Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,233 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion (53156 Views)

#EndSARS: Sowore Confronts Military Officer At Abuja Airport / EndSARS: Sowore Returned To Police Headquarters, Create EndSARS Avenue / Why Sowore Deserves To Be Forgiven By Goodluck Jonathan Supporters – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Karleb(m): 11:41pm On Oct 15, 2020
openuniversity5:
In as much Sowore is not a saint, however he deserves some respect and treating him this way is VERY bad except those involved in that single actdon't know his history. Weather we like it or not he's one of the first persons that started this protests and has been fighting this Government for years.

I really feel bad watching that video. In whatever case I still respect him as a hero

Oga! This protest was actually inspired by #blackLivesMatter

6 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:43pm On Oct 15, 2020
Loandbehold:
It's really disappointing to see how the protesters in Abuja treated Sowore. This guy has literally been fighting the government of Nigeria and has tried his best to stir the people to take matters into their hands and protest. He was even locked up for the cause.
He joined politics to try to fight them but yet some Nigerians are against him. They tagged him "just like every other politician". He's not like others. He went in there to fight them. Let's not lose sight of that. He might have made some errors just like everyone of us. But time and time again, he always stood by the people. He never turned on the people but now that he and several others have succeeded in waking the sleeping giant, the people are trying to turn against him. In as much as you might have something against him, at least, show the man some respect. He has done enough to warrant it and he shouldn't be treated like that.
Sowore, "forgive them for they know not what they do," and don't loose faith in the people. We need you in this fight wether we like it or not. Keep up the good work and don't let this little hiccup deter you. There are a lot more people that support you and will continue to support you. Your service is appreciated.
#appreciatesowore

You need to understand the problem with Nigeria illiteracy and stupidity once you are helping the people the people want to drag you down

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:51pm On Oct 15, 2020
Loandbehold:

Go and watch videos, he was there for several days, not just yesterday. Common sense suggests that #Endsars alone is not enough. He probably thought it would end there. He was only trying to use the opportunity to do more with the same straw. But the people misjudged him. There might be other motives but I can't tell. Regardless, this is not enough reason to treat him this way.

If you are not with him and you do not know what is really going on, police has been restricting his movement and monitoring his movement making it difficult for him to move. Just look what they did to the Nollywood star by putting her under house arrest it is the same thing which is happening to him

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by nameo: 11:59pm On Oct 15, 2020
meetme01:
If he was accepted to the rally, the focus would change and govt may use force which might lead to extra judicial killing and clamping down on posters with DSS or Army.

It was done to avoid any political undertone. He would use the platform to push for revolution which would actually come as the protest persist. You can see the government is finding it hard to pitch the protest to anyone. NO LEADER protest. That's the consensus and awesome strategy.

If Sowore is disgruntled, he should understand what the protest is all about and respect the views of the youth.

You are smart

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Ezmans: 12:09am On Oct 16, 2020
zionmde:
Sowore is a politician who lost an election period!!!
politics should steer away from this protest
moreover d guy is confused.
never trust any Afonja man he ill disappoint you on the road
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by elantraceey(f): 12:29am On Oct 16, 2020
EdoPrince93:
Sowore deserved what he got...He accused some activists by saying they have made billions from the #Endsars protest which is completely untrue..His major pain is the fact that his #RevolutionNow protest flopped..If he was given any opportunity to tag along with this current protesters driven by one goal to make sure the police get reformed Sowore will Hijack it and turn it to his own personal agenda..Mind you sowore main issue with Buhari started from when he didn't get any appointment from Him..You haven't seen any body come out and say he is the leader of the EndSars movement and if sowore was given a chance he will stake a claim to being the founder and also boost his political ambition..
#SayNoToSowore

600years of blessing to you. It's very easy to see his agenda. 2023 we're voting for a completely fresh blood. No one is going to use us to achieve their dreams anymore.

10 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by ednut1(m): 12:35am On Oct 16, 2020
He deserves more than that. He is a scammer and blackmailer

7 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by laiperi: 1:08am On Oct 16, 2020
I also felt real bad by the way they pushed him out of the way.

They have a point that his presence would polarize the people and give way for Buhari Government to do what they have always wanted and will eventually do. Brutalized the crowd.

They did it to IPOB, OPC, MASSOB, Niger Delta any group. Not to mention massacres in the Odi Southsouth and Middle Belt.

All through these, one of the voices among the activists was Sowore. It is in his blood.

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by MainJoe: 2:14am On Oct 16, 2020
Let us not forget our heroes.

Sowore has been fighting for too long and deserves better.

George Iwilade aka Afrika lives on.

The protest Pic is 1999.

7 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by AsiwajuNdigbo: 3:27am On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:
It's really disappointing to see how the protesters in Abuja treated Sowore. This guy has literally been fighting the government of Nigeria and has tried his best to stir the people to take matters into their hands and protest. He was even locked up for the cause.
He joined politics to try to fight them but yet some Nigerians are against him. They tagged him "just like every other politician". He's not like others. He went in there to fight them. Let's not lose sight of that. He might have made some errors just like everyone of us. But time and time again, he always stood by the people. He never turned on the people but now that he and several others have succeeded in waking the sleeping giant, the people are trying to turn against him. In as much as you might have something against him, at least, show the man some respect. He has done enough to warrant it and he shouldn't be treated like that.
Sowore, "forgive them for they know not what they do," and don't loose faith in the people. We need you in this fight wether we like it or not. Keep up the good work and don't let this little hiccup deter you. There are a lot more people that support you and will continue to support you. Your service is appreciated.
#appreciatesowore

I was surprised when i saw that news that Abuja protesters turned Sowore away because he is politician. Very surprised.

Abuja protesters should have rethink about Sowore.

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by edoairways: 4:42am On Oct 16, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Stop reminding us about how you beat someone... In a sane world you prosecute the person and jail him.... Imagine you guys Beaton nwafor the wicked sars. Is that one justice? It is only a primitive man that call beating justice
That is a sane world but is Nigeria a sane country?
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by PharmD911: 5:12am On Oct 16, 2020
Eriokanmi:
he supported same govt in 2015 remember? He's a flip-flopper
Saraki, dino, obasanjo, atiku did, are they also a flip floppers or they're saint?

8 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by PenSniper: 5:57am On Oct 16, 2020
TRASH.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:

In as much as we believe GEJ is better than Buhari, his government was flawed and corruption thrived so he believed Buhari who had somewhat of a record for no tolerance would be better but he was wrong and soon realized it like many others. He has since tried to right the wrong and believed the only person he could support was himself since he knows himself better than anyone else and he is confident he has what it takes to tackle the political elites in Nigeria. That is why he went into politics.

Many others have lost, with the way Nigeria was set up, there was absolutely no way he was going to win the last election. He didn't give up. How is he confused?
GEJ is not better than Buhari. GEJ was a buffoon.

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by ElValiente(m): 6:11am On Oct 16, 2020
Reno Omokri guys. Ifyouknowyouknow

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:12am On Oct 16, 2020
Sowore is the only person in Nigeria hated by both APC/PDP supporters
That should tell you that at one point or the other, their oppressors have been dragged on Sahara reporters

2023 all those idiotss would be killing themselves to vote recycled foools again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Cajal(m): 6:19am On Oct 16, 2020
HAccord:
Anybody who supported this government in 2015 is very much part of the problem that currently bedevils us.

There is no mincing words here.
...2015 or not
Is a politician
And for now all of them are the same
Pre or post 2015
Or is there any difference between POVERTY DEVELOPMENT PARTY OR ASSOCIATION OF PAST CRIMINALS?

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by seanwilliam(m): 6:21am On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:

In as much as we believe GEJ is better than Buhari, his government was flawed and corruption thrived so he believed Buhari who had somewhat of a record for no tolerance would be better but he was wrong and soon realized it like many others. He has since tried to right the wrong and believed the only person he could support was himself since he knows himself better than anyone else and he is confident he has what it takes to tackle the political elites in Nigeria. That is why he went into politics.

Many others have lost, with the way Nigeria was set up, there was absolutely no way he was going to win the last election. He didn't give up. How is he confused?
stop defending politicians.. they are the dirtiest human being especially in nigeria
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Turantula(m): 6:26am On Oct 16, 2020
Kyase:

You dey call me illiterate but see the nonsense you type, goosh.
And this type even in my worst days can't stand me accidentally oooo.
Tufia.
Aboki face masalachi
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Turantula(m): 6:30am On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:

In all honesty, GEJ was no better. He may not have been corrupt personally or bigoted/tribalistic, but he let everything under the sun happen right under his nose. He is no better than Buhari. They are both useless just than one is more useless than the other. SARS/Military brutality started a long time ago and festered under him. He is no saint but at least life was better under him as compared to the individual sitting at the helm of affairs right now. Sowore knows better now. That's why he isn't supporting any other person to lead. He is the best guy for the job as far as i'm concerned.
APC Zombie on the beat

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 16, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Sowore is the only person in Nigeria hated by both APC/PDP supporters
That should tell you that at one point or the other, their oppressors have been dragged on Sahara reporters

2023 all those idiotss would be killing themselves to vote recycled foools again.

Exactly, people who keep saying he brought in Buhari in 2015 do not want the growth of Nigeria. They're only unhappy their man failed an election and can't move on.

If they refused to vote for him in 2019 because he brought Buhari in why did they vote in millions for Atiku who was a major finance source of the APC during the 2015 elections?

If we are to go by their argument Banky W or YUl Edochie should not protest because they've both contested and failed elections as politicians.

9 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by JohnNU(m): 6:40am On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:

Then he realized Buhari was no good. He has been condeming every act by the president ever since
Then he has nothing to tell us anymore. If we allow him, he will still mislead us the second time. Let him go abeg. I hate nonsense.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:44am On Oct 16, 2020
ethicallyright:

Exactly, people who keep saying he brought in Buhari in 2015 do not want the growth of Nigeria. They're only unhappy their man failed an election and can't move on.

If they refused to vote for him in 2019 because he brought Buhari in why did they vote in millions for Atiku who was a major finance source of the APC during the 2015 elections?

He volunteered his private jet
Even raised Buhari's hand as the savior from PDP
Those guys are clowns I swear

7 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Difrent: 6:44am On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:

whatever happened 2015 has since passed and he was not the determining factor for Buhari winning the election then. He is a good man with good intentions, let's not pretend like someone else is going to become president without becoming a politician. We will still elect a politician at the end of the day. The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know and he is no devil. He has a track record of doing the best to hold the government accountable. I'll take him anyday and anytime over anybody.

That doesn't mean he will be a great president.
Buhari just doesn't have passion for senseless wealth acquisition at the masses expense but was portrayed as incorruptible....now we know better .

I have an issue with the young generation and that is they are even more reckless with money than the older generation, how can an activist stay in a 100k per night suit for months running ?
I stopped liking Sowore I found out that he lives in a hotel suite ,what kind of lifestyle is he living and want his followers to emulate.....in revolutionary circles that is high treason.

Besides I personally think he is a CIA agent in Nigeria .....Sahara reporters was funded by some foundation and CIA shell companies. he is not the only one many of our politicians and so called activists are CIA agents.

6 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by JohnNU(m): 6:50am On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:

Already did. if you don't like the opinion, you are free to disagree.
I will vote Buhari over Sowore a thousand times. The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. Gov. Yahaya Bello on my mind.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 16, 2020
No one had seen terrorism in Nigeria pre Jonathan era so it was normal to think that he was a weak president. The Federal Capital Territory was bombed almost everyday. The Police Headquarters, United Nations building etc were all bombed. Boko Haram attacked Kano and other Northern States not even in the North East.

The soldiers were also complaining of inferior weapons and once they even claimed " tactical manoeuvre " when the Boko Haram fighters pursued them away from the Lake Chad. Chibok girls were kidnapped and even the United States were angry with Jonathan.

Sowore and every other person with the interest of Nigeria at heart could not change government through any other means apart from elections.

Everybody did not think about Buhari's economic policies while he was Head of State. They thought about his disciplined nature as even foreign observers have noted that his period as Head of State witnessed the least amount of crimes in Nigeria. He was successful with War against Indiscipline in 1984 and even the most stubborn people were afraid to exhibit simple bad behaviors like jumping queues.

A person with a military background to defeat terrorism and a history of discipline to quench the burning fire of corruption was the prerequisite for the next Nigerian President. Only Buhari fulfilled that qualification then and that was why he became President.

Sowore didn't support Buhari he supported change .

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 16, 2020
mumumugu:

You do not get the message. It is not about beating. It is about rejecting the politician because we have lost trust in them.

Will that one stop him from stealing again?
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Loandbehold: 7:07am On Oct 16, 2020
Turantula:

APC Zombie on the beat
I know you have difficulty comprehending things but I don't support APC in any manner of means. I'll rather die than vote for anyone in APC. What have they done for us to make me vote for them? I never voted for them and never will.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Ventura1: 7:16am On Oct 16, 2020
No matter what, the current endsars protest was built on Sowore's consistent call for protest. Any moment the current agitation moves away from end to other demands, it's a REVOLUTION.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by zionmde: 7:17am On Oct 16, 2020
Ezmans:
never trust any Afonja man he ill disappoint you on the road
the same way I will never trust an Igbo man. he will betray u for d sake of money

As u can see we all have our shortfalls

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by tamdun: 7:32am On Oct 16, 2020
Eriokanmi:
he supported same govt in 2015 remember? He's a flip-flopper
There's nothing like flipflop abeg, if Buhari performed well we will praise him and if he messed up, we will condemn him, some of us are not loyal to party but our country, same sowore was the first person that started the fight that brought Jonathan as d president but when Jonathan messed up, u expect him to remain silent?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

This Man Was Carried By Ambulance From Hospital To Go Vote In Jos (Picture) / Biafra: Why Nnamdi Kanu Has Not Been Re-arrested – IGP / #LagosAt50: Foot-Like Statue At Berger Erected By Lagos State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.