Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement (67196 Views)

Murder Of Soldiers In Okuama: Army Releases Statement On Misinformation / Army Releases Video Of Encounter With Bandits In Southern Kaduna / Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by neonly: 8:20am On Oct 15, 2020
No body seems to see what I see
The Nigerian Army logo na only Arabic writing they der
Nigeria don Arabic country finish

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by GreyLaw(m): 8:20am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

There's nothing antipeople in this press release. Put yourself in the position of the head of the Nigerian Army. Would you fold your hands while hoodlums are running rampant? The press release doesn't say they are going to stop the protests, they're only warning "subversive elements and trouble makers" to beware.

The onus is now on the organizers of the protests to ensure that their activities remain peaceful.

What are you even saying? Head of the army and peaceful civil protests don't go hand in hand. Ha! Nigerians think. Think for once!!

The police is there with their mobile police force, the civil defence who are also armed are there. These two groups can successfully quell protests in an intelligent way. No where in the sane world is the army invited into civil protests. But I guess Nigerians are so used to insanity that they don't understand law and order.

And let me just tell you, if the people come out en masse and refuse to back down there is absolutely nothing anybody plus the army can do. They cannot kill 200 million people. People would lynch all of them and their family before they could do that. Ask Libya and the Arabs during the Arab spring.

The government's power stops where the people want it to stop.

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by protests: 8:21am On Oct 15, 2020
Photocopy! 20 copies please.

Esseite:
The Governments last card.....

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by luvmijeje(f): 8:21am On Oct 15, 2020
The Nigeria Army should be sent to all the toll gates. You have a right to protest. What you don't have a right to is to stop movement.

Which kind wahala be this na.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by emkz: 8:21am On Oct 15, 2020
#burataimustgo
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by tankoagaie: 8:21am On Oct 15, 2020
but y
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Cajal(m): 8:22am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

There's nothing antipeople in this press release. Put yourself in the position of the head of the Nigerian Army. Would you fold your hands while hoodlums are running rampant? The press release doesn't say they are going to stop the protests, they're only warning "subversive elements and trouble makers" to beware.

The onus is now on the organizers of the protests to ensure that their activities remain peaceful.
.. Don't mind that soul
They are supporters of failed politicians looking for shortcut
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 15, 2020
Bunnatex:
I wonder who gives advices these people.
What we have currently in Nigeria is still a civil issue and does not require the armed forces.
Besides, the soldiers that are going to be used to stop us are still part of the people we are fighting for.

Oh, you guys are scared of the army now? Thought you guys aren't afraid of them.
End sars= done
Yet you clowns are still protesting and disturbing public peace. Buhari should do the needful and deploy the military before these protests get out of hand.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by joelag: 8:22am On Oct 15, 2020
The army has cleared all the doubts that Buhari is ready for war, this time around; it will not be business as usual. Fire for fire!!!
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by id4sho(m): 8:22am On Oct 15, 2020
RichyAD:
please someone should tell me why there is an Arabic inscription on the NA's logo please
it's origin is from the north (Hausa constabulary)

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 15, 2020
luvmijeje:
The Nigeria Army should be sent to all the toll gates. You have a right to protest. What you don't have a right to is to stop movement.

Which kind wahala be this na.

Watch how the criminals descend on you now.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by kokomilala(m): 8:24am On Oct 15, 2020
Your patronizing support is not welcomed. Hold on to your forte- the barracks and don't meddle in this social movement.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by TheWalkingMind: 8:24am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

Your last statement openly verify your staunch obliviousness of reality. There are no organizers in this protest.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 15, 2020
Go to any armed forces officers training institute, Arabic language is a core course.

Are we situated in the middle east?

RichyAD:
please someone should tell me why there is an Arabic inscription on the NA's logo please

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Cajal(m): 8:24am On Oct 15, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
The press release is simply warning those using the protest to cause trouble to desist from such act.

While those on peaceful protest can go ahead.

Look at how some illitrates are seeing this press release as a threat.

Trully Nigerians are there own problem.
...hmmm..u are right
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Softhands(m): 8:25am On Oct 15, 2020
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Sameercarter(m): 8:25am On Oct 15, 2020
manuelreports:
The worst they can do now is to shoot down one protester and the monster in the people will be unreached on them. Remember You cannever know the strength of the masses untill you provoke them beyond control. I bet them to try any nonsense and see the other side of Nigerians. At this point dying is no longer a threat to Nigeria Youth who have long been brutalised but before we go down the Soul of Nigeria will breed. Let them try Nonsense we are waiting.
in your house�
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Kposkila: 8:26am On Oct 15, 2020
wonder233:
My thoughts exactly. I've been denied access to my means of livelihood for about a week now by the road blockades. It is their rights to protest. It is also my right to have access to a public road. It is an infringement on my rights to be denied road access. Protesters should converge on one side, while others who wish to go about their lawful duties can go about their activities.
Fighting for your right is your lawful duty, don't bow, fight now and save your generation from fighting, this your lawful duty will not secure the future of your unborn generation, so why not pay the price now n smile latter. #Endbadgovernance
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by GreyLaw(m): 8:26am On Oct 15, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
The press release is simply warning those using the protest to cause trouble to desist from such act.

While those on peaceful protest can go ahead.

Look at how some illitrates are seeing this press release as a threat.

Trully Nigerians are there own problem.

I'm still trying to know whom the illiterate is here.

Where in the sane world, pray tell, does the army release press statements or even decide to come into a civil protest?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 15, 2020
Who ever pushed for this statement just shot Nigeria in the foot

cheesy grin

Very provocative
Can the army stand up to an uprising if it happens

undecided
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by throwaway123456: 8:26am On Oct 15, 2020
wonder233:
My thoughts exactly. I've been denied access to my means of livelihood for about a week now by the road blockades. It is their rights to protest. It is also my right to have access to a public road. It is an infringement on my rights to be denied road access. Protesters should converge on one side, while others who wish to go about their lawful duties can go about their activities.
people are fighting for your right you are here complaining about road blockage, the fact you're alive today doesn't mean you can't be killed tomorrow by SARS officials. This fight is for all Nigerians.

The only reason they block the roads is because they know that's the only way govt will take them serious.

Protest started for days and govt didn't say anything about it. the moment they blocked toll gate for couple hours sanwolu started running around and making promises.

Your most likely among the generation that kept quiet and allow this rottenness to eat up Nigeria up to this point. If we don't put fire on this people Nothing will ever change.

It's a pity fellow Nigerians don't seem to get this and see protesters as the enemies

11 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by egunna(m): 8:27am On Oct 15, 2020
FarahAideed:
So Buhari is threatening to use the military to kill peaceful protesters like it has been killing Shias ...
so where did Buhari's name appear in the press release?some of u empty headed low beings will find a way to bring Buhari into ur misfortunes.does the Nigerian army have to wait before dey take steps?few days ago d stupid Aisha Yesufu was trying stupidly to link Buhari to d killings recently and I was asking myself,if Buhari ordered for killings,how comes casualty figures as at den was even less Dan five?how can u shoot into d crowd and kill just one person?dats a stupid assertion.Buhari doesn't have to be every where,if u misbehave u get am hot hot.d police men dere were first Nigerians before dey became officers,d madness when dey inside u,na him dey inside Dem.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Ahmeduana(m): 8:27am On Oct 15, 2020
SLAP44:

Why won't the army stay calm to defuse the situation with tact instead of making provocative statement in the heat of a looming crisis?

Southern masses have been provoked for too long and any small spark can set many things ablaze. The army has never issued any guidelines in the north east upon all the casualties they keep getting, it's in the south they will be acting superman.
You dey hear this nuisance? They say that there loyalty is to Buhari, not for Nigeria or Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Femijohn198: 8:27am On Oct 15, 2020
Foolish Nigeria Army, Bokoharam is your friend in sambisa forest.leave poor citizens alone to demonstrate their feelings

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Slurity(m): 8:28am On Oct 15, 2020
SLAP44:

Why won't the army stay calm to defuse the situation with tact instead of making provocative statement in the heat of a looming crisis?

Southern masses have been provoked for too long and any small spark can set many things ablaze. The army has never issued any guidelines in the north east upon all the casualties they keep getting, it's in the south they will be acting superman.
Bros, please how are they provoking us here in the south o? May be its not the same south we are sha.. I am in southwest.
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 15, 2020
God no let me dig wetin done dey buried, don't allow the devil resurface.. With the turn things are taking na eye for an eye oo. They kill one we kill 3. Guilty or innocent. If they're not hearing the peaceful protests they will hear the bloody one
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Brandstudio01: 8:29am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

God forgive you for call people protecting for their God's given rights Hoodlums

Oga people like you are the real Nigerian Problem. People like you are why people agitating for their freedom. Continue and see if you want divide this country with your mouth

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by Lastbornomomama(m): 8:29am On Oct 15, 2020
Nigerian Army has been fighting Bolo Haram. For some decade now. Thy are still killing Nigerians.
Now we are fighting for our rites. If the north are saying something else. Thy should take SARS /SWAT to the north. We don't need them here in the west.
#ENDSARS
#ENDBRUTALITY

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by pandabet(m): 8:30am On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:

OGA short up

watin concern army and protest
police no de

make I hear word abeg

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by KingEzo: 8:30am On Oct 15, 2020
I didn't see any reason why NA will involve in this. the youths are showing their grievances in a peaceful way. The situation will get worse if the NA interfere in this ENDSARS protest
Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by uvie66: 8:30am On Oct 15, 2020
SLAP44:

I am with the government on this issue, SARS have been disbanded, what else do you guys want. I say send the army out now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement by ridwanlawal: 8:31am On Oct 15, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
mumu, you Siddon for house dey make empty threat. small pikin no know snake, e dey call am tie.
Park well no block who dey your back. I think you voted APC 2015 and 2019

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

EFCC Chairman Bawa At Arsenal's Emirates Stadium: Photo / Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead / Selfie Of Hillary Clinton And Ngozi-okonjo Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.