Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access (28895 Views)

Explosion Rocks Kogi Government Office / 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road / Dino Melaye Exposes 'Kogi Government Thugs' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by etokhana: 2:26pm On Oct 14, 2020
Youths numbering about 1000 have barricaded the Kogi State Government House protesting over SARS brutality in the state.

The youths who blocked the gate of government thereby preventing any individual including security operatives, government officials, from going out or coming in insist that the disbandment of SARS by the Inspector General of Police Mohammed Adamu was not enough to stop their protest

According to them, there is need for total overhauling of the Nigerian Police force.

The protesters insisted that they want to see the governor even when the chief of staff Pharmacist Jamiu Asuku, State Security Adviser Air Commodore Jerry Omodara and many top government officials made several attempt to address them.

The protest is coming despite the address of the Kogi State Governor Alhaji Yahaya Bello on Tuesday who raised an alarm that some hoodlums have hijacked the genuine protest of Nigerians to end the dreaded Special Anti Robbery Squad unit which was established in 1992.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/10/14/breaking-end-sars-protesters-block-kogi-govt-house-denies-security-operatives-access/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Brandstudio01: 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2020
People it is now or never.
The Time to take back our heritage is here

Don't mind some Ass lickers.

Welcome to the New Nigerian spirit. Our independence begins here.
With one voice we can take back our land from those who have divide us.

#EndSARS
#StopPoliceBrutality

Next Movement is

#STOP CORRUPTION

Abeg joor, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2020
Naija Don dey hot, abeg oo let's be calming down oo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Realdon1(m): 2:38pm On Oct 14, 2020
Oboy. This case tie wrapper. This one pass ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta( shoot at sight) governor. We are watching in 3d. But Buhari and Bello should understand that boys are not smiling this time.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by dlaw70(m): 2:45pm On Oct 14, 2020
clearly ,politicians have hijacked this endsars saga. Revolutionaries also have a lot to gain.
At this point,I seriously doubt the continues oneness of Nnigeria.

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Fahdiga(m): 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
Nice one but I think politicians have already hijacked this protest for their selfish reasons

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Yahksbiz(m): 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
I thought kogi na north

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Authority1o1(m): 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2020
Okay...

This is becoming irksome. Respect and regard is reciprocal. The government has decided to dissolve SARS (The protest and clamour of which I partook) and peace is not too much to be for.

Let them not make them take drastic measures.
Ah!

Modified:I believe in oneness of voice and and goal and the resistance to oppression. Infact I'm an full-blown advocate of such.

If we want a better government, let's clamour for it under a new tag. Let's go all out and request for it!

Now my own is that when the government starts
revolting, no one would be on the side of the protesters because SARS has been disbanded. Even the international world and those figures who stood for us will begin to see us as rebellious and easily frown.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2020
Oh! Finally,they have reached Kogi state?

You see what APC and in fact, the whole political class has caused over the years by not creating jobs.

Now,tell me, they ain't all students. Some of them are graduates who are jobless.

I was able to hear some gossips yesterday at a beer parlor where I went to relax and one was a graduate and a school-father who brought all his school-sons to join the protest. After the protest,they all went for relaxation and I was all hears at what they were saying.

Who would believe this will go thus far as it has gone now? Guys are jobless,,,inflation on the rise without corresponding increased in income.

I took 20k to the market to buy stuffs and to my amazement, I could only buy bag of semo,dozen of spagg, 5 lit of red oil,beans,rice ,garri and other few things...money is gone.

Now,a plate of peppersoup fish(head) is #800 while the price of beer remains fixed. Why would the average farmer increase the price of yam,tomato,red oil,beans and other stuffs when the cost of production remains the same?

Some things need to be regulated by the govt else these businessmen and women will keep inflating the price to the detriment of the final consumers.

Let the govt go for price control or what do we have them for? Aren't their economist in the govt who know what to do? Or are they just going to school without practicing what they have studied in school?

Protest will keep on going till the govt does what is right. SWAT isn't the problem of the youths, they are just hiding under that mantra to protest.

Check my gig via my link to place your order,thanks.

32 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by tot(f): 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2020
Excellent. It's no longer business as usual.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by TAGM(m): 3:30pm On Oct 14, 2020
This is becoming more than endsars. There's a yearning in the hearts of the youths.

"If you disturb a goat too much, it bites" - Proverb

Prayers of the saints cannot be in vain. Clouds are gathering.

It is one thing to be saved from the unfortunate ills that plague one by virtue of being a citizen of Nigeria, and another to be saved from the damnation of hell that comes upon Satan and his followers. Living in Nigeria alone you experience some degree of avoidable sufferings.

As we await the liberation of Nigeria totally from the unfortunate charades and woes betiding it, let's make diligence to be saved through the blood of Jesus Christ that was shed on the cross for the remission of the sins of the world.

20 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 14, 2020
sad angry angry sad

We don't want to just end sars, we want restructuring and state police. Enough of abokki illiterates oligarchy on the south. Restructure Nigeria now and give us state police.

19 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Adaorababy(f): 3:30pm On Oct 14, 2020
Sorry, Kogites. Protest is over already. Be sure to be current about news regarding live events next time, please

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by osamz007: 3:30pm On Oct 14, 2020
FORCE THAT STUPID MAN TO PAY SALARIES TOO

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Jeremiahgynag(m): 3:30pm On Oct 14, 2020
There is a time IGP ban road block across the country, you know what police men did, they join hand with hooligans to be kidnapped and robbery in any popular schools in the country so that they will be excuses to introduce road blocks as per they are daily earning,
Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by thaoriginator: 3:30pm On Oct 14, 2020
Wetin dey sup!

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by bolaayenimo: 3:31pm On Oct 14, 2020
Hope they succeeded in breaking Yahaya Bello's head?

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by speak2bella(f): 3:32pm On Oct 14, 2020
God please protect this young men and women from every form of ta ta ta ta ta.

7 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by pretydiva(f): 3:32pm On Oct 14, 2020
Revolution loading.............

6 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by pretydiva(f): 3:32pm On Oct 14, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Hope they succeeded in breaking Yahaya Bello's head?

He nor go bold come out nau

8 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Dominiqueismad: 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2020
Good
Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by ednut1(m): 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2020
Yaya Bello wont be affected. Na abuja he go dey
Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by iamvictorbassey: 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2020
Ha!
Yahaya will ask that they be observed, known and their details taken secretly.

If they over do, that guy can fuçk them up afterwards. You know say Yahaya na young boy too.
Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Finnese001: 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
Good
Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Mikelarteta(m): 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2020
This thing is getting out of hand. I hope there is not more the just ending SARS. This is what happens when leaders turn deaf ear to the suffering of the people. Joblessness and anger in the land is the fuel fueling this protest.

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Dansioligy: 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2020
This is the Revolution Sowore have been preaching since! now it has kicked off on its own. I can bet this protest will have U turn from #Endsars to #Endcorruption
Revolution loading.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by PrinceMajestic: 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2020
The painful thing is most of these lousy youths are not bothered about their being out of school. Everyone want to trend with this rubbish. Buhari know what to do to adequately handle those disturbing the peace of Nigeria in all states

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by Harrybliss(m): 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2020
Another level.
Make men switch to main matter.
The issue is beyond endsars and endswat.
Make we worry the government entirely
������
Re: EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access by DrBrainstorm(m): 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2020
undecided Why dem no protest against non payment of salaries?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Grants Baba Ijesha ₦2 Million Bail / Lagos Guber Tribunal: US Immigration Lawyer Testifies Against Deputy Governor / FFK to Senate: Insist Ali Appears Stark Unclad or Brought in Chains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.