Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Ikorodu Road Lagos - A Death Trap - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Ikorodu Road Lagos - A Death Trap (1548 Views)

Loud Explosions Heard In Lagos A Couple Of Minutes Ago!! / Clean Tokunbor 2008 Honda Accord For Sale In Lagos @ A Good Price / New Tires : Death Trap?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ikorodu Road Lagos - A Death Trap by boladez(m): 6:29pm On Jun 24, 2007
Good People,

Please avoid Ikorodu Road at Dusk or Dawn; it has become a real death trap. The ongoing construction by LAMATA is being done with NO regard for Public safety.

I had a very frightening experince with my Wife and only child in the vehicle this morning when I ran into a ditch (or Gapping pothole)  just before Anthony busstop while avoiding the concrete divider.  As if that was not enough we ran into a flowing river just by palmgrove bustop due to the early morning rain. I was only lucky because I was moving at just about 40km/h, I saw several vehicles that had ended up on the road divider and two of them hit the BRT construction concrete.

Please can the Lagos State govt put flashing lights or something on the new BRT concrete Dividers,  patch the really bad spots on this road and put some form of self illuminating road markings while the construction is going on.  I see accidents on this road everytime I ply the route.

If anyone in this forum knows whoever is responsible; kindly tell them to do something fast to save lives, you never can tell the next victim might be his/her relation.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is A Navigator? / Honda Hala: It Never Gets Better Than This: / I Need A Tear Rubber Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.