Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion (53155 Views)

#EndSARS: Sowore Confronts Military Officer At Abuja Airport / EndSARS: Sowore Returned To Police Headquarters, Create EndSARS Avenue / Why Sowore Deserves To Be Forgiven By Goodluck Jonathan Supporters – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by MainJoe: 9:31am On Oct 16, 2020
IamPlato:
I don't hate him, I have no reason to.

He only looks confused and if he continues to jump from one side to the other he will not be trusted but seen as a serpent.

He should find his loyalty ground and get rooted to it.

Sowore's loyalty has never changed and will never change. He has put his life on the line multiple times since he was a student.

His loyalty lies with the Nigerian people and not any government.

That is why from Babangida, Abacha, OBJ, Yaradua, GEJ and now Buhari, he has fought against them for the Nigerians he is loyal to.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by bewla(m): 9:31am On Oct 16, 2020
Eriokanmi:
he supported same govt in 2015 remember? He's a flip-flopper
I supported Buhari in 2015 does not mean I can't stand against it if my right and others whom I fill deserve better are treated badly

More over some have been here for long for us
We should show love this not the time to look for fault

And is not a Buhari must go thing is reform and end to brutality we sick for

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by EdoPrince93(m): 9:31am On Oct 16, 2020
elantraceey:

600years of blessing to you. It's very easy to see his agenda. 2023 we're voting for a completely fresh blood. No one is going to use us to achieve their dreams anymore.

Everlasting blessings for you and your family too..and we are going to make the right decisions for our future and not let this old recycled criminals do it for us anymore...
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by MainJoe: 9:32am On Oct 16, 2020
martineverest:
tinubu did the same against those former Presidents,where is he now?.....sowore should have remained an activist rather than contesting for presidency.

ask yourself what Aisha yesufu is doing right that sowore and oby Ezekwesili couldn't do ?

Aisha is doing well. May God protect and give her strength.

Oby and Sowore also did a lot of good and I pray for God to reward them too.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Alawode01(m): 9:33am On Oct 16, 2020
those goons are yet not ready to go,if the incumbent is allow the incoming needs to allow,he is dying for sake and you're rejecting him,who will now be,is it the same sets of failure of past will be fixed,what brings about #Endsars,unemployment,unpatriotic,bad leadership etc,he didn't have much problem on his own but people that is coming and better living for the present,it should be an avenue for the people to support,# not too young to run,if any others persons can be allowed.#he has to talk his own,to make nigeria better place.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Celebsnews2: 9:33am On Oct 16, 2020
Is a pity.

Meanwhile, Watch Exclusive and Full Video of Davido's Trip to Abuja. From when he landed to when he left! He also had a swimming competition with Billionaire son, Kiddwaya, in his father's mansion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQKRYqpCA3M
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by OYENIYIJK: 9:34am On Oct 16, 2020
meetme01:
If he was accepted to the rally, the focus would change and govt may use force which might lead to extra judicial killing and clamping down on posters with DSS or Army.

It was done to avoid any political undertone. He would use the platform to push for revolution which would actually come as the protest persist. You can see the government is finding it hard to pitch the protest to anyone. NO LEADER protest. That's the consensus and awesome strategy.

If Sowore is disgruntled, he should understand what the protest is all about and respect the views of the youth.

I was like who type this with much sense and I'm not surprised, it's my brother grin grin

Good Morning Baba
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by nonhuman(m): 9:34am On Oct 16, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Stop reminding us about how you beat someone... In a sane world you prosecute the person and jail him.... Imagine you guys Beaton nwafor the wicked sars. Is that one justice? It is only a primitive man that call beating justice
that is called resulting to self help when institutions are not working as suppose, which called will jail buhari even if he killed us mum
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Xisnin(m): 9:34am On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:
It's really disappointing to see how the protesters in Abuja treated Sowore. This guy has literally been fighting the government of Nigeria and has tried his best to stir the people to take matters into their hands and protest. He was even locked up for the cause.

Fighting the government is not an achievement.
Mugabe and Oshiomole fought the government in their day.
How did they turn out?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by tartar9(m): 9:35am On Oct 16, 2020
tamdun:

They think they are arguing with a child, when sowore was fighting for Jonathan, they were OK with but when he fought against him they show their true colour
They're just PDP sycophants,their loyalty is to their party. They're amongst the problems we have in this country.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by IamPlato(m): 9:40am On Oct 16, 2020
ethicallyright:

You are not wrong. Democracy in Nigeria is growing. At this point Nigeria is the most democratic country in Africa.

The youth have reaffirmed that they are the strongest force to reckon with . To change the status quo our voices must not only be heard criticizing the state of things, our solutions must also do the change.

The protest has no direction because it lacks a leader. The fact is that those who started it did not listen to the voice of reason when we told them to come with a bigger and all encompassing title. They were only interested in fighting what looked like the nearest problem , which is myopic, but when they government granted their wish ,they then discovered that it was not their real problem and if they leave without getting their real problem solved, they wouldn't get another opportunity in years. That's why this protest goes on without a direction.

No one has the boldness to make the real demand the youths want. We have people beating around the bush and seeking validation.
That's the reason I wrote the open letter to the youths on my profile.

I am glad you can see the big picture, the youths are charged you and obviously the strongest force but with this method of approach they will become exactly like who they are fighting.

Watch movies like Hunger Games and divergent and you will see that when protesters take a place they become just like who they were fighting.

Power is strong, leadership is tough... They overwhelm people quickly, but there is always a right approach to winning without losing lives.

The youths are strong but are not ready for what they want to claim, why? Because they lack the understanding of Selflessness....

Who can be a selfless leader? It's a hard role to play.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 16, 2020
MainJoe:

Aisha is doing well. May God protect and give her strength.

Oby and Sowore also did a lot of good and I pray for God to reward them too.

I've read every single comment you've made on this thread and wouldn't take away your intelligence and objectivity which was well represented in every paragraph.

Nigerians do not really understand the concept of democracy. Most of the young adults flooding the streets this morning genuinely believe that they can change an elected government through violence or call the International community to make an elected president resign against his will.

Sowore did what a democratic activist would do. He his a political activist with an ideology. Nigerian , however, do not subscribe to ideologies except religious ideologies.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by IamPlato(m): 9:41am On Oct 16, 2020
MainJoe:

Sowore's loyalty has never change and will never change. He has put his life on the line multiple times since he was a student.

His loyalty lies with the Nigerian people and not any government.

That is why from Babangida, Abacha, OBJ, Yaradua, GEJ and now Buhari, he has fought against them for the Nigerians he is loyal to.
If you guys think he is good for you then carry on

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Femeto: 9:42am On Oct 16, 2020
Sowore should backdown.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:

Then he realized Buhari was no good. He has been condeming every act by the president ever since

Disassociating from sowore is the perfect thing to do, if the movement must sustain its "credibility"
so far the govt have been quiet, buh what they need is an avenue to discredit the movement as one been sponsored or hijacked by the opposition, that is the premium antics govt av up there sleeves, we can't throw our struggle away just because of how sowore feels, of all people he should understand.
I think sowore as done is best, maybe its time he sits back and let the youth do the rest. anyone that has an affiliation with the opposition should just keep off.

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Omoslim26: 9:46am On Oct 16, 2020
MainJoe:

F. this government. They are useless for all I care. However, their incompetence does not absolve GEJ for his gross wastage of our resources with little or nothing to show.

This is not about blame games but fact. GEJ was a disaster and had to go. Sowore was right fighting his corrupt regime. Sowore did not waste time to start a war against Buhari when he saw the gross mismanagement of the country.

Things looked better under GEJ because of the windfall of Crude oil funds.

Sowore deserves better because he put his life on the line to give us a better country.

Well in as much as I applaud his input in the struggle I have always seen him as a commendable comrade but right now his intentions as a politician cannot be trusted by d youths

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Donspicey: 9:46am On Oct 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Without regret, YOU DON'T HAVE SENSE. Because he supported Buhari from GEJ's cluelessness in 2015 mean he doesn't have moral right to criticize him?

You're all dumb to think as such.

We've never regretted chasing GEJ out of office in 2015

Mr man speak for yourself,,,which one be "WE"

Buhari is the opposite of anytin *GOOD*

Sowore should go and sit ontop broken bottles jareh.....

All of dem frm Saraki,kwankwaso,Atiku,sowore,Tinubu,Amaechi,Tambuwal and dos dat supported dis Regime go hear word....na jst time
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by MainJoe: 9:49am On Oct 16, 2020
ethicallyright:

I've read every single comment you've made on this thread and wouldn't take away your intelligence and objectivity which was well represented in every paragraph.

Nigerians do not really understand the concept of democracy. Most of the young adults flooding the streets this morning genuinely believe that they can change an elected government through violence or call the International community to make an elected president resign against his will.

If there is something we gained from this protest is the approach Folarin "Falz" Falana has given it.

Coming up the a 5 Plan Agenda and getting the Governor to present it to the president was a turning point.

If the protest maintains momentum until the agendas are achieved, we might carve out a route for better governance.

His letter for the President to constitute the Board of the National Human Right Commission is another sign of the same approach.

With a clear demand from the government and Mass action, we might have a return from this protest.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Without regret, YOU DON'T HAVE SENSE. Because he supported Buhari from GEJ's cluelessness in 2015 mean he doesn't have moral right to criticize him?

You're all dumb to think as such.

We've never regretted chasing GEJ out of office in 2015
I stand with this view.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by PDPdestroyer(m): 9:50am On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:

In all honesty, GEJ was no better. He may not have been corrupt personally or bigoted/tribalistic, but he let everything under the sun happen right under his nose. He is no better than Buhari. They are both useless just than one is more useless than the other. SARS/Military brutality started a long time ago and festered under him. He is no saint but at least life was better under him as compared to the individual sitting at the helm of affairs right now. Sowore knows better now. That's why he isn't supporting any other person to lead. He is the best guy for the job as far as i'm concerned.
My guy don't waste time on that nigga you quoted, he's just a pained GEJ apologist who will never forgive Sowore for his role in sending the Otuoke man out of Aso Rock.
Nigerians are stupid and forgetful people, if not, why would anyone be repackaging someone like Jonathan to contest in 2023.
For the records, this man GEJ deployed soldiers to the street in 2012 to quell the subsidy protests while the Buhari those hypocrites love to abuse has respected Nigerians right to protest, and this is the first time any President will allow the kind of protests we're witnesses today without deploying military.
The fact that Jonathan even diverted funds meant for arms purchase to equip our military for his re-election is enough reason for him to be tagged an enemy of the State because that's a crime against the people of Nigeria, but guess what, some unfortunate people call him the hero of democracy. Yet, you hardly hear people talk about that, they're rather concerned about what Tinubu does with his own money.
This country will never get better! You can take that to the bank!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by igbokwesampson(m): 9:50am On Oct 16, 2020
The time is now, end sars isnt enough, nigeria needs a revolution

https://www./168823290560846/
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by MainJoe: 9:51am On Oct 16, 2020
Omoslim26:

Well in as much as I applaud his input in the struggle I have always seen him as a commendable comrade but right now his intentions as a politician cannot be trusted by d youths

I can understand not trusting but I can not understand total disrespect of a hero who has put his life on the line repeatedly for us.

The point is that he deserves better than disrespect.

He is a true hero of this democracy we have today.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by cooltola(m): 9:52am On Oct 16, 2020
Who cares?
Who fought?
Who did?
The youth want results
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Slurity(m): 9:53am On Oct 16, 2020
HAccord:
Anybody who supported this government in 2015 is very much part of the problem that currently bedevils us.

There is no mincing words here.
and what are the problem that is with Nigeria now that other countries are not suffering same or even times 2. Until we realize that Buhari is not our problem then we can make headway. Italy and Brazil just entered recession in few weeks back and still see Buhari as the cause of a world problem. Majority of Nigeria supported Buhari to power and you can't say because you did not support him then you are the innocent. God is the one that established anyone to position of authorities.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Omoslim26: 9:55am On Oct 16, 2020
MainJoe:

I can understand not trusting but I can not understand of a total disrespect of a hero who has put his life on the line repeatedly for us.

The point is that he deserves better than disrespect.

He is a true hero of this democracy we have today.

Well I would have to agree with you on dat

there could have been a more subtle way of asking him to excuse them

but don't totally blame the angry youths Sowore should do a critical analysis of the situation before coming out next time especially wen he has a revolution now tag on him

the protesters try as much as possible to paint dis struggle a zero politicking affair
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Loandbehold: 9:56am On Oct 16, 2020
Xisnin:

Fighting the government is not an achievement.
Mugabe and Oshiomole fought the government in their day.
How did they turn out?
Oshiomole didn't fight the government. He fought his opposition. He was always a snake and will forever be a snake. Sowore has been fighting since his university days. He has fought almost all regimes. He never picked any side and kept quiet when things weren't going well. He always spoke out. He has tried riling up the youths for a long, long time. We were just not ready until now. And the #EndSARS protest is a very commendable movement but that's not enough. They've dissolved SARS but people are still chanting #EndSARS. His movement would have been the best because it is/was vague enough to cover basically every issue. He should at least be respected for that. He should never be prevented from participating in anything. He has every right to protest just like every other citizen so pushing him is a No No.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by dewuyiebun: 9:56am On Oct 16, 2020
Who does this sermon help...he's a politician period,he has an ambition to rule,got a plan but what a very wrong move...he got caught up in his own web
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by mightyhazel: 9:57am On Oct 16, 2020
meetme01:
If he was accepted to the rally, the focus would change and govt may use force which might lead to extra judicial killing and clamping down on posters with DSS or Army.

It was done to avoid any political undertone. He would use the platform to push for revolution which would actually come as the protest persist. You can see the government is finding it hard to pitch the protest to anyone. NO LEADER protest. That's the consensus and awesome strategy.

If Sowore is disgruntled, he should understand what the protest is all about and respect the views of the youth.

Awesome submission
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by tot(f): 9:58am On Oct 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Another f00l, ass thinker like the one above.
Because he supported Buhari he can't criticize him again?

You all these PDP miscreants are even giving us concern to think about this protest.

What you love is PDP not Nigeria.
NUISANCE

Says the person that was actively posting false narratives about the protest at the start, so what concern exactly are they giving you?! undecided Afterall you have been anti-protests right from start.

It's annoying to see people twisting things to suit their selfish agendas.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by OgideAgu: 9:59am On Oct 16, 2020
Hahaha

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by benji93: 9:59am On Oct 16, 2020
What a bunch of crap. He chose the wrong side? Is there any sort thing as a wrong side? Your reasoning is quite pathetic and borderline shameful honestly. I wouldn't anyone reason him as the a potential president? Is he not a citizen with some accomplishment? Those leaders that you support so fervently, what have they done to advance this country? Under Jonathan, people were getting away with stealing billions of dollars. Money was going missing everywhere. The man couldn't keep his house in order. He lost control. If you want to keep that kind of president, then you need serious help. On the other hand there was Buhari who was notable for his discipline. It wasn't a bad decision to consider him then, despite the fact that it was glaring that he may not sophisiticated enough to handle the Nigeria of this time. Most people believed what we needed was someoene who could be ruthless with rooting out corruption. He was the only one at that time with that kind of reputation. When some of you guys talk about the fact that the level of suffering then wasn't as much, but you forget that when you keep taking money out of the coffers uncontrollably, during rainy days, you will definitely suffer. The government of jonathan played a major role in our suffering today. The clueless people in all their greed did not cosnider the fact that the Oil prices may take a disastrous nosedive. Perhaps if they had the best interest of nigerians at heart, they could have saved in anticipation of the fall of the price of Oil. Most Nigerians live in the moment. Chop i chop we say. As long as you give me 5k today, no Wahala, carry go. Do whatever you wan do. I repeat, i have never at anypoint thought Buhari could handle the current Nigeria, i mean with respect to facilitating the start up of industries e.t.c. But he was the most capable person to deal with corruption then ,something which has always been the problem. if he comes in an addresses that full on, and at least get the people to stop behaving like greedy animals, perhaps some other leader can do something else like changing our education system, encouraging the establishment of industries e,t,c. But he's failed in what was most expected of him. It may be impossible to find any leader that stands for everything needed to solve our problems, but we could get one that's most competent for one aspect at one time, then usher in another person most competent for something else at another time. What am i even saying self. Perhaps you don't even understand my point. The long and short of this is, it's nobody's fault that the most competent people are not vying for the highest government offices. So the rssult is you end up having to choose the better of two evils or the most competent specifically or generally, but that person could be an average leader if you look in more deeply. Perhaps some of the competent ones can come out and start participating. It will be ytough to displace those old greedy guards, but we'll keep pushing until they go back to where they belong-retirement homes. cheesy. Stop this Jonathan/Buhari argument. It's gone stale. I find it hard that a lot of Nigerians are stuck on this ussue. Sadly it reflects our mentality. Note i am only addressing the point oyu made about belonging to the wrong side.
Awol1:

My friend, no dey reason Sowore as president.

Just like Tinubu, Sowore will never be president of this country.

He chose the wrong side to fight and he will never be forgiven.

Go tell him that if u know him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

This Man Was Carried By Ambulance From Hospital To Go Vote In Jos (Picture) / #LagosAt50: Foot-Like Statue At Berger Erected By Lagos State Government / Biafra: Why Nnamdi Kanu Has Not Been Re-arrested – IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.