Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,873 members, 7,798,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Nigerian Poet, JP Clark, Is Dead - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Poet, JP Clark, Is Dead (525 Views)

Soyinka, Others Headline JP Clark’s First Memorial Literal Feast At UNILAG / Henrietta Alokha Is Dead! The Principal Of Bethlehem Girls College Dies In Lagos / Zuriel Oduwole Speaks At The Ron Clark Academy In Atlanta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Poet, JP Clark, Is Dead by Priceless16: 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2020
Nigerian Poet, JP Clark, Is Dead

Legendary Nigerian poet, JP Clark, has reportedly died on Tuesday 13th October, 2020. He was 85.

Popular for his 'Ibadan' poem, Professor John Pepper Clark-Bekederemo, known and published as JP Clark, had his Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the University of Ibadan, and worked as a professor of English at the University of Lagos where he retired.

He was famous for his protest poems, poems that celebrate nature, and plays such as Song of a Goat, The Raft, and The Boat.

Source: THE SCRIBE POST

https://m.facebook.com/The-Scribe-Post-102070255002270/?ref=bookmarks&fb_dtsg_ag=AQzkz04Dx8lIh671Zkc8DCBXusDGDBIu0JuBM7ac0zTSZQ%3AAQxlppqPRF0wOsSf8Ks8S70pSkioAPFdn_tGjyCOAOPFig&jazoest=27896
Re: Nigerian Poet, JP Clark, Is Dead by chatinent: 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2020
I remember in those days when this man came to our school to introduce one of his books to us to be read.

Life like a mist.
Re: Nigerian Poet, JP Clark, Is Dead by EzzyCarter: 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2020
chatinent:
I remember in those days when this man came to our school to introduce one of his books to us to be read.

Life like a mist.

Indeed it is...

One of Nigeria's most prominent poets.
May his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Poet, JP Clark, Is Dead by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
One of the best literary gems to ever step foot in this country. My dad made me fall with his poems and works because of his books he brought back home. Rest in peace sir. The good go while the terribly evil remain to continue causing us havoc.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Poet, JP Clark, Is Dead by aycorporat(m): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2020
Rest in peace to a great iconic literary giant.
I read some of his books those days while in secondary school.

Rest on JP Clarke.
Re: Nigerian Poet, JP Clark, Is Dead by Adonis86(m): 6:20pm On Oct 13, 2020
Rip
Re: Nigerian Poet, JP Clark, Is Dead by sageb: 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2020
R.I.P pa Clark, a literary Icon from the Niger Delta region. My favourite poems in his collection is "Ibadan" and " Abiku".

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Best Ever Side Hustle You Can Imaging Of, Check It Out / PHD Scholarships / Let's Build Your Mobile App Android/ios, Reliable, Affordable And Trusted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.