Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know (2473 Views)

The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. / What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by AristocraticMe: 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2020
#Copied from Quora.

A lawyer who has dealt with 400 divorce cases has revealed four cruel truths about marriage, which is very realistic and dreary.
In an interview with glass man, the host Jiang Sida invited a lawyer who had dealt with 400 divorce cases.
She had seen all kinds of scenes of divorce, robbing children, splitting houses, tearing faces, and there was no decency to speak of.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by AristocraticMe: 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2020
In divorce, women want children and men want property

There was a group of data that showed that 78% of men would want children in marriage, but less than 20% would want children in divorce. For many men, after all, property is more important than children. Property will increase, and children will be a burden.

A reader said that after she gave birth to the child, she was alone at home to take care of the child. Her husband often came back late and never looked after the child when he came back. Sometimes the child was crying and he felt noisy. And women's natural motherhood is always more concerned about their children.
Men always say that career and dream are important, but they don't know what women at home have undertaken for him.

They enjoy being fathers, but they don't want to take the responsibility behind them

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by AristocraticMe: 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2020
Nowadays, 70% of divorces are initiated by women

According to the "big data on divorce disputes" report released by China's Supreme People's court, among the 1.4 million divorce cases in 2017, the proportion of women among plaintiffs actually reached 73.40%!

Why is that? The divorce lawyer said men tend to mature less mentally than women. Women will think, why do I marry someone? I have to take care of the children and my husband.

Yes, some marriages are shelters for men, but chains for women. In the youth school, Wang Shengnan and Lin Dawei are the best examples. His wife Wang Shengnan has to worry about the water and electricity supply at home, the education of the children and the health of the elderly, while Lin Dawei only cares about his own career.

In such a marriage, women will inevitably feel tired. Wang Shengnan said more than once that she wanted to divorce because she felt that she had lived for others for most of her life and had never fought for herself.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by AristocraticMe: 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2020
Character incompatibility destroys 90% of marriages
The divorce lawyer said many couples divorce because of personality differences.

In fact, what really kills the marriage is not the cheating and domestic violence, but the superposition of various trivial things in the process of getting along.

Similarly, Su Mingcheng and Julie are in "everything is fine". Su Mingcheng is a male mother. When he is short of food and clothing, he goes home to ask his parents for it, and even empties his family.
But Julie thought it was wrong, so she kept trying to pay back the money. Moreover, Su Mingcheng wants to be small and broad, while Julie thinks that she should be conservative.
All kinds of conflicts broke out and the two men finally divorced.
The biggest problem is that your pursuit of future life is not consistent, and your measurement of current life is not consistent. These fundamental problems will inevitably make you unable to understand each other, so as to quarrel, cold violence, and even infidelity.

The loneliness and indifference in marriage are often due to personality incompatibility

1 Share

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by CHoccolaTE: 4:35pm On Oct 16, 2020
Why is that? The divorce lawyer said men tend to mature less mentally than women. Women will think, why do I marry someone? I have to take care of the children and my husband.

Yes, some marriages are shelters for men, but chains for women.

In such a marriage, women will inevitably feel tired. Wang Shengnan said more than once that she wanted to divorce because she felt that she had lived for others for most of her life and had never fought for herself
Great thread,

Its much worse in Nigeria where women are expected to tolerate infidelity and laziness on the husband's part and be co breadwinner and submissive slave at the same time.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by AristocraticMe: 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2020
The longer the working hours, the higher the divorce rate
The real ideal marriage should be contentment, the house can be small, the income can be limited, but we enjoy the process.
When we are in love, we want to be with each other for 24 hours. You will pay attention to each other's every move. But after entering the marriage, because of various reasons, the heart between husband and wife becomes more and more distant.
Once saw a short film, the male host is very busy every day. When he comes home, he still holds the computer to work. His wife is talking to him on one side, and he is just perfunctory.
As time goes by, the relationship between husband and wife is indifferent, and his wife feels that the home is cold and there is no smoke and anger, and she looks sad all day long.
In an accidental cleaning, she found a tape recorder, which recorded the sound of their home. Except for the sound of closing the door and the sound of water, the voice was seldom heard. More often than not, the wife said it, but the husband did not respond.
The most terrible thing about widowed marriage is that women regard family as everything, while men regard home as hotel. A person's loneliness is not terrible, what is terrible is to end up with the person who makes himself lonely.
There is a line in the movie "day face": "to get married is to lose enthusiasm in exchange for stability. After three years, the husband will only treat his wife as a refrigerator, always feel that as long as the door is opened, there will be food to eat at any time. It's very inconvenient if it's broken, but it's never maintained. "
Marriage needs to be managed by two people. If either party is slack, it is hard for you to be happy.

I hope you will cherish marriage more, because a marriage must be beautiful at the beginning. Only in the process of marriage, both sides continue to hurt it, it will collapse, cherish each other.

Thank you for reading. What other cruel truths do you think exist in marriage?
Welcome to leave a message for discussion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by AristocraticMe: 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2020
My reason for sharing this post, is for us to learn from other people's. mistake or failure in marriage.
Bishop Oyedepo once said that when he wanted to get married alot of people discouraged him, they told him the marriage will not work, marriage is hard and all that.

This is what he said he did, he picked up a lot of books on marriages, read and read, did a research on the problems in marriage and how to overcome them.

Then he said he told them my marriage cannot fail, I already have the solution.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by CHoccolaTE: 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2020
The most terrible thing about widowed marriage is that women regard family as everything, while men regard home as hotel. A person's loneliness is not terrible, what is terrible is to end up with the person who makes himself lonely.
There is a line in the movie "day face": "to get married is to lose enthusiasm in exchange for stability. After three years, the husband will only treat his wife as a refrigerator, always feel that as long as the door is opened, there will be food to eat at any time. It's very inconvenient if it's broken, but it's never maintained. "
Marriage needs to be managed by two people. If either party is slack, it is hard for you to be happy.

@bold
grin

Yes marriage needs to be maintained by two people, but Nigerian women are told to "build their homes" while husbands rarely ever hear that line.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by AristocraticMe: 5:03pm On Oct 16, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

@bold
grin

Yes marriage needs to be maintained by two people, but Nigerian women are told to "build their homes" while husbands rarely ever hear that line.
A man speaking here................................ i think the society is wrong on that............ Marriage need to be maintained by both party.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2020
These are interesting findings. I think none of these are nothing new, however. I would love if you post the link to the Quora thread, as I'd like to read the constructive comments on there.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by mariahAngel(f): 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2020
Glaciered:
These are interesting findings. I think none of these are nothing new, however. I would if you post the link to the Quora thread, as I'd like to read the constructive comments on there.

grin
Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by Klass99(f): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2020

1 Like

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by AristocraticMe: 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2020
Klass99:

Hmm, Wang Shengnan sounds like some of my friends and classmates who are candid about their married lives.
grin
Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by Hathor5(f): 5:56pm On Oct 16, 2020
It seems that it is mostly men who need to be better prepared for marriage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by CHoccolaTE: 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2020
AristocraticMe:
A man speaking here................................ i think the society is wrong on that............ Marriage need to be maintained by both party.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by KevinDein: 6:21pm On Oct 16, 2020
AristocraticMe:

[b]Why is that? The divorce lawyer said men tend to mature less mentally than women. Women will think, why do I marry someone? I have to take care of the children and my husband.

Stopped taking the whole article serious after reading the emboldened, lmao. grin

Women are absolutely not more matured than men on average. Yes, girls start maturing at an earlier age than boys and usually at a faster rate, but they plateau very early because of the overwhelming attention they get from the opposite gender. Boys start slightly later, at a slightly slower rate but for much longer.
Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by AristocraticMe: 7:36pm On Oct 16, 2020
KevinDein:

Stopped taking the whole article serious after reading the emboldened, lmao. grin

Women are absolutely not more matured than men on average. Yes, girls start maturing at an earlier age than boys and usually at a faster rate, but they plateau very early because of the overwhelming attention they get from the opposite gender. Boys start slightly later, at a slightly slower rate but for much longer.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by akinloye19995: 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2020
@bold Yes marriage needs to be maintained by two people, but Nigerian women are told to "build their homes" while husbands rarely ever hear that line.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by merieam16(f): 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

Great thread,

Its much worse in Nigeria where women are expected to tolerate infidelity and laziness on the husband's part and be co breadwinner and submissive slave at the same time.

Quite pathetic,it is more that police brutality really

#Endmarriage

1 Like

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by kodix(m): 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2020
Marriage closed!
Everyone find what gives you joy!
Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by tobechi20(m): 8:21am On Oct 17, 2020
Sad
Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by CHoccolaTE: 8:22am On Oct 17, 2020
merieam16:

#Endmarriage
Yes ooo, the way marriage is set up not everyone can go into it and play their part well. Let's stop pressuring people to get married by force, the ones that want should marry, the ones that don't want can chillazzz

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by YourCoffin: 8:59am On Oct 17, 2020
Na woman opinion so it won't be factual. Men prefer properties to children yet we see stories of men fighting their ex-wifes just to see their kids and women fighting their ex-husbands over properties. Case of reverse psychology.

Oga next time don't copy and paste. Show us that you at aleast went to school. Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by AristocraticMe: 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2020
YourCoffin:
Na woman opinion so it won't be factual. Men prefer properties to children yet we see stories of men fighting their ex-wifes just to see their kids and women fighting their ex-husbands over properties. Case of reverse psychology.

Oga next time don't copy and paste. Show us that you at aleast went to school. Nonsense
If you went to school and smart enough, you should know I said it is a discussion.... what is a discussion Mr Professor ? Read to understand, dont read to criticize.
Always make use of your brain

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by Hathor5(f): 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2020
Klass99:

Hmm, Wang Shengnan sounds like some of my friends and classmates who are candid about their married lives.

I have been seeing many friends this month to catch up after a very busy September and truth be told many complain about their marriage but when a marriage is full of love and joy, it's pure bliss, simply beautiful.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 17, 2020
Getting married to an unemployed/jobless or lazy individual will end in tears for you. Don't let love blind your eyes, love doesn't pay the bills.

This is the harsh truth about marriage.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 17, 2020
AristocraticMe:
[s]in divorce, women want children and men want property

There was a group of data that showed that 78% of men would want children in marriage, but less than 20% would want children in divorce. For many men, after all, property is more important than children. Property will increase, and children will be a burden.

A reader said that after she gave birth to the child, she was alone at home to take care of the child. Her husband often came back late and never looked after the child when he came back. Sometimes the child was crying and he felt noisy. And women's natural motherhood is always more concerned about their children.
Men always say that career and dream are important, but they don't know what women at home have undertaken for him.

They enjoy being fathers, but they don't want to take the responsibility behind them[/s]

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by YourCoffin: 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2020
AristocraticMe:
If you went to school and smart enough, you should know I said it is a discussion.... what is a discussion Mr Professor ? Read to understand, dont read to criticize.
Always make use of your brain

Okay. My bad. Didn't see your reference to a discussion
Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by Klass99(f): 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2020

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by bukatyne(f): 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2020
AristocraticMe:
In divorce, women want children and men want property

They enjoy being fathers, but they don't want to take the responsibility behind them

I disagree with the first bold.

What does the second bold even mean?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by Hathor5(f): 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
Klass99:

@ The bold, I don't know many marriages like what you've described here. I only know of two that fit this description.

I am surrounded by more married folks who have tension in their homes because of one thing or the other and who feel trapped in their marriages.

Even men are not left out of the complaining these days. It's in their nature to bottle things up, but, the two who have opened up are not finding it funny, either.

One person even told me to pls look well before I leap, according to her this thing (marriage) is for a lifetime, till death do you part.

So, if you go and marry a useless man that doesn't want to die or is refusing to die on time, you're in for a very long something. I just bust laugh that day.grin

Single life like married life has its ups and downs. That's life.
Re: What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know by cococandy(f): 1:34am On Oct 21, 2020
Hathor5:
It seems that it is mostly men who need to be better prepared for marriage.

Well historically women are usually more trained to uphold a marriage. To build their homes. To persevere and endure. Because it’s supposed to be their prize. Their reward for being “good”.

There’s no doubt things won’t improve if we keep doing things the same way and expect a different result.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Wants Me To Sleep With Other Men And Sleep With Me Right Afterwards / Graduation Ceremonies Of Premature Babies Leaving The Intensive Care(photos) / Not Again! Her Demands Are Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.