Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? (24327 Views)

EndSARS: Falana Chambers Writes IGP, Demands Full Protection For Protesters / Lagos Police Warn Protesters To Stop Advancing Gani Fawehinmi Park (Video, Photo / Aisha Yesufu Asks Abuja EndSARS Protesters To Retreat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Prophet777: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2020
Prophet777:
Do you think you are making any sense? What can be so precious than the sanctity of human life? How will govt take them so serious when they have decided not to be violent?
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Wollof: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2020
Ibeere bi ifa
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by tutudesz: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2020
PROPHETmichael:

Oga park your car and join the protest for a better Nigeria.
Are they protesting for a better Nigeria or to end SARS
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2020
VaselineCrew:

and what about people that want to exercise their right to freedom of movement?

Bro I really just love your comments, I have been liking it all

People don't just understand the consequences of the roads they blocked.

What if a pregnant woman was on that road
What if a highly depressed man was on his last straw on his way to an interview and missed it.

Jeez, the annoying part of is how people are justifying it like they are being told not to protest.

Why don't they go to road IGP office, national assembly office, state house and block the road, not distracting people's lives

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by solonubinho(m): 8:22am On Oct 16, 2020
Blue3k:

Courageous clown it's illegal to block the street there's no debating that fact. I dont have an issue with civil disobedience. If the cops arrest you take the charge like a man do it again. You clowns reason like mumus thinking there's no consequences to breaking the law. Even in America you will naturally be charged for obstructing the roads.

SARS ni bobo yii. Werey fe ma disguise.
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by blackmantis: 8:22am On Oct 16, 2020
Was returning home from work yesterday and was held up in traffic because the road was blocked at various junctions in Abuja. It was only the heavy downpour of rain that dispersed the protesters.

It's okay to protest against Police brutality but it's wrong to infringe on the rights of other law abiding citizens.

Imagine the agony of stranded parents trying to pick their kids from school but held up in traffic by protesters who blocked the roads.

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by bmdthemixer: 8:23am On Oct 16, 2020
noo they should protest on d side, because that's how protest work ON THE FUCKING SUDE.

SEE QUESTION

MEANWHILE, ARE YOU AN ARTIST? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Lordkratus(m): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2020
[quote author=Tonyblinky post=94902793]Please Mod, Is it 600 years ban that was given to NwaAmaikpe?[/quote lmao and that BBQ guy they are currently MIA someone should call them please
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by solonubinho(m): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2020
blackmantis:
Was returning home from work yesterday and was held up in traffic because the road was blocked at various junctions in Abuja. It was only the heavy downpour of rain that dispersed the protesters.

It's okay to protest against Police brutality but it's wrong to infringe on the rights of other law abiding citizens.

Imagine the agony of stranded parents trying to pick their kids from school but held up in traffic by protesters who blocked the roads.

Pele o. Its until SARS kill the same kids the parents have struggled hard to train that's when your eyes will clear.
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Mryacks: 8:24am On Oct 16, 2020
VaselineCrew:
Nobody is thinking about others lives, well I guess such is our selfish human nature.

What about the cars with sick people going to the hospital, those travelling abroad, and so so many more cares people might have to attend to.

When you block the road, just like SARS, you cause suffering to the masses.

This is my take too. Except the idea of the protest is to have a total shutdown of the country thereby bringing the seriousness of the matter to bare, I think it will be better to just block government institutions or establishments while allowing the roads for other citizens to ply...

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by bmdthemixer: 8:25am On Oct 16, 2020
blackmantis:

that's what protesting is about to distrupt the flow of the economy because things arent working, how many parents been killed n ignored also by the govt b its useless system
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by blackmantis: 8:25am On Oct 16, 2020
solonubinho:

Pele o. Its until SARS kill the same kids the parents have struggled hard to train that's when your eyes will clear.

Do you want to kill them yourself

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by jaxxy(m): 8:25am On Oct 16, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol spreak for yourself villager.

Lol facts don't care about your feelings. If they dont like the truth that's their problem. These clowns will simply distract from the issue with what a abouts and pointless nonsense.

Protests are large crowds they can occupy anywhere to make their points clear. Come and arrest them. If they are law abiding u can’t do shit.
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 16, 2020
tutudesz:

The commoners will soon see them as enemies. The protesters are over doing it now and the little love they have will be gone soon undecided you are protesting against Government, Government activities should be the stop.

I think the authorities would have no other choice than to step in. We need sanity back to the streets ASAP. I think the logical thing to do now is step back and assess the ‘workability’ of government’s reforms.

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by tutudesz: 8:26am On Oct 16, 2020
Prophet777:
Do you think you are making any sense? What can be so precious than the sanctity of human life? How will govt take them so serious when they have decided not to be violence?
Violence on the common man Why not direct that violence on Government activities or have forgotten most Government office holders hardly travel by road
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by IamPlato(m): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2020
VaselineCrew:
Protesters have started blocking roads in Lagos, leaving a lot of people stranded.

What is your opinion on this?

Do you think it is right that they are blocking roads?
they should go and block the roads to president house and house of rep not the road for average people. take the fight to the government not the innocent lives trying to survive

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by fujirice: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2020
Op, it is called protest for a reason.
Mind you, the public is well aware of what is happening.
We can’t continue with this status quo
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Guyman02: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2020
Tonyblinky:
Please Mod, Is it 600 years ban that was given to NwaAmaikpe?
Somebody said the guy is now a born again repackaged as Mr Righteousness wink

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by solonubinho(m): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2020
blackmantis:

Do you want to kill them yourself

What kind of stupid response is this? Smh
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by fujirice: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2020
IamPlato:
they should go and block the roads to president house and house of rep not the road for average people. take the fight to the government not the innocent lives trying to survive
They are currently doing that.
Stop acting ignorant of what has been happening.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Abasman008(m): 8:30am On Oct 16, 2020
luxy44:

Do you have a PVC? Your generation is the problem of this country. You don't vote, you only make noise on SM
yeah I do... Your generation that is not scared kept on voting the wrong people over the years....shame on your gray hairs....if your generation had done what we are doing now we'd have no reason to protest, shame...

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by uuzba(m): 8:31am On Oct 16, 2020
tutudesz:

Are they protesting for a better Nigeria or to end SARS
Is SARS operating on the Moon? Were they not operating inside this Nigeria?
And if SARS is ended and police become better, is it not for Nigeria's sake?
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by tutudesz: 8:31am On Oct 16, 2020
iLUCID:

I think the authorities would have no other choice than to step in. We need sanity back to the streets ASAP. I think the logical thing to do now is step back and assess the ‘workability’ of government’s reforms.
I believe blocking Government offices and political office holders houses would've been better, than major roads. If the governor's, deputy governor's, Senate president, Deputy Senate president, etc can't leave their houses or receive visitors things will change.

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 16, 2020
Abasman008:
yeah I do... Your generation that is not scared kept on voting the wrong people over the years....shame on your gray hairs....of your generation had dine what we are doing now we'd have no reason to protest shame...

Educate others too. Shame on your father gray hairs
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by onyemechi33: 8:32am On Oct 16, 2020
VaselineCrew:

of course not, and look, I totally support the protesting going on right now, 1000%

but that doesn't mean I still shouldn't call out injustice on their part.

A family member spent almost 12 hours on the road this past weekend, then think about others that had emergencies to attend to, it really is not fair, it's not fair at all.

They could protest and leave one lane open, so that there is a slow down of traffic to draw attention to the protest, but not a total halt of traffic.

Not everyone has free time, some people actually have life and death things to do, appointments to keep.

The funny thing is that some of the people they blocked might actually also support the protest, or might have actually joined it at some point. So it's also unfair to them. Imagine you joined the protest on Friday, but on Sunday you were blocked by the same protesters you supported, causing you to miss a flight, an appointment, a hospital visit, e.t.c

We all have to sacrifice one way or another, I our own little ways. Those on the streets to protest for a better Nigeria, a protest which has started yeilding shreds of fruition for every Nigeria, home and abroad, have better things to do with their time.

Does who have been killed also had something meaningful to do with their lives.

It shouldn't always have to be about you and your immediate family.

It should be about our collective good. Stop being selfish and ...

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by leisuretym: 8:33am On Oct 16, 2020
nobody blocked any road, people only parked their cars and government sponsored thugs went to damage peaceful protesters cars with trailers
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by IamPlato(m): 8:33am On Oct 16, 2020
fujirice:

They are currently doing that.
Stop acting ignorant of what has been happening.
if you are doing that then why disturb the average nigerians?

like as i will always say, this is not the solution. you can win the government and still keep your life but not this way
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by sapientia(m): 8:33am On Oct 16, 2020
Was it the right of SARS to stay on the road and kill Nigerians
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Omezif(m): 8:33am On Oct 16, 2020
As it's not right to block roads that's how it's not right to kill. Stop killing, no roads blocking by protesters.
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 16, 2020
tutudesz:

I believe blocking Government offices and political office holders houses would've been better, than major roads. If the governor's, deputy governor's, Senate president, Deputy Senate president, etc can't leave their houses or receive visitors things will change.

Exactly
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by nonsolove: 8:34am On Oct 16, 2020
Blue3k:
No it's illegal to block the roads. When they caught they should be arrested and charged accordingly. They can practice civil disobedience if they want but there's consequences. They don't own the street so they cant block it.
all dis one were u dy talk na story
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:34am On Oct 16, 2020
mimilogistics:
They can be patient for the protesting youths to make way for them because they will if you are peaceful and understanding about it.

Support the youths, a better Nigeria will reduce pressure from all Nigerians. I don't know why some Nigerians feel that the youths asking for a better Nigeria are fools.....if you are a President today, you will never be President forever. Someday, your relative or friends or grandchildren will experience the negative effect (directly or indirectly) of failed Nigeria you refused to improve cry

See mindset, so a pregnant woman will be patient for you?

A guy going for an interview will be patient for you

What's wrong with blocking roads leading to govt house, house of assembly, IGP office?

Nobody asked you not to protest, buy always remember, know where your rights end and where another person's right begins

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kogi Indigenes Troop Out To Protest Dangote Exploitations / Ministers Designate Commence Documentation At OSGF (Pictures). / War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.