Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:44 PM

#endsars: We Are Faced With More Pressing Issues Than SARS! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #endsars: We Are Faced With More Pressing Issues Than SARS! (209 Views)

Which Zone Will You Prefer To Vote For If You Are Faced With This Situation / Lai Mohammed On EndSARS: We Have Met Demands, We Can't Go Beyond What We've Done / What Are The Key Plans Of Presidential Aspirants For These Pressing Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#endsars: We Are Faced With More Pressing Issues Than SARS! by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2020
I whole heartedly support the #EndSARS and #EndSWAT protest but the truth is; we are faced with more pressing issues than SARS and I feel that, that should be the Crux of the protest.

A. UNEMPLOYMENT
More than 80% of Nigerian graduates are jobless! More than 80% of entrepreneurs and businesses owned by young graduates are struggling to survive, some have closed down!
In America, unemployed graduates earn a stipend from the government for upkeep, and it continues till they get a job.
What exactly is the government doing for unemployed graduates and non-graduates?
Npower is just a waste of time, years, and resources. It never achieved any aim. Forget the fake news Sadiya farouq feeds us with. 90% of Batch A and B were never empowered. They are back to the streets, jobless. The 774,000 jobs was hijacked by lawmakers. Many slots were shared to them. Now, you might want to say they would share the jobs to people in their constituency. No! Big No! They collect the monies instead. About 40% of the jobs or less is shared amongst the people without connection.

Imagine MC Oluomo supervising that of Lagos! What becomes of the recruitment?

What exactly is the government putting in place for entrepreneurs and young business owners, to make them grow and want to continue? Nirsal and BOI only favoured few.
How can the government make it easy for majority of unemployed graduates to access loans for business?

B. POWER
What exactly is stopping us from having constant power supply with reasonable charges? We supply Ghana and some other African countries and they constantly have power but we cannot have a constant power for just a week.
PHCN brings outrageous and estimated bills. We usually pay for power not consumed. Infact recently they brought very ridiculous bills.
Are we ever going to fix power in Nigeria?
Why is it so difficult to share prepaid meters to every part of Nigeria?

These two above mentioned problems are the canker worms destroying our country.
80% of the protesters are unemployed. Imagine if they have jobs!?

Please do not misconstrue my point. I am fully in support of the protest but then all I'm saying is that we should demand for solutions to more pressing problems we are faced with, even as we demand for the end of police brutality.

My humble opinion.

#EndSARS
#EndSWAT
#ReformThePolice
#IncreasePoliceSalary
#FIXPOWER
#TAKECAREOFTHEUNEMPLOYED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #endsars: We Are Faced With More Pressing Issues Than SARS! by Wizzzzmike: 9:30am On Oct 17, 2020
OcVoice:
I whole heartedly support the #EndSARS and #EndSWAT protest but the truth is; we are faced with more pressing issues than SARS and I feel that, that should be the Crux of the protest.

A. UNEMPLOYMENT
More than 80% of Nigerian graduates are jobless! More than 80% of entrepreneurs and businesses owned by young graduates are struggling to survive, some have closed down!
In America, unemployed graduates earn a stipend from the government for upkeep, and it continues till they get a job.
What exactly is the government doing for unemployed graduates and non-graduates?
Npower is just a waste of time, years, and resources. It never achieved any aim. Forget the fake news Sadiya farouq feeds us with. 90% of Batch A and B were never empowered. They are back to the streets, jobless. The 774,000 jobs was hijacked by lawmakers. Many slots were shared to them. Now, you might want to say they would share the jobs to people in their constituency. No! Big No! They collect the monies instead. About 40% of the jobs or less is shared amongst the people without connection.

Imagine MC Oluomo supervising that of Lagos! What becomes of the recruitment?

What exactly is the government putting in place for entrepreneurs and young business owners, to make them grow and want to continue? Nirsal and BOI only favoured few.
How can the government make it easy for majority of unemployed graduates to access loans for business?

B. POWER
What exactly is stopping us from having constant power supply with reasonable charges? We supply Ghana and some other African countries and they constantly have power but we cannot have a constant power for just a week.
PHCN brings outrageous and estimated bills. We usually pay for power not consumed. Infact recently they brought very ridiculous bills.
Are we ever going to fix power in Nigeria?
Why is it so difficult to share prepaid meters to every part of Nigeria?

These two above mentioned problems are the canker worms destroying our country.
80% of the protesters are unemployed. Imagine if they have jobs!?

Please do not misconstrue my point. I am fully in support of the protest but then all I'm saying is that we should demand for solutions to more pressing problems we are faced with, even as we demand for the end of police brutality.

My humble opinion.

#EndSARS
#EndSWAT
#ReformThePolice
#IncreasePoliceSalary
#FIXPOWER
#TAKECAREOFTHEUNEMPLOYED

How many times will Nigerians supply Ghana power they don't have how possible lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

“buhari”s Budget Must Be Scrutinized Properly Before Passage,” Groups Tell NASS / Events Summary On Nigerian Protest / Anonymous "Hack-tivist" Group. Who Are They?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.