Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,978 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:44 AM

EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? (24198 Views)

EndSARS: Falana Chambers Writes IGP, Demands Full Protection For Protesters / Lagos Police Warn Protesters To Stop Advancing Gani Fawehinmi Park (Video, Photo / Aisha Yesufu Asks Abuja EndSARS Protesters To Retreat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by BRATISLAVA: 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2020
Abasman008:
hello sir, so who punishes those that made them go out to protest?
I sense you are among those from 50 above with the ideology of always having to go to America instead of trying to bring America home..
I don't blame you when you were our age 10 naira was worth more than 500naira today so what did you guys care? But see our generation 15000 in january 2020 ain't worth 15000 in October 2020 it's a shame to your grey hairs sir..it's you cowards who spoiled Nigeria..

#NigerDeltaRepublic

It is actually a legitimate question.

Because people want to protest, others should lose their lives? Imagine an accident victim who needs urgent medical attention being blocked and passing on because they cannot get to where they need to be on time.

Do you want their family to mount a protest against the insensitive protesters? Will that be counted as brutality/murder against the protesters?

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by BRATISLAVA: 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2020
VaselineCrew:
Nobody is thinking about others lives, well I guess such is our selfish human nature.

What about the cars with sick people going to the hospital, those travelling abroad, and so so many more cares people might have to attend to.

When you block the road, just like SARS, you cause suffering to the masses.

Don't mind them.

In their selfish minds they don't realize they are worse than the police who mount road blocks needlessly, because they aren't authorized to block any roads.

Maybe they want victims of the protests who were blocked to rise up to end them in turn.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by BRATISLAVA: 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2020
VaselineCrew:
Nobody is thinking about others lives, well I guess such is our selfish human nature.

What about the cars with sick people going to the hospital, those travelling abroad, and so so many more cares people might have to attend to.

Don't mind them.

In their selfish minds they don't realize they are worse than the police who mount road blocks needlessly, because they aren't authorized to block any roads.

Maybe they want victims of the protests who were blocked to rise up to #end them in turn.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Sleekfingers: 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2020
Miracle2020:
then why are they not saying that. Just look the 5 demands they presented to federal government did they mention anything like that?
The same youths will be defending orji uzor kalu, the same youths are defending Atiku, the same youths were defending METU, the same youths were defending DARIYE, the same youths are defending Tinubu etc. How can Nigeria grow when the youth are saying"bring back corruption"
This is a political protest and they will not achieve their aim.
Just check their account, as at yesterday they were having 77 million naira donated by corrupt politicians. Who are they decieving?

if u have the names of the corrupt politians who donated pls kindly post it on twitter etc...... So that we can shout o.......collecting money from any politician is like they speaking from both side of their mouth......

They should not allow any politician to use dem o.....or else nobody will take dem serious......
But with the information available at my disposal they have denied collecting any money from any politicians......lets keep our fingers crossed.....

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by BRATISLAVA: 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2020
VaselineCrew:

Don't mind them. Kids in reasoning.

In their selfish little minds they don't realize they are worse than the police who mount road blocks needlessly, because they aren't authorized to block any roads.

Maybe they want victims of the protests who were blocked to rise up to #end them in turn.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Blue3k(m): 3:35pm On Oct 16, 2020
LadyExcellency:

You are partially correct depending on the length of time.

This is the akin to what labour unions do when they are on strike by picketing the factories, banks etc

Obstructing road ways even for second is illegal. I dont get why you guys just start making up stuff like nobody can fact check you. No it's not akin to picketing. Feel free to cite your source if you have it.

ROAD OBSTRUCTION: Obstructing the highway by abnormal parking or repair of faulty vehicles on the road in the wrong manner. Using objects to block the way. Or stopping in the highway in a manner that affects other drivers.

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://frsc.gov.ng/further%2520instruction.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiEnPbSqLnsAhVICKwKHTauBU8QFjAEegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2g8C6CmjHQaxX--3U93l1g
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by asunmoGGMU(m): 3:37pm On Oct 16, 2020
Sarmiz24:
guy shut up ur Mumu smelling mouth, My prayer is one day for police to brutalize u or one of ur family members idiot... since u claim to know the law, come out where people are protesting come dey yarn this nonsense wey u dey yarn for there, if dem no comot ur teeth na small e go remain yeye human being.... no wisdom at all shioor

This is the same thing those demonic SARS did that led to this protest. Why would you threaten to harrass/brutalize someone for having a dissent view. Some of you are only concerned cos you are not on the side of the oppressor and if you have a chance, you will do worse. Think!
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by asunmoGGMU(m): 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2020
maasoap:

Nigerians are naturally wicked, selfish and insensitive to the plight of others. What's the difference between the Nigerian police and ordinary Nigerians? Lack of opportunity to oppress is the only difference.

Just look at your response, very childish.

God bless you. I do say that I can't trust an average Nigerian when it comes to power and money.
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by asunmoGGMU(m): 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2020
tonquendo4u:
We have already blocked it. Come and beat us

A SARS official: "I will kill you and nothing will happen."

How different will you be with gun?
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by LadyExcellency: 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2020
Blue3k:

Obstructing road ways even for second is illegal. I dont get why you guys just start making up stuff like nobody can fact check you. No it's not akin to picketing. Feel free to cite your source if you have it.

The term Civil disobedience as instrument of protest nullifies your regular or basic civil laws. Provided it doesn't involve criminality. It is permissable. As I said before, it depends on length of time.

Your fact checking is stupidity to say the least.

Occupy US Autonomous Zone blocked road for more than two months and it wasn't illegal. They were disbanded because of criminal offences.
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Blue3k(m): 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2020
LadyExcellency:

The term Civil disobedience as instrument of protest nullifies your regular or basic civil laws. Provided it doesn't involve criminality. It is permissable. As I said before, it depends on length of time.

Your fact checking is stupidity to say the least.

Occupy US Autonomous Zone blocked road for more than two months and it wasn't illegal. They were disbanded because of criminal offences.

Cite where does the law give the length of time liar. Stop telling foolish lies I gave you law in black and white still rambling inane nonsense. Lol blm blocked roads and were arrested immediately because obstructing traffic is illegal mumu.

Btw the chop was illegal from the start. The mayor just decided not to enforce the law until it spiraled out control like the idiot she is. People had to be murdered before dhe came to her senses. Lol the probably the leardership you desire in your commuity right?

Hampton police announced charges Tuesday for a Black Lives Matter 757 leader after protesters marched Friday on Mercury Boulevard and blocked traffic at a major intersection.

Police charged 35-year-old Aubrey “Japharii” Jones, of Newport News, with one count each of obstructing the free passage of others, improper use of a highway by a pedestrian and failing to obey the lawful order of police.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailypress.com/news/dp-nw-blm-757-charges-20200714-er3vci4s6fgabc2r5eq6jchbyi-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Sarmiz24(m): 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2020
asunmoGGMU:

This is the same thing those demonic SARS did that led to this protest. Why would you threaten to harrass/brutalize someone for having a dissent view. Some of you are only concerned cos you are not on the side of the oppressor and if you have a chance, you will do worse. Think!
Shay u want make we clap for you? Soro soke were
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by LadyExcellency: 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2020
Blue3k:

Where does the law give the length of time. Stop telling foolish lies. I gave you law in black and white still rambling inane nonsense. Lol blm blocked roads and were arrested immediately because obstructing traffic is illegal mumu.

Btw the chop was illegal from the start. The mayor just decided not to enforce the law until it spiraled out control like the idiot she is. People had to be murdered before dhe came to her senses. Lol the probably the leardership you desire in your commuity right?

They were all discharged without charge in court.

What Police did is nonsense except the court pronounces judgement.

Arrest is not conviction and it didn't stop the protest.
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Blue3k(m): 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2020
LadyExcellency:

They were all discharged without charge in court.

What Police did is nonsense except the court pronounces judgement.

Arrest is not conviction and it didn't stop the protest.

Lol they weren't convicted mumu? The only place these sort of idiots are not charged are in lawless domains that coddle criminals. Obstructing traffic is a crime mumu there's no debating that fact. You can't cite your time argument because u made it up.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by tellsblinks(m): 7:55pm On Oct 16, 2020
Blue3k:

Ok mumu thanks for sharing.
I've noticed your stupidity and I discovered that you kept on using insulting words in all your post.

Whats your problem?? Do you lack manners? Or is insult part of your traits??

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by popefuse(m): 8:12pm On Oct 16, 2020
Blue3k:
No it's illegal to block the roads. When they caught they should be arrested and charged accordingly. They can practice civil disobedience if they want but there's consequences. They don't own the street so they cant block it.
there is no protest across the earth that wont involve blocking roads or violent in a way, few month ago as civilized as America is the block the major city across America and further burndown several police stations. hongkong protested for a year before the govt listen to them, when you push the masses to the bring of dealt they will fight back and it will be brutal, if almighty American citizen can go ballistic & burnt everywhere down what do you expect naija to do, Nigerians are the most patient people in the world , civilized country cant take shit naija youth are taken. Peace be upon this country
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by seanjy4konji: 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2020
Go benin go ask..
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Blue3k(m): 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2020
tellsblinks:

I've noticed your stupidity and I discovered that you kept on using insulting words in all your post.

Whats your problem?? Do you lack manners? Or is insult part of your traits??

Mumu what are you rambling about? If you dont like how I speak so what. If you have counter argument present it.

popefuse:
there is no protest across the earth that wont involve blocking roads or violent in a way, few month ago as civilized as America is the block the major city across America and further burndown several police stations. hongkong protested for a year before the govt listen to them, when you push the masses to the bring of dealt they will fight back and it will be brutal, if almighty American citizen can go ballistic & burnt everywhere down what do you expect naija to do, Nigerians are the most patient people in the world , civilized country cant take shit naija youth are taken. Peace be upon this country

Ok your point being what they shouldn't be punished for breaking the law. In all those places these people get charged and prosecuted. If it's wrong it's wrong.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by CavemanDefuturo: 11:39pm On Oct 16, 2020
It's called civil disobedience... WTF are you driving to? You should park and join the protest... That's what patriots do.

...The protest must be sustained at all cost

#EndSars should switch to #RestructureNigeria

Only then will they listen to us.. only then we can gather more crowd and even earn the backing of the international community.

SARS is just a fraction of our many troubles in Nigeria... You and I know we need more than just #EndSars. Restructuring is the answer and it's only the youth that has the strength and number to make it happen. #RestructureNigeria
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Friend22(m): 6:38am On Oct 18, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Nonsense and rubbish yarns...

Who told u the protest is only to the Fed govt
Its clearly obvious u only get ur News updates on nl..Go to Twitter...below is the demand the youths want... After that we'll come for the exorbitant senate salaries... While all you do is complain like someone who's less privileged... The others who want a better Nigeria are doing what they want... You can stuff ur shitty opinions in ur anus... No one cares

And these are supposed leaders of tomorrow?
SMH.
Thank God tomorrow has not come.

It's obvious many of you are deluded.

Keep shifting the goal post and you will understand that we are not in a state of anarchy where there is no government.
You will soon understand government has it's own right to flush you miscreants out of our roads.

And you think I care about you confused mental state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Etinosa1234: 9:45am On Oct 18, 2020
Friend22:

[s]
And these are supposed leaders of tomorrow?
SMH.
Thank God tomorrow has not come.

It's obvious many of you are deluded.

Keep shifting the goal post and you will understand that we are not in a state of anarchy where there is no government.
You will soon understand government has it's own right to flush you miscreants out of our roads.

And you think I care about you confused mental state[/s].

Always yarning trash as usual....

Not surprised as u don't expect accountability from people meant to serve us...

Dey deceive urself ..after u go say Nigeria cast
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Friend22(m): 11:25am On Oct 18, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Always yarning trash as usual....

Not surprised as u don't expect accountability from people meant to serve us...

Dey deceive urself ..after u go say Nigeria cast

With confused youth like you seeking for power?
We can only pray those of you who endorse yahoo yahoo with your silence and oppressing other road users can only scratch the surface when compared to the older generation.

I know your type.

I go do na mouth e dey.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by emerged01(m): 11:36am On Oct 18, 2020
Roads blocked. Construction of Nigeria is going on. Pls bear with us. Notthing bad.
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Zahga: 11:53am On Oct 18, 2020
Blue3k:

Courageous clown it's illegal to block the street there's no debating that fact. I dont have an issue with civil disobedience. If the cops arrest you take the charge like a man do it again. You clowns reason like mumus thinking there's no consequences to breaking the law. Even in America you will naturally be charged for obstructing the roads.

The America in your Village right?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Blue3k(m): 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2020
Zahga:
The America in your Village right?

Lol you clowns ask foolish questions. It's funny you guys are too dumb to grasp obstructing traffic is illegal.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Zahga: 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol you clowns ask foolish questions. It's funny you guys are too dumb to grasp obstructing traffic is illegal.
The way u keep using insultive words as if you're talking to ur child, can u compare d development in America wit that of Nigeria? Just reading ur post I can see u re very empty. Even u left d country coz of hardship, D country Nigeria as alway been in a state of Anarchy, so let d game continue..

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Blue3k(m): 5:43pm On Oct 18, 2020
Zahga:
The way u keep using insultive words as if you're talking to ur child, can u compare d development in America wit that of Nigeria? Just reading ur post I can see u re very empty. Even u left d country coz of hardship, D country Nigeria as alway been in a state of Anarchy, so let d game continue..

Lol mumu think before asking stupid questions. The fact you're shifting the conversation to development shows you were honesly too stupid to know obstructing traffic is illegal in the USA and Nigeria. The development of each nation is irrelevant because it doesn't negate the fact obstructing traffic is illegal. Instead of calling for law and order you foolishly demand more anarchy like the sentimental clown you are.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by Etinosa1234: 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2020
Friend22:
[s]

With confused youth like you seeking for power?
We can only pray those of you who endorse yahoo yahoo with your silence and oppressing other road users can only scratch the surface when compared to the older generation.

I know your type.

I go do na mouth e dey[/s].

U don't have point .... That's why u keep mentioning me to make it like u do

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by mebad(m): 12:51pm On Oct 19, 2020
maasoap:

Nigerians are naturally wicked, selfish and insensitive to the plight of others. What's the difference between the Nigerian police and ordinary Nigerians? Lack of opportunity to oppress is the only difference.

Just look at your response, very childish.

ok
Re: EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? by mebad(m): 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2020
YusufTheGreat:
you are not hurting the police , las Las its the same citizens that are suffering from the blocked road. Think!

ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Difference Between Militant And Terrorist / Police Uncovers Plans To Protest Amaechi’s Ministerial Nomination / 5 Feared Dead As Armed Robbers Barricade East/West Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.