Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff (18950 Views)

IKEDC Prepaid Meter (MOJEC): How To Solve “REJECT” Token Issues. / Paternity Fraud: Now Is The Appropriate Time To Criminalize This Fraudulent Act / How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Ayofaks(f): 11:35am On Nov 04, 2020
Woooooow!

OP, I pray God changes your story for good very soon. It is well with you.

1 Like

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 11:39am On Nov 04, 2020
Ayofaks:
Woooooow!

OP, I pray God changes your story for good very soon. It is well with you.
Amen, thanks I appreciate
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2020
skentelelady:

Just keep calm please. 2 wrongs will not make a right. Just take as one of those trying periods in life. Dont be angry with her by being insultive please. You have kept your cool since inception. Dont be pushed now so that you dont look like an ingrate. Tho we all have our limits but dont bring it up again. Like you said no condition is permanent.

If it is possible just edit this post or delete it. Dont mind what some ass kickers are saying here. Some people can stop so low to get attention
Thanks dear sister but I won't delete that post.I appreciate your contribution

1 Like

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 04, 2020
HotPoundedYam:
2face said one thing in one of his songs,

Say... say... see... we never had a chance, a chance to make it right
Cos right from the beginning some people don dey fight
They fighting for insane things, this is not right
And brightness only come from when you see the light

Life is so simple but they make it complicated
To be civilized, you don't have to be educated
Lets make it happen, so we time will not be wasted

I am happy you are working towards getting your PHD. life is very simple, let's not complicate issues when the problems can be solved easily.

if it's solved, you are not just helping the OP but you are helping Nigeria as a whole. We have to fight fraud at all level

THANK YOU.

AND NICE RHYMES, MS. SHAKESPEARE OR SHOULD I CALL YOU AUDRE LORDE. IT'S BEEN LONG I READ OR WROTE POETRY. YOU DID WELL.

SO GLAD YOU MENTIONED FIGHTING FRAUD AT ALL LEVEL. IT'S WHAT MY SHOUTING HAS BEEN ALL ABOUT ABOUT AND WHAT I'VE BEEN ATTEMPTINGTO SAY BUT YOU'VE STATED BEAUTIFULLY, NOT BECAUSE I WANT THE MONEY BACK. THE INSULTS WERE NOT MEANT. I DON'T WANT THE MONEY BACK, NEITHER HAVE I ASKED FOR IT BACK, NOR WILL I ACCEPT ANY MONEY BACK

I CANNOT FIGHT FRAUD IN NIGERIA FROM WHERE I AM. THE WU HERE CANNOT FIGHT IT EITHER, AGAIN BECAUSE THE MONEY HAS BEEN RECEIVED/COLLECTED, NEITHER CAN THEY REVERSE MONEY THAT HAS BEEN RECEIVED/COLLECTED BY THE RECIPIENT OR WHOEVER COLLECTED IT AT THE BANK. IF THERE'S ANY ISSUE, THE POINT OF RECEIPT HAS THE ONUS TO TAKE THAT UP. THE POINT OF RECEIPT IS THE BANK BUT THEY'VE REFUSED TO INVESTIGATE. THE MATTER IS OFF MY HANDS AND THE HANDS OF WESTERN UNION. THE BANK IS THE ONE WHO CAN FIGHT THIS FRAUD BY LOOKING INTO WHERE THE MONEY WENT TO BUT UNFORTUNATELY THAT ISN'T BEING DONE.

SOME PEOPLE HAVE SAID I'M MAKING NOISE OVER ORDINARY 21K. WHETHER IK OR 21k, MONEY IS MONEY. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT 21k IN NIGERIA LOOKS LIKE, TBH. THAT'S ABOUT $75 BUT IDK WHAT THAT LOOKS LIKE IN NIGERIA. HOWEVER THE TRANSACTION RECEIPT SAYS "21, 23...". ANOTHER PERSON STATED THE BANK STAFF OP CLAIMS TOOK IT SHOULDN'T BE BLAMED, THAT MAYBE HE NEEDED IT. CAN YOU IMAGINE? IT CROSSED MY MIND TO SEND MORE. SHE ASKED FOR 12, I SENT 21. I COULD'VE EASILY SENT HER MORE MONEY BUT SO HAPPY I DIDN'T SEEING HOW THIS WHOLE THING TURNED AND HER RECENT COMMENT THAT IF I EVEN SENT HER ANYTHING. THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR TRYING TO HELP A STRANGER WHO CAN EASILY TURN AROUND THAT I DIDN'T SEND HER ANYTHING. HAD I SENT HER 100k THIS IS WHAT WOULD HAPPENED, THEY WILL BE DEFENDING WHOEVER TOOK IT (AGAIN, I CAN ONLY GO BY HER WORD OF MOUTH THAT THE BANK STAFF IS WHO COLLECTED IT BUT WHOVER DID CAN BE ASCERTAINED BY THE BANK), WHILE SOME PEOPLE WILL BE SAYING I DIDN'T SEND HER ANY MONEY AT ALL. NIGERIANS, I HAIL UNA.
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by tyosho: 11:52am On Nov 04, 2020
All this insult becuase of 21k? What should those of us scammed by Squallici do?

I dont know how people feel its okay to talk to others in such condescending way.I pray God lifts you up to Kemi.

7 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by HotPoundedYam(m): 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2020
OnTheRoad:

THANK YOU.

AND NICE RHYMES, MS. SHAKESPEARE OR SHOULD I CALL YOU AUDRE LORDE. IT'S BEEN LONG I READ OR WROTE POETRY. YOU DID WELL.

SO GLAD YOU MENTIONED FIGHTING FRAUD AT ALL LEVEL. IT'S WHAT MY SHOUTING HAS BEEN ALL ABOUT ABOUT AND WHAT I'VE BEEN ATTEMPTINGTO SAY BUT YOU'VE STATED BEAUTIFULLY, NOT BECAUSE I WANT THE MONEY BACK. I DON'T WANT THE MONEY BACK, NEITHER HAVE I ASKED FOR IT BACK, NOR WILL I ACCEPT ANY MONEY BACK

I CANNOT FIGHT FRAUD IN NIGERIA FROM WHERE I AM. THE WU HERE CANNOT FIGHT IT EITHER, AGAIN BECAUSE THE MONEY HAS BEEN RECEIVED/COLLECTED, NEITHER CAN THEY REVERSE MONEY THAT HAS BEEN RECEIVED/COLLECTED BY THE RECIPIENT OR WHOEVER COLLECTED IT AT THE BANK. IF THERE'S ANY ISSUE, THE POINT OF RECEIPT HAS THE ONUS TO TAKE THAT UP. THE POINT OF RECEIPT IS THE BANK BUT THEY'VE REFUSED TO INVESTIGATE. THE MATTER IS OFF MY HANDS AND THE HANDS OF WESTERN UNION. THE BANK IS THE ONE WHO CAN FIGHT THIS FRAUD BY LOOKING INTO WHERE THE MONEY WENT TO BUT UNFORTUNATELY THAT ISN'T BEING DONE.

SOME PEOPLE HAVE SAID I'M MAKING NOISE OVER ORDINARY 21K. WHETHER IK OR 21k, MONEY IS MONEY. ANOTHER PERSON STATED THE BANK STAFF OP CLAIMS TOOK IT SHOULDN'T BE BLAMED, THAT MAYBE HE NEEDED IT. CAN YOU IMAGINE? IT CROSSED MY MIND TO SEND MORE, HAD I SENT HER 100k THIS IS WHAT WOULD HAPPENED, THEY WILL BE DEFENDING WHOEVER TOOK IT (AGAIN, I CAN ONLY GO BY HER WORD OF MOUTH THAT THE BANK STAFF IS WHO COLLECTED IT BUT WHOVER DID CAN BE ASCERTAINED BY THE BANK), WHILE SOME PEOPLE WILL BE SAYING I DIDN'T SEND HER ANY MONEY AT ALL. NIGERIANS, I HAIL UNA.

no matter the amount, no money is small. we all hate people playing on our intelligence which is what happened and that got u pissed

nonetheless it still beats me how a whole union bank will see a customer complaining about a potential fraud and not attend to it.

it also beats my imagination why the op would say she doesn't want to escalate the issue at the on set.

after all said and done it hurts me to know someone wouldn't be exposed for this fraud.
people that said you didn't send money initially just wanted you to come back to the thread and they achieved it obviously(what I think).

7 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by HotPoundedYam(m): 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2020
tyosho:
All this insult becuase of 21k? What should those of us scammed by Squallici do?
you should report to your bank's fraud desk and stop asking rethorical questions.

you are educated enough to know what to do

5 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 12:12pm On Nov 04, 2020
tyosho:

I dont know how people feel its okay to talk to others in such condescending way.I pray God lifts you up to Kemi.
Amen, thanks so much
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by HotPoundedYam(m): 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2020
AddictedToTech:

Just shut up already, your asslicking won't make madam billionaire give you a dime.

I won't be surprised if you've sent her a pm already
you are unintelligent. the guy was making alot of sense based on kemi's post he quoted.

1 Like

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by CookingPot(f): 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2020
HotPoundedYam:

you are unintelligent. the guy was making alot of sense based on kemi's post he quoted.
hello I was the one he insulted and I decided to ignore his post.

His post doesn't mean anything reasonable to warrant a response.
Cheers
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by 11thGoldTREE: 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2020
It's really hard to help people these days. You said you needed help with 12k. I sent you 21 k (+) naira. I drove an hour away just to get to the western union. I got home late at night, sent you the receipt for proof, which has all the information you need to get the money, and also wrote the MTCN # for you in the email (albeit it's on the receipt). Today you're saying the money has been received (and the online tracker shows it has and I was happy to see you finally got it) only for you to say it wasn't you who did, smh. Nigerians, na wa ooo.

Receipt removed.

note all the bolded

1 Like

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by 11thGoldTREE: 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2020
Kemmy210:

Thanks,she has sent through another medium before but due to my own carelessness,they cancelled the transaction.So she sent through Western Union the second time.All thanks to her
note all the bolded

2 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by 11thGoldTREE: 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2020
I went to the WU this morning and was told:
the money has been received by the receiver - OP,

that any issue with the money now should be taken up by the bank 'cos
the point of payment is the bank/at the bank in Nigeria.

He called WU's main line in front of me and they also said the same thing:
the money has been received by the receiver, and
any problem should be investigated there where it was received - there.

I'm just perplexed about this whole thing. It's not even the money ('cos I'm a boss babe) but the dishonesty or theft/scam (if the bank staff did indeed steal it). For all I know, OP could be telling story that she didn't receive it and could've gotten it. There's no way for me to ascertain the truth. I know I was feeling generous that night and contemplated sending her $200 but I'm so glad I didn't 'cos if the bank staff is indeed behind the theft, he would've pocketed that much. I've learned my lesson: Nigerians are scammers and thiefs and I won't be helping anyone from Nairaland ever again.
note all the bolded

3 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by 11thGoldTREE: 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2020
Kemmy210:

Thanks so much, I am going with my elder sister to the bank now.
What will it take me to say simple thank you to the sender after receiving it,immediately she sent the money to me on my first thread,I quickly edit the post meaning am no longer in need of help from others.Her own is more than enough,so does it mean I wanted to collect twice? Capital NO
This will be my 3rd day of going this week.If anyone is in ikorodu,he/she can confirm the story.The guy confirmed to the manager on Tuesday that truly he collected the slip from me,but since I didn't provide the sender's name,he returned it likewise the person beside him said he saw me when I came on Monday
note all the bolded

Kemmy210:

I have Twitter account but I plan to call the manager in the morning to ask her how far, thanks.
According to her, they are tracking it from the headquarter to reveal who and where they receive it

8 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 12:51pm On Nov 04, 2020
11thGoldTREE:

note all the bolded
I think something is wrong with you.Others told you they didn't read all what you are quoting.Make your point and stop quoting me.
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by 11thGoldTREE: 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2020
* Sender posted receipts of money being sent through WU

* Western Union said money has been picked and received in Nigeria

* OP said the bank said they had returned the money back to sender. (How can a money that has been received be sent back to the sender?)

By the order of the federal republic of Nairaland, with the powers confered on this law court based on sections 1 , 2, 3 and 13/14 I hereby pronounce OP guilty

This is day light robbery and no one is intelligent enough to see through her narration.

6 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2020
11thGoldTREE:

* OP said the bank said they had returned the money back to sender. (How can a money that has been received be sent back to the sender?)

By the order of the federal republic of Nairaland, with the powers confered on this law court based on sections 1 , 2, 3 and 13/14 I hereby pronounce OP guilty.

This is day light robbery and no one is intelligent enough to see through her narration.
I can see you are totally blind, bring out where I said *bank returned money to the sender*. I have time for insane person like you who couldn't read all the messages on this thread and decided to vomit nonsense
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by 11thGoldTREE: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2020
Kemmy210:

I can see you are totally blind, bring out where I said *bank returned money to the sender*. I have time for insane person like you who couldn't read all the messages on this thread and decided to vomit nonsense

Couuuuuuuuuurt arise as his lordship takes a leave

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by AddictedToTech: 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2020
HotPoundedYam:

I can see you're mad you worthless piece of garbage.

Shey aye shi e?
Abi shokpono fe ba aye je
Ogun ma kpa e
Ko ni yi e

Olofo arindin!
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Pily: 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2020
Kemmy210:

Amen, thanks so much
Kemmy pls abeg, for ur peace of mind unfollow this post and stop replying mentions. U have tried.

3 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by HotPoundedYam(m): 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2020
E pain the hoodlum grin Issac Iyanda

If you can't have a conversation without resulting to insult and name calling, I'll have to say adios.
Please don't mention me again, you'll be ignored

8 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2020
Pily:
Kemmy pls i beg, for ur peace of mind unfollow this post and stop replying mentions. U have tried.
Alright, thanks

1 Like

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by AddictedToTech: 3:28pm On Nov 04, 2020
Awon to ni e ni hoodlum.
Omokomo
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2020
11thGoldTREE:

By the order of the federal republic of Nairaland, with the powers confered on this law court based on sections 1 , 2, 3 and 13/14 I hereby pronounce OP guilty

Op might not be guilty of collecting the money. It's very hard to judge.
What is clear is just that the money is in Nigeria and has been claimed by someone in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by oseoji: 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2020
Online giving is very dicey especially on NL. Prepare to get burnt back to back.

Once i see a help me post, I now offer prayers and best wishes.

I nor do again abeg.

Good luck to all of una, I hope this is all resolved amicably.

1 Like

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by seborrhic: 10:51am On Nov 05, 2020
skentelelady:
I always tell people not to beg for money no matter the situation. Please no one should attack me here that what if you are in tight corner. We should learn to live within our budget.

Imagine Op came to beg for money online that's a shame of the highest order. She unfortunately met a toxic sender that's another wahala. I I will advise you to go and look for something to do instead of begging for peanut online.

@ sender like you said that God has blessed you. Thank God for blessing you but you have really proved Him wrong for Blessing you with this attitude of yours. Just that email alone I felt bad for the one who came to beg for money online. Hiw could you talk to someone like that becasue you sent her just 21k

If you wanted to help someone why not do it fully? You send WU and you didnt include your name when you filled your name as the sender there? Why hiding the name? What would OP or people do with your name when it is not your social security number

You have helped her. If she is lying or not shouldn't be an issue again to you. You could have ignored this thread if you didnt want to say anything about it again but coming up to defend yourself to the extent of talking down a human being is a NO NO. Some Nigerians are bad that's fine. I have also be duped by Nigerians living in America too when I sent money to them so it is vice versa

It is obvious you are a bitter person and whatever you have been blessed with is okay with God becasue if He does more than this for you you will slap someone old enough to be your grand.mother because of money

How.much is #21k that you wrote a lengthy message to insult her like that The best thing was to have walked away

If I were the poster honestly I would look for that money and send back to you in any way. I will use it to get something, trash it and send you the pix.

Let's learn to have dignity I mean men and women. Country is hard but it is not the end. We can still survive in this Nigeria if we know what we are doing instead of bringing insults upon ourselves

You couldn't have said it better.
Very toxic sender.
She is also hell-bent on claiming the money was received in Nigeria.
What in God's name would make a bank teller jeopardize his/her job over mere 21k!
Let's even assume the least pay:say the teller earns N60k/month.
You would now steal 21k and risk being sacked and losing a job in this country where jobs,no matter how poor the pay,are difficult to get.Over 21k!!
Unless the teller has mentally incapacitated.
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 05, 2020
Kemmy210:
Remaining mail

Op I have been following this thread silently, is obvious you are been ungrateful. u know very well that op tried to help u by sending the money yet u want to pint her black by uploading this mail but I didn't upload the mtcn Why?

Both of you were played by someone in the bank and u both are angry I understand so I boh should let this go peacefully.

2 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 05, 2020
seborrhic:

Very toxic sender.
What in God's name would make a bank teller jeopardize his/her job over mere 21k!
You would now steal 21k and risk being sacked and losing a job in this country where jobs,no matter how poor the pay,are difficult to get.Over 21k!!

You are just hating on the sender. Haven't u heard of the sad plight of the Nigeria banking sector? No amount is too small for a fraudulent act.

1 Like

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by FatherCHRISTMAS: 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2020
seborrhic:

Very toxic sender.
But let's be honest ! The money has been picked up in Nigeria. Western Union cannot be lying now. At least all evidence based on the tracker shows it has been picked up in Nigeria. Even the OP confirmed this.

And about the money being 21k, a thief will always be a theif and would jeopardize his life (not just job) for 50naira even if he earns 250k as monthly salary. Let's be careful when criticizing people.

Let's get one thing clear, "Dem don collect the money for 9ja"... Naa who collect am we no know.

Don't judge the sender, it takes alot of kindness and generosity to give anyone money talkless of Nairaland which is faceless. That lady has done what many wouldn't do. I want to believe many people didn't follow the first thread where the op initially got the help from.

After days of the OP asking for help no one bothered to answer the lady except glaciered who sent her money. But now people that couldn't even send a Kobo wants to trash talk the sender.

12 Likes

Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 10, 2020
BEANSndPLANTAIN:

Op might not be guilty of collecting the money. It's very hard to judge.
What is clear is just that the money is in Nigeria and has been claimed by someone in Nigeria
is it not your colleague that claimed it? thief oshi.
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by XX01(f): 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2020
@Kemmy210, please respond to my PM. Let's look for a way to get to the roots of this.
Re: How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff by Kemmy210(f): 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony / How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? / Is It Justified Or Pure Wickedness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.