Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo (65576 Views)

Police Stray Bullet Kills Man Sending Money Via POS To Wife / John Onu: Police Stray Bullet Kills Pastor During Morning Devotion In Ebonyi / EndSARS: Lady Hit By Police Stray Bullet In 2008 Protests In Wheelchair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Okuda(m): 11:17am On Oct 16, 2020
King44:
This piece of information would help

They are trying to stop us with resumption, let's design a time table that reflects reality on top their matter

We move

he said army, does police have this same orientation?
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by mrfarmer600(m): 11:18am On Oct 16, 2020
#EndsSARS
#EndSWAT
#EndPoliceBrutalityinNigeria
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Neddstark: 11:19am On Oct 16, 2020
Dannyilo:
I have seen several post on social media asking why the North is not involved in this #endsars campaign. Let's get this straight, I see no reason for them to protest. That's the truth. I was born and brought up in the north, the police in the north don't behave the way those from the other parts of the country behaves. Yes, I say so. How many times have you heard a police man or SARS shot a civilian in the North because of bribe he/she refuses to pay? I don't think I am aware of any.
The average northerner is not a coward, take it or leave it; If you try such in the north, be rest assured that you are not going to leave to tell the story. Policemen are more coordinated in the north. You will hardly see police checkpoints that are solely meant to collect 50 to 500 naira to allow passage of motorists on the highways in the North. To think of it, I think most times we are our own enemies. About 80 to 90% of policemen are usually indigenes of their local environments, so therefore; if there are records of brutalities and exploits, it is same people.
Have you ever travelled from down north to the east before? Kindly observe the trends of policemen on checkpoints as you approach the next state. Benue, Enugu, Anambra.... As you go deeper, the greed becomes obvious. Same goes to the West and worse of all, the South South (I even heard some of them use POS). My suggestion is that let all SARS officers be redeployed to the core north for reorientation.

One of the most intelligent reads I have had here in a long while. The same southern policeman is same with the customs, FRSC, NSCDC, etc.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Solatium(m): 11:22am On Oct 16, 2020
ebukajay184:
"I'm Not Keeping Quiet Anymore" - Woman Crippled By Police Officers' Stray Bullet Narrates Ordeal (Photos)

Toyin Abraham has shared the touching story of her family friend who she claims became crippled when hit by a stray bullet from a police officer's gun.

IgbereTV reports that Toyin Abraham shared a photo of Nike Adekanle sitting in a wheelchair.

Toyin Abraham wrote on her Instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGXxUz3M1gG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Adenike confirmed the story, writing:

https://igberetvnews.com/1368549/im-keeping-quiet-anymore-woman-crippled-police-officers-stray-bullet-narrates-ordeal-photos/

This was when the combat was real,though and fierce.
This was during Abacha era when there was no. internet to beem happenings to the world.
This was when we face Soldiers on the street, ẹni ori yọ ọ dile.
Some are not lucky to here today,May God rest their souls.
I thank God,I survived that protest,I thank God I am alive
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 16, 2020
cry Touching, such a graceful being
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by CodeTemplar: 11:41am On Oct 16, 2020
molbic:
Nwamaikpe got missing in April 2020 he was last seen on Nairaland on 23 rd April information reaching us confirmed that he was kidnapped but because of his bad-mouth Nairaland and his family refused to pay his ransom
Maybe he was a victim of SARS. Never say never with SARS.
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 16, 2020
jeffizy:
Such a cute lady. Limited to pity and dependence on people for the basic stuff she was doing before.

Nigerian police is just a unit in hell with their office in Nigeria.

Enough is enough.
lol, they are hell officers

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Antoeni(m): 11:48am On Oct 16, 2020
Soro Soke Werey
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by cocolacec(m): 11:50am On Oct 16, 2020
tillaman:
No one deserves this!!!
End those fvcking swines, they have tried to take my life a couple of times if not for God I go don become history!!
#Retribution

Firing squad for armed robbers SARS/SWAT
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by rwasiu(m): 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2020
[quote author=Okuda post=94995648]

My brother, I totally agree with you but lets not forget that the system, that Fulani/Islamization agenda that the north wishes to exert on the whole of Nigeria is one of the reasons why we have such down here. 1. When all these were starting, the government said or did nothing to stop it here. 2. Just like in America where you have systematic racism where you cannot explain why something happens but it does happen for the fact that there is an underlying root problem. This is what we are suffering here. The government is in full support of any form of oppression of the people of the south. to subdue them, to gradually initimidate and kill them so as to reduce their numbers, put them in chains while using other means to push their islamic agenda. This is the underlying problem and its has not been so bad unlike the last five years when we have a jihadist as the number 1 man in the whole country! This should explain to you better why they would quickly send soldiers and police to shoot at sight at IPOB protesters and label them terrorists when we know that the real terrorists in Nigeria are up north. Does that make any sense to you? Even the United states labelled Bok Haram, the 2 most deadliest terrorist group in the whole world but the Nigerian govt refuses to see them as such. Shebi northern govrnors have held meeting and are saying that they do not see the need for SARS to be disbanded. Does that also make sense to you? No! its part of the bigger agenda. does it mean that they do not see that people are being killed for nothing? but they do not care as long as it fulfils the greater goal "chain them, reduce their numbers, deny them those things that would make them great because when they have those opportunities they are intimidating.
Your type is the reason we are having difficulties reaching a common ground to fight our common enemies in the country. Do you think this kind of unsubstantiated submission you have concoted will bring all of us together to see our real enemy as enemy? Do away with innuendos and feed the public with fact please.
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Muftimenk: 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2020
It's clear that almost all the years you claimed to spend in the north.
You never move arround or lt as been long you come to north that's y u dnt knw that things has change compare to what you type.

Soldier will park your vehicle for good 24hrs and they is nothing you cn do.
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2020
LastProphet:

I'm sure it was Buhari that was president in 1996 when she was shot, so many unfortunate brains walking around. For many morooons protesting Buhari created SARS, see why mumuism will ultimately crash this laudable protest. Was SARS good under Jonathan? The 'Apo six' killings by police was it under Buhari?
He merely said the present government is the worst in history, he didn't say it is only the bad government in history.
...but then your penchant for ethnocentrism, partisanship,religion,tribe,clannishness will not let you reason well.
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Landnaira5: 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2020
[quote author=simplepee post=94995186]This story doesn't add up. Anything to be on the spotlight undecided :-
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Landnaira5: 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2020
[quote author=tollyboy5 post=94995432]
She

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Landnaira5: 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2020
I
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by babadee1(m): 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2020
marshalcarter:
This government is the worst in history

Who told you it happened under this government? This nonsense has been happening since after the civil war.
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Muftimenk: 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2020
[quote author=rwasiu post=94997406][/quote] God bless you my brother i'm presently in the north have been in the north 4 more than 5years not in one place but go to almost every state in the north except sokoto,kebbi what he type up there is ignorance the question is where did he stay's in the north,maybe where he stay doesn't have much checkpoint that's y his saying such,let him come 2 taraba,adamawa,borno and see how forces are cashing out big from checkpoint some place each trailer that pass must pay 10-20k imaging not to talk of okada,kekenapep,motor etc...

He also forget most of all this high rank are occupy by northerner airforce,army,police,frsc,viggilantee,peace corps e.t.c
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Philadelphia: 12:35pm On Oct 16, 2020
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Muftimenk: 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2020
[quote author=Dannyilo post=94994895]I have seen several post on social media asking why the North is not involved in this #endsars campaign. Let's get this straight, I see no reason for them to protest. That's the truth. I was born and brought up in the north, the police in the north don't behave the way those from the other parts of the country behaves. Yes, I say so. How many times have you heard a police man or SARS shot a civilian in the North because of bribe he/she refuses to pay? I don't think I am aware of any.
The average northerner is not a coward, take it or leave it; If you try such in the north, be rest assured that you are not going to leave to tell the story. Policemen are more coordinated in the north. You will hardly see police checkpoints that are solely meant to collect 50 to 500 naira to allow passage of motorists on the highways in the North. To think of it, I think most times we are our own enemies. Stop spreading your ignorance pls

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Okuda(m): 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2020
[quote author=rwasiu post=94997406][/quote]

In nigeria facts are turned to science fiction, saying facts means that there has been confirmed documentation of what i mentioned happening. But the thing is, if you cannot see it with you eyes, i cannot totally help you but I would try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8
2. Deductive reasoning. I am sure you should have that and not the english you are speaking up and down.
Also, when you say common Enemy, who are we talking about?
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by goodheart02(m): 1:03pm On Oct 16, 2020
Favourchris:
Where are those idiot asking for protest to be end.....ewus gambia

They're still licking their political masters' anuses

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by rotadeco27: 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2020
Was gbayi.! Thumbs up for u!!!
Dannyilo:
I have seen several post on social media asking why the North is not involved in this #endsars campaign. Let's get this straight, I see no reason for them to protest. That's the truth. I was born and brought up in the north, the police in the north don't behave the way those from the other parts of the country behaves. Yes, I say so. How many times have you heard a police man or SARS shot a civilian in the North because of bribe he/she refuses to pay? I don't think I am aware of any.
The average northerner is not a coward, take it or leave it; If you try such in the north, be rest assured that you are not going to leave to tell the story. Policemen are more coordinated in the north. You will hardly see police checkpoints that are solely meant to collect 50 to 500 naira to allow passage of motorists on the highways in the North. To think of it, I think most times we are our own enemies. About 80 to 90% of policemen are usually indigenes of their local environments, so therefore; if there are records of brutalities and exploits, it is same people.
Have you ever travelled from down north to the east before? Kindly observe the trends of policemen on checkpoints as you approach the next state. Benue, Enugu, Anambra.... As you go deeper, the greed becomes obvious. Same goes to the West and worse of all, the South South (I even heard some of them use POS). My suggestion is that let all SARS officers be redeployed to the core north for reorientation.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by nextstep(m): 1:23pm On Oct 16, 2020
And someone will come and ask if it's OK for #EndSars protesters to block road. angry
5 hours delayed on road vs a lifetime of being a crippled by police... you choose.

Any minor (and temporary) inconvenience by all Nigerians to secure a better future is welcome abeg.
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by shigoawesu(m): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2020
Dannyilo:

You have said it all
I served in the north

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by shigoawesu(m): 1:46pm On Oct 16, 2020
LastProphet:

I'm sure it was Buhari that was president in 1996 when she was shot, so many unfortunate brains walking around. For many morooons protesting Buhari created SARS, see why mumuism will ultimately crash this laudable protest. Was SARS good under Jonathan? The 'Apo six' killings by police was it under Buhari?

Some people can't reason straight anymore
They must hate on Buhari even when it's obvious
Se na today Nigeria Police because worse
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by LastProphet: 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2020
shigoawesu:

Some people can't reason straight anymore
They must hate on Buhari even when it's obvious
Se na today Nigeria Police because worse

You won't believe that some teenage clowns are still quoting to oppose the open truth I just put to them. You can see where the country is headed when clue mess is running rampart? Pls help me answer them
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by Youngsage: 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
TecM0:
shocked

Now this is serious.... We need full police reform

So it wasn't serious before this news?
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by britiko: 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2020
simplepee:
This story doesn't add up. Anything to be on the spotlight undecided undecided

1996 is 24 years ago, is that lady up to 25?

The story is true. She was in sociology, unilag. Nike isn't a young girl. She completed her degree in 2004 or thereabout.She's over 40 with a good youthful look.
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by chatinent: 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2020
Coming home today and just seeing those uniformed robbers on roadside was just getting me angry.
Re: Woman Crippled By Police' Stray Bullet - Toyin Abraham Shares Photo by ford101: 3:10pm On Oct 16, 2020

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

They Scout For Obituaries Of Rich People To Steal Money In Their Bank Accounts / Man Rapes 18-Year-old Deaf And Dumb Virgin In Ogun (Photo) / Victims Of Sasa Killings Buried In Mass Grave As Death Toll Rises To 23 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.