Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,905 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Thoughts On Islam By Deji Yesufu - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thoughts On Islam By Deji Yesufu (473 Views)

Biodun Fatoyinbo Aka "Robust Reply" Visits Ibadan By Deji Yesufu / ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu / Stephanie Otobo's Apology To Apostle Suleman By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thoughts On Islam By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 11:38am On Oct 14, 2020
Islam: Blood on the Apologists’ Dance Floor I

By: Deji Yesufu

Reaching Muslims through apologetics has not been a ministry option I considered until I received a message from Korede Olawoyin, who requested I come to his channel and speak on Islam. I told him that I did not know much on the subject but that there is a perspective on Cessationism that can help to prove the falsehood of Islam. Although hindered by poor internet connection, I was able to make a case for the falsehood of the Islamic revelation that came through Mohammed by pointing Christians to the words of Apostle Paul in Galatians 1:6-9. My argument was essentially this: God has given us a final revelation through Jesus Christ and that revelation was articulated for us by his apostles. The final revelation of God to humanity is Jesus and his words in the Bible. Paul, incidentally in that Galatian scripture, stated that even if an angel was to give anyone a revelation different from what he and other apostles have preached, that person should be accursed. Almost 600 years after penning those words, Mohammed began to receive revelations from an angel in a cave in Arabia.

Prior to my invitation by Olawoyin, the only Christian apologist, whose arguments I listened to on Islam, was Dr. James R. White. Dr. White utilizes a method of argument that is very gentlemanly. In fact I suspect that he is often invited to debate in mosques because he hardly rocks the Muslim’s boat. One Christian apologist, Christian Prince, criticizing Dr. White’s methodology, called him “Mohammed James White”. The message is clear: James White is too chummy with Muslims and his manner of reaching them is causing little offence and at the same time bringing little results.

Three months ago, I stumbled on another Christian apologist, with a ministry to Muslims on YouTube. His name: Dr. David Wood. David Wood utilizes unconventional methods at reaching Muslims and as a result hundreds of Muslims around the world are coming to faith in Jesus Christ through his ministry. Wood is a diagnosed sociopath. When he was 18 years old, and not yet a Christian, he took a sledge hammer and bashed his father’s head in – while the man was sleeping. Prior to that incident, Wood’s life ambition was to become a serial killer. He was ultimately arrested and slammed in jail – while at the same time psychiatrists had diagnosed him as a sociopath/psychopath. While in jail, David Wood encountered the gospel through his bunk mate, who was a Christian. After doing time, Wood went on to college and grabbed a degree in Philosophy. He would eventually get two Masters and a PhD. His interest in reaching Muslims came about when he befriended Nabeel Quereshi in college. Through a four year period, Nabeel and David challenged each other to prove the veracity of each other’s religion. They had some kind of signed pact that whoever’s religion proved true, was the religion that both of them would eventually adopt.

For three years, Nabeel examined the biblical claims on Jesus and came to the conclusion that indeed a historical Jesus once lived and died and rose again. He also discovered that the gospel, as recorded in the Bible, was true. He however said that although he has proven that Christianity was 90% true, he still regarded Islam as 100% true. David Wood now challenged his friend to use the same standards with which he investigated Christianity, Christ and his claims; that he should use the same standards on the Qur’an and Mohammed. In less than a year, Nabeel’s faith was shattered. He went into crisis of faith and emerged a Christian. Then David and Nabeel began to take their discoveries and share them with Muslims on the internet. Nabeel’s book “Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus” became a bestseller and has become a tool for reaching Muslims around the world. The two friends opened a YouTube channel, called it Act17Apologetics and use it to witness to Muslims around the world. Nabeel eventually took up employment with the Ravi Zacharias International Ministry (RZIM). Unfortunately, at the height of his ministry and fame, he was diagnosed with stomach cancer and died in September 2017. He was only 33 years old.

When Nabeel died, some Muslim apologists sought to spite David and him; thus they made the remark that Nabeel “was seeking Jesus and found cancer”. This statement, and other remarks made to spite his friend’s death, led David to begin some kind of unconventional apologetics. He made 30 videos of approximately 10 minutes each, that he called “Islamize Me”. In these videos, David and two of his friends set out to become Muslims. They decide to take the Qur’an’s literal commands each day for 30 days. At the end of the odyssey, the guys are thoroughly disillusioned and they decide to return to Christianity. A lot of the things that those videos portrayed about Islam and Mohammed looked very untrue; except that David and his friends got their instructions from the Qur’an and from trusted hadiths. The videos were satirical and funny but whoever watched them got the message. Dr. James White criticized the videos, saying that they were not “Christian” ways for reaching people with the gospel. But, for me, those videos unveiled a dimension on Islam that I had never known. I would be listing some of those facts in the third part of this series.

Then David Wood was invited to debate Mohammed Hijab. Hijab is a young man from London and a Muslim apologist. The debate had Hijab breaking all the rules of modern debates and leading him to shout David down and portray him as someone who did not know enough on Islam to debate on it. Many Muslims regarded Hijab’s grandiloquence as his winning the debate. David Wood would not allow the matter to die down. It led him to begin to produce another video series he titled “Mohammed’s Boom Boom Room”. In these videos, Mohammed meets with different personalities in the world. Again in a satirical and comical manner, the true Mohammed is unveiled. Along with these videos, Wood is also making short videos explaining Islam to his viewers. Most of what he discusses in these videos are the findings that he and Nabeel discovered on Islam as Nabeel transited from Islam to Christianity. On the Acts17Apologetics YouTube channel, you will find other apologists like Sam Shamoun, Christian Prince, Hatun Tash, Vocab Marlone, Robert Spencer, William Craig, Jay Smith, Al Fadi and others. All of these people are reaching out to Muslim, presenting the gospel to them. The most interesting part is that thousands of people around the world are turning to Christ in the process. Wood’s methodology may be unconventional but the mere fact that people are coming to the Lord in the process, is proof that God’s hands are on top of this man.

Continued in Part 2.

Source: https://textandpublishing.com/islam-blood-on-the-apologists-dance-floor-i/

Attached photo: David Wood

Re: Thoughts On Islam By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 11:42am On Oct 14, 2020
Islam: Blood on the Apologists’ Dance Floor II

In the Muslim vs. Christian apologists’ world, there are common arguments that the two sides present to each other. One of such arguments is the fact of the veracity of the revelations given to Christians and Muslims in the Qur’an and the Bible. After the coming of higher biblical criticisms of the 18/19th centuries, Christians have come to understand that our Bible suffers from the thorny matter of variants in its reading. The truth of the matter is that every document of antiquity suffers from this matter of variants. The original texts of the Bible were written on Papyri. These were materials made from plants that people used as writing material in the first century. The truth is that with time, these materials grow old and are destroyed. Thus, Christians of old preserved their scriptures by copying from the originals. In the process of copying, mistakes will be introduced into the text. Sometimes copiers added their own thoughts to the text. So that through a period of 2,000 years the original words of the apostles could have been distorted. Higher Criticism proved this fact and it led to millions renouncing Christianity in Europe in the 18th/19th centuries. However, theologians have discovered that even though we do not have the original writing of the apostles today, we have thousands of copied manuscripts from the second, third and fourth centuries. All of these manuscripts can be compared with each other and the most likely original statements of the apostles can be constructed out of them. Besides this, the church fathers of the 1st and 2nd centuries wrote copious amount of treatises and quoted the New Testament so often; such that we can reconstruct the whole New Testament from the writings of the fathers. The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls has also helped to prove the veracity of the Old Testament scriptures. Christians came into the 20th century with greater confidence in the veracity of their scriptures and thus we have people affirming the inerrancy of scriptures today.

Islam, on the hand, had maintained a theory that the Qur’an, although a document of antiquity, and even younger than the New Testament by 700 years, has been miraculously preserved by God. They say that there is not one Arabic Qur’an in the world that is different from the other. They say there is no variant in the Qur’anic manuscripts. While scholars, who have investigated this claims in the ivory towers, have found this to be untrue; the narrative of the Quran’s perfect preservation has continued to be told to Muslims all through the centuries. Something however happened two months ago, that changed this whole saga. A Muslim scholar by the name Imam Yasir Qadhi came on the YouTube channel of Mohammed Hijab. Qadhi studied at Cambridge and is quite versed in the Qur’an. Hijab pressed Qadhi to answer the question on the matter of the Qur’an’s perfect preservation. At first, Qadhi said that this matter was not to be discussed in public. Eventually he admitted that “there were holes in the narrative” that says that the Quran has been perfectly preserved through the centuries. He admitted that the Qur’an had variants; just like any document of the antiquity (Watch a “holes in the narrative freestyle” here).

This statement threw the apologists’ world into frenzy. Muslims were calling in and saying that they were losing faith in their religion. Hijab pulled down that video from his site but it had already been recorded by Christian apologists. Qadhi will eventually pull down his own video too. This past week, Imam Qadhi announced that he was leaving social media to face his ministry squarely. Admitting that the Qur’an had not been perfectly preserved brought a lot of embarrassment to Muslims around the world. Mohammed Hijab was particularly targeted by many of his colleagues; he even lost his job as an apologist with the organization he was working for. He would eventually begin to let out his frustrations on Christians and former Muslims who are now atheists. One former Muslim, now an atheist, called Apostate Prophet, who is a friend to David Wood, would come under Hijab’s attack. Hijab took the Apostate Prophet’s wife pictures off social media and began to make derogatory remarks on her – using sexual suggestive words, he urged his followers to find the lady and rape her. David Wood, the maniac that he was, took it personal and warned Hijab to take down the tweets. Hijab did not. In one of the videos Wood made a month ago, he took a page of the Qur’an and ate it up. He has since begun to take pages of the Qur’an to make into figurines of pigs and other symbols abominable to Muslims. Hijab has stopped attacking Apostate Prophet and others but Wood has carried on with his ventures. Recently, the matter of doxing came into the apologetics world. Some Muslims would trace the physical home address of Christian apologists and broadcast them to their fellow Muslims on social media, with the hope that these people might be attacked in their home and maybe killed. This is why I fear the coming of blood on the apologists’ dance floor in the world of Christian/Muslims apologetics.

On a personal note, when I began to criticize some practices in Christianity, I got a number of Muslims who hailed what I was doing. I was never comfortable with this but I felt that Christians needed to hear me out. Largely, I am done criticizing Christians. I am spending my time now to teach Christians who care to hear the things that are right. On the other hand, I have been making veiled criticism of Islam in the past few months and the reaction has not been very good. My Christian friends used to tell me that Christians could handle criticism better than Muslim; I am just finding that out now. It appears that the way Muslims deal with their critics is not by engaging the arguments but by killing off their opponents or shutting them up. All the Christian apologists that engage Muslims on YouTube continually report messages sent to them by Muslim threatening their lives. My own life has not been threatened and I do not know how long it will take for the first death threat to come.

Concluded in the third part.

Source: https://textandpublishing.com/islam-blood-on-the-apologists-dance-floor-ii/

Attached photo: Al Fadi, David Wood and Sam Shamoun (L-R)

Re: Thoughts On Islam By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 11:45am On Oct 14, 2020
Islam: Blood on the Apologists’ Dance Floor III

Here is one fact that I have discovered on Islam that is quite uncomfortable and I sincerely invite my Muslim readers to explain these things if they choose to write a rejoinder to this piece (I will publish the most well written). On the level of their revelations alone, Muslims and Christians can continue to debate the veracity of their religion till thy kingdom come; there will apparently be no end to the argument. But there is one fact of the two religions that is wholly incomparable – I will soon come to this. Note that this two religions are monotheist. The two religions claim to worship an unseen God. The two religions have personalities that revealed them to the world. For Christianity, it is Jesus Christ. For Islam, it is Mohammed. Mohammed occupies such a central position in Islam that one who wishes to be a Muslim must say the Shahada. This confession has a phrase in it that declares that one who will be a Muslim must regard Mohammed as God’s prophet. So, we can agree that the two religion shore up two personalities: Jesus and Mohammed. This is where things begin to get interesting.

By biblical account, Jesus Christ was the perfect man. He was the God-man, who took up flesh and lived uprightly in all his 33 years on earth. Scripture reveal that Christ lived and died and rose again to obtain eternal redemption for God’s people. The central message of the Qur’an also acknowledges the ministry of the Christ. However, there was the need to bring a new revelation from God, according to the Qur’an, because the Christians and Jews had corrupted their own revelation: the Torah and the Bible. Mohammed, the last prophet, therefore was given the true revelation from God. The problem is this: Christ lived an upright life but Mohammed did not live quite an upright life. Going the records of the life of Mohammed as recorded in various trusted hadiths, it was said that the Muslim greatest example did the following:

Mohammed married Aisha at the age of 6 and consummated the marriage with her at the age of 9. This is the reason why child bride is not a big deal in Islam, at least not until recent times.

Mohammed was a violent man. The concept of Jihad was taken directly from his life works. Mohammed did not only fight to defend himself; he also fought offensive battles. In fact Mohammed was killed after he was poisoned by a woman, whose family the prophet and his followers had destroyed in a battle. Many argue that Boko Haram and ISIS are the true followers of Mohammed.

Mohammed orchestrated the divorce of his own adopted son from his wife. Mohammed would eventually marry this lady.
Mohammed had 13 wives, while he prescribed 4 wives for his followers.

Mohammed placed no limits on the number of women his followers could have sex with – as long as these women were spoils of war.

Mohammed received revelations from the devil and thought these revelations were from God. These verses were later called the “satanic verses”. Writer Salman Rushdie had a death sentence placed on his head for writing on this subject in the early 1990s.

Mohammed slept with 9 of his wives in one night.

I confess that the lists are endless and the records of these events are taken from trusted hadiths. You will understand how important the hadiths are when you realize that the Qur’an cannot be understood besides the hadiths. The hadiths give Qur’anic verses a context. It is the hadiths, not the Qur’an, that tell Muslims to pray five times a day. It is these hadiths that tell of these sordid acts of Mohammed. When Nabeel Quereshi began to investigate Christianity, he discovered that the religion was an upright religion; birth by a perfect man – Jesus Christ. He then used the same standards of investigation on the Qur’an and his faith fell apart. We can understand why this will happen – especially after one has found out that the main figure in one religion, Jesus, was perfect; while the main figure in the other religion was not. If one were to put the two religions side by side, and one is to be honest with onself, you cannot but bow to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. This was what led Nabeel to Christianity. And I hope it might lead many Muslims reading this piece to reconsider their religion and hear out the gospel message.

One of David Woods friends, Vocab Marlone, the guy who plays Mohammed in the “Mohammed Boom Boom Room” series, has gotten his YouTube channel demonetized. He no longer earns anything from YouTube adverts. Wood has been raising the alarm of the systematic persecution of Christian apologists by the Western Media. The narrative that Islam is a religion of peace has been sold to the West and anyone that speaks to the contrary has his channel or medium shut down. Wood has since left Facebook because the social media forum continually blocks his posts of Islam. Hatun Tash, a Turkish lady who came to Christ while living in London, has made it her ministry to reach out to Muslims there. She goes to a place called “Speakers’ Corner” and debates Muslims there. Recently Hatun discovered as many as 39 different Arabic Qur’ans sold all around the world. She has since taken her discovery to Speakers’ Corner and on many occasions, she has been assaulted and had to be rescued by the police. In fact the police have told her that her life is in danger. Robert Spencer speaks of how the venue of a cartoon drawing contest was taken over by Jihadist, who stormed it – shooting into the crowd. His life was spared but others were killed. David Wood’s life is continually being threatened on social media and he speaks jokingly about a Jihadist chopping off his head one of these days.

It is important that Muslims will understand that their is no criticism that there religion is undergoing today that Christianity has not gone through. The West, which originally was Christian, is largely secular today because the myth of religion has been defused there – or so they say. Those who are Christians in the West today are Christians because Christ has revealed himself to them through his word. Islam would have to trust the new direction that religious criticism is going in our world today. They would have to understand that the life of Mohammed and the revelation he brought, the Qur’an, will come under scrutiny. If they spend their time defending their faith, they may have something left to salvage. If they however take the easy part of violence and kill off their critics, they would have blood on the apologists’ dance floor but it would not immune their religion from the mass of apostasy that is already hitting it. Islam underwent new scrutiny following the 9/11 attacks on New York City. The narrative that the religion is a religion of peace was brought under question. How a religion claims to be peaceful and at the same time has so many adherents that choose to settle scores with violence is the question that Islam should answer in our day and time.

Series is Ended.

Source: https://textandpublishing.com/islam-blood-on-the-apologists-dance-floor-iii/

Attached photo: Mohammed Hijab

Re: Thoughts On Islam By Deji Yesufu by sagenaija: 9:24pm On Oct 14, 2020
The morals of a man of God should ordinarily be expected to be higher than those of the followers. Not Mohamed's.

As an example to be followed, there are many 'privileges' Mohamed enjoyed which his followers cannot emulate. As a result there are many things Mohamed did that his followers cannot follow as examples.

As a prophet there were issues with his operating in the office of a prophet. Of course the Islamic definition of a prophet may be different from what the general understanding is.

Islam's books do not help matters. Both the Koran and Hadiths have contradictory statements such that one can find an opposite position for any issue in the books. As a result Moslem apologists use this to argue with opponents, picking whichever position they choose to confuse the unsuspecting opponents.

Many Moslems have to CLOSE their minds to difficult to understand and difficult to follow portion of their books and also to some of Mohamed's reasoning and actions to be able to hold on to or remain in Islam.
Re: Thoughts On Islam By Deji Yesufu by Anas09: 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2020
Muslims took Islam to the west thinking to convert everyone Westerner only to have their sons and daughters exposed to apostasy.

In their countries, their children stay in Islam for fear of being killed, but thats not the case in the West.
The biggest mistake they wld do is to start kilking Christian Apologists.
Christian Prince is wrecking havoc and turning spool many away from Islam using their very koran.

Their sons will leave Islam enmass if they kill someone like David Wood or the Apostate Prophet.

Islam is very fragile right now. Internet is not helping them.

Let the media try as they may, it won't work. Many Ex Moslems are still coming out to expose the lies of Islam.
Re: Thoughts On Islam By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 10:30pm On Oct 14, 2020
sagenaija:
The morals of a man of God should ordinarily be expected to be higher than those of the followers. Not Mohamed's.

As an example to be followed, there are many 'privileges' Mohamed enjoyed which his followers cannot emulate. As a result there are many things Mohamed did that his followers cannot follow as examples.

As a prophet there were issues with his operating in the office of a prophet. Of course the Islamic definition of a prophet may be different from what the general understanding is.

Islam's books do not help matters. Both the Koran and Hadiths have contradictory statements such that one can find an opposite position for any issue in the books. As a result Moslem apologists use this to argue with opponents, picking whichever position they choose to confuse the unsuspecting opponents.

Many Moslems have to CLOSE their minds to difficult to understand and difficult to follow portion of their books and also to some of Mohamed's reasoning and actions to be able to hold on to or remain in Islam.

True
Re: Thoughts On Islam By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 10:30pm On Oct 14, 2020
Anas09:
Muslims took Islam to the west thinking to convert everyone Westerner only to have their sons and daughters exposed to apostasy.

In their countries, their children stay in Islam for fear of being killed, but thats not the case in the West.
The biggest mistake they wld do is to start kilking Christian Apologists.
Christian Prince is wrecking havoc and turning spool many away from Islam using their very koran.

Their sons will leave Islam enmass if they kill someone like David Wood or the Apostate Prophet.

Islam is very fragile right now. Internet is not helping them.

Let the media try as they may, it won't work. Many Ex Moslems are still coming out to expose the lies of Islam.

Fact

(1) (Reply)

Any Chance Of Another Life After Death? I Have Messed Up This One / Dream Of Farming And Harvesting Yam / See Why Christianity Is Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.