Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,432 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo (65575 Views)

Police Stray Bullet Kills Man Sending Money Via POS To Wife / John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi / EndSARS: Lady Hit By Police Stray Bullet In 2008 Protests In Wheelchair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by ebukajay184: 4:43am On Oct 16, 2020
"I'm Not Keeping Quiet Anymore" - Woman Crippled By Police Officers' Stray Bullet Narrates Ordeal (Photos)

Toyin Abraham has shared the touching story of her family friend who she claims became crippled when hit by a stray bullet from a police officer's gun.

IgbereTV reports that Toyin Abraham shared a photo of Nike Adekanle sitting in a wheelchair.

Toyin Abraham wrote on her Instagram page:

"This is my family friend Adenike @nikeadekanle .. She wasn't born like this, It was a stray bullet from the Nigeria police on the 23rd of July 1996 around 3pm in apata ibadan and she was in the hospital for over a year. Not even a call or check up or Bill payment by the police.
{ P.s- I had to get her permission to do this } #endpolicebrutality."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGXxUz3M1gG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Adenike confirmed the story, writing:

"I'm not keeping quiet anymore.... saying this bring back a lot of horrible things that I want to forget but if this helps our fight against police brutality then WE MOVE!!!!!! #EndSars #ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY."

https://igberetvnews.com/1368549/im-keeping-quiet-anymore-woman-crippled-police-officers-stray-bullet-narrates-ordeal-photos/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by jeffizy(m): 4:47am On Oct 16, 2020
Such a cute lady. Limited to pity and dependence on people for the basic stuff she was doing before.

Nigerian police is just a unit in hell with their office in Nigeria.

Enough is enough.

334 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Auxtin85(m): 4:52am On Oct 16, 2020
The end to bad governance is near, soon it will be here.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by TecM0: 6:21am On Oct 16, 2020
shocked

Now this is serious.... We need full police reform

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by tillaman(m): 6:26am On Oct 16, 2020
No one deserves this!!!
End those fvcking swines, they have tried to take my life a couple of times if not for God I go don become history!!
#Retribution

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by cassidy1996(m): 6:29am On Oct 16, 2020
fine girl sorry

# End bad government #

# End injustice #

where's NwaAmaikpe? nairaland please release him

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:16am On Oct 16, 2020
If police doesn't exist may would have be among the living......but...........

#Endsars is an eye opener that we are stronger than an man in aso rock......

The voice of the people is not with a megaphone....

5 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by molbic(m): 7:26am On Oct 16, 2020
Nwamaikpe got missing in April 2020 he was last seen on Nairaland on 23 rd April information reaching us confirmed that he was kidnapped but because of his bad-mouth Nairaland and his family refused to pay his ransom

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by marshalcarter: 7:42am On Oct 16, 2020
This government is the worst in history

4 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by protests: 7:44am On Oct 16, 2020
A lot of people do not realize yet the power #EndSARS currently wields.
Pa Buhari and the Lagos State Govt think this is something that is a play
Nobody, even myself included understand the force this movement has come to become
What happens today, nobody knows
If I will honestly advice anyone in government, I will tell them to wake up
Work with #EndSARS youth, they are more patriotic than the govt of the likes of Keyamo, Itse Sagay etc
People who used to do rights before they got appointments
Work with #EndSARS youth Baba Buhari
Offer them more than they can ever ask for and see whether #EndSARS won't sing your praise
But I am sure you will NOT do that, so #EndSARS! We move.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by slyfox35(m): 7:48am On Oct 16, 2020
Nigeria will become great,you can bet on this,like Mr P said,they messed with the wrong generation,Thank God for internet, Everything was done in the dark before,we suffer in silence because our voice was irrelevant to the government and the powers that be,but now we have a platform to speak and be heard,the youth we are..!
Leaders of today and leaders of tomorrow!
Like if you are a youth,share if you are an elder who means good for the youth
#RevolutionArise

53 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Vyzz: 8:56am On Oct 16, 2020
A United South is all we need to be great...

#END_SARS_NOW

13 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by omoadeleye(m): 10:47am On Oct 16, 2020
alaye soro soke

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by sylve11: 10:48am On Oct 16, 2020
Many people have died from such occurrences in this country. Na the country we found ourselves be this. sad cool

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Favourchris(f): 10:48am On Oct 16, 2020
Where are those idiot asking for protest to be end.....ewus gambia

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by money121(m): 10:48am On Oct 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by tolumizzy(m): 10:48am On Oct 16, 2020
End them before they end you..... Soro soke
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Royalfurnitures: 10:49am On Oct 16, 2020
Let everyone with bitter experiences with the police come out now, the revolution is on course

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Nazgul: 10:49am On Oct 16, 2020
Nigeria policemen are nothing but monsters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Dannyilo(m): 10:49am On Oct 16, 2020
I have seen several post on social media asking why the North is not involved in this #endsars campaign. Let's get this straight, I see no reason for them to protest. That's the truth. I was born and brought up in the north, the police in the north don't behave the way those from the other parts of the country behaves. Yes, I say so. How many times have you heard a police man or SARS shot a civilian in the North because of bribe he/she refuses to pay? I don't think I am aware of any.
The average northerner is not a coward, take it or leave it; If you try such in the north, be rest assured that you are not going to leave to tell the story. Policemen are more coordinated in the north. You will hardly see police checkpoints that are solely meant to collect 50 to 500 naira to allow passage of motorists on the highways in the North. To think of it, I think most times we are our own enemies. About 80 to 90% of policemen are usually indigenes of their local environments, so therefore; if there are records of brutalities and exploits, it is same people.
Have you ever travelled from down north to the east before? Kindly observe the trends of policemen on checkpoints as you approach the next state. Benue, Enugu, Anambra.... As you go deeper, the greed becomes obvious. Same goes to the West and worse of all, the South South (I even heard some of them use POS). My suggestion is that let all SARS officers be redeployed to the core north for reorientation.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by MosayA: 10:49am On Oct 16, 2020
Hmm
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Xzellentgraphic: 10:50am On Oct 16, 2020
Its sad...Do need logo flyer or banner..contact me now for nice designs...get my contact from signature now
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 16, 2020
Speak up everyone.
Every day had always been for the police. This time it's for the oppressed.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by funmilade4real(m): 10:50am On Oct 16, 2020
Hmm
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by LastProphet: 10:51am On Oct 16, 2020
marshalcarter:
This government is the worst in history

I'm sure it was Buhari that was president in 1996 when she was shot, so many unfortunate brains walking around. For many morooons protesting Buhari created SARS, see why mumuism will ultimately crash this laudable protest. Was SARS good under Jonathan? The 'Apo six' killings by police was it under Buhari?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Karleb(m): 10:51am On Oct 16, 2020
Never keep quiet!

Speak up! It's your right!

#EndSARS

#EndPoliceBrutalityinNigeria

2 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 16, 2020
shocked
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by TinubuGoQuench(f): 10:51am On Oct 16, 2020
Hahab
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Omoslim26: 10:51am On Oct 16, 2020
ok

they fucking messed with the wrong generation if we don't get it right now by using our voice

the next generation will use Guns and grenades

#endpolicebrutality

#restructurenow

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

They Scout For Obituaries Of Rich People To Steal Money In Their Bank Accounts / Man Rapes 18-Year-old Deaf And Dumb Virgin In Ogun (Photo) / Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.