Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,921 members, 7,799,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) (50822 Views)

30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road / #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Advancedman(m): 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2020
Baawaa:
The hold-up is hectic, I think we can do it better than this,we don't need to add to our sorrow
Everyone ought the to be involved but people still go about their normal routine thinking it's for the students who are home cos of ASUU strike forgetting it concern all of us.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by NeeKlaus: 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2020
Elder0001:
This is bad. Why block the road? These folks keep disturbing public peace and constituting nuisance because of one useless protest.

Imagine what will happen to people that had appointment that morning?
You call it useless protest, right?
It's obvious you have never lost anyone to these bastards. If you have, you won't dare call it useless.

Go and tell the girl that lost 3 brothers in one night and their bodies dumped in a well that the protest is "useless".

Or go and tell Ifunanya Amadike's senior brother that the protest for their son that was killed since 2018 and dumped in a well for nothing is also "useless".

You elderly ones castigated the youths for paying too much attention to BBN. Now they are doing a noble cause against something that is threatening their existence in Nigeria, you are calling it "useless".

No problem. Just pray this Police brutality doesn't get to your side. Then you will understand if this demonstration is useless or not.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by showafrica(m): 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2020
Anaerobi:
nice one... it's clear that northern Nigeria have a different plans towards nigeria

Totally different country up north.. Anyone identifying with them is in a deep shiiiit
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by JappOfficial: 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2020
Kelvinhunta:
I respect D President for using wisdom in handling this so far. Army warned protesters Buhari called them to order, Army now warning thugs attacking protesters. Signs that they r listening. Wike warned protesters but he latter joined protesters to March. Some people still believe no progress will be made. Them go shock for real

I hope the government will not change it for the protesters when the agitation continues, there are massive unemployment in the country, cost of living is on the high side, ASUU and FG are speeding up their negotiation thinking it will reduced the protest ground from being filled but No.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 16, 2020
NeeKlaus:

You call it useless protest, right?
It's obvious you have never lost anyone to these bastards. If you have, you won't dare call it useless.

Go and tell the girl that lost 3 brothers in one night and their bodies dumped in a well that the protest is "useless".

Or go and tell Ifunanya Amadike's senior brother that the protest for their son that was killed since 2018 and dumped in a well for nothing is also "useless".

You elderly ones castigated the youths for paying too much attention to BBN. Now they are doing a noble cause against something that is threatening their existence in Nigeria, you are calling it "useless".

No problem. Just pray this Police brutality doesn't get to your side. Then you will understand if this demonstration is useless or not.

Is that why they should block roads in the name of protest? What will happen to people that have appointments or work to attend to that morning?
Reason with your brain next time.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by NeeKlaus: 6:57pm On Oct 16, 2020
Elder0001:

Is that why they should block roads in the name of protest? What will happen to people that have appointments or work to attend to that morning?
Reason with your brain next time.
The people that were killed or picked up on the road and spent days in cell for doing NOTHING, did they not have appointments or events they had to catch up with it?

Like I said, na because sey e never reach your side. If to sey dem don harass you even once, you will even block Airport road by yourself.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 16, 2020
NeeKlaus:

The people that were killed or picked up on the road and spent days in cell for doing NOTHING, did they not have appointments or events they had to catch up with it?

Like I said, na because sey e never reach your side. If to sey dem don harass you even once, you will even block Airport road by yourself.

I'm not a criminal neither do I behave like a criminal so Sars have no reason whatsoever to get to my side.
Any time Sars and police folks sight me they even hail me.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by berbs: 7:28pm On Oct 16, 2020
fineboynl:
the money the Nigeria police is generating on the street for themselves is enough to run the budget.

I think the protest should leave the street. and remain online alone.

No, let's leave it like this.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by fortran12: 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2020
Okuda:

it is not irresponsible as long as people's properties are safe and lifes' are at no risk. You are the kind of person that feels ok with the status Quo and dont want anybody to disturb your daily business. Not like you are ok with the status quo per say but you dont care enough to do something about it. Hence, it gets you angry that people are distubring you with theirs. You my friend are one of the lazy youth Buhari was talking about. them dey protest for developed countries and trams and buses always arrive late because they cannot pass. Its a disturbance but the police does not do anything to them because they are exercising their right to expression. Blocking the road is apt because during a protest space is needed to freely march and thousands, if not millions would not do it on the walkway or hang in the air, it has to be on the road.
In civilized countries,they protest but they do not inconvenience others, they face the people the protest is intended for not people who are going about their daily business.
The case of lagos and blocking roads who will be responsible if an ambulance or fire trucks is stuck in traffic?
Your right to free expression does not include infringing on the rights of others.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Kelvinhunta: 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2020
Bro it's too late for government to do so. Only a foolish man will do so at this point because it will immediately lead to revolution or military take over so it demands caution
JappOfficial:

I hope the government will not change it for the protesters when the agitation continues, there are massive unemployment in the country, cost of living is on the high side, ASUU and FG are speeding up their negotiation thinking it will reduced the protest ground from being filled but No.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Kelvinhunta: 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2020
Thank God u said in civilized countries so how do you want us to be like civilized countries when our government aren't civilized enough? You see regular fights in Senate, house of reps etc and u won't motivate them to be civilized enough but when u see youth you turn to a motivational speaker Abi? Bros fear God na
fortran12:

In civilized countries,they protest but they do not inconvenience others, they face the people the protest is intended for not people who are going about their daily business.
The case of lagos and blocking roads who will be responsible if an ambulance or fire trucks is stuck in traffic?
Your right to free expression does not include infringing on the rights of others.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 16, 2020
Vanzcharles:

Address? I'm afraid they need action. Govt are fond of making empty promises. That's how they used the brain of you old people to get where they are. That is an easier way to disperse a little child.
You expect them to say OK we have heard. Go. Action first then implementation. Its not much to ask.
While it is going on, let the Protest continue.

They need to be addressed. All these things we want don't come instantly unless u just want to be unreasonable. The president need to address the youths
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Eagba(m): 9:35pm On Oct 16, 2020
VaselineCrew:
See wickedness

Blocking the roads and peoples lives, yet people here are in support

Men most Nigerians are just wicked men
abeg go carry Vaseline joor. na wetin you know
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Okuda(m): 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2020
fortran12:

ypu dont know what you are saying. But I would let you..
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by CavemanDefuturo: 11:08pm On Oct 16, 2020
This is not hold up nah, we are headed for a total shut down! ...The protest must be sustained at all cost

#EndSars should switch to #RestructureNigeria

Only then will they listen to us.. only then we can gather more crowd and even earn the backing of the international community.

SARS is just a fraction of our many troubles in Nigeria... You and I know we need more than just #EndSars. Restructuring is the answer and it's only the youth that has the strength and number to make it happen. #RestructureNigeria
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by NeeKlaus: 11:12pm On Oct 16, 2020
Elder0001:

I'm not a criminal neither do I behave like a criminal so Sars have no reason whatsoever to get to my side.
Any time Sars and police folks sight me they even hail me.
Lol, you really don't get it.
I sense you might be elderly, yeah? So yes, they might not harass you.

But what about your family members? Young girls and guys related to you? Probably driving good cars and dressing well and working legit but susceptible to being branded as Yahoo boys by these SARS rogues?

Or everyone in your family circle is elderly enough not to be harassed?

I really shake my head at you people that feel this SARS issue has nothing to do with you. I really do.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by fortran12: 1:34am On Oct 17, 2020
Kelvinhunta:
Thank God u said in civilized countries so how do you want us to be like civilized countries when our government aren't civilized enough? You see regular fights in Senate, house of reps etc and u won't motivate them to be civilized enough but when u see youth you turn to a motivational speaker Abi? Bros fear God na

The truth is all human beings are the same its just the severity of "baddness" that defers. The government you criticize is made up of people who were regular citizens like you and I. The nigerian government is just a reflection of her citizenry.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Nobody: 4:59am On Oct 17, 2020
SegFault:

We are all part of the corrupt stinky system, the way I'm seeing it even if this revolution works the same thing we are running from might come back because of how corrupt Nigerians are.

You are right.. But a sane system that creates progressive landmark and vision is a potency that reduces the crime rate drastically.. It creates more room for employments, business opportunities, individual and national establishment, etc..

-The corrupt system have swallowed down many "key factors" for individual and corporate progress like electricity, good roads, security, convenient tax, legal bills and policies, etc.. Everything na jagajaga!

Let us be sincere, revolution will reset it all..
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 17, 2020
Wolgrace:

You are right.. But a sane system that creates progressive landmark and vision is a potency that reduces the crime rate drastically.. It creates more room for employments, business opportunities, individual and national establishment, etc..

-The corrupt system have swallowed down many "key factors" for individual and corporate progress like electricity, good roads, security, convenient tax, legal bills and policies, etc.. Everything na jagajaga!

Let us be sincere, revolution will reset it all..
I just hope you are right sha.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 17, 2020
SegFault:

I just hope you are right sha.

Nigerians were once like that.. Very low crime rate with a progressive landmark..

It means most citizens have sane mind based enabled sane system, its like a vapourisation of water i.e its a circle..

One throws every wastes into surrounding should equally expect more harm to his health. That's how it works when the sane system is poisoned and corrupted, it surely have strong negative effect on us..

Politicians poisoned and killed the sane system thats is having tremendous effect on us negatively today because of the ideology of federation scam.. Hence, the waves and breeze of corruption getting citizens carried away into it.. So, its all a circle.

What shall we do? Revolution!
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Dhavido(m): 7:18am On Oct 17, 2020
Lukay99:

You're so proud of what they are doing by oppressing fellow citizens by blocking the road while you're at work working? Some of the people are being blocked from going to work and yet you're happy they can't make it to work but you can. Really? How are you different from the leaders you're protesting against? Yes they have every right to protest but they don't have any right to block a Public highway. You can protest online, on the sidewalk of the road, parking lots or government offices. Some of the road users may have a life and death emergency but cannot make it on time simply because you all think its okay to block a public highway

I’ve normalized trekking to work bro. I’m not exempted from the suffering but we are suffering for a greater cause so, we moooooove
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Kelvinhunta: 8:55am On Oct 17, 2020
You are just avoiding the point! You criticizing the citizens but you avoid criticizing the government while I was trying to redirect you to start by criticizing the government first. We already know that the government is from the citizen you either criticize both starting from the government or you stay mute. Youths are taking over and I guarantee you that
fortran12:

The truth is all human beings are the same its just the severity of "baddness" that defers. The government you criticize is made up of people who were regular citizens like you and I. The nigerian government is just a reflection of her citizenry.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Kelvinhunta: 9:02am On Oct 17, 2020
Bro don't mind him, I think I get his point. He and all his family members seems to be very poor because that's the only set of people that SARS sees and looks the other way or he has a SARS man in his family. Not trying to insult him Sha but When millions of Nigerians across all tribes are saying something with one voice and a very few r saying the opposite, what do you think is wrong? It simply means the few don't have conscience
NeeKlaus:

But what about your family members? Young girls and guys related to you? Probably driving good cars and dressing well and working legit but susceptible to being branded as Yahoo boys by these SARS rogues?

I really shake my head at you people that feel this SARS issue has nothing to do with you. I really do.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 17, 2020
Vanzcharles:

Post details of fraud activities, evidences. He should be arrested by Monday. That's UBA, it won't be hard for me to unravel him.
That is his details
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Vanzcharles(m): 10:26am On Oct 17, 2020
Ricky911:
That is his details

These are just information about a bank holder. Moreover, it is very dangerous placing his BVN details and other account details.

I said, paste details of transaction. How or what transpired. If you get into the Bank, no attention would be giving to you. Come out transparent let the details be clear.
I hope you get?
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by JappOfficial: 12:02pm On Oct 17, 2020
Kelvinhunta:
Bro it's too late for government to do so. Only a foolish man will do so at this point because it will immediately lead to revolution or military take over so it demands caution

You're correct, let's see how it unfold.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2020
Vanzcharles:

These are just information about a bank holder. Moreover, it is very dangerous placing his BVN details and other account details.

I said, paste details of transaction. How or what transpired. If you get into the Bank, no attention would be giving to you. Come out transparent let the details be clear.
I hope you get?
The details here is enough but the issue here is that most people can't even interpret my English. This is too bad.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Vanzcharles(m): 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2020
greenhulk:

They need to be addressed. All these things we want don't come instantly unless u just want to be unreasonable. The president need to address the youths

Till he does the needful as you say the protest linger on.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Vanzcharles(m): 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2020
Ricky911:
The details here is enough but the issue here is that most people can't even interpret my English. This is too bad.

What you are doing is wrong. He can sue you. You dont go about pasting peoples bank info and calling him a scammer. What were the evidences he scammed you? What transpired? How much was involved?
Instead of posting his details, go to the bank and lay complaints. I tried helping, sorry you are not ready.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Youthleader22(m): 2:49pm On Oct 17, 2020
Baawaa:
The hold-up is hectic, I think we can do it better than this,we don't need to add to our sorrow

What sorrow? Leave your car and join the protest
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by Miracle2020: 3:01pm On Oct 17, 2020
NeeKlaus:

to are you blocking SARS or you are blocking innocent Nigerians.
Re: EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) by fortran12: 3:30pm On Oct 17, 2020
Kelvinhunta:
You are just avoiding the point! You criticizing the citizens but you avoid criticizing the government while I was trying to redirect you to start by criticizing the government first. We already know that the government is from the citizen you either criticize both starting from the government or you stay mute. Youths are taking over and I guarantee you that
Both parties have their faults. I am not exonorating anyone. The politicians take advantage of people and the citizens most times are gullible.
Knowledge and wisdom is key in this situation. The youth boasts of strength, the old boasts of wisdom. In the Nigerian situation you need the two.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Buhari's Modest Farm House In Daura / Names Of Beneficiaries Of CBN Illegal Recrutiment+photos - Sahara Reporters / $50M: Mu’azu Disowns Ikoyi House, But ETCO Website Exposed Him - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.