aye nibi ti aye ko le to

Sweet, sweet sweet banana sweet banana
vanity upon vanity all is vanity, oun to mu bale ile sare pa ti e meji,

ori oke ma pa mi o,

eyin jolosy, eyin shakara, eyin poke nose lol

If you know you love me, you will wait for me, haba pas kelebe  grin
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by omoge(f): 11:22pm On Jun 28, 2007
chaka chaka, my fav

i have come to feel, to need a love from you it's so hard to find someone who's kind
now is time to give, to one another of some care, we all need some understanding, blah blah,

this is from me to you, all we have to do, it seems together we are one, from the love we all have to bring,
this is from me to you, all we have to do, it seems together we are one, into haaaa ar mony

If you sabi am pass me post am oooo lo that na what my small mind could grasp by then  grin grin
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by Ynot(m): 3:18am On Jul 01, 2007
Yvonne Chaka Chaka's From me to you
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by eliasbox1(m): 8:58am On Jul 04, 2007
I still cannot believe you could still grasp some lines, i dont even think i could except "I wake up everyday, to say my prayers , Etc", "thanking you mister D.J for playing my song". but you did a great work on your memory. keep it up. lets celebrate our great musicians. may be we could request for a special community here in nairaland that caters for such things were we could also paste their lyrics from those who are very vast about it.
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by omoge(f): 3:10am On Jul 09, 2007
Ynot, thank you soooooooooooooooo much and a million. wow!! so lovely and bringing in childhood memories eyah grin
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by omoge(f): 3:11am On Jul 09, 2007
lol i guess cuz i was just into music (wether i sing am well or not) as a kid. dad always make sure to bring in cassette always lol, thanks brother smiley
eliasbox1:

I still cannot believe you could still grasp some lines, i don't even think i could except "I wake up everyday, to say my prayers , Etc", "thanking you mister D.J for playing my song". but you did a great work on your memory. keep it up. lets celebrate our great musicians. may be we could request for a special community here in nairaland that caters for such things were we could also paste their lyrics from those who are very vast about it.
Re: Where Are All This Musician Now? by jice(m): 8:42pm On May 22, 2013
ABC musical youths?

(1) (Reply)

Eldee vs Freestyle: Hottest Beef In Nigeria Now! / Gbenga Adeboye Comedy Skit! / The 54th Grammy Awards 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.