Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian (55225 Views)

Army Launches ‘Crocodile Smile’ As #EndSARS Protests Spread To More Cities / Elections: ONSA Says There's No Plan To Shut Down Internet / Buhari’s Body Double Suspicion That Won’t Go Away - The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Dididrumz(m): 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2020
sodiqapril:
These people are idiots ...the youths organised protested, made arrangements for food and drinks, raincoats in case it rains, sleeping bags, medicals attention, there is free legal services for anyone arrested illegally for peaceful protests..the federal government blocked the account for the protest, within 24 hrs, a bitcoin account was opened and it already has over 1m..they probably think we are in the stone age if they block internet, we will use VPN and it will surely end it tears for them...our demands are not much stop attacking innocent protesters, sack the IG, compensate the family of everyone that died at the hands of animals I'm uniform, prosecute erring officers, let them stop moving around unidentified with AK-47 we no Dy Syria, lastly improve the welfare of the Police also..they are peoples families also..if not

Well spoken.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Nchenches: 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2020
Shut internet in order to protect the wicked and lopsided political structure and constitution created by Fulani-loyal soldiers.

The greatest enemies of humanity in West Africa are people who want one Nigeria to continue.

You don’t keep many masters - indegenous nations to form one country under unitary government system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by obawinner(m): 8:56pm On Oct 14, 2020
I hope they do, African leaders fear International community
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Naijaarchive(m): 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2020
They wan pour petrol to already wide fire.... It will surely end in chaos am certain

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by ruggedtimi(m): 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2020
sodiqapril:
These people are idiots ...the youths organised protested, made arrangements for food and drinks, raincoats in case it rains, sleeping bags, medicals attention, there is free legal services for anyone arrested illegally for peaceful protests..the federal government blocked the account for the protest, within 24 hrs, a bitcoin account was opened and it already has over 1m..they probably think we are in the stone age if they block internet, we will use VPN and it will surely end it tears for them...our demands are not much stop attacking innocent protesters, sack the IG, compensate the family of everyone that died at the hands of animals I'm uniform, prosecute erring officers, let them stop moving around unidentified with AK-47 we no Dy Syria, lastly improve the welfare of the Police also..they are peoples families also..if not
if you use VPN which netwrk u go use?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Pweetyccee(f): 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2020
Yeye government
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by petitejolie(f): 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2020
Did u notice that this is d first time the south is speaking with one voice and its d youth. None of d elders in the south has come out to scold dem. The south is sending a message. This is not the time of the old

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by ruggedtimi(m): 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2020
mascot87:
Someone or some group of people need to start orientating us on how to access the internet if the FG decide to shot the internet
they might shutdown netwrks also like glo/mtn. So aint going to be easy

Sheriman:
Does Nigerian Government knows how to turn internet off?? Many of these leaders Especially those abokis have analog brain
E easy baba, just one order to internet providers and internet is down in Nigeria. Is not like they want to censor sites , but the whole internet.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Laxy009(m): 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2020
If the government shutdown the internet that means they are adding more gasoline to the burning fire . People who don’t want to come out will be forced.

Shutting down the internet space is a violation of fundamental human right of freedom of speech .

What we demanding for is not too much . Let them executes those demand and those that cane be executes they should give certain timeline for it to know when it will be done and when it’s not done we go back to the street .

Power belongs to the people not to the elected office holder . They’re just a representative !

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by RexTramadol1: 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2020
This is another angle

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by tot(f): 9:02pm On Oct 14, 2020
Sheriman:
Does Nigerian Government knows how to turn internet off?? Many of these leaders Especially those abokis have analog brain

Good question!
Hahahaha analog brain cheesy
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
thesicilian:
That's the worst thing that could happen at this time
it will only increase the protests. The few people that are still staying home and using internet to entertain themselves go come enter street that time. Plus They can’t shut internet for Nigerians abroad.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by meobizy(f): 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
If they cut off the internet na VPN win am.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by WrittyWritter(f): 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
So so Nigeria can shut down d Internet...I hope dey remember dus is Internet age..many businesses go suffer oo..it will not be only d youths protesting anymore...Internet providers go so lose..Bubu and his geng re finally losing it...aswr

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by jaxxy(m): 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
Wrong move that may escalate things. Instead call for more dialogue with the stakeholders.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
bet9ja boiz go swear for buhari grin
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by tot(f): 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
Anago55:
Who else noticed how this yoruba junk media house craftily left out southeastern celebrities who started the ##Endsars# protest while elevating Falz and Wizkid who joined in the later date

Yorubas are worst than SARS

very cunning set of people

Please, no derailing or tribalism! Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by WrittyWritter(f): 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2020
Sheriman:

Dat wat I thought too..Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by EllemGiggy: 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2020
If them like make them even shutdown the country we go wait when them tire dem go reopen am then we reopen the protest. They suddenly want ASUU strike called off to get the youths back to school so that the protest will automatically end...they better embrace it because we are the monster they made

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by toye440: 9:05pm On Oct 14, 2020
byinks:

It will affect POS ATM and crypto.

Destruction of the old economy for a digital one
Bae U are from my world. u too much, i pray bubu tries something stupid.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by tot(f): 9:05pm On Oct 14, 2020
RexTramadol1:
This is another angle

More people need to share this.
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Chrisjay1998(m): 9:08pm On Oct 14, 2020
Hotzone:

Yahoo boy style spotted....always bragging. People dey eat during protest? Lazy loots

So what's your point in all these you Typed ?
you just came online saw someone's comment and decided to let us know how Foolishness and how biased you Are
what is wrong with His Comment
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Kubernetes: 9:08pm On Oct 14, 2020
Make I kuku recharge my thuraya sg2520
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Antoeni(m): 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2020
I thought of it not quite long
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Adoyi87(m): 9:11pm On Oct 14, 2020
Worst mistake if they try such sh*t. I'm at home because I can tweet, if not all of us will be in the street.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by AdetayoNL(m): 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2020
TecM0:
Take away access to internet, and you might create more and more protest

Exactly... Not even might... Protest go come full ground... They will regret even nurturing the idea

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by franklingud(m): 9:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
If we are talking about compensating families that have suffered police brutality, then I should be among because police killed my father too.
Back in 1998, when I was 12. The matter was reported to the then lafia state CID.
But my poor dying father and emotionally wrecked mother couldn't help themselves and had nobody to help them. My father was finally transferred to UNTH Enugu for further treatment but he died on getting to Enugu.
#EndSARS
#EndSWAT
#EndPolicebrurality

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by ukaface(f): 9:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
If they do it, walahi the protest would involve a more massive crowd. It would be double wahala for them

By the way, Buhari daughter wey talk say she protest, never vex ontop her papa non chalant attitude over this matter?? Make she dey deceive herself.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Jabioro: 9:16pm On Oct 14, 2020
If Government try that nonsense..it would end in premium tears for this ineptitude administration..Arab spring will be a child play..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by imagrg(m): 9:16pm On Oct 14, 2020
Peace please.
Re: Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian by Notatribalist(m): 9:16pm On Oct 14, 2020
chriskosherbal:
Really, on what ground..there is no going back on end SARS protest.

Together we stand

Together our voice will be heard.

#endsars.

SARS has ended,come up with another demand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

J.martins At Peter Obi Rally Today - Photos / Obasanjo Donates A Chimpanzee ‘Patience’ To A Zoo / Madaki Moses Storms Niger State Government House Over His Scholarship (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.