Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road (67310 Views)

Lagos Police Arrest Thugs & Law Enforcement Officers Extorting Motorists. / Soldiers Beat 12 LASTMA Officers For Arresting Army Chief Over One-Way / Soldiers Beat Driver To Death In Calabar; Passengers Didn’t Wear Face Masks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 16, 2020
GeneralPula:
Good one..

Majority of these brutal police are southerners..

Majority of the victims being extort are southerners..

Seems we need a special southern restructuring, apart from the National restructuring..

If we do not tackle the problem from within, there will never be a change!
To hell with ur tribalism
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Guyman02: 7:36am On Oct 16, 2020
The extortion has to end, the economy is in bad shape, people have lost jobs due to Covid19 and Police on salary is fleecing them of the little they have to survive on. Imagine those Okada going to the market to sell their wares from the farm which they put in so much energy to dig the soil been extorted by a lazy policeman because he was officially given a rifle

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by onyxo76(m): 7:37am On Oct 16, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
A lot of policemen will resign from their post
make them resign na. i have more trust in my neighbourhood vigilantes than the police.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Buffalo2(m): 7:37am On Oct 16, 2020
Police just dey make me laff at times. They are a bunch of cowards covering their cowardice with bullish face, if you can stand up yo them man-to-man, height-to-height, fist-to-fist they will run grin grin. Since the endsars protest began, common traffic (one-way) offenders, dem no fit catch for my area again grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by JimmyDarmody: 7:37am On Oct 16, 2020
Benesis:
So far the endsars has been great, but in light of the dissolution and plan to reform

I just wish we could change our placards to things like
#EndPoliceCheckpoint or #EndPaymentOfBaill these things are some of the main cause of the rot in the police.

In the north you can go through 3states and not encounter a single police checkpoint, but here, you will stand at one checkpoint and see 5 more within a stone throw.
These are some of the reforms that we could point directly at and demand that they be totally dismantled as well
ahhhh sir calm down. You just lied about the north. I travel alot within kaduna and jos and there are more than 10 check points within the two states. It's a 4 hour journey.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Burgerlomo: 7:37am On Oct 16, 2020
See as dem beat am like small pikin wey dem warn not to do something and im no gree listen #endpoliceextortion.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by caleboxylic: 7:39am On Oct 16, 2020
csn01:

police extortion, is it legal? if yes, why complain to the public, if No, why not complain to the lawmakers?

What is legal about police mounting along the roads to collect 100 naira per bus? I encourage these drivers and I will fuel not less than 50 busses. The time is now.
Owerri - Aba is not out too. Just ply that route and witness this rot.

The drivers should report to lawmakers! Do You Mean those useless ones in NASS? Unbelievable!!! . That's funny anyway.
I'm sure you are one of those officers mounting roads and extorting money form these helpless drivers. These protest will pick this soon and you won't be spared. Be prepared.
#End police brutality and extortion.
# Enough is Enough.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Royalfurnitures: 7:39am On Oct 16, 2020
Maybe the police guys don't give them their share

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Yiisrael(m): 7:39am On Oct 16, 2020
Yess
Change can only come ,when we start totally from the grass root !!!!
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Bbass1990(m): 7:40am On Oct 16, 2020
Am so happy to belong to this generation...... First time feeling Nigerian.

#stoppolicebrutality
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by GeneralPula: 7:41am On Oct 16, 2020
RAGGA40:
To hell with ur tribalism

Ode, nothing tribal about what I said..

I'm a southerner as well..
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by princebishop(m): 7:43am On Oct 16, 2020
see as the police humble by force

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by obicmag(m): 7:43am On Oct 16, 2020
*Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi To President Buhari:*

A Soldier salary is 49,000 forty nine thousand naira, some no accommodation they rent house outside the barrack no risk allowance instead they sleep inside bush fought to defend the Nation.

A classroom teacher with degree certificate receives 49,000 (fourty nine thousand) approximately accross the nation without good housing accommodation, acces to electricity, potable water, health care facilities and means of transportation yet you expect them to produce good engineers, bankers, lawyers, economists, architecture etc that will compete favourably with foreigners to fix the country.

Where is the change?
Change should start with the National assembly: = A Senator receives N36,000,000 (thirty-six million Naira) monthly. If this is divided into two = N18,000,000 million (Eighteen million Naira). The second half which is N18,000,000 (eighteen million Naira) can be used to employ 200 Nigerians, each earning a salary of N90,000 (ninety thousand Naira) monthly. When you multiply 200 people with the number of Senators (109), this will give 21,800 Nigerians gainful employment. In short, 200 Nigerians will be able to live a comfortable life on half a Senator’s monthly salary.
A member of the House of Representatives receives a salary of N25,000,000 (tenty-five million Naira) monthly. If this salary is divided in two = N12,500,000 (twelve million and five hundred thousand Naira). The other half, which is the sum of N12,500,000 (twelve million and five hundred thousand Naira) will be enough to employ 135 Nigerians with a monthly salary of N92.500 (ninety-two thousand and five hundred Naira) each. Nigeria has 360 Members of the House of Representatives, half of their salaries can employ 48,600 Nigerians who can live comfortable lives.

So, Buhari’s Administration can employ 70,400 Nigerians with monthly salaries ranging from N90,000 to N92.500 accordingly. This is just by dividing the salaries of Senators and Members of the House of Representatives. Half their present salaries is more than enough for them in a country where majority of Nigerians live on less than a dollar a day. (Now think of all the other over bloated salaries and allowances of Ministers and others)

You may try this idea Your Excellency, the President...

Nigerians, spread this message to Senators and Members of the House of Representatives and others ni

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2888375914560649&id=1003965463001713
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by bobolaga: 7:43am On Oct 16, 2020
Let speak the truth to our selves, to stop police corruption, just start from the senior police officers, all junior police officers arrears are divided into two one part for the oga on top, if police men was assigned for special duty like oil company or any other private sectors the oga on top will make sure that allowance is devised into three, all this need to stop.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Ournolly: 7:43am On Oct 16, 2020
GeneralPula:
Good one..

Majority of these brutal police are southerners..

Majority of the victims being extort are southerners..

Seems we need a special southern restructuring, apart from the National restructuring..

If we do not tackle the problem from within, there will never be a change!
You are certainly right on your above inputs.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by dododawa1: 7:44am On Oct 16, 2020
G
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Seebrian(m): 7:47am On Oct 16, 2020
Interesting days ahead. I have heard clearly that Nigeria will be great again. Now it has started manifestation. Glory to God.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Lastmankc(m): 7:50am On Oct 16, 2020
Las,las if your girl friend still dey search your phone nah SARS.Endsars
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by EMMY76: 7:50am On Oct 16, 2020
I do pity these police men sometimes how can they take care of their families with just #50k monthly salaries? In the US police men earn over #2m monthly.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by RIVERS1stson: 7:52am On Oct 16, 2020
Abia state is a jungle where police treat Abia people like war criminals
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by engrelvis(m): 7:52am On Oct 16, 2020
Nigeria will b great again!!Am really impressed
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:55am On Oct 16, 2020
it is a bad time for anyone serving ban on nairaland this beautiful moments.

we move. ✌

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by desiredhome: 7:56am On Oct 16, 2020
Benesis:
So far the endsars has been great, but in light of the dissolution and plan to reform

I just wish we could change our placards to things like
#EndPoliceCheckpoint or #EndPaymentOfBaill these things are some of the main cause of the rot in the police.

In the north you can go through 3states and not encounter a single police checkpoint, but here, you will stand at one checkpoint and see 5 more within a stone throw.
These are some of the reforms that we could point directly at and demand that they be totally dismantled as well
This is the reason some police men pay their ways to come to the south/east .....it's like here is the center of corruption.....even agbero self they obtain/intimidate drivers.... what a Shame
#endcorruptioninNigeria
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by PaulH07: 7:57am On Oct 16, 2020
ZeroAccess:
Aft watching the video indeed police no get shame. Wetin dem dey use #20 wey Dem dey collect do. Chai

No be to buy paraga, and fvck #500 olosho
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Rawhumper(m): 8:00am On Oct 16, 2020
[

I know the protest is heading to a revolution, the Govs are trying to identify with the protesters incase it happens, they will be safe.

These Politicians should know they are the cause of the problems of Nigerians, when the time is right, they all will be uprooted, we need fresh blood and hands in our leadership not old money and power thirsty shrimps.

As for the Military, where there is abject poverty and corruption, most of the soldiers join the revolution check Russian Revolution for instance against Nicholas 2, how the army refused to shoot at the protesters when they marched to the capitol.

No Politician believed, that Nigeria can ever witness nation wide unrest as its happening now as these "lazy" youths as they said, are not really lazy.

Viva la Revolutionaire!!!

quote author=javaRookie post=94987880]Lol

Serves them right. This should serve as a deterrent to others. Nigerian youths are now open eyed due to the recent happenings going in in the country and the soldiers have our backs!!

If you are into KDP, kindly check my signature.
[/quote]
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by leisuretym: 8:01am On Oct 16, 2020
na hausa soldiers, our southern brothers in the army won't do that !
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by harbayyoungesth(m): 8:01am On Oct 16, 2020
Wahala for who be police
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by desiredhome: 8:03am On Oct 16, 2020
EMMY76:
I do pity these police men sometimes how can they take care of their families with just #50k monthly salaries? In the US police men earn over #2m monthly.
That does not give them the right to extort money from innocent citizens.... every body dey hussle....., The reason they can even kill someone because of #20
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Abuventure: 8:04am On Oct 16, 2020
Good it's a welcome development
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Ilikebobby: 8:09am On Oct 16, 2020
angryI really support this mehn,yes beat them! Even when the pay is low,they should be even discipline,I speaking,I school at the Nigeria police academy,this things shouldn't be happening.
God bless the youth in the reform police protests.
Things ain't easy in the force.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Maid Locked Up, Fed With Cockroaches & Faeces By Her Madam In Anambra (Graphic) / Ritualists Murder Girl On Her Way To Church In Delta, Remove Vital Organs / A Jeep Drops A Bleeding Lady In Ikeja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.