Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist (70177 Views)

Senate: Akpabio Behind My Removal, Orji Kalu Is Next - Elisha Abbo / CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower / TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by LudaChriz(m): 12:12am On Oct 17, 2020
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

Broadcast journalist, Sandra Eze popularly known as Sanzye, says she was suspended indefinitely from Television Continental based on orders from Bourdillon.

Bourdillon Street, Ikoyi, Lagos, is where the home of All Progressives Congress chieftain, Bola Tinubu, is located.

Tinubu is also rumoured to own TVC which is located in the Ikosi, Ketu area of Lagos State.

Eze, who was a co-host of ‘Your View’, one of the most watched breakfast programmes in the country, said in a series of Instagram posts on Friday that she was singled out for punishment because she walked out during a discussion on the of the Oba of Lagos, Rilwanu Akiolu, threatening Igbo people ahead of the governorship election in 2015 which was won by Akinwunmi Ambode.

The journalist, who is also Igbo, said they had been warned not to discuss the topic even though it was the major headline on all newspapers. However, things didn’t go as planned when a caller called the show and began to comment on the matter.

She wrote, “No, I did not leave #YourViewTVC because I was disciplined and I couldn’t take it. I did not leave because I had attitude issues, or I was headstrong and refusing to take advice (really? Wow.) Nor did I leave because I wanted to focus solely on acting. Your View had a very flexible schedule… that was a cover up.

“I walked out during a live show, a call came from Bourdillon and asked that I be suspended indefinitely. That’s the summary.”

The broadcaster said she was hired by Morayo Afolabi-Brown, who was the lead anchor but when Afolabi-Brown gave birth and began maternity leave, she was able to anchor the programme for some time until Afolabi-Brown returned.

She said on a particular day, when the discussion on the threat by the Lagos monarch came up on the show, things got heated.

The journalist added, “The Oba of Lagos made an inciting statement about drowning Igbos in the lagoon (some of you might remember it). The next day, it was the headline in almost all the dailies. At this point, Debisi wasn’t the producer anymore, Emem was. I believe she could have switched me given how sensitive the topic was and considering that this concerned a people I represented.

“During makeup, she asked me to ensure I said nothing about it, just ignore the story. I wasn’t ok, but well, I don’t want to be the person who tells my producer no. So we went live. Intro, banter, paper review, hot topic, let’s talk…I said nothing about it, we were almost there. 9:50am, a guy called Hassan calls in and drags us back to paper review on what the Oba said, his comments hurt,… I waited for Morayo to cut him, it was taking forever.”

Eze said she tried to keep her cool so as not to act in a way that would attract sanctions from the National Broadcasting Commission.

She said she decided to walk out during the live show and had hoped that her co-hosts would cover up for her.

The broadcaster said Afolabi-Brown tried to calm her down and advised her to apologise to the TVC management but it seemed this was not enough.

Eze added, “I went home, locked myself and cried. Then I rehearsed my apology and showed up to work the next morning. I walked into the makeup room, greeted Morayo but it felt different. I felt tension, she said “Sanzye can I see you”… my heart broke. Sure, I said.

“She said ‘…I was instructed that a call came from Bourdillon and they don’t want to see you on the show again… so you’ve been suspended indefinitely, just chill small, lemme talk to them’”.

The broadcaster said she made frantic efforts to save her job and even visited Bourdillon twice but it was all for nothing.

She said things soon went downhill as her finances suffered.

Eze, however, said God was able to rescue her from her desperate state and help her become the actress that she is today.

The broadcaster added, “Why would someone sit in Bourdillon (as I was told) and play my life, my career, my emotions like badminton? I may not know anyone in high places but I am a respectful young woman and I will be respected.

“I waved the show goodbye and patiently waited for my face to leave that montage. Seeing my face on that tune made me sick. It took a painful long wait but a new montage was made and I rested. It was official. Goodbye Your View and TVC. I took my time because I wanted to be sure I had flushed yesterday’s anger.”

Attempts to get a reaction from TVC proved abortive as its Head of Corporate Affairs, Mabel Adeteye, neither responded to calls nor a text message as of press time.

https://punchng.com/bourdillon-ordered-my-removal-from-tvc-says-journalist/?amp=1&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

42 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by Moferere: 12:14am On Oct 17, 2020
One day, we will come for all bad leaders, but first #EndSarsNow

392 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by LudaChriz(m): 12:14am On Oct 17, 2020
Lalasticlala as we are ending SARS let's end Bourdillon as well

193 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by Jombojombo(m): 12:16am On Oct 17, 2020
What a touching story. This country can never be one!

Why do Yorubas hate Igbos this much??

246 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by Beress(m): 12:18am On Oct 17, 2020
Tinubu come and be President let's see.

Useless drug addict

502 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by Oluwabusobomi(f): 12:23am On Oct 17, 2020
This is sad

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by Rugaria: 12:26am On Oct 17, 2020
The Don Corleone of Bourdillion..

145 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by Ever8090: 12:27am On Oct 17, 2020
E be like say she bee no gree Baba kpekus...that might be the main reason

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by ybalogs(m): 12:27am On Oct 17, 2020
Shouldn't be surprising . Most of the time,he who pays the bills cAlls the shot.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by LegendHero(m): 1:09am On Oct 17, 2020
Jombojombo:

How did she got the appointment in the first place if Yorubas hate Igbos that much?

Or you just type without thinking??

“She said in a series of Instagram posts on Friday that she was singled out for punishment because she walked out during a discussion on the of the Oba of Lagos, Rilwanu Akiolu, threatening Igbo people ahead of the governorship election in 2015 which was won by Akinwunmi Ambode.”

So she walked out of a live show. Is that not enough to query her?

She is not the only non-Yoruba working at TVC, then why is she trying to feign innocence by appealing to tribal sentiment when she was let go coz her action?

We have the likes of:
Obiajulu Ugboh
Azuka Oare
Mike Okwoche
Veronica Dan Ukpoyi and etc.

The same Bourdillon appointed all the above and yet you guys will be here wailing daily accusing this same man of tribalism.

511 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by Temitopemo6e6(m): 1:13am On Oct 17, 2020
When We All Fall
Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by NGpatriot: 1:16am On Oct 17, 2020
Jombojombo:

Hatred must have made Yoruba people gave her that Job and opportunity in the first place.

Not even 1 kobo sense.

424 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by ayzTIGER: 1:16am On Oct 17, 2020
LegendHero:

How did she got the appointment in the first place if Yoruba hate Igbos that much?

Or you just type without thinking??
What else do we need to see the obvious? Imagine Obi of Onitsha telling Yorubas in Anambra State to vote APGA or be drowned in River Niger? if a royal father can say this imagine how deep the Igbo hatred has eaten

145 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by LegendHero(m): 1:23am On Oct 17, 2020
ayzTIGER:
What else do we need to see the obvious? Imagine Obi of Onitsha telling Yorubas in Anambra State to vote APGA or be drowned in River Niger? if a royal father can say this imagine how deep the Igbo hatred has eaten

If Obi of Onitsha say it what will happen? I don’t think the Yorubas can do anything about it because it is his land and he can say what he wants if he thinks the Yorubas are disrespecting or talking anyhow.

The only thing the Yorubas can do in that case is just to abuse, wail, or talk back angrily on Facebook/Twitter/Nairaland and nothing will happen!

264 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by NGpatriot: 1:24am On Oct 17, 2020
ayzTIGER:
What else do we need to see the obvious? Imagine Obi of Onitsha telling Yorubas in Anambra State to vote APGA or be drowned in River Niger? if a royal father can say this imagine how deep this Igbo hatred has eaten

Obi of Onitsha or Oba of Lagos did not hire her or give her a job to do.

What other people say or did not say out in the general public is non of your concern or business as a journalist who should always remain professional and objective on the job.

She lost her job when she walked off that set, that's like the ultimate sack reason ever and she was rightfully sacked.''Let her go to another news station and repeat the same thing, she'll get sacked also.

You ibo people need to learn how to separate emotions, tribalism and ethnicity from your job and professional environment.

Nows you want to blame the same that hired and gave you an opportunity regardless of your tribe as bad people when in fact tribe did not get you fired, your insolence, crude, crass and unprofessional behavior got you sacked.

360 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by ayzTIGER: 1:35am On Oct 17, 2020
LegendHero:

If Obi of Onitsha say it what will happen? I don’t think the Yorubas can do anything about it because it is his land and he can say what he wants if he thinks the Yorubas are disrespecting or talking anyhow.

The only thing the Yorubas can do in that case is just to abuse, wail, or talk back angrily on Facebook/Twitter/Nairaland and nothing will happen!
Obi of Onitsha will never descend that low, a royal father that can come up with that nonsense is the one who gets pursued by Igbo giants in his dream

So because you gave me a job I should watch you throw or tolerate shit being thrown at me. Why are you pretending as if you didn't read this part "a guy called Hassan calls in and drags us back to paper review on what the Oba said, his comments hurt,… I waited for Morayo to cut him, it was taking forever.”

What Sandra Eze did was honourable

95 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by LegendHero(m): 1:40am On Oct 17, 2020
ayzTIGER:
Obi of Onitsha will never descend that low, a royal father that can come up with that nonsense is the one who gets pursued by Igbo giants in his dream

That’s Obi of Onitsha cup of tea. It’s none of my business what he chose to do with his mouth!!

255 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by Ogbuu101: 1:46am On Oct 17, 2020
NGpatriot:

Obi of Onitsha or Oba of Lagos did not hire her or give her a job to do.

What other people say or did not say out in the general public is non of your concern or business as a journalist who should always remain professional and objective on the job.

She lost her job when she walked off that set, that's like the ultimate sack reason ever and she was rightfully sacked.''Let her go to another news station and repeat the same thing, she'll get sacked also.

You ibo people need to learn how to separate emotions, tribalism and ethnicity from your job and professional environment.

Nows you want to blame the same that hired and gave you an opportunity regardless of your tribe as bad people when in fact tribe did not get you fired, your insolence, crude, crass and unprofessional behavior got you sacked.

Always working hard to defend the indefensible.
You guys are sick.

76 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by giftedben: 1:50am On Oct 17, 2020
NGpatriot:
Typical ungrateful, disrespectful, disloyal, tribal and bigoted ipob rubbish.

Why are ibo people like this?

YVC hired gave you a job to do and opportunity to progress in life regardless of your tribe or ethnic affiliation, but you got sacked because of your unprofessional, immature and irresponsible behavior when you walk off the set and a nationally televised live show all because you couldn't suppress your bigoted and tribal sensitivity.

TVC that hired you in the first place did so regardless of your tribe is a serious and professional organization with image and reputation to protect, they don't need tribe and ethnic sensitive people tasnishing their reputation, walking off a nationally televised show and making them look like a kabukabu organization.

You can not do this on CNN, FOX news or any credible establishment and not get fired on the spot, your manager don't even have to talk to the director or your maked up Bourdillon before firing you instantly.

...but as usual with ibo people, Tinubu is always responsible for their misfortune and horrible personal decisions when in fact the same Bourdillon as you insolently stated gave you that job and opportunity in the first place.

You ungrateful and ethnic bigot, you don't deserve that job and I'm glad you got thrown out.

Good riddance.

"Beware of the naked man who offers you clothes". I am not surprised by your comment. Tomorrow you start to shout #Endsars. Meanwhile Yorubas are worst than Sars. Their words are poision.

81 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by NGpatriot: 2:21am On Oct 17, 2020
Ogbuu101:

You guys are sick.

Go and tell your crude, crass and unprofessional tacky sister to walk off another job and see how fast she get sacked.

I guess it was indefensible also when Yoruba people gave her the job and opportunity she walked away from.

giftedben:

"Beware of the naked man who offers you clothes". I am not surprised by your comment. Tomorrow you start to shout #Endsars. Meanwhile Yorubas are worst than Sars. There words are poision.

What nonsense is this one talking about? Was it Yoruba poison that gave her the job or that made her walked off the job?

You people spew the dumbest nonsense ever. Learn to always take responsibility for your actions and poor choices.

283 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by giftedben: 2:44am On Oct 17, 2020
NGpatriot:

Go and tell your crude, crass and unprofessional tacky sister to walk off another job and see how fast she get sacked.

I guess it was indefensible also when Yoruba people gave her the job and opportunity she walked away from.

What nonsense is this one talking about? Was it Yoruba poison that gave her the job or that made her walked off the job?

You people spew the dumbest nonsense ever. Learn to always take responsibility for your actions and poor choices.

If you guys had any principle or an atom of truth within yourselves then you should have stick with it. "they were warned not to talk about it" but as usual a Yoruba being as cunning as a snake decided to listen to what the caller had to say because it was election period.

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by apex0038(m): 2:57am On Oct 17, 2020
Jombojombo:

. Hate my Brother rethink, a lot of such has happened in my working place which happened to be Igbo man an Igbo man,it is power or fighting an interest. Remember igbos and Yoruba's are living together in the same yards in all Yoruba cities.

22 Likes

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by NGpatriot: 3:07am On Oct 17, 2020
[s]
giftedben:

If you guys had any principle or an atom of truth within yourselves then you should have stick with it. "they were warned not to talk about it" but as usual a Yoruba being as cunning as a snake decided to listen to what the caller had to say because it was election period.
[/s]

Stop spewing lame and pathetic rubbish, stick to the issue, this is about a woman that was hired by the same so called Tinubu that you hypocrites hate so much, she made a personal decision to walk off her job and she suffered the consequence.

They'll sack her for the same offence at CNN or any credible establishment on the surface of the earth.

Stick to the issue and what she did on the job and the reason why she got sacked.

263 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by Nooel1: 3:39am On Oct 17, 2020
[quote author=Ogbuu101 post=95016727]
You guys are
Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by YourhealthNG2(m): 3:39am On Oct 17, 2020
This is wrong

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by NGpatriot: 3:49am On Oct 17, 2020
[s]
Nooel1:

You're the most unfortunate, useless and miserable human being on planet earth. Your parents would be gnashing their rotten teeth and pondering how the hell did they give birth to a useless son like you.

Your mental issues has come to stay and last;

10+10= Your mental health will Torgba

20+20= Your mental health must Ogbane

Insha Allah!
[/s]

Typical ignorant and illiterate rubbish.

125 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by NGpatriot: 3:55am On Oct 17, 2020
YourhealthNG2:
This is wrong

I bet it was also wrong to give her a job and it was right for her to trash the job and walk off off the job.

If you have a job, when you get to your job on monday, make sure you walk off that job and expect not to be sacked.

143 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 4:08am On Oct 17, 2020
ayzTIGER:
Yoruba's won't push him to get that low.
Is there anywhere you go were the host ain't complaining about you guys From Lagos to South Africa,to Malaysia to Indonesia....where?

165 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Governor Yahya Bello With His Wives / Fulani Herdsman With 53 AK-47 Guns Arrested In Nasarawa (pictures) / Atiku Dazzles In New Photos As He Celebrates 74th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.