Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,696 members, 7,802,052 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality (12573 Views)

ENDSARS: Okowa Receives Panel's Report, Says Govt Will Support Victims' Families / Governor Ihedioha Sets Up 8-Man Committee To Probe Okorocha / Ihedioha Constitutes Transition Technical Commitee (SEE FULL LIST) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:48am On Oct 17, 2020
Committee again
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by zinodizt: 7:49am On Oct 17, 2020
So Okowa just woke up..... We will vote them out
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by anochuko01(m): 7:57am On Oct 17, 2020
wwwtortoise:
Shove that committee of looters up your ass Mr man.
It took you and your cronies days to respond to the cry of the people you govern. After it had garnered attention from the international community.

SHAME ON YOU !

SHAME ON APC !

SHAME ON PDP !

SHAME ON NIGERIAN POLITICIANS !

This time we the leaders of tomorrow today are not interested in your familiar empty promises.

We the YOUTHS are taking the initiative, steps and actions to restore the glory of our land.

Remember you called us LAZY; but guess what? We are now actively involved cheesy

#EndSars

#EndPoliceBrutality

#RestructureNow

Oga calm down. The purpose for the protest is to bring about change. And this is a good step, so be patient and ready to attack again if they don't deliver.
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by DAVE5(m): 7:58am On Oct 17, 2020
Who are the people on that committee?

Same bad leaders and their protege?

Then it can’t yield a positive pro-people result nah

E no concern us, let them do their thrash
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by blacknp(m): 8:01am On Oct 17, 2020
sonofthunder:

Most likely a useless committee. I'm happy to be wrong.
You are 109% correct, as Governor is it today okowa became aware that the commissioner of police, and all the police in his entourage are corrupt? It is when people start to protest he remembers? Hypocrite Okowa, isn’t sars the Nigerian police? More than 3/4 of the Governor’s entourage have been attached to sars at one time in their police career.

He pretends he cares about security, let him publish the details of security vote money he receives every month, people in Delta State should be protesting against the Governor, instead they are throwing stones at a flying bird.
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by geesilver(m): 8:01am On Oct 17, 2020
lip service everywhere
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 17, 2020
The older generation is a failed one filled with dull minds and yet any small thing they're quick to lash out at us. Pls no one should ever compare them with this new generation in anything because the one wey dem dey tell us since na lie. Them worse pass for all the bad things ur seing today. Just that internet made oours more pronounced. If not for respect shaa... So they're not aware there must be checks and balances in every area of life especially public service n government And yet these fools travel out for holidays and are aware of what obtains there. Or na olosho them go dey fvck for there? If it takes protest to give them the sense to function like normal people then e clear say this protest just dey start oo.. Nonsense old dullards angry

#EndSarsNow
#EndPoliceBrutality
#EndBadGovernance
#EndOppression
#EndCorruptPublicOfficeHolders
#EndSenatorsAllowances
#NoPoliticiansAllowed
#RevolutionNow
#ByAnyMeansNecessary
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by Mokason28: 8:04am On Oct 17, 2020
My brother don’t doubt it , 450 to 500 k every day...Around 15milion every month
35824L:
[/b]

Hmmn, I don't doubt it. There is a large presence of yahoo boys in delta state especially around the Sapele, Jesse axis. Even Warri is getting a large influx of them as the heat in Sapele is becoming too much. Some are moving to Asaba too. Sars makes a fortune in delta state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by Sonfethopia: 8:06am On Oct 17, 2020
Officialgarri:
police brutality in Kaduna isn't as worse or near pronounced as that of Delta but when El-rufai launched a similar committee, everyone screamed it is a scam.

So why do you believe Delta committee will deliver?

Las las, all of us na hypocrite sha

This comitee is from the protesters and not okowas comitee. Harrison is a known Hunan right activist.
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by blacknp(m): 8:11am On Oct 17, 2020
35824L:
[/b]

Hmmn, I don't doubt it. There is a large presence of yahoo boys in delta state especially around the Sapele, Jesse axis. Even Warri is getting a large influx of them as the heat in Sapele is becoming too much. Some are moving to Asaba too. Sars makes a fortune in delta state.
Don’t mind does Criminal youths in Sapele, & Jesse, you know what you are talking about, there is no way criminals like that will want the police around, if you are driving a Mercedes Benz at 21, you don’t play professional soccer, your Father is a farmer, police have the right to investigate you, even professional athletes in the United Kingdom, and United States that earn millions of Pounds & Dollars complain about police profiling, not to talk of criminals in Nigeria that can’t show any source of income, that want to just wonder around with impunity?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by blacknp(m): 8:17am On Oct 17, 2020
Mokason28:
My brother don’t doubt it , 450 to 500 k every day...Around 15milion every month
Collected from who? Yahoo boys, nobody that works for his money will give police 1 Naira, did you steal the money? One thing I know for sure, if you have plenty of legit money, police will be your friend as they claim, they will even volunteer to be your guard, truly the whole Nigerian society needs reform, not just the police, but in reality only criminals & people with something to hide in their closets fear the police.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by davillian(m): 8:20am On Oct 17, 2020
The Nigerian police force should stop the use toture to get confessions from suspect if they can't investigate let them close the case...
I feel it will help them develop and find better ways of solving crime...
They should also let them know the consiquence of assulting civilians
And the punishment should be dismissal or 5yrs jail term...
Finally let them know that the Nigerian citizens are allowed to video them....
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by deathmen12: 8:22am On Oct 17, 2020
Look at all this eyes service governors, setting up committee up and down as if they where not in the country when sars was committing all the atrocities against the people. Look at them heartless politicians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by blacknp(m): 8:25am On Oct 17, 2020
davillian:
The Nigerian police force should stop the use toture to get confessions from suspect if they can't investigate let them close the case...
I feel it will help them develop and find better ways of solving crime...
They should also let them know the consiquence of assulting civilians
And the punishment should be dismissal or 5yrs jail term...
Finally let them know that the Nigerian citizens are allowed to video them....
Know your rights as guaranteed by the Constitution of 1999 as Amended, if they use torture, & it can be proven, the courts will throw it out, the whole system is corrupt not just the police. The police is only a reflection of the people they oversee, why will an elected official have 25 police men in his entourage?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by ikay00406(m): 8:29am On Oct 17, 2020
TheGreatYam:
Good one

Let me tell you the way SARS operate in Delta State.

They see a very neat vehicle in front of their vehicle, they then tell themselves that the owner of that car "Go get money".

They overtake the vehicle to see who's driving. Once it's a young adult, they block the vehicle like armed robbers, come down of their vehicles and ask the driver to come down.

They ask you what you do for a living. After you tell them, they ask to see an ID card.

If your job is not related to the government, they say it's a lie. And say you're a criminal.

1. They then ask to see your phone. If you refuse, they slap you, hit you carelessly and cock their guns ready to shoot you.

2. If you agree, they go through your phone and immediately they see that you have a foreign number among your phone contacts they say you're a criminal. If they see any foreign number on your WhatsApp, they say you're a criminal.

3. Any picture of a white person on your phone, they say you're a criminal.

4. If you don't meet any of these criteria they then ask for your papers. And tell you there's one particular vehicle paper that is missing.

The summary is that you must give them money.

If your case is number 4, then you're lucky. If your case is between 1 and 3, then start saying your last prayer.

If you have dreadlocks, tattoo, or earring on your ear, then you're dead!

They will check your account balance and how much you have inside will determine how much they will collect from you.

You're right.. They trail you right from the express into summit road and overtake you just like armed robbers with guns and arrest you.. After that they'll drive your car behind them to their office for more extortion and brutality.. Especially if you own a GLK and the windows are tinted..You must encounter them.
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by blacknp(m): 8:30am On Oct 17, 2020
deathmen12:
Look at all this eyes service governors, setting up committee up and down as if they where not in the country when sars was committing all the atrocities against the people. Look at them heartless politicians.
If everyone held their state Governors accountable, only Almijiris will complain about Buhari, or look to Abuja for anything, what does okowa do with the security votes money he receives every month from Abuja? is it not the same sars & police he uses the money to pay?
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by nairaman66(m): 8:31am On Oct 17, 2020
35824L:
[/b]

And what do you say about places like Lagos state and Abuja. These are states where 1 in every 10 person is a fraudster especially Lagos. Police must be making a lot from there.
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by wirinet(m): 8:31am On Oct 17, 2020
deathmen12:

It's a step in the right direction. How do u expect victims of SARS to get justice and compensation if not through setting up committee where victims can go and lay their report?

This is commendable from Governor Okowa, as the committee is made up of mostly human rights activitists and not government officials.
This should have been the action taken by the Federal Government instead of rushing to rename SARS.

It's obvious millions of Nigerians have either been killed, tortured, maimed, kidnapped, ransomed and extorted by SARS and only a commission of enquiries can reveal the extent of the damage and assuage the feeling of Nigerians.
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by blacknp(m): 8:35am On Oct 17, 2020
wirinet:

It's a step in the right direction. How do u expect victims of SARS to get justice and compensation if not through setting up committee where victims can go and lay their report?

This is commendable from Governor Okowa, as the committee is made up of mostly human rights activitists and not government officials.
This should have been the action taken by the Federal Government instead of rushing to rename SARS.

It's obvious millions of Nigerians have either been killed, tortured, maimed, kidnapped, ransomed and extorted by SARS and only a commission of enquiries can reveal the extent of the damage and assuage the feeling of Nigerians.
It is a lie, say the police, sars is only a unit of the police, sars has never collected 1 Naira from me, I have lost count the amount of time the police have obtained money from me, even under false accusation, I had to bail myself.

Stop been fooled & showing your ignorance, no Committee set up by the oppressor can give you justice, section 46(1) of The Constitution exclaims if your rights are infringed, about to be infringed, take it to the nearest high court, problems with most kids they don’t read, so they don’t know what the law demands, they prefer I hearsay from naive minds.
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by wirinet(m): 8:38am On Oct 17, 2020
blacknp:
Know your rights as guaranteed by the Constitution of 1999 as Amended, if they use torture, & it can be proven, the courts will throw it out, the whole system is corrupt not just the police. The police is only a reflection of the people they oversee, why will an elected official have 25 police men in his entourage?
Knowing and insisting on your rights without having knowing any influencial person in Nigeria is tantamount to commiting suicide. The police will just shoot you, plant a gun on you and label you armed robber.

The courts and judicial system is so corrupt that it's impossible to get justice. You can be imprisoned and left on the awaiting trial list for longer than the sentence itself even if you were found guilty.
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by blacknp(m): 8:42am On Oct 17, 2020
wirinet:

Knowing and insisting on your rights without having knowing any influencial person in Nigeria is tantamount to commiting suicide. The police will just shoot you, plant a gun on you and label you armed robber.

The courts and judicial system is so corrupt that it's impossible to get justice. You can be imprisoned and left on the awaiting trial list for longer than the sentence itself even if you were found guilty.
You blame the police & the Court, a coward dies a thousand times, nowhere in the world are your rights given to you on a platter, did you not read what I wrote? “If it can be proven” you fight for it, even today in the United States today you must be aware of the Black Lives Matter? go and read the biography of Madiba, so you might have a little sense, cowardice Chicken.
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by kvngjesse(m): 8:44am On Oct 17, 2020
TheGreatYam:
Good one

Let me tell you the way SARS operate in Delta State.

They see a very neat vehicle in front of their vehicle, they then tell themselves that the owner of that car "Go get money".

They overtake the vehicle to see who's driving. Once it's a young adult, they block the vehicle like armed robbers, come down of their vehicles and ask the driver to come down.

They ask you what you do for a living. After you tell them, they ask to see an ID card.

If your job is not related to the government, they say it's a lie. And say you're a criminal.

1. They then ask to see your phone. If you refuse, they slap you, hit you carelessly and cock their guns ready to shoot you.

2. If you agree, they go through your phone and immediately they see that you have a foreign number among your phone contacts they say you're a criminal. If they see any foreign number on your WhatsApp, they say you're a criminal.

3. Any picture of a white person on your phone, they say you're a criminal.

4. If you don't meet any of these criteria they then ask for your papers. And tell you there's one particular vehicle paper that is missing.

The summary is that you must give them money.

If your case is number 4, then you're lucky. If your case is between 1 and 3, then start saying your last prayer.

If you have dreadlocks, tattoo, or earring on your ear, then you're dead!

They will check your account balance and how much you have inside will determine how much they will collect from you.
i live in delta and have witnessed first hand cry
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by deathmen12: 8:45am On Oct 17, 2020
It’s very annoying, this people could’ve done something about this police brutality long before now but hell no. Instead they where giving more support, okowa want to tell us he was not aware of what sars has been doing?
wirinet:

Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by wirinet(m): 8:49am On Oct 17, 2020
blacknp:
It is a lie, say the police, sars is only a unit of the police, sars has never collected 1 Naira from me, I have lost count the amount of time the police have obtained money from me, even under false accusation, I had to bail myself.

Stop been fooled & showing your ignorance, no Committee set up by the oppressor can give you justice, section 46(1) of The Constitution exclaims if your rights are infringed, about to be infringed, take it to the nearest high court, problems with most kids they don’t read, so they don’t know what the law demands, they prefer I hearsay from naive minds.

So you are insinuating that millions of Nigerians protesting are liars, or that thousands of people telling their horrible encounters with SARS are hallucinating. Awkuzu SARS in Anambra must be a holiday resort, where you are given massage by Csp James Nwafor. All the nairalanders narrativing their horrible experiences here are all liars. You are the only truth teller in the whole of Nigeria.

If you claim you have never been harrassed, by SARS, it's either you are not in that age group (18 - 35), you don't drive a flashy car, you have no tattoo or piercings on your body or your are poor.

But, you lie if you say you don't know any youth that had been harrassed and extorted by SARS. Most celebrities and influential people joining the protests had never been harrassed by SARS, but the know someone who had.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by blacknp(m): 8:52am On Oct 17, 2020
kvngjesse:

i live in delta and have witnessed first hand cry
97% of them yahoo boys, I live in Delta State also not once has any Useless Babylonians told me to show them my account details, why what concerns them? If they find igbo in my car, when we reach station worst they collect more money, useless people.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by blacknp(m): 8:55am On Oct 17, 2020
wirinet:

So you are insinuating that millions of Nigerians protesting are liars, or that thousands of people telling their horrible encounters with SARS are hallucinating. Awkuzu SARS in Anambra must be a holiday resort, where you are given massage by Csp James Nwafor. All the nairalanders narrativing their horrible experiences here are all liars. You are the only truth teller in the whole of Nigeria.

If you claim you have never been harrassed, by SARS, it's either you are not in that age group (18 - 35), you don't drive a flashy car, you have no tattoo or piercings on your body or your are poor.

But, you lie if you say you don't know any youth that had been harrassed and extorted by SARS. Most celebrities and influential people joining the protests had never been harrassed by SARS, but the know someone who had.
Coward why Keep calling sars, say the Nigeria Police Force, Maybe you don’t know SARS means Special Anti Robbery Squad, Of The Nigeria Police, you cannot separate SARS from the Nigeria Police. Where is sars office in your state? all sars personnel’s are attached to a police station, awkuzu sars In Anambra state is it not attached to a police station in the Local Government? or does sars have their own separate office?
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by Arizonaz: 8:55am On Oct 17, 2020
Another strategy to remove his head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by wirinet(m): 9:01am On Oct 17, 2020
blacknp:
Coward why Keep calling sars, say the Nigeria Police Force.
That you are so pained by an impersonal issue that you start resorting to personal insults betrays you have a stake in the criminal activities of SARS.
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:02am On Oct 17, 2020
Sonfethopia:

Useless KE, the committee go deliver o.

DPO CALABAR, WE DE COME FOR U.

Which of the stations in calabar?
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by blacknp(m): 9:02am On Oct 17, 2020
Arizonaz:
Another strategy to remove his head.
That is all, it is not me, it is them?
Re: EndSARS: Okowa Creates 8 Man Commitee To Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality by blacknp(m): 9:04am On Oct 17, 2020
wirinet:

That you are so pained by an impersonal issue that you start resorting to personal insults betrays you have a stake in the criminal activities of SARS.
Only criminals fear the police. Why not trend end police, so you and your confra friends can run wild? Just imagine the stupid analogy I have a stake so I support sars, who will fear special anti robbery squad more, myself or armed criminals like you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Expelled Herdsmen From Kwara Sneaking Into Osun – Group / Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President / Abdulrahman Ajiya Wins Abaji LG Chairmanship Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.