Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

The Pastoral Office (3); Church Vs Ecclesia - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pastoral Office (3); Church Vs Ecclesia (370 Views)

My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? / Are We Supposed To Be Doing Church Or Practicing Ecclesia? / Church Or Ecclesia, Which Is True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pastoral Office (3); Church Vs Ecclesia by Hiswordxray(m): 7:48am On Oct 17, 2020
This post is a series, in order for you not to misunderstand what is shared here, it is best for you to read the previous posts on my profile.

Church (a hall-like building) is the place for ministry and can have whatever title they want except elder/bishop/pastor. Those designations are not designed for the church system — they are not ministry terms, they are ecclesia terms. Pastoring is based on relationship, intimacy, and the ecclesia is the structure designed for such kind of intimacy. Bishops are overseers of ecclesia, they are not heads of ministry. Their business is not with ministry but ecclesia. Elders too is an ecclesia term, and has no place in ministry.

I am not sure if you will be able to understand these things. The present structure of Christianity is casting so much darkness that it makes it difficult to understand the true pattern. In the first century Paul would teach in the synagogue, which was a hall. And in Ephesus Paul rented a hall to teach. Those were not ecclesia, it is more like what we call church today, it is a preaching/teaching station. All they do there is preach. But ecclesia is held in the homes, and it involves mutual fellowship; iron is sharpening iron, intimacy is taking place, and they are helping to shape each other into the image of Christ.

Notice that the hall where Paul taught was not called the house of God. In Ephesus it was a secular place, an ordinary lecture hall. Yes, ministry are done in ordinary places, it is very unchristian to call a building the "house of God". This is not a joking matter, it was a taboo during the first and second century. Stephen died defending this truths. Even down to the second century, they were mocked and criticized for not having a church (a building dedicated to their God) and yet they refused to do such. Yes, church literary means "that which is dedicated to a god", and it is usually used to refer to a building, a temple.

The first complete English translation of the Bible (Tyndale Bible) only used the word church twice in the New Testament. And in both instances it was referring to a pagan temple. The idea of having a church was vehemently fought against in early Christianity. I will show you evidence. Just as we have the letters of the New Testament, the early Christians continued the tradition of writing letters. The letters of the NT gives us a window into the first century Christianity. The second century Christians also wrote letters, and these letters gives us a window into the second century Christianity

"The Word, prohibiting all sacrifices and the
building of temples, indicates that the Almighty is not contained in anything." Clement of Alexandria (c 195, E).

"We refuse to build lifeless temples to the
Giver of all life.... Our bodies are the temple of God... When they reproach us for not deeming it necessary to worship the divine Being by raising lifeless temples, we set before them our temples. Origen (c. 248, E).

You can see that they were even criticizing them for not building a church, yet they vehemently refused to do so. That last quote was from the mid third century, but as at this time Christians have gradually began to move from worshipping at their houses to worshipping in catacombs. They claimed that the grave of the apostles were holy grounds. Then in the fourth century they began building churches on those graves. St. Peter Basilica was built on what was assumed to be Peter's grave. In fact, they became so perverse that they moved from the apostles' to the grave of any famous Christian saint.

If they can't build on those saints grave they would transfer the remains of the dead saints and bury them under the church altar. That church altar was actually a grave of dead saints. They developed this ideology that the grave of saints are one of the most holy places on earth. This was how we started calling the church altar a holy ground. Some churches today don't even allow the Choirs to climb the church altar because they feel it is too holy for such kind of people. All these are perverse pagan mentality

In fact, that period of the Church history was a very terrible period. They were so obsessed with the remains of the apostles and holy saints. They would search for them like gold, then they will break the bones into small pieces and put a rope into it. That was how rosery started, it was a rope of relics (bones and remains) of the apostles and holy saints. Christianity started turning into a pagan thing, they were literally worshipping dead bodies. Anyway, our topic is on the pastoral system, I only said all that to show you the level of degradation and perversion of the Christian community as at that period.

Before going back to the pastoral system, I will quickly state this. The idea of doing church (worshipping in a physical building designated as the house of God) is not Christian, it is pagan. It is a paganize Christianity. The only way that churches can redeem themselves back into true Christianity is if they recant such ideology and teaching. And if they begin to see themselves as just ministries, and the buildings are just halls for ministry like the hall that Paul rented in Ephesus or like the Jewish civic hall called synagogue.

But as long as they continue to call that thing the house of God and treat it as a place of worship, then what they are doing is paganism. It is an impure thing, a perversion of God's original intention for the New Covenant people. Anyway, I will employ you to do your own research, we are in the age of information. We have Google, you can go research on everything I have written here. Research about the early Christian practice, confirm the quotes I made here if they are authentic. Don't sit in ignorance and be practicing paganism, find out the truth and make the necessary adjustments.

This post belongs to a series. To read the rest of the series check by profile or visit:
https://exodus-ecclesia..com

Re: The Pastoral Office (3); Church Vs Ecclesia by Hiswordxray(m): 7:58am On Oct 18, 2020
Check my profile for the rest of the series
Re: The Pastoral Office (3); Church Vs Ecclesia by Hiswordxray(m): 10:41am On Oct 18, 2020
Hiswordxray:
Check my profile for the rest of the series
or visit:
Re: The Pastoral Office (3); Church Vs Ecclesia by Blabbermouth: 10:59am On Oct 19, 2020
Hiswordxray:
This post is a series, in order for you not to misunderstand what is shared here, it is best for you to read the previous posts on my profile.

Church (a hall-like building) is the place for ministry and can have whatever title they want except elder/bishop/pastor. Those designations are not designed for the church system — they are not ministry terms, they are ecclesia terms. Pastoring is based on relationship, intimacy, and the ecclesia is the structure designed for such kind of intimacy. Bishops are overseers of ecclesia, they are not heads of ministry. Their business is not with ministry but ecclesia. Elders too is an ecclesia term, and has no place in ministry.

I am not sure if you will be able to understand these things. The present structure of Christianity is casting so much darkness that it makes it difficult to understand the true pattern. In the first century Paul would teach in the synagogue, which was a hall. And in Ephesus Paul rented a hall to teach. Those were not ecclesia, it is more like what we call church today, it is a preaching/teaching station. All they do there is preach. But ecclesia is held in the homes, and it involves mutual fellowship; iron is sharpening iron, intimacy is taking place, and they are helping to shape each other into the image of Christ.

Notice that the hall where Paul taught was not called the house of God. In Ephesus it was a secular place, an ordinary lecture hall. Yes, ministry are done in ordinary places, it is very unchristian to call a building the "house of God". This is not a joking matter, it was a taboo during the first and second century. Stephen died defending this truths. Even down to the second century, they were mocked and criticized for not having a church (a building dedicated to their God) and yet they refused to do such. Yes, church literary means "that which is dedicated to a god", and it is usually used to refer to a building, a temple.

The first complete English translation of the Bible (Tyndale Bible) only used the word church twice in the New Testament. And in both instances it was referring to a pagan temple. The idea of having a church was vehemently fought against in early Christianity. I will show you evidence. Just as we have the letters of the New Testament, the early Christians continued the tradition of writing letters. The letters of the NT gives us a window into the first century Christianity. The second century Christians also wrote letters, and these letters gives us a window into the second century Christianity

"The Word, prohibiting all sacrifices and the
building of temples, indicates that the Almighty is not contained in anything." Clement of Alexandria (c 195, E).

"We refuse to build lifeless temples to the
Giver of all life.... Our bodies are the temple of God... When they reproach us for not deeming it necessary to worship the divine Being by raising lifeless temples, we set before them our temples. Origen (c. 248, E).

You can see that they were even criticizing them for not building a church, yet they vehemently refused to do so. That last quote was from the mid third century, but as at this time Christians have gradually began to move from worshipping at their houses to worshipping in catacombs. They claimed that the grave of the apostles were holy grounds. Then in the fourth century they began building churches on those graves. St. Peter Basilica was built on what was assumed to be Peter's grave. In fact, they became so perverse that they moved from the apostles' to the grave of any famous Christian saint.

If they can't build on those saints grave they would transfer the remains of the dead saints and bury them under the church altar. That church altar was actually a grave of dead saints. They developed this ideology that the grave of saints are one of the most holy places on earth. This was how we started calling the church altar a holy ground. Some churches today don't even allow the Choirs to climb the church altar because they feel it is too holy for such kind of people. All these are perverse pagan mentality

In fact, that period of the Church history was a very terrible period. They were so obsessed with the remains of the apostles and holy saints. They would search for them like gold, then they will break the bones into small pieces and put a rope into it. That was how rosery started, it was a rope of relics (bones and remains) of the apostles and holy saints. Christianity started turning into a pagan thing, they were literally worshipping dead bodies. Anyway, our topic is on the pastoral system, I only said all that to show you the level of degradation and perversion of the Christian community as at that period.

Before going back to the pastoral system, I will quickly state this. The idea of doing church (worshipping in a physical building designated as the house of God) is not Christian, it is pagan. It is a paganize Christianity. The only way that churches can redeem themselves back into true Christianity is if they recant such ideology and teaching. And if they begin to see themselves as just ministries, and the buildings are just halls for ministry like the hall that Paul rented in Ephesus or like the Jewish civic hall called synagogue.

But as long as they continue to call that thing the house of God and treat it as a place of worship, then what they are doing is paganism. It is an impure thing, a perversion of God's original intention for the New Covenant people. Anyway, I will employ you to do your own research, we are in the age of information. We have Google, you can go research on everything I have written here. Research about the early Christian practice, confirm the quotes I made here if they are authentic. Don't sit in ignorance and be practicing paganism, find out the truth and make the necessary adjustments.

This post belongs to a series. To read the rest of the series check by profile or visit:
Hey DappaD, you can grasp a thing or two from this guy's article and see also why denomination was never Yah's plan or Yahshua's prototype of Christianity.
Re: The Pastoral Office (3); Church Vs Ecclesia by Hiswordxray(m): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Hey DappaD, you can grasp a thing or two from this guy's article and see also why denomination was never Yah's plan or Yahshua's prototype of Christianity.
Thanks.

You are also permitted to copy and share this article together with the rest of the series. Or you can refer to the blog where I achieved the whole series. Here is the link to the blog:

Christians need to know this truth. Let's spread it so that it could reach people. The body of Christ must understand what God really wants from us
Re: The Pastoral Office (3); Church Vs Ecclesia by Hiswordxray(m): 6:23am On Nov 01, 2020
Happy New month people
Re: The Pastoral Office (3); Church Vs Ecclesia by Hiswordxray(m): 10:19am On Nov 01, 2020
Hiswordxray:
Happy New month people
And happy Sunday
Re: The Pastoral Office (3); Church Vs Ecclesia by Hiswordxray(m): 8:59am On Nov 15, 2020
Have you read this yet?

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Only !!! See This / Bishop TD Jakes Sermon Today / Bishop Oyedepo To Unveil Multi-billion Naira 100,000 Seat Capacity Auditorium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.