Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,413 members, 7,800,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba (589 Views)

UK Reviews Asylum Policy, Favours LGBTI, Ignores IPOB Members - The Cable / Ondo APC Primary: Presidency Favours Akeredolu, Tinubu Camp Shocked Over Abraham / Buhari ‘Favours’ Lawan, Gbaja To Lead 9th National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by Tofax: 2:01pm On Oct 15, 2020

The Asagba of Asaba, Obi Chike Edozein on Wednesday put an end to the controversy over the ancestry of Asaba community, favouring the Igbo argument against the Igala theory of origin of Asaba people.
Speaking to Journalists in his palace, Obi Chike Edozein said that the Asaba people shared closer affinity and deeper cultural motifs such as language with the Igbos west of the Niger, adding that Igbos are brothers to Asaba people.
He noted that prominent sons and daughters of Asaba played prominent roles during the Nigeria Biafra war to defend what they believed in, the Monarch held the positions in the apex Igbo sicio cultural organization known as Ohaneze Ndigbo and recalled the sinppets of the genocide which he said, obliterated two generations of all the educated people in Asaba.
Obi Chike Edozein however demanded for the establishment of a Federal University in Asaba, adding that although Gen Yakubu Gowan who was the then Head of State, had apologized in a personal capacity and several years ago after the war, but regretted that” although we accepted the apology, the compensation is yet to come”.

https://peoplesdailyng.com/monarch-ends-ancestry-debate-favours-igbo-origin-in-asaba/
Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2020
favours as how?

Junk journalism
Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by illicit(m): 2:13pm On Oct 15, 2020
You should be talking about revenge not cheap compensation....
Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by Conrod: 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:
favours as how?
Junk journalism
Sorry,you didnt hear what you espected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by okpalaAnambra: 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2020
Asaba are igbos

2 Likes

Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by okpalaAnambra: 3:24pm On Oct 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:
favours as how?

Junk journalism

You're igala and I'm sure you're pained

1 Like

Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by RIVERS1stson: 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2020
[s]
okpalaAnambra:

[/s]

Abia indigenes are being killed like rats hahahaha

Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Oga free me ooo..
No time for long talk
Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by RIVERS1stson: 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Asaba are igbos

Asaba is igbo but Abia is ibibio cheesy
Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by okpalaAnambra: 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Oga free me ooo..

No time for long talk

I said the truth.. It might hurt u
Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by Abia1stS0N: 3:30pm On Oct 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Oga free me ooo..

No time for long talk

Stop replying him, leave me to deal with him, he is scared of quoting me cheesy
Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 15, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
We have heard. We ain't interested here. We only asked to be left alone.
Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by Abia1stS0N: 3:31pm On Oct 15, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Abia indigenes being killed like ram but no protest

Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by Abia1stS0N: 3:32pm On Oct 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Leave me to deal with him, he is coming to you because you are soft, he is always scared of me cheesy
Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by Pass11: 3:32pm On Oct 15, 2020
Asaba has never for once deny Igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by okpalaAnambra: 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Yes igala your people have been left alone
Re: Monarch Ends Ancestry Debate, Favours Igbo Origin In Asaba by Abia1stS0N: 3:34pm On Oct 15, 2020
[s]
okpalaAnambra:

Yes igala your people have been left alone
[/s]

Fear fear stop disturbing the guy because he is soft, face us if you no dey fear. Abia state is the worst state in Nigeria cheesy

(1) (Reply)

See What Will Happen In NIGERIA After The #endsars Protest / Home » SARS Update » PHOTO: #endsars Protester Displays Bullets Fired At #lekki / Why Is Lie Mohammed Quiet Nowadays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.