Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:33 PM

EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion (53050 Views)

#EndSARS: Sowore Confronts Military Officer At Abuja Airport / EndSARS: Sowore Returned To Police Headquarters, Create EndSARS Avenue / Why Sowore Deserves To Be Forgiven By Goodluck Jonathan Supporters – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Loandbehold: 9:52pm On Oct 15, 2020
LibertyRep:
The protesters actually did the best thing for him, and for themselves.
How so?
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by HAccord: 9:53pm On Oct 15, 2020
Kyase:

Na Honda without engine and tyres you go sell for the rest of you life.
Anufia

E pain am.

E better pass the camel and jaki (donkey) wey ya family still dey ride for this internet age for your abokiland.

grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Kyase(m): 9:55pm On Oct 15, 2020
HAccord:

E pain am.

E better pass the camel and jaki (donkey) wey ya family still dey ride for this internet age for your abokiland.

grin
Lol funny enough.
This "aboki land" develop pass your region

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by HAccord: 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2020
Kyase:

Lol funny enough.
This "aboki land" develop pass your region

Yes, shekau done 'develop' your arid godforsaken land with bombs and minefields. You talk true. Iti mpataka!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by mumumugu(m): 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Stop reminding us about how you beat someone... In a sane world you prosecute the person and jail him.... Imagine you guys Beaton nwafor the wicked sars. Is that one justice? It is only a primitive man that call beating justice
You do not get the message. It is not about beating. It is about rejecting the politician because we have lost trust in them.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Loandbehold: 10:02pm On Oct 15, 2020
Awol1:

It hasn't passed o!

He will never be forgiven for helping enthrone Buhari.

Some publications by Sahara Reporters helped damage GEJ's reputation in the international community.

He's educated enough to know the history of Buhari. His nepotism, his bigotry and the fact that he's an illiterate.

Sowore should never have supported such a man over GEJ.
In all honesty, GEJ was no better. He may not have been corrupt personally or bigoted/tribalistic, but he let everything under the sun happen right under his nose. He is no better than Buhari. They are both useless just than one is more useless than the other. SARS/Military brutality started a long time ago and festered under him. He is no saint but at least life was better under him as compared to the individual sitting at the helm of affairs right now. Sowore knows better now. That's why he isn't supporting any other person to lead. He is the best guy for the job as far as i'm concerned.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by idid: 10:14pm On Oct 15, 2020
Sowore is actually the unsung hero of the whole thing and he will be judged along that line in the New Nigeria.

I believe that posterity and history will judge him well. Youths should know that Sowore is one of the people you can trust to negotiate on your behalf.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 15, 2020
Loandbehold:

In all honesty, GEJ was no better. He may not have been corrupt personally or bigoted/tribalistic, but he let everything under the sun happen right under his nose. He is no better than Buhari. They are both useless just than one is more useless than the other. SARS/Military brutality started a long time ago and festered under him. He is no saint but at least life was better under him as compared to the individual sitting at the helm of affairs right now. Sowore knows better now. That's why he isn't supporting any other person to lead. He is the best guy for the job as far as i'm concerned.

My friend, no dey reason Sowore as president.

Just like Tinubu, Sowore will never be president of this country.

He chose the wrong side to fight and he will never be forgiven.

Go tell him that if u know him.

14 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Loandbehold: 10:23pm On Oct 15, 2020
idid:
Sowore is actually the unsung hero of the whole thing and he will be judged along that line in the New Nigeria.

I believe that posterity and history will judge him well. Youths should know that Sowore is one of the people you can trust to negotiate on your behalf.
This is the truth and those who understand, know as much.

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by blacknp(m): 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2020
dangotesmummy:
Once you allow any politician to creep in before you know it they'll hijack it and turn it to a PDP vs APC and before you know it confusion.yam, pepper, scatter scatter..all the efforts will just be wasted.it just takes allowing 1politician to cleverly creep in.however they should have at least treated him with some respect by courteously telling him to Go,not booing him.
What is it already?, why no agitation against your main agitators the Governors of your various states, why only Buhari in a democratic system of Government, of the people, by the people, & for the people?

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 15, 2020
Kyase:

You dey call me illiterate but see the nonsense you type, goosh.
And this type even in my worst days can't stand me accidentally oooo.
Tufia.

Everybody na Big man online grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by blacknp(m): 10:27pm On Oct 15, 2020
Loandbehold:

This is the truth and those who understand, know as much.
Sure a bunch of ungrateful Nigerians, nothing you will do will satisfy them, so why waste your time?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Kyase(m): 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2020
azmanaty02:

Everybody na Big man online grin
Before grin
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by blacknp(m): 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2020
Loandbehold:

Everything you said is correct, Jonathan is the worst, Jehovah will never forgive Obasanjo for foisting a joker on Nigeria, & towing Nigeria down the lines of destruction.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by openuniversity5: 10:37pm On Oct 15, 2020
In as much Sowore is not a saint, however he deserves some respect and treating him this way is VERY bad except those involved in that single actdon't know his history. Weather we like it or not he's one of the first persons that started this protests and has been fighting this Government for years.

I really feel bad watching that video. In whatever case I still respect him as a hero

9 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Rahkman: 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2020
Loandbehold:
It's really disappointing to see how the protesters in Abuja treated Sowore. This guy has literally been fighting the government of Nigeria and has tried his best to stir the people to take matters into their hands and protest. He was even locked up for the cause.
He joined politics to try to fight them but yet some Nigerians are against him. They tagged him "just like every other politician". He's not like others. He went in there to fight them. Let's not loose sight of that. He might have made some errors just like everyone of us. But time and time again, he always stood by the people. He never turned on the people but now that he and several others have succeeded in waking the sleeping giant, the people are trying to turn against him. In as much as you might have something against him, at least, show the man some respect. He has done enough to warrant it and he shouldn't be treated like that.
Sowore, "forgive them for they know not what they do," and don't loose faith in the people. We need you in this fight wether we like it or not. Keep up the good work and don't let this little hiccup deter you. There are a lot more people that support you and will continue to support you. Your service is appreciated.
#appreciatesowore
i agree with you ignore the rants of useless Igbos

6 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Loandbehold: 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2020
openuniversity5:
In as much Sowore is not a saint, however he deserves some respect and treating him this way is VERY bad except those involved in that single actdon't know his history. Weather we like it or not he's one of the first persons that started this protests and has been fighting this Government for years.

I really feel bad watching that video. In whatever case I still respect him as a hero
They were definitely not fair to him in that video. It's a sight for sore eyes.

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Rahkman: 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2020
Kyase:

So SARS start to molest una na after 2015 ba, when I say some people sense dey their yarnsh Dem go deny am.
if you think this protest is just about sars alone then u should be the dumbest person in Nigeria now

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by sammy329(m): 10:50pm On Oct 15, 2020
Loandbehold:

They were definitely not fair to him in that video. It's a sight for sore eyes.
Sowore is that you

This account was just created

12 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Loandbehold: 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2020
sammy329:
Sowore is that you

This account was just created
You think Sowore will have time to post opinions here? This is not Sowore. I'm a long time viewer on Nairaland. I never bothered to make an account until I saw the video. I wanted to air my thoughts on the matter but there's no way to vent if you don't register on the site.

6 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Notatribalist(m): 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2020
Loandbehold:
It's really disappointing to see how the protesters in Abuja treated Sowore. This guy has literally been fighting the government of Nigeria and has tried his best to stir the people to take matters into their hands and protest. He was even locked up for the cause.
He joined politics to try to fight them but yet some Nigerians are against him. They tagged him "just like every other politician". He's not like others. He went in there to fight them. Let's not lose sight of that. He might have made some errors just like everyone of us. But time and time again, he always stood by the people. He never turned on the people but now that he and several others have succeeded in waking the sleeping giant, the people are trying to turn against him. In as much as you might have something against him, at least, show the man some respect. He has done enough to warrant it and he shouldn't be treated like that.
Sowore, "forgive them for they know not what they do," and don't loose faith in the people. We need you in this fight wether we like it or not. Keep up the good work and don't let this little hiccup deter you. There are a lot more people that support you and will continue to support you. Your service is appreciated.
#appreciatesowore
His mistake was joining politics..

6 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Skinnienigga(m): 11:16pm On Oct 15, 2020
openuniversity5:

You know why he was rejected?

On the first day of protests, his people came with their #RevolutionNow flags, caps, shirts and all, and they tried to take over the protest to make it look like Sowore was the leader. The youths, not wanting to make the protest a political thing, turned them away. Sowore's people were asked to put down their emblems and join the protest as neutrals or go home. They refused to put down their signs so they were chased off protest grounds.

Next thing, Sahara Reporters - owned by Sowore - started reporting lies about protesters. They started posting fake reports on Twitter and all. So people called them out, and rejected them. Both Sowore and SaharaReporters were called out on Twitter for trying to hijack the protests for their selfish reasons.

That's why he got such an unwelcoming reception today. Shikena.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Karleb(m): 11:18pm On Oct 15, 2020
Sowore is just another politician.

I lost my respect for that fellow when he tried to hijack #EndSARS when it started. He came with his people carrying with their revolution now.

Do you know how the Nigerian government would have treated this protest if it was in any way adulterated by #revolutionNow.

When he didn't have his way, he left and only came back yesterday since then. There has been no form of support from him, his media has been peddling lies against the #EndSARS protest.

Sowore is just another Buhari in disguise.

I seriously dislike the fellow as at now.

10 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Karleb(m): 11:22pm On Oct 15, 2020
Skinnienigga:

You know why he was rejected?

On the first day of protests, his people came with their #RevolutionNow flags, caps, shirts and all, and they tried to take over the protest to make it look like Sowore was the leader. The youths, not wanting to make the protest a political thing, turned them away. Sowore's people were asked to put down their emblems and join the protest as neutrals or go home. They refused to put down their signs so they were chased off protest grounds.

Next thing, Sahara Reporters - owned by Sowore - started reporting lies about protesters. They started posting fake reports on Twitter and all. So people called them out, and rejected them. Both Sowore and SaharaReporters were called out on Twitter for trying to hijack the protests for their selfish reasons.

That's why he got such an unwelcoming reception today. Shikena.

Chai! Why did I duplicate your comment.

Had I seen this reply before commenting, I wouldn't have.

Only people who followed the protest live or on twitter can understand this.

Sowore is a traitor, an hindrance to this present generation success.

10 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Loandbehold: 11:29pm On Oct 15, 2020
Karleb:

Go and watch videos, he was there for several days, not just yesterday. Common sense suggests that #Endsars alone is not enough. He probably thought it would end there. He was only trying to use the opportunity to do more with the same straw. But the people misjudged him. There might be other motives but I can't tell. Regardless, this is not enough reason to treat him this way.

8 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Loandbehold: 11:29pm On Oct 15, 2020
Karleb:

How is he a traitor and a hindrance?

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Skinnienigga(m): 11:30pm On Oct 15, 2020
Karleb:

Lool. My guy!

They probably didn't follow the protests from the onset that's why they are still seeing Sowore as a saint. The dude is a two-faced fellow.

I remember after he lost the election, Baba didn't say anything until after Bubu's ministerial list came out. Sources claim that he was clamouring for a cabinet appointment. When he saw that there was nothing for him, he started shouting revolution yen yen yen.

He's a typical Nigerian politician to the call.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by EdoPrince93(m): 11:34pm On Oct 15, 2020
Sowore deserved what he got...He accused some activists by saying they have made billions from the #Endsars protest which is completely untrue..His major pain is the fact that his #RevolutionNow protest flopped..If he was given any opportunity to tag along with this current protesters driven by one goal to make sure the police get reformed Sowore will Hijack it and turn it to his own personal agenda..Mind you sowore main issue with Buhari started from when he didn't get any appointment from Him..You haven't seen any body come out and say he is the leader of the EndSars movement and if sowore was given a chance he will stake a claim to being the founder and also boost his political ambition..
#SayNoToSowore

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by EdoPrince93(m): 11:34pm On Oct 15, 2020
Skinnienigga:

Lool. My guy!

They probably didn't follow the protests from the onset that's why they are still seeing Sowore as a saint. The dude is a two-faced fellow.

I remember after he lost the election, Baba didn't say anything until after Bubu's ministerial list came out. Sources claim that he was clamouring for a cabinet appointment. When he saw that there was nothing for him, he started shouting revolution yen yen yen.

He's a typical Nigerian politician to the call.

Exactky,he was looking for an appointment..He's a greedy two faced Bitter asslicker..

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Karleb(m): 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2020
EdoPrince93:
Sowore deserved what he got...He accused some activists by saying they have made billions from the #Endsars protest which is completely untrue..His major pain is the fact that his #RevolutionNow protest flopped..If he was given any opportunity to tag along with this current protesters driven by one goal to make sure the police get reformed Sowore will Hijack it and turn it to his own personal agenda..Mind you sowore main issue with Buhari started from when he didn't get any appointment from Him..You haven't seen any body come out and say he is the leader of the EndSars movement and if sowore was given a chance he will stake a claim to being the founder and also boost his political ambition..
#SayNoToSowore

God bless you generation! coolcoolcool

You can imagine me clamoring for that fellow in 2018

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by amuwo1980: 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2020
Loandbehold:
He joined politics to try to fight them but yet some Nigerians are against him. They tagged him "just like every other politician". He's not like others. He went in there to fight them. Let's not lose sight of that. He might have made some errors just like everyone of us. But time and time again, he always stood by the people. He never turned on the people but now that he and several others have succeeded in waking the sleeping giant, the people are trying to turn against him. In as much as you might have something against him, at least, show the man some respect. He has done enough to warrant it and he shouldn't be treated like that.
#appreciatesowore

Are u ok? What kind of gaslighting is this ? You think we are kids? Fuk sowore

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Skinnienigga(m): 11:40pm On Oct 15, 2020
Loandbehold:

Go and watch videos, he was there for several days, not just yesterday. Common sense suggests that #Endsars alone is not enough. He probably thought it would end there. He was only trying to use the opportunity to do more with the same straw. But the people misjudged him. There might be other motives but I can't tell. Regardless, this is not enough reason to treat him this way.

Lmao. Which videos? If he has been there, why was he turned away today?

He tried to turn #EndSARS to #RevolutionNow. Nobody misjudged his motives.

Even Segalink is being scolded for calling himself the convener of the #EndSARS campaign. Sowore should have supported without trying to make it about him.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

INEC To Postpone 2015 Elections For Six Weeks / Atiku Abubakar And Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Posters Flood Social Media / Governor Wike Dares IPOB Members To Harass Him Whenever He Travels To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.