Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates (5069 Views)

Prosperity Gospel Gone Wild: Joel Osteen/myles Munroe Charge $100 For Church / Random And Crazy Posters Of The Prosperity Gospel / "Most Christians Infected With Prosperity Gospel" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by EarsWide(m): 7:56pm On Mar 07, 2011
1) Why are the pastors so wealthy ?
2) How come the wife and children of the pastors also become pastors and ministers ? Is the 'calling' family based ?
3) How does it make sense for a man struggling to eat (like many Africans) give away ten percent of his meagre income - most africans cannot even afford to send their kids to schools or pay for drugs.
4) Why do Nigerian pastors need planes ?
5) Why does the leader of the anglican church with assets of more than £5 billion earn only £65,000 but pentecostal preachers with much smaller assets earn much more ?
6) If we accept that tithes are necessary - where are all the free schools and hospitals or other charitable activities ?

I have a lot more questions - but it will be useful to start with this.
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by nuclearboy(m): 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2011
1. Because they are MOGs (as they call them) and thus stand as God to their "idiotic followers"
2. Yep - the pastor "calls" himself when he realizes his lack of conscience and then calls his family to keep the moolah within reach
3. Makes sense TO the greedy MOG who believes it is his God given right to trample on others.
4. To show they are "blessed" when actually they are cursed and acquiring more curses
5. Because the average pentecostal pastor is a lying irresponsible thief who sees ministry as a means to gain
6. Don't you see them?- they advertise with 3 million when they give out 500, 000 and humiliate the beneficiaries into lining up for their handouts

Don't bother yourself, friend - they have no answers and will ignore you. But God will not be silent always
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Joagbaje(m): 10:36pm On Mar 07, 2011
EarsWide:

1) Why are the pastors so wealthy ?

Because they are Christians, and as a christian ,if you give ,you will recieve. Most pastors are first examples in giving . A pastor that doesn't give wont have. Na beg he go dey beg cool

2) How come the wife and children of the pastors also become pastors and ministers ? Is the 'calling' family based ?

How come James the brother of Jesus took over church leadership from Peter. How did Jude another younger brother of jesus become a pastor , why was Aaron moses brother next in command,and mirian moses elder sister prophetess? what were Aaron sons doing in the priests office?

3) How does it make sense for a man struggling to eat (like many Africans) give away ten percent of his meagre income - most africans cannot even afford to send their kids to schools or pay for drugs.

How did it make sense for elijah to ask a widow to give her last meal for him to eat? It is based on a principle. The solution to poverty is GIVING.

4) Why do Nigerian pastors need planes ?

Are they not human beings ? Are planes made for monkeys? By the way how many have planes ?

5) Why does the leader of the anglican church with assets of more than £5 billion earn only £65,000 but pentecostal preachers with much smaller assets earn much more ?

How do you know how much they earn. A real pastor doesn't live by salary. His salary is a seed in his hand. He give by example. People bless him in return . Its a law of sowing and reaping. When you start giving and you see the result , you won't criticise wealth again. Wealth of a christian is to serve God and man.

6) If we accept that tithes are necessary - where are all the free schools and hospitals or other charitable activities ?

Is that from the bible? What has tithe got to do with schools? thithes and offerings are based on eternal principles of faith in God.
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by EarsWide(m): 11:26pm On Mar 07, 2011
@Joagbaje
Thanks for answering my questions. A few points:

1) You say pastors are wealthy because they are christians - and if you give you will receive, so why are there still poor christians - because they dont give enough ?? How wealthy are you ? I suspect you are not as rich as the pastors, why dont you give more ? maybe 50% of your salary - then you will be really rich abi ? If you believed what you just said - you should infact be giving away most of your salary if not all.

2) Ok so you think the wives of Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oyakhilome, Ashimolowo, Dollar, Hinn etc were all called by God ?? Listening to the wives preach - in some cases it is clear they have very little theological knowlegde. You need to be more than the preachers wife or son to be a preacher. Benny Hinn is going through a divorce so is Paula White - if they were 'called', do you think this would be the case ?

3) Let me get you right - you think it is right for people not to pay bills, taxes, hospital bills etc, instead they should pay tithes ? In that case the churches should produce evidence that 10% of the people who pay their tithes have had their bills paid supernaturally. If they cannot do this, then it is wicked to keep on milking people this way. By the Elijah was starving as well so at least he had a reason to ask for food, what exactly do the churches/pastors lack ?

4) I know how much they earn because in the UK there is a charity commision where churches and other charities have to lodge their accounts - http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk. The salaries I refer to have to be published there - check it out yourself. For example this is KICC's link : http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1102114&SubsidiaryNumber=0

5) THEY DO NOT NEED PLANES - for what ? Is is their money they are using to pay for it ? those planes are at least $4 million each to be conservative. Do you know how many africans die from malaria, thyphoid, lack of drugs in hospitals ? It is wicked to see all that and still think the best way to spend money 'donated' is on planes and expensive cars ? Where is the compassion ?? Would you spend money on a new car if your children were starving or ill in hospital ? These pastors like to be called 'daddy' - do they behave like any loving or responsible father you know ?

6) If the tithes are not spent on charitable things, what is it spent on (apart from planes). Is the money kept in a room and never spent ? Is the money burnt ? What do they do with the money ? It is criminal and wicked to milk poor people.
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Joagbaje(m): 10:24am On Mar 08, 2011
EarsWide:

@Joagbaje 
Thanks for answering my questions. A few points:
1) You say pastors are wealthy because they are christians - and if you give you will receive, so why are there still poor christians - because they dont give enough ?? .

Faith is involved, if a man believes that poverty is humility, he can't have. That's the problem with the erroneous poverty preaching. It is devilish. Prosperity is of God and he wants us to do well. when a man gives he positions himself for receiving . Either it's healing, or financial miracle, when a man doesn't have faith due the unbelief ,God cant help him. That's why people must know their rights and privileges in christ. A man must have faith to recieve. When there's a giving there's a receiving .

Luke 6:38
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Two reason why a real pastor will continually have .
1.  He receives because he gives 
2.  People bless him with money or gifts because he has affected their lives positively.

Luke 8:3 GW translation
3 Joanna, whose husband Chusa was Herod's administrator; Susanna; and many other women. They provided financial support for Jesus and his disciples.

You can't take those two things from a real man of God. They must happen. God rewards them .Many so called rich men of God get those things free. Recently I sent a car the man that pastored me in campus some years ago. He was shocked .but  He touched my life. He was a real man of God. I gave check to my good lecturer also. And I still remember my art teacher in secondary school. He was a really devoted teacher. He is old now, I still check on him in Owo town. Same thing goes for a pastor and any person who is committed to a cause.

2) Ok so you think the wives of Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oyakhilome, Ashimolowo, Dollar, Hinn etc were all called by God ?? Listening to the wives preach - in some cases it is clear they have very little theological knowlegde. You need to be more than the preachers wife or son to be a preacher. Benny Hinn is going through a divorce so is Paula White - if they were 'called', do you think this would be the case ?

In the first place , God has called us all to preach his word. The sign that a man has come out of babyhood is to tale responsibility to preach . 

Hebrews 5:12
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Besides if a man is a real leader in a home, his household should embrace the responsibility of ministry.Thats success 

3) Let me get you right - you think it is right for people not to pay bills, taxes, hospital bills etc, instead they should pay tithes ?

If you are a tither , you should not have problem in paying your bills. God first, A man that can't pay his bill has other issues to address, it's like saying , if I pay my child school fees, I can't pay house rent. Like some of the childish posts and threads we see here .

In that case the churches should produce evidence that 10% of the people who pay their tithes have had their bills paid supernaturally.

It is not the church that should produce such evidence but rather the individuals who tithes because they believe in it. I've been a tither from childhood and I have countless of testimony. I just got a contract that is fetching over 10 million. I didn't ask for it. I gave a gift to someone and people saw it at the presidency . They made Order for it. I was too shocked, it's one of the beautiful surprises of a giving heart. And as soon as I get the money it will finish withing days because I have lists of people I plan to help and ofcourse sow some good seed.

If they cannot do this, then it is wicked to keep on milking people this way.

The mistake some of you make is to think that money given in a church belongs to Mr pastor. It's not true. He is the first giver and tither. He is only a custodian . Most pastor have their jobs and businesses except of course if they are not allowed of God to do any other thing so that they can devote themselves fully to ministry.
 The pastoral responsibility is only a privilege. And it's wrong to create impression that money people give to God Is a loss. 

By the Elijah was starving as well so at least he had a reason to ask for food, what exactly do the churches/pastors lack ?

Elijah didn't ask her for food because he was hungry, he gave her opportunity to practice the law of sowing and reaping. God knows how to take care of a man of God. Did God not feed him with roasted meat supernaturally? There is an anointing upon a real minister,  you give to him, it's not because he lack.

Philipians 4:16
 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. 17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. 18 But I have all, and abound: I am full. . . .

5) THEY DO NOT NEED PLANES - for what ? Is is their money they are using to pay for it ? those planes are at least $4 million each to be conservative.

You could have also said JESUS DIDNT NEED A SHIP EITHER ! . A plane is just a vehicle, a church or pastor has no business with it except it's required. And if they feel it's necessary to have one. Let God judge that. If you have missed important meetings due to flight delays, you will consider hire. If buying a plane on the long run will be more economical for this who's calling takes them all over the world. Especially those who travel with a large crew. If they buy one . It's only a vehicle but you see it rather as luxury. A real minister is dead to the beauty and fancy of the world . It's only a vehicle. The mission is more important than the vehicle.

Do you know how many africans die from malaria, thyphoid, lack of drugs in hospitals ? It is wicked to see all that and still think the best way to spend money 'donated' is on planes and expensive cars ? Where is the compassion ?? Would you spend money on a new car if your children were starving or ill in hospital ? These pastors like to be called 'daddy' - do they behave like any loving or responsible father you know ?

The church is not a charity home. The church may do charity work, but it's not the primary call of the church. The church primary responsibility is to preach the gospel. A pastor primary responsibility is his congregation and not folks on the streets.There are different callings. If you are concerned about the poor, Do something about them, you don't need to criticise others because you don't know the assignment God gave them.

6) If the tithes are not spent on charitable things, what is it spent on (apart from planes). Is the money kept in a room and never spent ? Is the money burnt ? What do they do with the money ? It is criminal and wicked to milk poor people. 

Churches pay rent, pay loans, purchase, sound equipment, generator. Diesel, some rent chairs or hire chairs, electric bills. Staff salaries. Maintainance. Do you know how much it cost to Run a service in some churches? Some large churches use 4 drums of diesel for just a service thats about 200,000 naira. Some churches require up to a million to run a setvice. Church money is not for Mr pastor. Most real pastor put their personal money into the work. They are in it for service and not for gains.
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 08, 2011
How come James the brother of Jesus took over church leadership from Peter.

Pastor joe ,Could you please adduce any biblical or historical proof for this outrageous claim
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by KunleOshob(m): 6:01pm On Mar 08, 2011
@earswide
So that you can understand joagbaje's point of view better, I shd mention to you he is a pastor with christ's embassy and he like his mentor oyaks is well trained in the art of scriptural manipulation for greedy personal gain. He has also been caught lying pants down several times on this forum so take everything he says with a pinch of salt. He has a selfish motive.

@joagbaje
I can see you are putting your connections at the presidency to good use, keep it up very soon you might make enough money to start your own mega church, build yourself into brand/house hold name then finally dump Oyaks. You can't be the con man's boiboi forever. As you are approaching your mid forties now you need to start running your own racket and stop labouring for another scammer.
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by AKHOZEM: 6:43pm On Mar 08, 2011
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Zikkyy(m): 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2011
Joagbaje:

Most pastors are first examples in giving .

They are also first examples in receiving grin

Joagbaje:

How did it make sense for elijah to ask a widow to give her last meal for him to eat?  

Unlike you, Elijah did not place a burden on anybody. It made sense for Elijah to ask cos he was acting based on directive from God. Are you saying pastors milking the poor today based on similar directive Elijah knew the woman jar of flour would not run dry. Can you say the same for the poor you currently fleece I wonder why the woman did not reap enough reward to build her a mansion and live like a queen considering Elijah’s anointing.

Joagbaje:

The solution to poverty is GIVING.

Na wa ooh sad You suppose recommend this your theory to GEJ, the man need to find a solution to our economic crisis. I think armed robbers and kidnappers should give more, this will help eliminate crime. Talk to GEJ abeg, the man fit make you senior economic adviser smiley

Joagbaje:

Are they not human beings ? Are planes made for monkeys?

The way you talk sef angry You no dey talk like Christian at all shocked What do mean are they not human beings angry We know they are human, and should enjoy the necessities of life. But a life of extreme luxury right in the middle of extreme poverty does not reflect a Christ-like personality angry You pastors paint the picture of a shepherd (on a very cold winter night) treating himself to the very best wine and cuisine (which might probably include lamp loin chops grin) in the comfort of his warm living room, while the sheep struggle to stay warm out in the cold. I know you go talk say them be sheeps, so they belong outside angry

EarsWide:

By the Elijah was starving as well so at least he had a reason to ask for food, what exactly do the churches/pastors lack ?

You talk true my brother.
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Zikkyy(m): 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2011
AKHOZEM:

i talk to responsible people dear. please let my interviwer talk, he seems more responsible.

Who be this
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by KunleOshob(m): 7:11pm On Mar 08, 2011
^^^
Obviously AKHOZEM is one of the numerous user I.D joagbaje uses to distort the truth and push his false doctrines.
@joagbaje
Why are you soooo twisted and dishonest? angry
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Enigma(m): 7:16pm On Mar 08, 2011
Ah, he too has been caught out (again, considering the previous Joagbaje/mabell fiasco)? Just like Deep Sight recently ----- the very same basic mistake of using one ID to reply as another ID.

Result? Credibility shot to pieces! I wish I'd caught him myself.

Oh and typically they quickly erase the post that catches them out --- people devoid of integrity!

Edited
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Zikkyy(m): 7:19pm On Mar 08, 2011
Joagbaje:

Faith is involved, if a man believes that poverty is humility, he can't have. That's the problem with the erroneous poverty preaching. It is devilish. Prosperity is of God and he wants us to do well. when a man gives he positions himself for receiving . Either it's healing, or financial miracle, when a man doesn't have faith due the unbelief ,God cant help him. That's why people must know their rights and privileges in christ.

You know, I get the impression (please correct me if I am wrong) that the purpose of the healing school is to build your faith level and only those that are able to achieve this get to meet oyaks. Why don’t you apply same to giving Why collect money from the ‘faithless’ or men of little faith. Why not help them build their faith first, before they start giving CEC members have been taught to believe this, how many are truly rich, how many pretend to be rich We all know the statistics, so how can a pastor say he has been successful in building men & woman of faith sad

Joagbaje:

A man must have faith to recieve. When there's a giving there's a receiving .

I can see from your post, one only require faith to receive, no faith is required when you give. Just give, that’s what is important, then build the required faith to receive the millions.

Joagbaje:

Two reason why a real pastor will continually have .
1.  He receives because he gives
2.  People bless him with money or gifts because he has affected their lives positively.

You can't take those two things from a real man of God. They must happen. God rewards them .

Your post sound materialistic probably why you get plenty of insults. It not expected of a man your status. God rewards, that I believe. And I believe it is those that have adhered to his commandment of loving God and their neighbor, not those that give for returns.  

Joagbaje:

If you are a tither , you should not have problem in paying your bills.

Jo, can you say with all tithers (without exception) have no problem meeting their bills? Can you say this Jo

Joagbaje:

I just got a contract that is fetching over 10 million. I didn't ask for it. I gave a gift to someone and people saw it at the presidency . They made Order for it. I was too shocked, it's one of the beautiful surprises of a giving heart.

Jo talk true grin You know you have Aso rock connection smiley I no go accept this example ooh angry give another one abeg grin How many people go give gift that will get to presidency, not to talk of making order. And the order even came to you, haba you think say presidency no get special vendor for inflating contract. Come to think of it, I hope you no play ball with those crooks at the presidency by inflating the value of the contract angry Presidency give pastor contract shocked You never give us the full gist grin

Joagbaje:

The mistake some of you make is to think that money given in a church belongs to Mr pastor. It's not true. He is the first giver and tither. He is only a custodian .

Who dey chop the money Na the congregation angry

Joagbaje:

Elijah didn't ask her for food because he was hungry, he gave her opportunity to practice the law of sowing and reaping. God knows how to take care of a man of God. Did God not feed him with roasted meat supernaturally?

Jo this na why I dey vex for you most times angry Why you dey lie like this angry I dey fear you walahi shocked You dey talk like say na only you get access to bible sad

1 Kings 17:5-9 (KJV)
5So he went and did according unto the word of the LORD: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.  6And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.  7And it came to pass after a while, that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land.
8And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying,
9Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.

Elijah no hungry abi angry but he was thirsty angry You see yourself na angry Tell me why anybody go take you seriously. Walahi, if I be member for your church, I for don dey ask for refund in tithe & offerings cos I am not impressed with the quality of service you are providing angry

Joagbaje:

A plane is just a vehicle, a church or pastor has no business with it except it's required. And if they feel it's necessary to have one. Let God judge that. If you have missed important meetings due to flight delays, you will consider hire. If buying a plane on the long run will be more economical for this who's calling takes them all over the world.

A private jet is not just a plane oga Jo. It is a luxury the pastor can do without. BTW it is not more economical, long run or short run.

Joagbaje:

The church primary responsibility is to preach the gospel. A pastor primary responsibility is his congregation and not folks on the streets.

Maybe I don’t understand you, but I don’t quite agree. Who makes up the pastors congregation? I am sure the congregation didn’t drop from the sky. I think the congregation results from interaction with folks on the street. Is he going to close the front door after achieving a set threshold? So how do separate the folks on the street from the congregation?

Joagbaje:

Most real pastor put their personal money into the work. They are in it for service and not for gains.

Yes, it’s possible ‘real’ pastors put their money into the work. I agree with you here. You can see I don’t always disagree with everything you post wink
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Joagbaje(m): 7:22pm On Mar 08, 2011
There is no numerous I.D.  Joagbaje has been viciously attacked on NL. I have made several complains to moderators , but nothing was done. And there is need for another ID. While joagbaje fades gradually. so that gave birth to AKHOZEM.
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Zikkyy(m): 7:25pm On Mar 08, 2011
Joagbaje:

There is no numerous I.D. Joagbaje has been viciously attacked on NL. I have made several complains to moderators , but nothing was done. And there is need for another ID. While joagbaje fades gradually. so that gave birth to AKHOZEM.

try again grin
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Enigma(m): 7:27pm On Mar 08, 2011
Joagbaje:

There is no numerous I.D.  Joagbaje has been viciously attacked on NL. I have made several complains to moderators , but nothing was done. And there is need for another ID. While joagbaje fades gradually. so that gave birth to AKHOZEM.  

That is why "Akhozem" posted here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=610431.msg7815292#msg7815292

AKHOZEM:

@ joagbaje
Thank you for this thread , It's quite enlightening. I have some questions though.

Remember that you also used mabell and co to do similar in the past "oh joagbaje your posts are always insigfhtful".

You have been confirmed to be a fraud.
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Enigma(m): 7:33pm On Mar 08, 2011
It gets worse!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=561327.msg7279801#msg7279801

AKHOZEM:

I nominat image 123 for his exhortation on his thread
I nominate joagbaje for his expositions and consistencies
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Joagbaje(m): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2011
Joeagabaje is not Mabel . I have explain the issue with AKHOZEM . Someone had asked me about AKHOZEM before, I didn't deny it. I didn't affirm it either . But I am not Mabel . She is female. You should know from her writing. If I am I will say yes i am.
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Enigma(m): 7:49pm On Mar 08, 2011
^^^ Better use this opportunity to confess your other IDs and frauds.
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Zikkyy(m): 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2011
Joagbaje voted for himself shocked with a different ID shocked damn grin

I have to agree with Jo though, i dont think he is mabel smiley

Edit: Oga Jo, what does AKHOZEM mean is it latin for 'CASH' grin
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Joagbaje(m): 7:57pm On Mar 08, 2011
Several friends have advised me to change I.D. But I like joagbaje, but when attacks began to go beyond ethics to personal life, up to the publishing of personal pictures from facebook. Giving my adress on a forum lije this. Its no lnger funny. Its a security matter. I have made several complains to moderators. And nothing was done. Actually AKHOZEM was handed over to me by a friend who has ben on my neck to change my I.D for safety and security reasons since sensitive posts are been made. Which  involves other faiths, such as Islam. And you find people attacking someone so viciously in such a personal way and exposing personal life . So I finally agree to take over his ID. I don't even know the meaning of AKHOZEM ! .
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Enigma(m): 8:00pm On Mar 08, 2011
Zikkyy:

Joagbaje voted for himself shocked with a different ID shocked damn grin

I have to agree with Jo though, i dont think he is mabel smiley

No he is not mabell; mabell is believed to be his wife. The fact though is that mabell, pretending she did not know Joagbaje, posted to "big him up".

They have been at the deceit for a long time. One day they will fully reveal their hands with kenya28 issue too. They may think they are on notice and try to be careful but "one day go be one day".
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Zikkyy(m): 8:10pm On Mar 08, 2011
Joagbaje:

Several friends have advised me to change I.D. But I like joagbaje,

I dont know why you would want to change your I.D, we love Joagbaje smiley Besides i dont see how you can pretend to be somebody else, we go catch you in no time. There is no need really.
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by mabell: 8:14pm On Mar 08, 2011
Na wao! i am not joagbaje
why drag me into this
he has agreed to the AKHOZEM id so where do i come in
what is even in the double id thing afterall others do it
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Zikkyy(m): 8:17pm On Mar 08, 2011
mabell:

what is even in the double id thing afterall others do it

mabell, what are your other I.Ds grin its confession time grin com'on, out with it grin
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by mabell: 8:56pm On Mar 08, 2011
ID 1: zikky
ID 2: bellma
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by nuclearboy(m): 9:21pm On Mar 08, 2011
Religious section poster of the year - by voting for himself using multiple IDs & getting others to do same

A pastor praising himself as another person and asking himself questions

A true MOG! chairman Yaks must be proud of you - see beautiful fruit worthy of emulation by "Christians".
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by nuclearboy(m): 9:40pm On Mar 08, 2011
MORE THOUGHTS

I remember that Tudor once caught me at the Auto section discussing a vehicle and started calling me big boy and said I must be making my pastor very rich. That day, I thought to create an alternate user-name but no, I didn't. What was I to be ashamed of? I have met over 200 Nairaland members due to business/other reasons and knew that 2 of them belonged to CEC when I met them. Interestingly, both stopped posting here after we met. Even with the potential risk of being known to people who support pastor chris to the point of insanity, I decided it was not necessary to hide behind another ID - why? God is in control. I have faced the most rabid Muslims on this forum and traded insults with them yet it is a sign of little trust in the God I name myself after if I hide.

Yet here is a MOG who says it is a risk for him to be known. A MOG who pretends to be different people so he can look better in the eyes of man. Who votes for himself so he can win a title that means NOTHING. A MOG who is searching for the approval of man! Like who? Is it Jesus that left you this example? Or Paul? Or Peter? Or James (your baby food Apostle)? Or Abraham? Or Israel? Wonderful. I feel like shedding tears as I consider how proud, vain, shallow and empty this guy must be to disregard God and CHEAT to win on nairaland. Is NL your dream or Heaven?

What more is there to be said especially knowing that his team will soon come here and scatter the thread with posts that offer nothing except insolence and further manifestations of dead consciences. Na wah O. Na real wa wa WA!

Yet look at the self righteous post #2 (third post) attempting to justify greed and to manipulate God's Word to even more personal gain. FRUIT, FRUIT , FRUIT - It always tells the type of plant. I wonder what this says about pastor chris to his followers if his bayelsa state pastor is what we see here
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Sagamite(m): 10:46pm On Mar 08, 2011
Joagbaje:

Enigma:

That is why "Akhozem" posted here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=610431.msg7815292#msg7815292

These are the kinds of fraudulent, dishonest, lying, manipulative, fake, cunning, thieving criminals that are part of leadership of the new generation, money hungry, criminal churches.

See the liar caught lying through his teeth!

Joagbaje:

How did it make sense for elijah to ask a widow to give her last meal for him to eat? It is based on a principle. The solution to poverty is GIVING.

How is the solution of poverty giving?

That is the first part of the question.

The second part of the question is the longer one: How is the solution of poverty giving to criminals like Oyakhilome that use your money to live affluently?

Joagbaje:

Are they not human beings ? Are planes made for monkeys? By the way how many have planes ?

Why do they need private jets?

Why do they need private jets funded by the money they relently ask for in their churches?

Why can't they use normal commuter planes but instead prefer luxury private jets?

Private jets are for rich people that have made money and can afford it or people that need high security, not monkeys.

Joagbaje:

How do you know how much they earn. A real pastor doesn't live by salary. His salary is a seed in his hand. He give by example. People bless him in return . Its a law of sowing and reaping. When you start giving and you see the result , you won't criticise wealth again. Wealth of a christian is to serve God and man.

What bloody results? Please explain.

Are you telling me that Oyakhilome is not living luxuriously using church funds?
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by EarsWide(m): 11:58pm On Mar 08, 2011
@KunleOshob
Thanks for the heads up on Joagbaje

@Joagbaje / @AKHOZEM
I was going to take my time and reply you but several people have done it very effectively. Just one point the scripture you quoted:

Luke 6:38
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

This scripture has nothing to do with money. It is the scripture often used by prosperity pastors to con more money out of people. The passage is actually part of a longer passage dealing with Judging others. Preachers often quote verse 38 but they never start from 37 which puts verse 38 into context:

37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

This is how the prosperity pastors take things out of context for financial gain.
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by Joagbaje(m): 12:06am On Mar 09, 2011
nuclearboy:

Yet here is a MOG who says it is a risk for him to be known. A MOG who pretends to be different people so he can look better in the eyes of man. Who votes for himself so he can win a title that means NOTHING.

I took over akhozem by January  this year. He is a friend from Edo state. I didnt create it  and I didn't vote for myself.  The issue of privacy is not with nairalanders here  . After Kunle, enigma and you started to google my name on the net . And began to attack my personality. I am not ashamed of who I am. I didn't deny it.  But the problem is that it may have consequencies on me. That's why I never affirm to be who You guy claim I am.  I don't have right to say that openly. It's like a police man going on tv to speak for the police when he is not the P.R.O of the police. If pastor chris doesn't speak to press or defend himself. He believes if you are of God, persecutions are only bread to make you stronger. I don't know what the results of these exposure of my responsibility  can cause me.

So having someone from Cec making defence of certain attacks, someone with a name , who holds a responsibility has  a serious consequence. The problem is not with nairalanders but Back home . " who sent you" ? That's why i protested over and over. It's not an issue of being ashamed my identity. I don't have right as a "whoever from wherever" when no one sent you. I don't know how long I can hold it before it lands me in trouble. I just came on NL as a christian poster without any agenda. But all these google of my name. Were uncalled for. I have said judge my posts  by the Word let's discuss the bible.

How can someone say I defend tithe because I don't have a job. I had said I am an artist , I am a business man . I make money. I am into so many things but you guys thought I was lying. I really felt let down by moderators  for lack of protection here.I thought all these attacks would have stopped.I can't express my freedom to make a post . Even on this thread , similar harrassment  came up

KunleOshob:

@earswide
So that you can understand joagbaje's point of view better, I shd mention to you he is a pastor with christ's embassy and he like his mentor oyaks is well trained in the art of scriptural manipulation for greedy personal gain.

Friends have advised me to change my I.D. Since  Until I decided to accept to take on akhozem this January. I have a style which cant be hidden. I decided to try it out  . I don't really like the idea. It's like loss of personality . But I decided to keep it as a back up if eventually I have to end joagbaje due to unnecessary exposure , I should have developed relationship with AKHOZEM
Re: Questions For 'prosperity Gospel' Advocates by EarsWide(m): 12:11am On Mar 09, 2011
@Joagbaje
I think you are protesting a bit too much about this ID thing - makes you look a bit guilty smiley

Anyway reply to my post about the bible passage - let me see you try and twist it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Second Coming Of Christ / Soul & Spirit - Whats the difference? / Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.