Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,294 members, 7,780,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:35 PM

TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown (36542 Views)

Sunday Igboho: Tinubu Gave Me N2 Million When I Visited Him At Bourdillon / Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist / All The Political Gladiators In Lagos Closing Ranks In Bourdillon (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2020
Nigerians always use tribe or religion to attract public sympathies. Bigots food is served!
Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2020
TechyMm0:

Tinubu is a major shareholder / Owner in many Nigerian top companies.. Oando , Intels, TheNation , hotel Continental, Chagaoury groups , Remita , Alphabeta Wema bank and a whole long list.

Simple rule has kept them afloat is , he never directly manages his business, he keeps it only with professionals and,doesn't speak about them, and his direct nuclear family are not running them, so he doesn't have to answer to anyone except his managers, his immediate family don't have to also get dragged into any mess

Okay agreed the girl walked out and was sacked, it doesn't end there, the public will still try to find out what made her to walk out on the live show.

The mangers had poor judgement in bringing an immature girl to anchor a sensitive show. Look at it now everyone is still talking about it.

Most people here I am surprised don't see the culpability of the management.

Competitors are by the corners watching with keen interest.

1 Like

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by Miracle2020: 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2020
Moferere:
Damage control, one day we will revisit Tinubu and his ill gotten assets.

Till then, #EndSARS
After Peter Obi abi?

1 Like

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by spiralwedge(m): 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2020
Sandra killed her career completely with this. Only a fellow Igbo bigot would take her on. She's too headstrong.

1 Like

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by Btruth: 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2020
I respected Morayo than this rubbish. Anyway, God knows all that is hidden.
Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by oluwaahmed: 4:14pm On Oct 17, 2020
kcnwaigbo:

It was very unprofessional for her employer to stop her from commenting on the Oba Akiolu's comment

Yet they allowed the stupid caller to be spewing trash about another tribe till the extent she got passed off and walked out. Why didn't they cut him off?
Sandra u did well we are not cowardly like the people talking dust from tread 1

1 Like

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by ebuk4real(m): 4:14pm On Oct 17, 2020
festacman:
First, let me acknowledge that Sandra Eze has right of movement but walking out of the live program was unprofessional and huge disrespect to her co-presenters, the viewers and her employers. Sandra is not as cerebral and critical as Tope Mark-Odigie but she applies professionalism. One day, Sandra will own a TV show or TV stations and I will see if she will applaud and promote an employee who walks out on her live program.

Second, let me also acknowledge that Sandra Eze has right of expression but not respecting the corporate interest of your employer is pure SABOTAGE. TVC gave her platform for fame and experience. If an election was up in a few days and somebody made a careless statement that would damage the political fortune of your employer and you were told not to escalate the sensitive issue, why go ahead and escalate? Even Agatha Amata's TV she is currently working with was funded by ex-governor Uduaghan. So, will they spare her if she deliberately did anything that would damage his political fortune?

A typical illustration is the fact that many people who disagree with #EndSars protest organizers' tactics are exercising restraint to criticize because of far reaching consquences of damaging the gains made and being seen as enemy of the youths. That's wisdom which Sandra lacks.

The truth is people should learn to accept consequences of their actions without blaming others.

Balanced criticism from a rational mind. Weldone

2 Likes

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by Miracle2020: 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2020
scribble:

So tinubu can't find smart yoruba abo. kis to manage his company. Na Europeans? With stolen money. The thunder that will fire him is doing press up inside thor hammer
the money you people gather for kanu,why is he spending it in Europe? Why not come to Biafra land and spend the money?

3 Likes

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by Ellaisaqueeen(f): 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2020
martineverest:
that was why they removed jumoke tóo....because she was known to be anti APC

Mehn!! Are you serious? shocked I just woke up one morning and couldn't find her.
Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by drololaaof: 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2020
Uuhm two is fooling who the leprous hand
Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by Ellaisaqueeen(f): 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2020
Millimann:
We are all talking about walking out on a live programme. But why dictate to the presenters not to discuss a particular trending topic

TVC is not CNN that says it how it is. They always try to save image and kiss ass, always hiding something and sitting on the fence when it comes to sensitive issues.
Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by yahmohy27: 4:22pm On Oct 17, 2020
jplusnaira:
Morayo you don't need to defend Bourdillon we know the truth. It is the rule of nature, he that pays the Piper dictates the tune.

Bourdillon has always publicly presented himself as a true democrat but with the way we see him run Lagos affairs we know that is not the case.

After watching the way he disposed of Ambode I had confirmed the kind of person he really is. It was still on a TVC program (Journalist Hangout) that Babajide was advicing that journalist should have worked out on FFK when he insulted a journalist some weeks back. Now it is the same TVC that is firing another journalist for working out when she felt insulted grin grin cheesy

Double standards everywhere its a pity. The only mistake you made was telling her the source of where her sack order came from. I just felt disappointed with the way you guys handled the situation especially knowing fully well that igbos form a major chunk of your viewership.

I just hope this mess is not blown out of proportion because I believe igbos have left that episode behind them let's not rekindle that horrible past from our senseless leaders that will always want to use the divide and conquer mechanism to control us.

Rather let's focus on what are more important now which are
#EndSars
#EndSwat
#EndPoliceBrutality

......we move
You're an IPOB ,right?
Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by blue2tech: 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2020
Jomoke was not fired o. she resigned
Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by Ellaisaqueeen(f): 4:31pm On Oct 17, 2020
Ategberoson:

babies everywhere. you nonentities won't cease to shook mouth on what transcend your common sense

TVC is one of the best private TV station in Nigeria and you blockhead propaganda and blackmailing won't change that

There was no need for you to insult me just to get your point across.
Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2020
scribble:

So tinubu can't find smart yoruba abo. kis to manage his company. Na Europeans? With stolen money. The thunder that will fire him is doing press up inside thor hammer

Go tell your papa to employ aboki for him ugu and cocoyam farm

3 Likes

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2020
IamWonderful:
Don't mind the deluded embittered baby factory girl trying drag Tinubu into her innate unprofessional misconduct, mischievous bigotry.
YORUBA SLAVE HAPPY WEEKEND SIR you among of 5 out of 7 Nigeria who have serious mental health challenge
Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by jplusnaira: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2020
TechyMm0:

Tinubu is a major shareholder / Owner in many Nigerian top companies.. Oando , Intels, TheNation , hotel Continental, Chagaoury groups , Remita , Alphabeta Wema bank and a whole long list.

Simple rule has kept them afloat is , he never directly manages his business, he keeps it only with professionals and,doesn't speak about them, and his direct nuclear family are not running them, so he doesn't have to answer to anyone except his managers, his immediate family don't have to also get dragged into any mess

No wahala continue to fuel his arrogance. Maybe you have forgotten that none of those companies have ever pitched him against any tribe before.

It may not look like a big deal now but wait until 2022 when his enemies start digging out this issue that is when your mouth will shut up.
Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by SavageResponse(m): 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2020
jplusnaira:

Tinubu deserves to make an official response to this allegation because little things like this could hunt him in the future.

Look at the protest happening everywhere if the government had responded swiftly and not arrogantly at the beginning things wound not have escalated this way.

Already TVC is already been mocked by the way they are not effectively covering the protest and we all know it is not unconnected with their link with Tinubu. I am not a fan of his but I am also not his enemy I just love the fact that TVC is the number one station in Nigeria and I want them to maintain that title for as long as they can because Channels TV don too carry that title for long and having some kind of competition is good for TV.

Tinubu does not need to make any statement regarding this matter.

He is probably not involved in the day-to-day running of the business

3 Likes

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by Ategberoson(m): 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2020
Ellaisaqueeen:

There was no need for you to insult me just to get your point across.

no apologies

1 Like

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by Ategberoson(m): 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2020
flokii:

This is what we keep saying that the man is just too liberal.. the same people are the ones against his aspirations now, doing all they can to nail him to the cross while Uzor Kalu, Peter Obi and the likes from their own region walk free.
Attimes I wonder what goes on in the heads of our politicians in SW. They are making every tom, dick and harry take Yorubas for a ride.

Tinubu played himself out, he made his aspiration above the unity of his people, regardless of party, someone like him and OBJ were expected to unite the Yoruba Nation as Yoruba political leaders but their aspiration is always taken away above their people's interest

as for those Igbo, even in their region where I served, my landlady who was Igbo but grew up among Yorubas said Igbo cannot be satisfied or pleased, they hardly valued effort or your input

Ambode stand against them most esp in Lasu admission but these people stand against Tinubu who include them in Lagos state constitution during his governance and supported Ambode who tamed their overzealousness in Lagos

they're bunch of mental affliction entities, I mean most of them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by jplusnaira: 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2020
SavageResponse:

Tinubu does not need to make any statement regarding this matter.

He is probably not involved in the day-to-day running of the business

He is not involved but he knows how to sack a lady who reacted because she felt insulted right. Continue to deceive yourself.

As the owner of Lagos and your Lord and Master he has the right to do and undo right. It is like Edo elections has not opened your eyes to the fact that this days people need to be respected.

No wahala they are waiting in the East for him to come and campaign for 2023
Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by tamdun: 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2020
Ellaisaqueeen:

TVC is not CNN that says it how it is. They always try to save image and kiss ass, always hiding something and sitting on the fence when it comes to sensitive issues.
Even cnn dictate to their presenters, watch fox news and cnn presidential coverage you'll know that all media houses also play politics

6 Likes

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by maleekgold(m): 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2020
TechyMm0:

Tinubu's Compass investment Chicago Limited accounts with Citi Bank had $12 million USD in 1990 10 years before he became a Governor

Tinubu, Atiku and Volpi cofounded INTELS Logistics many years before democracy

He has attained the Position of Treasurer/CFO in ExxonMobil , Partners in Deloitte Anderson Auditing Chicago, PricewaterhouseCoopers 2 decades before Politics

If you think such a man who is prolly worth Billions in dollars hires based on tribe then you are having issues, and if you personally think Tinubu has time for a mere TV presenter or Staff from 1000s of staffs he has then you are being silly

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by Onepeople: 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2020
festacman:
First, let me acknowledge that Sandra Eze has right of movement but walking out of the live program was unprofessional and huge disrespect to her co-presenters, the viewers and her employers. Sandra is not as cerebral and critical as Tope Mark-Odigie but she applies professionalism. One day, Sandra will own a TV show or TV stations and I will see if she will applaud and promote an employee who walks out on her live program.

Second, let me also acknowledge that Sandra Eze has right of expression but not respecting the corporate interest of your employer is pure SABOTAGE. TVC gave her platform for fame and experience. If an election was up in a few days and somebody made a careless statement that would damage the political fortune of your employer and you were told not to escalate the sensitive issue, why go ahead and escalate? Even Agatha Amata's TV she is currently working with was funded by ex-governor Uduaghan. So, will they spare her if she deliberately did anything that would damage his political fortune?

A typical illustration is the fact that many people who disagree with #EndSars protest organizers' tactics are exercising restraint to criticize because of far reaching consquences of damaging the gains made and being seen as enemy of the youths. That's wisdom which Sandra lacks.

The truth is people should learn to accept consequences of their actions without blaming others.
you take your time to blame the victim rather than the oppressor , it was unprofessional for her to wk away from a live programme.
What do you have to say about a TV station that allow a particular people to use their platform to rain abuse and insult to a particular tribe, this is one of the reasons #ENDSAS will continue to look like jamboree to my eye .don't allow Tinubu selfish interest to blind ur eyes from seeing the truth ok.

1 Like

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by farem: 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2020
scribble:

TVC has the widest correspondent, quality global network in Nigeria. So you expect a core, globally exposed professional to manage it or do you want them to recruit dead woods from NTA?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by SavageResponse(m): 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2020
jplusnaira:

He is not involved but he knows how to sack a lady who reacted because she felt insulted right. Continue to deceive yourself.

As the owner of Lagos and your Lord and Master he has the right to do and undo right. It is like Edo elections has not opened your eyes to the fact that this days people need to be respected.

No wahala they are waiting in the East for him to come and campaign for 2023

What statement do you want Tinubu to come and make?

An employee acted unprofessionally and was sacked and you people are here raising dust over nothing.

I do not particularly like Tinubu but in this instance as far as I'm concerned he owes no one any explanation.

Several years agao Jeff Koinange a popular CNN reporter was sacked for unprofessional conduct, why did you people not go and ask Ted Turner who was oner of CNN at the time to come and issue an official statement.

So long as the employer does not willfully create a hostile work environment, he/she reserves the right to hire and fire!

You people should stop bringing sentiments into matters of business
Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by richie240: 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2020
Afam4eva:

It was unprofessional for her o walk of a live set. However, i'm more concerned with the fact that in TVC, they always seem to be walking on egg shells when talking about particular people due to political allegiance. Telling them not to talk about the Oba of Lagos's statement about the Igbos was unprofessional since it was a trending issue at the time.
I never knew they signed a 'till death do us part' contract.
And what happened to the 'resignation letter'?

If they didn't employ an 'Eze', they'll say 'ethnic outfit', now an 'Eze' has bn employed, his employers must walk on egg shells by allowing unprofessionalism so as to appease 'endangered species'?

Newton's 3rd law: "To every action there's an equal but opposite rxn"; in short, " there are consequences to our action".

If her unprofessional attitude is overlooked - because she's an 'endangered specie'- what moral standing does her employer have to rebuke another 'endangered specie' who tows a similar path tmr?

cool

3 Likes

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by Onepeople: 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2020
inoki247:
People sha dey play this tribe shit.... Person waka comot for a live show and you expect him or her not to be sacked
is that the only message u got from her own point of view? Go back and read again ok.she was anchoring a programme that has to do with the threat Oba of Lagos made against her tribe.
Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by ogunsbanjul(m): 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2020
God bless you Morayo Afolabi-Brown for clarifying this and for enabling us to know the truth.
Walking out of LIVE SHOW habaa fear God because one day she will will own her own business. How will she handles this, if her own employee working for her walks out of her presence while discussing critical issue.
God will surely she her through. The best is coming on her way and that's why she intentionally walked out of live show despite against the ethics of her profession
Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by martineverest(m): 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2020
Ellaisaqueeen:

Mehn!! Are you serious? shocked I just woke up one morning and couldn't find her.
they made it look like she was leaving as per moving forward,whereas they sacked her as 2019 election was approaching to prevent her from.criticising APC...after she left,they never talked about her or invite her occasionally for the program...its only yeni kuti that still made reference to her....jumoke Oland obiajulu were highly anti APC,when jumoke left oby was left with no choice than to flow worship or criticise APC less.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by martineverest(m): 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2020
Btruth:
I respected Morayo than this rubbish. Anyway, God knows all that is hidden.
many things are hidden in that show....the sack of uwa,sanzye and jumoke speaks alot about that show

1 Like

Re: TVC, Not Bourdillon, Suspended Sanzye, Says Afolabi-brown by Ellaisaqueeen(f): 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2020
tamdun:

Even cnn dictate to their presenters, watch fox news and cnn presidential coverage you'll know that all media houses also play politics

I know they tell them what to say, as long as it's verified they'll say it. But, people have been talking about how FOX is not all that credible anymore because Trump seems to have a certain power over it.

TVC's own is just too much. It's written on their faces.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obi To Obidients: Vote For Sandy Onor, PDP Governorship Candidate In Cross River / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Should Remember His Stand In 2012 - Ajaero / Nyeson Wike In trouble As Card Readers Only Recorded 292,000 Accredited Voters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.