Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

One Of The Nigerian Prolific Poets Prof. J. P. Clerk Is Dead - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / One Of The Nigerian Prolific Poets Prof. J. P. Clerk Is Dead (231 Views)

Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead / Henrietta Alokha Is Dead! The Principal Of Bethlehem Girls College Dies In Lagos / 'I Didn't Say Snake Swallowed JAMB's N36 Million' - Clerk Tells CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of The Nigerian Prolific Poets Prof. J. P. Clerk Is Dead by Adonis86(m): 6:16pm On Oct 13, 2020
By Henry Umoru
Emeritus Professor of Literature and Renowned Writer, Prof. John Pepper Clark is dead.

Ad

The poet is the younger brother of former Federal Commissioner for Information and South-South Leader, Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clark.

In a statement signed by Prof. C. C. Clark, for the family and Mr. Ilaye Clark, for the children and made available to Vanguard Tuesday, Professor John Pepper Clark died in the early hours of today.

The statement read, “The Clark-Fuludu Bekederemo family of Kiagbodo Town, Delta State, wishes to announce that Emeritus Professor of Literature and Renowned Writer, Prof. John Pepper Clark, has finally dropped his pen in the early hours of today, Tuesday, 13 October 2020.

Vanguard News Nigeria
Re: One Of The Nigerian Prolific Poets Prof. J. P. Clerk Is Dead by Adonis86(m): 6:17pm On Oct 13, 2020
Rip
Re: One Of The Nigerian Prolific Poets Prof. J. P. Clerk Is Dead by uniqueboi1(m): 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2020
Sefce our man don die o.

RIP John Pepper Clark.
Re: One Of The Nigerian Prolific Poets Prof. J. P. Clerk Is Dead by sageb: 6:49pm On Oct 13, 2020
R.I.P to a literary Icon. My favourite poems from his collection is "Abiku" and "Ibadan"
Re: One Of The Nigerian Prolific Poets Prof. J. P. Clerk Is Dead by chatinent: 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2020
I love this man.

(1) (Reply)

Ondo State Government Has Refused To Open Schools / Neco Wayout / Uniabuja.. Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.