Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest (73014 Views)

Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest / Chicken Republic Sacks Staff For Dancing On Duty / Sex-for-passport: Nigerian Embassy In Germany Suspends Staff Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by mukthar2000(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2020
Kobicove:

Oya start the process! undecided
wait to see and hear the outcome.
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by Patriotic9ja(m): 11:09am On Oct 15, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

He was suspended because of the fear of spreading coronavirus at his office, not because he went for the necessary protest .

But the moderator that moved/pushed this to the Frontpage decided to be mischievous by the title of the thread.
And this shouldn't be, knowing how wide spread Nairaland goes all over the world.

Company suspend staff that went to protest because of fear of coronavirus infection at the office .... would have been more apt as the title of the thread.

Who wants to die by coronavirus infection now that it is going down all over the world?
They even provided free official vehicle to take him to and from from work, just to keep him and his colleagues safe.

I won't be surprised if the mod deletes this post anyways.
I have made my point.

Well, you have a good point here!

Trust me, even with your factual explanations, majority of the people will still follow the line of the mischievous OP/Moderator. I have come to realise that majority of us like fake news and dislike being told the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by koolaid87: 11:10am On Oct 15, 2020
Still a dumb move by the company

They could have placed him on mandatory isolation for 2 weeks

He was exercising his civil right by protesting. He shouldn't be punished for that.

Foolish people oppress you because they know that the supposed educated ones amongst you are still dummies

ILoveDemMANNA:

He was suspended because of the fear of spreading coronavirus at his office, not because he went for the necessary protest .

But the moderator that moved/pushed this to the Frontpage decided to be mischievous by the title of the thread.
And this shouldn't be, knowing how wide spread Nairaland goes all over the world.

Company suspend staff that went to protest because of fear of coronavirus infection at the office .... would have been more apt as the title of the thread.

Who wants to die by coronavirus infection now that it is going down all over the world?
They even provided free official vehicle to take him to and from from work, just to keep him and his colleagues safe.

I have made my point.

Well, you have a good point here!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by egunna(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2020
Oluwaseyi00:
If you read that termination of appointment letter without the lens of myopism, you'd see that the company's action was legitimate, considering the fact that they've sacrificed a lot to keep their staff hale by providing those logistics and by telling them to work from home.

The guy who should supposedly be at work, chose to join the protest. He was unwise.

I pray he gets another soon, but this time, wiser.
who go even get work come go dey stay under sun for hours?left to me,dey shud let Dem protest for two weeks,den it will be citizens vs citizens coz those roads dey are blocking is hampering some people's means of survival

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by zudozz: 11:11am On Oct 15, 2020
mimimiles93:
Great

Different kinds of people protesting.

1. PDP members and supporters.

2. Relatives of those President Buhari probe and eventually jailed.

3. Those who are paid by opposition party.

4. Those who see it as an opportunity to wake their dead music career.

5. Those who are being pressurized by others to join.

6. Yahoo boys and girls.

7. Cultists.

8. Those who see it as an opportunity to see or meet their favorite celebrities physically.

9. Those who chase clout.

10. Those who see it as an opportunity to steal people's phone.

11. Those who go there to toast ladies.

You are a mOOOrOn and police will kill you and your siblings..BASTARD!
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by Barbsamiin: 11:11am On Oct 15, 2020
mimimiles93:
Great

6. Yahoo boys and girls.

7. Cultists.

8. Those who see it as an opportunity to see or meet their favorite celebrities physically.

Kai!
Amma gaskia you get it right, what i've observed in the lekki toll protest pics. celebs and comedians that was pressured by their fans everywhere
walahi.
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by Patriotic9ja(m): 11:13am On Oct 15, 2020
berbs:

Lies. He's working from home. I do too and I participate in the protest. No big deal.

Then you don't know why your company asked you to work from home. It is a pity many adults dont even know why they do what they do. Even if your brain cant process it, you still cant ask? The painful part is, even when told, you people still deliberately decide to be "FUNNY". Hmmmm
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by RealEzee(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2020
Notatribalist:
He was suspended for missing with group of people not necessary the protest.
but when he goes to church or mosque nko, abi visit his family members or kuku stroll out of the house, did the company suspend him?
Bud if you read the lines the company don't have a legit reason sef it's just mingled with threats, if he wasn't important to the comp they would have even fired him lasun not suspend, you know how these guys act at corporate level na.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by demozee(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2020
U mumu , own tell u d guy will not see a better job, IT guy no dey fine job, job dey fine them...
orgylover:
good one. now he can legit join the protest and start yahoo. the only people actvely protesting are yahoo boys and arm robbers.
i love the company for this
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by lexy2014: 11:16am On Oct 15, 2020
mimimiles93:
These ones are clout chasing.

Good. So which clout or what amount of clout will be added to their lives and career as a result of them associating d nigerian protests?
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by rhythyson: 11:17am On Oct 15, 2020
chinchonglee:

scholar! hw far?
wetin u done do with ur certificate?
ur salary highest 250k!(with gragra sef).

company rules korh

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin my salary na 251k without gragra you miss am again grin grin grin grin
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by adisababa1234: 11:17am On Oct 15, 2020
I beg nairaland in the name of God to remove this from front page.
Your headline negates reason for his sack.
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by lexy2014: 11:17am On Oct 15, 2020
Barbsamiin:

Kai!
Amma gaskia you get it right, what i've observed in the lekki toll protest pics. celebs and comedians that was pressured by their fans everywhere
walahi.

So ozil and Kirk Franklin were pressured by their fans?
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by drololaaof: 11:20am On Oct 15, 2020
Smoke screen, why not put a time limit,you are part of the oppression ,your boy will be next #endsars
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by foreshore(m): 11:22am On Oct 15, 2020
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by EmekaBlue(m): 11:25am On Oct 15, 2020
Oizee:
thanks so much, I appreciate alot
You are welcome
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by Calazoto: 11:26am On Oct 15, 2020
Your boss is on a cocaine diet grin

If you're into trading..join the US30 signal train on WhatsApp and cash out real big
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by orgylover: 11:27am On Oct 15, 2020
demozee:
U mumu , own tell u d guy will not see a better job, IT guy no dey fine job, job dey fine them...
YOUR PAPA
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by Vulcan24(m): 11:29am On Oct 15, 2020
Chinese telling us what to do in our own country!

So does one now have to live by the standard of a workplace and alienate from his fundermental tights and privileges

This is violation of his human rights and privileges to freely associate, participate and freedom of expression

I will advise this guy to take legal action against these bastards not to be reinstated but to hand a compensation lawsuit on their neck and protesters storm and shut down that company

Nobody tell us what to do with our freedom, he is a free citizen of the country and entitled to partake in any lawful activity of his choice

God will punish that arrogant HR & the unpatriotic MD
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by genii96(m): 11:30am On Oct 15, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Companies like this don't still get the magnitude of the #EndSars movement, do they?

You're getting rid of people cos they exercising their civil rights, damn!

Something is wrong!

See my siggy

Can you read the damn letter first before sprouting accusations? ffs
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by sweetrace(f): 11:33am On Oct 15, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

This clearly shows we are being rule by tyrant leaders. They are literally telling us freedom of speech is limited to certain people not the citizens entirely.

So they are using fake corona to hang singlet. Shame!!

Fake Corona? That noneone you know died from the deadly virus does not make it fake.
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by juniorstar(m): 11:38am On Oct 15, 2020
how dem take know say Im dey protest, snitches for office don expose am
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by chinchonglee(m): 11:38am On Oct 15, 2020
rhythyson:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin my salary na 251k without gragra you miss am again grin grin grin grin
naso!
Bet9ja company abi?

we knw ur type
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by proprince(m): 11:38am On Oct 15, 2020
The youths in Nigeria are in trouble.

We must fight this fight to the end
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by FactualSpeech: 11:49am On Oct 15, 2020
you are the best!

ILoveDemMANNA:

"Company suspend staff that went to protest because of fear of coronavirus infection at the office". .... would have been more apt as the title of the thread.

I have made my point.

You have a good point here!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by Kylekent59: 11:50am On Oct 15, 2020
Well, let me not comment based on emotion.

It could be that he left his job for protest which could be the reason for his sack.

I would not tolerate one of my staff taking a day off without my consent.

To protest is good, but he should have taken excuse from the manager.

Well, I hope he finds a better job.
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by FactualSpeech: 11:50am On Oct 15, 2020
you are dumb

mimimiles93:
Great

6. Yahoo boys and girls.

7. Cultists.

Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by FactualSpeech: 11:51am On Oct 15, 2020
did u not read suspension or you just jump to conclusion?

hopefulLandlord:
The management does have a point but they should've warned him or queried him rather than outright sacking him
Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by clems88(m): 11:54am On Oct 15, 2020
The best president we've ever had grin

Re: EndSARS: MBH Power Suspends Staff For Participating In Protest by osothermal(m): 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2020
Congratulations in advance because you don hammer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of The Youngest Officer In The Nigerian Army / Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria / Janet John: Pretty Soldier Promoted In The Nigerian Army (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.