Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari (4502 Views)

Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful / Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election / Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by sarrki(m): 4:47am On Oct 14, 2020
interview with the Sun Newspapers, General Muhammadu Buhari, who hardly lets his emotions get the better of him, bares it all like never before.

The former President, who has been trying to get back into Aso Rock, talks about IBB, Olusegun Obasanjo, the 1966 coup, his late daughter and 2015.

Here’s the full transcript:

What kind of childhood did you have?

Well, from my father’s side, we are Fulanis. You know the Fulanis are really divided into two. There are nomads, the ones that if you drive from Maiduguri and many parts of the North you will find. They are even in parts of Delta now. And there are those who settled. They are cousins and the same people actually. From my mother’s side and on her father’s side, we are Kanuris from Kukawa.

Where’s Kukawa?

Kukawa is in Borno State. We are Kanuris. On her mother’s side, we are Hausas. So, you can see I am Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri combined (he laughs). I am the 23rd child of my father. Twenty-third and the 13th on my mother side. There are only two of us remaining now; my sister and I. I went to school, primary school, in Daura and Kaduna, also a primary school, in Kachia. I also attended Kaduna Provincial Secondary School, now Government College. I didn’t work for a day. I joined the military in 1962.

You mean as a boy soldier?

No, after school certificate. There was an officer cadet school from here in Kaduna, called Nigeria Military Training College then. In April 1962, I went to the United Kingdom (UK), Mons Officers Cadet School.

You mean the famous Mons Officers…?

Yes. And when I was commissioned, I came back and I was posted to 2nd Infantry Battalion in Abeokuta. That was my first posting. The battalion was in the Democratic Republic of Congo. I went there. When I came back from there, I was first in Lagos, as Transport Officer. That was where I was till the January coup. I was posted back to my battalion and we were posted to Kaduna here. And then, there was a counter coup, civil war, coup and counter-coup. We participated. I too was overthrown and detained for more than three years. And having had that major political setback when I was made a head of state and then, ended up in detention, I went out and eventually, I decided to join party politics, participated three times and lost as presidential candidate and I am still in and fighting.

You have never given up?

Even though I said at some stage that I wouldn’t present myself for candidature again, I said I remain in party politics as long as I have breath in me.

Your Excellency, why did you join the Army?

The interest was built while I was in secondary school. The emirs of Katsina, from Dikko, were known to be interested in the military. They always have members of the military or police in their family right from World War 11. One of the emirs of Kaduna-Dikko died in Burma. And of course, everybody in the country knows General Hassan, the son of the Emir of Katsina. He was grandson of Emir Dukko. So, when General Hassan was in Sandhurst, we were in secondary school in Kaduna. His father, the Emir of Katsina, Usman Nagogo, used to ask him to go and talk to the senior students who were in form four to six, to get them interested in the military. And we were told that he deliberately wanted a military cadet unit in Kaduna Secondary School. Then, it was limited to Federal Government Colleges or Government Colleges and we had a military cadet unit, which I joined.

https://dailypost.ng/2012/12/23/i-forgiven-obasanjo-i-wont-forget-babangida-me-buhari/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by sarrki(m): 4:48am On Oct 14, 2020
We the electorate that genuinely voted for you based on your promise to fight corruption and stop incessant killings will never forgive you too

You lied to us

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by helinues: 4:49am On Oct 14, 2020
shocked
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by Born2Breed(f): 4:51am On Oct 14, 2020
grin
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by MOLOTOVcockTAIL(m): 4:54am On Oct 14, 2020
Vegetable
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by Ikengawo: 4:54am On Oct 14, 2020
sarrki:
We the electorate that genuinely voted for you based on your promise to fight corruption and stop incessant killings will never forgive you too

You lied to us

He never promised anything. People like you lied for him and made up quotes

22 Likes

Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by Zendinho(m): 4:55am On Oct 14, 2020
And the President is shocked grin grin

AM NOT SURPRISED...

He cannot forgive and forget...

REMEMBER DASUKI? cheesy grin

If you know, you know grin cheesy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by saucespecies: 5:32am On Oct 14, 2020
Look how easier it was in their own time to join the military... But now they made everything difficult for this present generation.

If you are still supporting PDP or APC, you are on your own because both are the cause of the present situation on ground.

#AbetterNigeriawewant#

Wishing all genuinely hustlers out there a wonderful and successful day ahead.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by tit(f): 5:47am On Oct 14, 2020
sarrki:
I went to school, primary school, in Daura and Kaduna, also a primary school, in Kachia. I also attended Kaduna Provincial Secondary School, now Government College. I didn’t work for a day. I joined the military in 1962.

You mean as a boy soldier?

No, after school certificate. There was an officer cadet school from here in Kaduna, called Nigeria Military Training College then. In April 1962, I went to the United Kingdom (UK), Mons Officers Cadet School.

He went to Mons April 1962, joined NMTC earlier.
So he must have gotten his GCE/WASC in May/June 1961?

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by kenzysmith: 5:49am On Oct 14, 2020
Who your forgiveness help and how he take affect us

Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by Etrusen(m): 5:55am On Oct 14, 2020
Ikengawo:

He never promised anything. People like you lied for him and made up quotes

so you are saying he didn't make any promise?

or you think election can be won without providing meaningful party agenda in an electoral process?

just check this link out, come back afterwards to tell me he didnt make promise, I GO JUST FROM HERE SLAP YOU NOW NOW !!!!

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DwSVVZXlqWRA&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjf3cyTpLPsAhUHsaQKHdL-CoAQtwIwAHoECAMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0uIrdWxuXGTVpO4K9x4_ZM
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by Racoon(m): 5:55am On Oct 14, 2020
Sarrki why are you on the upbeat these days? Perhaps your zombiesm have started again or because the chances are getting slimmer for your Burdillion bullion vans demigod? Thought you said Bubu went to US army war college qualifies him as a competent ruler? So why all these your rantings?

Meanwhile all these lamentations simply proved that Mr president is truly a dull incompetent man with no mind of his own. OBJ & IBB have their shortcomings but they faced them courageously & not lamenting their fate like this.Big boys dont cry.Buhari is a thorough disgrace to all Maj.Generals
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by Racoon(m): 5:56am On Oct 14, 2020
saucespecies:
Look how easier it was in their own time to join the military... But now they made everything difficult for this present generation.....
False! He got enlisted into the army based on the prevailing defective quota system back then.See the qualification wherein he entered the army:
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:57am On Oct 14, 2020
sarrki:

You lied to us
abeg go Siddon! angry

Why are you so hungry for attention from unintelligent folks? You disgust me aswear

2012 gist for that matter!

Spit!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by MajesticKris: 6:03am On Oct 14, 2020
Just imagine the person we elected, still

Fulani people don't forgive..
This man come for revenge
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by Marine54(m): 6:08am On Oct 14, 2020
I am not surprise , the Fulani's never forgive or forget !
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by 444crop: 6:12am On Oct 14, 2020
#killcorruptpoliticians# is my harshtag
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 14, 2020
sarrki:

You lied to us

You should be Ashamed of yourself for saying this, so you follow vote this problems to Nigerians?
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by jlinkd78(m): 6:23am On Oct 14, 2020
Noted
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by DMerciful(m): 6:24am On Oct 14, 2020
K
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by descarado: 6:27am On Oct 14, 2020
Kingscee:

You should be Ashamed of yourself for saying this, so you follow vote this problems to Nigerians?
He was a staunch supporter by proxy.
Seem he has seen the handwriting on the wall that his master tinubu might end up not being the president,he and his fellow praise singers are now twisting their mouths.

At a point he couldn't hid it again and was vigorously campaigning for tinubu.

If tomorrow, we see tinubu and Buhari together,he will change tone again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:28am On Oct 14, 2020
sarrki:

You lied to us
Yet you voted him twice Smh
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by WonderManly(m): 6:33am On Oct 14, 2020
Na you sabi. Wetin concern us!
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by yenereal(m): 6:36am On Oct 14, 2020
angry

Nigerians have not forgiven you.
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:37am On Oct 14, 2020
sarrki:

You lied to us

All of them are unforgivable!
Posterity will judge their generations for what they did!
The heavens will judge them!

Nonsense Rubbish Useless Evil People!!! angry angry angry
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by nairalandankrah: 6:45am On Oct 14, 2020
He goat

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by mightyhazel: 7:01am On Oct 14, 2020
sarrki:

You lied to us
rie nsi

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by IamWonderful: 7:03am On Oct 14, 2020
imagine
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by awesomely: 7:12am On Oct 14, 2020
descarado:

He was a staunch supporter by proxy.
Seen he has seen the handwriting on the wall that his master tinubu might end up not being the president,he and his fellow praise singers are now twisting their mouths.

At a point he couldn't hid it again and was vigorously campaigning for tinubu.

If tomorrow, we see tinubu and Buhari together,he will change tone again.

I tell u bro. Buhari has scammed him and his bullion van Master, because no more 2023 for the Lagos Tax Master. Sources in APC say that, Buhari will rather support Osinbajo for 2023.

Sarrki is in very severe pains, that's the reason for this post.
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by TecM0: 7:16am On Oct 14, 2020
Posting a 2012 interview in 2020
Re: I Have Not Forgiven Obasanjo & I Won’t Forget What Babangida Did To Me – Buhari by SweetJoystick(m): 7:16am On Oct 14, 2020
sarrki:

You lied to us
Na now day break? Your wailing never start

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians React To The Federal Government New Prices For Intl. Passport / NIN Enrollment Center: How To Become An Agent / Apart From Lagos,which Other Yoruba State Can Obi Get 25%?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.