Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,691 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. (11907 Views)

What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags / The Red Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by WrittyWritter(f): 8:42am On Oct 18, 2020
Blackmoran:
help?!!!!!!!! are you kidding me? go and make your research about bipolar personal disorder.. and come and tell me to help her!!

majority of guys are dating such kind of girls and thinking they are in love.. until the lady stab him or kill herself then they will now blame it on the guy and call it domestic violence, not knowing the real cause...

I did not mean u should continue dating her ooo..I meant mental help or something den u hand her over to a friend or a relation
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by WrittyWritter(f): 8:46am On Oct 18, 2020
Agbebakun22:

I understand where you are going but I know what I want in life, how will a guy love a girl with his whole heart, no fighting have been dating for a year now, everytime in the relationship I do asked her I hope i'm not doing what you don't like, she will reply no I'm not, normally we are kind of few miles away relationship but we do see once a month or so for the past year, communication is very effective, this is a girl I promise I will do everything possible in nearest future to wife her but recently I found out some negative attitude from her so I decided to ask her bestie I find out she already dating another guy in their hood when I called and I asked her about it she said the true, she say she still love me and don't wanna broke up with me and I so much love this girl... That's the reason why I brought that comment up, pls can u give me tips on what to used and besides we're are still in our youthful age but by few years I should be ready for marriage.. Thanks

Like u said u are still in ur youthful age babe still dey explore...I advise u to leave d relationship try to move on though it will be hard but try to meet other people...U can find someone who will be loyal to u..or who knows u and her still fit meet again
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Blackmoran(m): 9:15am On Oct 18, 2020
WrittyWritter:

I did not mean u should continue dating her ooo..I meant mental help or something den u hand her over to a friend or a relation
that is not my problem the best she can do was to go for therapy... and according to what I heard its a life term battle...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by angelfallz(m): 11:13am On Oct 18, 2020
Agbebakun22:

I understand where you are going but I know what I want in life, how will a guy love a girl with his whole heart, no fighting have been dating for a year now, everytime in the relationship I do asked her I hope i'm not doing what you don't like, she will reply no I'm not, normally we are kind of few miles away relationship but we do see once a month or so for the past year, communication is very effective, this is a girl I promise I will do everything possible in nearest future to wife her but recently I found out some negative attitude from her so I decided to ask her bestie I find out she already dating another guy in their hood when I called and I asked her about it she said the true, she say she still love me and don't wanna broke up with me and I so much love this girl... That's the reason why I brought that comment up, pls can u give me tips on what to used and besides we're are still in our youthful age but by few years I should be ready for marriage.. Thanks

asking her whether you're doing anything she does not like, makes you look desperate, weak, needy and scared of losing her. believe me when i tell you that, women hate and run away from such men.

google and download this book for free, "The Rational Male; Positive Masculinity" by Rollo Tomassi
i promise you, you would learn a lot about women from that book.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Agbebakun22: 11:32am On Oct 18, 2020
angelfallz:

asking her whether you're doing anything she does not like, makes you look desperate, weak, needy and scared of losing her. believe me when i tell you that, women hate and run away from men such men.

google and download this book for free, "The Rational Male; Positive Masculinity" by Rollo Tomassi
i promise you, you would learn a lot about women from that book.

Okay I will download it right away thanks
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Agbebakun22: 11:37am On Oct 18, 2020
WrittyWritter:

Like u said u are still in ur youthful age babe still dey explore...I advise u to leave d relationship try to move on though it will be hard but try to meet other people...U can find someone who will be loyal to u..or who knows u and her still fit meet again

Thank you I'm impressed with your comment I can actually move on but at the beginning of the relationship someone I didn't even know dm me online saying the girl she's my future wife and God sent to me and I should do everything possible to make things work out and besides someone also told her same thing too and the person even describe me to her that's just the reason i'm still kind of holding to her if not I will move on cuz I have someone to joke with my feelings
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by angelfallz(m): 11:40am On Oct 18, 2020
Agbebakun22:

you can also read this piece, "What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage" by TonyeBarcanista
https://www.nairaland.com/5693224/what-men-must-ensure-successful

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Harkinloyhe19(m): 11:59am On Oct 18, 2020
Kehinde2017:
My girlfriend broke up with me indirectly and I was wondering how could I have not seen the red flags coming. I had sincere and deep feelings for her. I didn't even intend to sleep with her despite the huge pressure from her. Just wanted the best for her.
1. I noticed from the beginning, it just couldn't work, she couldn't make a positive contribution whenever we are talking, she expects me to do all of the talking while she just answers yes or no. Totally boring
2. She gets tense whenever she gets corrected and talks out of proportion. I expect you to talk to me in a constructive way even when there are arguments.
3. Hangs up the phone when the conversation becomes tense
The love I had for her made me think with time, she would change, improve and see the good in what I'm telling her but at last she just wasn't up to my level. I later figured out a week later, she got another boyfriend, a yahoo guy to be precise.
Girls just simply want those that'll flaunt them and buy material things for them. They don't want those that'll improve them and want a better future for them at all. It is well. We move...
How come we share the same view to red flag.. To buttress that, she mount pressure whenever she needs something. I don't wanna touch her but still body calls for it, then we go deep in romance instead. Immediately after ordinary romance she will surely drink lime juice or request for paracetamol. I begin wonder why not until she called one day, and said to me that she don't like coming home cus a single kiss might get her pregnant, attacthing the delay in her cycle to just kiss .. That day I foh ��.. I was totally in shock.. Since she didnt assist my life and career in anyway, I made her optional ��

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2020
Greenkalada
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by WrittyWritter(f): 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2020
Agbebakun22:

Thank you I'm impressed with your comment I can actually move on but at the beginning of the relationship someone I didn't even know dm me online saying the girl she's my future wife and God sent to me and I should do everything possible to make things work out and besides someone also told her same thing too and the person even describe me to her that's just the reason i'm still kind of holding to her if not I will move on cuz I have someone to joke with my feelings

It can possible she is ur future wife..but not wat u need right now..we have lot of couples who break up but later get back together..tell her u need a break and see if she is truly sorry..find out y she cheated don't let her do dat I'm sorry shit..it may be painful to hear d reason but it is 4 d better if u two really love each other lyk u said

Not all prophecies are to be carried out immediately some takes years be4 it happens

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Agbebakun22: 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2020
WrittyWritter:

It can possible she is ur future wife..but not wat u need right now..we have lot of couples who break up but later get back together..tell her u need a break and see if she is truly sorry..find out y she cheated don't let her do dat I'm sorry shit..it may be painful to hear d reason but it is 4 d better if u two really love each other lyk u said

Not all prophecies are to be carried out immediately some takes years be4 it happens

Okay thanks I asked her the reason when I find out she said that is because of the distance and besides we are not seeing each others everyday and there's one guy in their hood that has been disturbing her so she don't have option than to date him.. I can see their love is infatuation just a girl in her prime time

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Agbebakun22: 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2020
WrittyWritter:

What even baffled me most is that whenever I said to her I hope u wouldn't Bleep up she swear that she can never Bleep up, I should gone away long time ago but she love me whenever I said what if I break up she will start crying like oh my gosh but now I'm so much in love with her
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by WrittyWritter(f): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2020
Agbebakun22:

Okay thanks I asked her the reason when I find out she said that is because of the distance and besides we are not seeing each others everyday and there's one guy in their hood that has been disturbing her so she don't have option than to date him.. I can see their love is infatuation just a girl in her prime time

Wat I said she us exploring..wish u luck in wat ever u decide to do..just remember don't do it because of her but because of u..
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2020
Wow, nice thread.
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by WrittyWritter(f): 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2020
Agbebakun22:

What even baffled me most is that whenever I said to her I hope u wouldn't Bleep up she swear that she can never Bleep up, I should gone away long time ago but she love me whenever I said what if I break up she will start crying like oh my gosh but now I'm so much in love with her

U can stay and see if she is sincere..but which distance is she talking about don't u stay in d same city..must u be seeing everyday ni..lyk I said I wish u luck but if she does it again with d same distance excuse..she is not worth
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Agbebakun22: 2:04pm On Oct 18, 2020
WrittyWritter:

U can stay and see if she is sincere..but which distance is she talking about don't u stay in d same city..must u be seeing everyday ni..lyk I said I wish u luck but if she does it again with d same distance excuse..she is not worth

We both stay in Lagos and her place not too far but whenever I'm back from school we do see each others but that's on monthly basis because I'm a workaholic
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Liposure: 2:04pm On Oct 18, 2020
She's too jealous and clingy. That's how I lost all my female friends becos of her

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Agbebakun22: 2:08pm On Oct 18, 2020
[quote author=WrittyWritter post=95061902]

U can stay and see if she is sincere..but which distance is she talking about don't u stay in d same city..must u be seeing everyday ni..lyk I said I wish u luck but if she does it again with d same distance excuse..she is not

Then she always pressure me that she want to come every weekend and that wouldn't be possible cus I was always busy that's why I always fix her coming to my place in my own convenient time.. But could that be the reason cus when we talk on phone yesterday she mention about that I don't like allowing her to come over to my place everytime
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Agbebakun22: 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2020
WrittyWritter:

Sure thank you for ur advice's
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Curvinus(m): 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2020
djon78:

Exactly
Did our forefathers fear women?
When they married them plenty

Like you said
Many men don't have a respect for themselves
So they take shi.t from women

When a woman knows that you are a no nonsense man that has great regards for himself
They themselves will tow in line

In addition
Many men are very needy
In relationships
So they become suckers

Fear women in this context is figurative. It simply means you should fear what a woman could do to you and be circumspect.
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2020
Keep it up OP
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Temmylee01(m): 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2020
LightOnScams:
Keep it up OP
shoooooooooots who be you self, what are they keeping up?? you ain't gat nuttin to say then shut the hell up man.
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Spiff20(m): 4:20pm On Oct 18, 2020
annayawchee:
1. She rarely call

2. Arrogant

3. Las Las she posted a guy's pic and wrote this love thing on it and confronted her and she got angry and ignored my texts. ..

It's been two weeks without her in my life.
This one is strong.
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by annayawchee: 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2020
Spiff20:
This one is strong.
lol.... Na so oo
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by LolaO(f): 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2020
Omotakins:
marry you to defray debt?! I'm still trying to figure out what that means. Can you say more on that?

It’s a long story, I’d rather not go into details

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by FreestyleG: 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2020
luscioustrish:
Red flags
Naked pictures of girls
Messages on FB, Snapchat, Insta message on hookups.
Denied having anything to with me because of knacks.
I stylishly called off the wedding preparations when some of the girls including exes started calling and sending me messages.
Movement.
grin And now you're a bona-fide evening newsletter. Congrats
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by luscioustrish(f): 7:33pm On Oct 18, 2020
FreestyleG:
grin And now you're a bona-fide evening newsletter. Congrats

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by DaddyRochie1642: 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2020
Agbebakun22:

Also download,

The Predatory Female,
The Manipulated Man.... Download those books for your own good
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Dasdfgnb(m): 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2020
Am also glad for you
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Agbebakun22: 8:39am On Oct 19, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

Also download,

The Predatory Female,
The Manipulated Man.... Download those books for your own good

Okay thank you bro
Re: What Are The Red Flags You Regret You Ignored In Your Relationship. by Angelacruz: 10:05am On Oct 19, 2020
Thank God for ur life sis
LolaO:
They were plenty. I was so foolish, up till 3 months to my wedding, when I finally saw it.

1. Too ‘busy’ to show up at important events in my life - graduation, family dinners etc.
2. Delay in committing
3. No communication with me when he is upset or sad. Sometimes as long as 6 months-1 year
4. No visits all through the year until December (long-distance relationship, I’m in Lagos, he works in the East)

He came back suddenly after one of his long breaks and proposed and I was foolish to accept.
We had the introduction immediately early in the year but wedding was fixed for November. He wanted the wedding asap as well but my dad refused.

His lies finally came to light 2 months to the wedding, sometimes in October and it all made sense why those red flags were there.
He has someone else in Asaba and wanted to marry me to settle debts smiley

I called off the wedding and I’m glad I did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naijaboiy and MissWanted's love thread / If A Girl Says She Is Bored What Does She Really Mean? / How Can You Deal With A Very Emotional Boyfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.