Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

DREAMS - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DREAMS (11730 Views)

DREAMS & DATES ( Love Seriez ) / �•City Dreams•� (A Chicklit/YA Novel) / Dreams Could Come True By Tiffany J (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DREAMS by hadayshawlar(f): 11:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
MERRY CHRISTMAS FAM. kiss

SORRY ABOUT THE DELAY, I AM EDITING POSSIBLY THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS STORY. I WILL BE DROPPING IT HERE THE SAME DAY AS WATTPAD ( Soon) .

THERE'S A NEW STORY ON MY PROFILE ON WATTPAD ( YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT). I AM NOT SURE I'LL BE ABLE TO UPDATE HERE REGULARLY. I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU HANGING.

IF YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH MY FIRST NOVEL HERE, THEN YOU PROBABLY KNOW WHO FREDA IS. ITS HER STORY AND IT PROMISES TO BE HOTTER THAN THE FIRST.

SEE YOU NEXT TIME
Re: DREAMS by Kaycee9242(m): 5:48am On Dec 27, 2020
Nice one op
Re: DREAMS by hadayshawlar(f): 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2020
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Fiyi looked around the guest suite as she waited impatiently. She didn’t know what to expect. Olumide and her mother had talked her into this. Now she wished she had brought her brother along since Olumide said he couldn’t come with her.

Like everyone who was considered poor or not well to do, she had decided to leave everything to God. However, Olumide had convinced her that there is a story behind every glory and this may be her chance to at least get something out of the pain she went through.

She sighed again as the waitress brought a pack of juice and peppered meat to her on a tray.

She said her thanks and continued to fiddle with her phone. She wished that she could eat. She had decided to order it when she had been sitting for some time without the arrival of the Wrights.

“I am sorry for keeping you waiting, young lady,” a baritone voice interrupted her musings.

“Good afternoon sir,” she stood up from her chair to greet.

Mr. Wright adjusted his professionally ironed white agbada and folded it in front, holding both flaps together with his hands. Right behind him was his wife who looked her usual self. Sometimes it is difficult to read her expression and August.

August walked up to her and hugged her. “I am sorry,” he whispered.

“It's nothing, ” she whispered back.

“Young man,” his father interrupted, “should I be asking questions?”

“No.No” He replied hurriedly. “She’s Olumide's wife,” he smiled.

Fiyi looked at him and shook her head.

“Good afternoon ma,” she said to Mrs. Wright.

“Good afternoon, ” Fiyi.

“Please seat,” Mr. Wright said to her as they took their seats.

“I’ll allow my wife to start the conversation.”

Mrs. Wright sighed and sat up in her chair.

“Fiyi, I know sorry can not take away the pains that I have caused you, but all I can say is that I am sincerely sorry for everything.

I should have thought about it before taking such drastic action. I thought I was being a good mother. I didn’t know I was falling into a well-laid trap.”

“It’s okay ma.”

“No, it’s not okay,” Mr. Wright interrupted.

“In all, we are deeply sorry. At first, when August told me you didn’t want to meet us, I understood because as a person, I would have done the same. However, no amount of apologies can take away the pains but still, I am sorry.”

August picked one of Fiyi's peppered meat.

“On behalf of my family, apart from the fact that we are sorry about what happened, we have decided to compensate you.”

Fiyi looked to August for a clue but he continued to chew.

Mrs. Wright sighed.

“The few times I have seen you in my house,” Mr. Wright continued, “I have always seen a diligent young lady who is hardworking. Therefore, in addition to taking May out of the country so that she won’t have people pandering to her needs, I am going to take the chunk of the money for your compensation out of her account.

She has too much time on her hands, that is why she had evil thoughts. Therefore she should spend the time working harder to get money.

The money can not take away the pain that my family has caused but every one of us will be giving a token.

So I have decided that a sum of five million naira will be coming from May, three million from my wife and I.  August will give whatever he can but I am sure he knows what to do.”

Fiyi went on her knees. Olumide had hinted at getting a sum from them but a total of eight million naira was something she did not see anywhere in her present life.

She opened her mouth and closed it repeatedly, the words refused to come out.

“You don’t have to kneel, young lady, we are only doing what is right.”

“Sir, I am short of words.”

“Please stand up.”

“No sir, let me stay in this position.”

“If you don’t stand up, I won’t listen to you.”

Fiyi refused to take her seat. “I am kneeling, not only in thanks but as a sign of respect. Thank you, sir.

“It is okay, stand up”

“No. If you had decided not to compensate me, nobody will hold you responsible.”

“It’s the right thing to do,” Mr. Wright cut in.

“In addition to this, I have been talking to my son, and he said you do a bit of cooking now to make ends meet.”

“Yes sir.”

“I talked to one of my companies and you can supply them lunch. Just discuss with HR, they’ll be waiting for your call. August will give you the details.”

“Thank you so much sir for this but I am sorry I have to say no.”

“Is it because of what happened?”

“No sir,” she denied hurriedly. “I am still busy with school and most of the orders I take are usually flexible but taking Lunch from a company would be too much for me right now.”

“Maybe when you are done with school then, the offer still stands.”

“Thank you so much, sir. Words can not explain how I feel right now, I am still in shock. Thank you ma.” She said to Mrs. Wright who has been quiet.

“Then lastly,” Mr. Wright paused and faced August. “Call me your sister.”

Fiyi looked around this time to be sure that she was not dreaming. She wanted to scream, call her mother, Olumide, her brother. She wanted to share the good news. Something came out of her stint in the cell.

She looked toward the door to see May walking in soberly.

Fiyi has never seen her this way and didn’t trust her a bit.

“What do you have to say to the young lady?” Her father prompted.

She looked at Fiyi who looked away from her.

“I am sorry for the pain I have caused you. It will never happen again.”

“It's okay,” Fiyi mumbled.

NOT SURE IF THERE IS GOING TO BE AN EPILOGUE. HOWEVER, KEEP SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS

CHECK OUT THE NEW STORY ON MY PAGE AND CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME.

https://my.w.tt/xvdFTsfXycb

SEE YOU NEXT TIME.

4 Likes

Re: DREAMS by Ann2012(f): 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2020
Thanks for the update ma’am
Re: DREAMS by Kaycee9242(m): 3:31am On Dec 28, 2020
Thanks op
Re: DREAMS by hadayshawlar(f): 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2021
HAPPY NEW YEAR FAM.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT IN 2020, I DO NOT TAKE ANY OF OF IT FOR GRANTED.

AS STATED EARLIER, A NEW STORY HAS STARTED ON MY PAGE ON WATTPAD AND I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO POST HERE IMMEDIATELY. YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT HERE
https://my.w.tt/dV23ayDyKcb

CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MOI. THANK YOU AND CHEERS TO A COVID 19 FREE, SUPERB AND WONDERFUL 2021 kiss

SEE YOU NEXT TIME.

1 Like

Re: DREAMS by PrudySara(f): 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2021
I'm with you...
hadayshawlar:
HAPPY NEW YEAR FAM.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT IN 2020, I DO NOT TAKE ANY OF OF IT FOR GRANTED.

AS STATED EARLIER, A NEW STORY HAS STARTED ON MY PAGE ON WATTPAD AND I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO POST HERE IMMEDIATELY. YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT HERE
https://my.w.tt/dV23ayDyKcb

CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MOI. THANK YOU AND CHEERS TO A COVID 19 FREE, SUPERB AND WONDERFUL 2021 kiss

SEE YOU NEXT TIME.
Re: DREAMS by hadayshawlar(f): 6:00pm On Jan 09, 2021
Hello fam, It's so good to be here again. So finally Dreams has an Epilogue which was prompted by a reader( I am nice like that grin)

EPILOGUE.

“Once again, we welcome you, our in-laws. It is a thing of joy in our culture as you know when a daughter brings home a suitor for introduction.”

Everyone clapped and acknowledged the statement.

“Apart from the fact that it signifies discipline, it also means that we have trained her well.”

This was accompanied by another round of applause.

Fiyi sneered. Now they recognize her as their daughter. When her mother was toiling to ensure they had a better life, non of them surfaced.

After she received the lump of money from the Wrights, she sat down with her mother to analyze how to spend wisely. She did a lot of research and also talked to Olumide who was of great help.

They made some investments, put some away for Bamise's admission, her mother’s and her own business

She watched her brother walk up to whisper into Olumide's ear where they were seated and they both smiled before her brother walked away.

“What did he tell you?” Fiyi jabbed him when Bammy left.

“It's a guy thing.”

Fiyi eyed him.

“You are eyeing your husband,” he teased. “Wait till we get home.”

“I already told you I am not moving in until the wedding proper.”

Olumide smirked.

“Mofiyifoluwa!” Her uncle called her attention.

“Sir”

“I know both of you are in a world of your own,” He teased and adjusted his traditional cap.

Fiyi just smiled.

"What is your answer to my question?"

Fiyi realized she must have tuned him out.

"I didn't get that sir"

“Hmm, how will you hear when you were engrossed in each other?” He teased. “ Anyway, that is the kind of relationship we pray for these days. One where you would not be moved by distractions”

Fiyi grunted

“I asked if you know this man you have brought home, or you were matchmade probably by a friend or even your mother?"

"I know him, sir"

"Very well, do you like him or you are marrying him just for the sake of it?"

There was murmuring amongst the little gathering in their compound

“It is the norm in our culture to ask questions for future reference,” He tried to explain.

“I love him, sir”

“Very well then, we can proceed.” This statement received another round of applause.

Fiyi's attention shifted to the decorator who was tucking in table edges at the other end of the canopy. She shook her head. Teniola was a perfectionist.

She met her through her fiance when they employed her to decorate their office three years ago and they had become friends because she was pretty close to Olumide and August.

“Speaking of Àugust,” she said out loud when she took her seat “did August call you?” she whispered

“My phone is with Seun,” he pointed at another friend. “I am sure he'll be here.”

“He better or else…”

The strike of the talking drum alerted them to the center stage. The M.C they contracted was already walking towards them with her entourage.

“Our wife, it’s time for you to show us how you will take care of your man when you get home. Please step forward”

Fiyi couldn’t believe she was here and everyone was gathered here because of her. She adjusted her sewed to fit embroidered emerald gown. Teniola had insisted on getting her a makeup artist. She had insisted on having a few people together for her celebration despite Olumide's mom insisting that she wanted something more elaborate. They could do that for the wedding proper she compromised.

Teniola had gone all out to make sure that their compound looked beautiful for the day. They had fenced it when she first received the money that turned her life around. Then they went ahead to complete her father’s house and even make two more apartments so that her mother would have company when her children were not at home.

They had a fruit store just outside the house and she had included her mother’s services on her own food ordering website.

She was led by a small band back to Olumide who was sitting majestically

“All mine,” she thought to herself.

She walked to him with the slice of cake on her saucer and made to kneel but he quickly stood up and held her. He was dressed in a similar colored material with his own Agbada which he already put on their chair.

He held her at the waist and opened his mouth to receive the slice of cake.

She fed it to him. He mouthed a bit a pulled her closer to share with him then captured her lips.

“Gbefun eh collect

Owole owo net

Pakam body too correct”

The M.C started singing then started oohing as Olumide continued to feast on Fiyi's lips ignoring their mini audience.

“Mmm,”  the MC coughed into the microphone but he still didn’t stop.

“In Jesus' name we pray,” She said loudly into the microphone.

“Amen,” Everyone chorused as they burst into laughter and Fiyi dissociated from Olumide.

This man standing beside her is an evidence that dreams do come true. She tried to wipe her lipstick off his lips as he smiled into her eyes.

The ceremony was gradually rounded off as the parents excused themselves to the living room to discuss the wedding proper and also make arrangements.

The attendees walked up to the couple to say hi and also congratulate them where they were seated

“See what the cat dragged in,” Teniola snorted interrupting the couple whispering to each other.

“August” Fiyi shouted and immediately jumped into his arms.

“My baby,” he heaved her up

“I should be angry with you,” she said pushing him away from her.

“I am so sorry. I had to leave a meeting to come here. The client is traveling out of the country this afternoon.”

“If it’s work, then you are forgiven,” She replied

“You believe him?” Teniola asked.

Fiyi just smiled.

August eyed Teniola and whispered something she couldn’t hear.

“Speak up now,” she retorted.

“Congrats my man,” he hugged and slapped his friend on the back.

“Thank you, bro.”

“So what’s up now?”

“Well, we already have the date so the parents are trying to deliberate and see how convenient it would be.”

“You no waste time o.”

“Why wait?” he responded. “I already know what I want.”

“I am happy for you bro,” He hugged him again

“Excuse me,” Fiyi said walking away with Teniola and her brother who came to call her.

“How's your mom?” Olumide continued

“She wanted to come, but I couldn’t go back home after the meeting. I told her she’d attend the wedding.”

“That’s so nice of her.”

“How is May doing too?”

“She sends her regards too.  Pop man has banned her from this country for now but I think she is doing fine.”

“I think the change of environment will do her good,” Olumide added

“I think so too. There is this guy I keep seeing in her photos but I don’t want to pry. She looks better anyway and from our conversations, she has come to her senses and seems more mature.”

“It’s all good.”

Are sure you went for a meeting or…”

“Seriously, I did. I told you Mr. Rahjit is leaving the country. If I had gone to ‘you know where' I would have brought her.”

Olumide laughed out loud. “You know Teniola despises Bewaji’s guts.”

August laughed. “I also got a call from the agent, he said someone wants to rent that remaining space, I told him I'd get back to him since you said you want it for Fiyi.”

“I am still trying to convince her to take the space. It’s more professional.”

“It’s more professional or you want her somewhere you can easily go for quickies??”

“You are bad man,” Olumide hit him.

“It’s the truth now.”

“Absolutely not.”

“Then why do you want her to take the space? She already furnished her mother’s kitchen for business.”

“I just want her close.”

“Hey God!”  He raised his hands to the heavens. “My guy is whipped.”

“Don't worry, I'll remind you when you get there.”

“Never! You know me now.”

“I intend to work on the conviction tonight when we get home”

“She is going home with you?”

“Trust me,” Olumide winked.

“And you call me the bad guy?”

“You know how she can be. I already got Bammy to put some of her stuff in my car. I am stealing her out of here.”

“You are a bad influence on Bammy,” he laughed.

“Bammy is in a world of his own. The girls that run after him in his Uni, I am the one scaring some of them off him. Fiyi must not know. Bammy is a good guy though.”

Fiyi walked back to join them having pulled off her headgear.

“So we have a date, the parents have agreed,” she said to them.

“My baby is almost a wife,” August hugged her.

“Handle my wife with care please,”

“I met her first, Mr man.”

“I am marrying her though”

“It’s like that now right?”

Teniola started laughing. “Go and marry.”

“Whenever you are ready,” August replied.

“As if?” she sneered.

“Can you at least feed me?”

“Follow me,” she ordered

“Gladly,” he winked

“Have I told you I love you today”

“Countless times,” Fiyi replied

“I am thankful for the gift of you.”

“ Aww,” Fiyi cooed. “When I count my Blessings, I count you twice.”

Olumide pulled her to himself smiling.

“I can’t wait for you to finally move in with me.” He kissed her lips.

“Me too.”

So. that. means. I. am. going. to. have. you. to. myself. tonight?

He punctuated every word with a kiss.

“Ehn ehn,” she shook her head.

“I already have your stuff in my car.”

“What?”

“What can a man who wants to spend time with his wife do to get her all to himself tonight?”

“Alright, I'll go with you.”

“Yes! I can’t wait to show you…”

“show me what?”

“Shit!” He fisted his hand in defeat. “I find it difficult to keep secrets with you.”

“As it should be,” she smiled

“Can you at least wait till we get home to find out”

“Gladly, as long as it will wow me.”

“ Trust me you won’t bother to leave” he winked

LOST AND FOUND IN ONGOING ON MY PROFILE ON WATTPAD. IT IS HOT, CHECK IT OUT.

4 Likes

Re: DREAMS by Adeola25(f): 10:37pm On Jan 09, 2021
Finally, thanks for this wonderful story. I really enjoyed it .More grease to your elbow.
Re: DREAMS by Tonyspecial(m): 1:50pm On Jan 20, 2021
This is the end of my story I beg stop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lesley Arimah And Tochukwu Okafor Make 2019 Cain Prize Shortlist / A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death / Top 10 Nairaland Stories To Enjoy Over The Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.