Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,116 members, 7,807,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

10 Things Men Want From Their Wives - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives (1127 Views)

6 Traits Men Want In A Long Term Female Partner / 10 Silly Things Men Should Stop This Year!!... / Nigerian Men Want Miss Sahhara, The Transgender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by jondabeloved: 7:54pm On Oct 15, 2020
It's no surprise that sex is super important to men. Most times, men will admit that it's number one on their list for what they want in a marriage .

However, many men have other desires outside of sexual relations or emotional needs.

Husbands don't always ask their wives for what they want, and many have thoughts and feelings that they keep to themselves. For instance, some men feel a sense of responsibility to take care of their wives financially, even if she earns more or they've worked out a dual-income contribution to the household.

This example creates pressure that affects the relationship, so understanding his inner world will open you up to a world of understanding and opportunity.

Affection

While sex remains very important for most men, many simply want to experience more affection. Whether it's holding his hand in public, leaving a love message on his voicemail, or massaging his shoulders, showing that you care about him through actions of fondness will touch his heart.

Try different ways to demonstrate how much you care about him by being warm. Simple things you can do include telling him how much you love him, cheering him on when he's feeling doubtful, and telling him you're sorry when things go wrong.

You can always go ahead and give him an unexpected kiss or a little flirtation, too. Experiment with romantic and emotional affection to see what really makes him feel whole.

Belief in His Capabilities

Many men think it's important for them to protect and provide for those they love. Let your husband know that you believe in his talents and skills and are supportive of him.

Your encouragement is the most meaningful of anyone. The most crucial thing you can do is make your man feel like an adult and not a little a child.

Test what makes him tick by giving him a little control (as you are comfortable). For instance, you could put him in charge of directions for your next road trip. Little things like this develop trust between you two and give him a sense of responsibility in the relationship.

Understanding

Men want to know that you "get" them and research suggests that feeling understood is an important part of a good relationship.

They are often more logical and like to problem solve. This has a value and creates a balance between the women who are generally more emotional and in touch with their feelings.
One of the ways you can both show that you understand each other is by making a commitment to talk daily together.

Plan a daily dialogue exercise where you take 20 minutes to ask each other positive questions.

This could include things about what attracts you to one another, your favorite date together, or what your partner's favorite quality is.

Appreciation and Affirmation

Most guys like to be patted on the back. One way to do this is by complimenting your husband often. Rather than over-doing it, make sure it's genuine and sporadic throughout the week.

Acceptance

We all want to be accepted for who we are and don't want others to try to change us. Men are often hurt and angered when their wives try to change them, in particular. If it concerns their health and safety, it's understandable, but superficial characteristics aren't necessary to bring up.

Less Chatter

If your husband is tired, involved with a project, or just generally isn't up for a chat, don't push it. Women can be especially chatty sometimes, so it's important to carve out time to talk with your husband.

Consider expressing yourself in additional ways to your friends, other family members, or through alternative ways like art, journaling, and online forums.

You definitely don't want a relationship where you never talk. Communication is important, so when you really want to chat and get intimate, check in with him to see if he's up for it. If he's busy, you may need to schedule some time with him so you two can get back on track.

Respect

Creating a loving and memorable marriage starts with respect. One of the best ways a wife can show her husband that she loves and respects him is by actively listening to him when he talks, and not interrupting.

Free Time

Almost everyone has a desire for some quiet time alone, and a moment to re-energize, regroup, and reconnect with themselves. When your husband first gets home from work, you can give him this space by allowing him to unwind without any chatter or questions.

On his days off, be mindful of his schedule by not planning too many activities. If you really want to do something with your husband on the weekend, consider picking one day on the weekend, or making plans every other weekend.

Trust

Trust is vital to the success of any relationship.5 Couples build trust in healthy relationships by being honest with each other, communicating often, and learning how to fight fairly. It takes time to build trust.

Over the years, you two will learn how to keep promises, be yourself, and show how much you love and appreciate each other.

Companionship

Hopefully, you can say that your husband is not only your lover but also your friend. Staying friends and companions throughout the years require that you find ways to make quality time to be together and have new experiences.

Source: https://rayoonline.com/10-things-men-want-from-their-wives/

Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by Stacyomolola(f): 8:09pm On Oct 15, 2020
And what do u smug heads give in return
Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2020
Stacyomolola:
Erection
Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by KidDarkness(m): 8:19pm On Oct 15, 2020
You both will get married one day. I'ld see if you would call your husbands smug heads

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by Stacyomolola(f): 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2020
Zzor:
Erection

Ewwwwwww cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 15, 2020
Zzor:
Erection
Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by fati2001(m): 8:39pm On Oct 15, 2020
Stacyomolola:

EXCELLENT QUESTION

Zzor:
Erection

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by vanida6: 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2020
sad
Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by Rareoil(m): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2020
Stacyomolola:

Love, Care and support.
Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by JasperVII(m): 10:06pm On Oct 15, 2020
Jasper says that respect should be the first thing on that list.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by Stacyomolola(f): 10:19pm On Oct 15, 2020
Rareoil:

Love, Care and support.

Indeed
All ye liars

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by Seankhalifa: 10:35pm On Oct 15, 2020
Stacyomolola:
eating of puxxi
Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by Rareoil(m): 1:42am On Oct 16, 2020
Stacyomolola:

Indeed
All ye liars

There men out there who love their wives.

No reason am.

Not every marriage is bitter.

Omo see has you fresh. Fine girl. wink
Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by Rareoil(m): 1:43am On Oct 16, 2020
Seankhalifa:
eating of puxxi
grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by Stacyomolola(f): 6:42am On Oct 16, 2020
Rareoil:

There men out there who love their wives.

No reason am.

Not every marriage is bitter.

Omo see has you fresh. Fine girl. wink

No marriage is perfect
Ask those who are already 20-40 years married like ur parents
They all had their respective trials and tribulations
They was a bitter and there would still be a bitter moment for every married couple

Men are just not satisfied with one cunt everyday
They sting angry angry angry

Someone told me every guy has or had a reason for cheating
What cheap goddamn reason could it be?
Maybe u can tell me
Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 16, 2020
You've got solid points though you missed one important one that I take very seriously which is PEACE.

You see nagging eeh, e dey raise my blood pressure. I'll let a girl win every argument as long as it will stop her from nagging even though I go still do my mind later. undecided
Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by iamyemiakins(m): 8:11am On Oct 16, 2020
Feminists won't like this thread.

I see one jobless Nairaland popular feminist coming to rant on this thread soon.
Re: 10 Things Men Want From Their Wives by Rareoil(m): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2020
Stacyomolola:

No marriage is perfect
Ask those who are already 20-40 years married like ur parents
They all had their respective trials and tribulations
They was a bitter and there would still be a bitter moment for every married couple

Men are just not satisfied with one cunt everyday
They sting angry angry angry

Someone told me every guy has or had a reason for cheating
What cheap goddamn reason could it be?
Maybe u can tell me

I understand what you are saying dear, but not every guy follows that school of thought of cheating at all cost.

There are 7.8 billion people, they will always be bad eggs in the basket.

(1) (Reply)

Those Hurtful Words From An Ex,that Will Always Motivate You To Work Harder. / A Nigerian Lady Who Was Caught"with Another Man In Her Matrimonial Home" (video) / My Aunt Has Taken Over My Father's Properties I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.